Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: none

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by C4L » 2 weeks ago

Elizabeth Warren should be the next US president.
Dream Big Fight Hard
She will destroy the income inequality by imposing a wealth tax.

It's time for the rich to pay their fair share.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 week ago

This kind of thing is unfortunately (or some would consider fortunately) going to destroy the Republican Party over the next decade. Conservatism is a viable long term political strategy appealing to a large section of the population but ultimately the policies like this make it appear out of touch and fascistic.

Almost in a similar way to how I would consider the far left/bernies policies for example; aimed at raising the living standards of the working class but when you’re advocating open borders or anti business policies that would leave tens of thousands of companies in the red or entirely uncompetitive they’re so economically genocidal that the country would hemorrhage jobs and default on its debts, being in a significantly worse position to provide social services than it is now. Or over investment in renewable energy (largely wind farms) at the expense of baseload, which in virtually every circumstance acts as a giant regressive tax in terms of energy prices that also brings in no revenue. The results so far off base from the proposed aims.

Just like this, it’s extremism masked as conservatism.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 week ago

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
Just like this, it’s extremism masked as conservatism.
You are absolutely right. The bill is cruel and beyond stupid. What the fuck were people who introduced the bill were thinking?
Trump 2020

DerPapillus
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by DerPapillus » 1 week ago

pjhair wrote:
1 week ago
You are absolutely right. The bill is cruel and beyond stupid. What the fuck were people who introduced the bill were thinking?
They were not even remotely ''considering or reasoning about'' the bill.

This action, like so many before it in the past couple years, is a sign of male frustration and rage about the current state of dynamic between the genders and practice of laws and norms widely accepted.

It is merely a swing in the other direction, and like with so many things regarding human beings as a collective conscience - we are unable to deal with it in an objective and reasonable manner.

Rather, the stances shift to the other extreme. Sad story really, but we will be alright in the end. :)
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

pjhair wrote:
1 week ago
What bill?
For the love of South Western skies.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Trump 2020

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/noam- ... -on-earth/
truthdig wrote:According to Chomsky, another four years of Donald Trump “may spell the end of much of life on earth, including organized human society in any recognizable form.”
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Chomsky was delusional even before old age set in.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

https://www.project-syndicate.org/comme ... al-2019-11
After all, the climate crisis is not just about the environment. It is a crisis of human rights, of justice, and of political will. Colonial, racist, and patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

"After all, the climate crisis is not just about the environment. It is a crisis of human rights, of justice, and of political will. Colonial, racist, and patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all."

Then let China and India do the same.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Isn't Greta like 15 years old? She should go back and finish high school instead of opening her mouth like an idiot.

Just this month, five million masks were handed out at schools in New Delhi, India’s capital, owing to toxic smog. Fossil fuels are literally choking the life from us.

The above quote from the article is blatantly misleading and utterly dishonest. Yes, the pollution level in Delhi reached dangerous levels recently but NOT for the reasons stated in the article. In fact, the pollution reaches that level EVERY year in Delhi around October/November for a few reasons:

(1) Celebration of Diwali in which tens of millions of people do fireworks
(2) Burning of crops by farmers in neighboring states to Delhi

The idiots who wrote that article are either dishonest or ignorant or both.

Added in 3 minutes 43 seconds:

The level of conversation in society has sunk depressingly low. An ignorant 15 years old opens her mouth about issues she has no understanding of. It gets picked up by media and her hollow, foolish words spread like wildfire among masses of equally foolish people. Why is the media covering her again??
Trump 2020

DerPapillus
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by DerPapillus » 1 week ago

pjhair wrote:
1 week ago
Isn't Greta like 15 years old? She should go back and finish high school instead of opening her mouth like an idiot.

Just this month, five million masks were handed out at schools in New Delhi, India’s capital, owing to toxic smog. Fossil fuels are literally choking the life from us.

The above quote from the article is blatantly misleading and utterly dishonest. Yes, the pollution level in Delhi reached dangerous levels recently but NOT for the reasons stated in the article. In fact, the pollution reaches that level EVERY year in Delhi around October/November for a few reasons:

(1) Celebration of Diwali in which tens of millions of people do fireworks
(2) Burning of crops by farmers in neighboring states to Delhi

The idiots who wrote that article are either dishonest or ignorant or both.

Added in 3 minutes 43 seconds:

The level of conversation in society has sunk depressingly low. An ignorant 15 years old opens her mouth about issues she has no understanding of. It gets picked up by media and her hollow, foolish words spread like wildfire among masses of equally foolish people. Why is the media covering her again??
It would be so tempting to write the following:
Greta is not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

... had she not been a privileged and spoilt 15 year old brat.

Even though the climate change is real, and all of the empirical data seem to point in that direction - having Greta to speak for human kind is just way too cartoonish and provokes a hard cringe. And this is not just because she is 15y old (even though great IQ if she had one would hardly compensate for lacking in exp), but also she is not spectacular in any way.

It is not hard to understand why the scientific community has a hard time gaining traction within the average voter or citizen when you have political correct erects popping up at every corner seeking attention and virtue signalling. This is what makes me truly sad.

edit: soon to be 17y in her ''defense'' (my God...)
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

JLBB wrote:
3 weeks ago
Probably worth reading at least *one* article by a left-wing progressive Russia sceptic rather than only listening to Rachel Maddow hey?
Is it more childish to give dislikes, or more childish to complain and act like a prissy little princess about it? What a delusional fucking cunt you are. Grown woman can't stand being given a fucking dislike on an internet forum. Cunt.
It's one thing to disagree, but what is wrong with you? Seriously.

You're acting like such a dick about this. You're entitled to your opinion, but she was discussing the topic, not calling
you names.

I liked Carly Fiona, who was the Republican candidate for the United States. She is into technology, I don't think she would
have been a bad pick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Fiorina

The United States has never had a female President. We had one "non white" male in 2008 - 2016, that
was it.

All of the President's are very old, and quite honestly, I would welcome a President in their thirties or fourties. It's
a hard job. I'm not being critical, I'm just stating the facts.
Think happy thoughts.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

DerPapillus wrote:
1 week ago
Even though the climate change is real, and all of the empirical data seem to point in that direction - having Greta to speak for human kind is just way too cartoonish and provokes a hard cringe. And this is not just because she is 15 year old (even though great IQ if she had one would hardly compensate for lacking in exp), but also she is not spectacular in any way.
You are right. I personally don't really care about the issue of climate change. It's is not an issue that I feel strongly about. However, lack of intellectual honesty and illogical arguments really get to me. Another thing that pissed me off was the following quote from the article (@Admin posted the same quote):

"That action must be powerful and wide-ranging. After all, the climate crisis is not just about the environment. It is a crisis of human rights, of justice, and of political will. Colonial, racist, and patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all. Our political leaders can no longer shirk their responsibilities."''

Seriously?! They took the issue of climate change and managed to twist it into yet another criticism of the West in general and white men in particular. I mean who are they trying to fool?? Don't women and minorities fucking use the products made by corporations that allegedly contribute to global warming?? Is Greta telling me that she is going to walk whenever she leaves Sweden and not use the products such as train and airplanes that were made by white men and thus a result of colonial patriarchy??? No they would consume all the products and simultaneously criticize those who made those products. Give me a break. Fucking hypocrites.

They should be ashamed of their constant attack on the West. But alas they live in a bubble and would never realize how disgustingly foolish their behavior is.
Trump 2020