Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 1 week ago

blackg wrote:
1 week ago
Next time use the proper noun "homosexual."
fucking FAGGOTS.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
I'd imagine that the losing side of the judgement will assert that the archeological society is biased against them.
They didn't. Archeological society is a scientific, unbiased body consisted of members from the Muslim community as well. The losing side didn't question the findings but they did question the conclusions drawn from the findings. For example, when confronted with the fact that ancient idols were found at the site, a hallmark of Hindu temples, Muslim side argues they could have been toys. This is of course ridiculous as idols are strictly prohibited under Islam.

Anyway, now when the verdict has come I expect leftists newspapers like New York Times and BBC argue that it was a biased decision and will claim that it's a sign of some rising Hindu supremacy, like they did when India revoked article 370 and ended special status of Kashmir a couple of months ago. I also expect leftist politicians like Bernie Sanders and Illhan Omar open their ignorant mouths and criticize the current center right wing Indian government like they were a couple of months ago without having an iota of knowledge and understanding of the region.

Added in 6 hours 17 minutes 42 seconds:
yettee wrote:
1 week ago
You're right about that. I'm trying to avoid a linkathon, but this is more to the point.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/rise-far- ... ted-states

I hope you're right about it being an aberration, I suppose time will tell.
So I finally looked at the article. Like I suspected, it says nothing of value. Yes, there is a blip in right wing extremist acts in the US/Europe, but that doesn't mean there is some large scale war waged on people by extremist groups. There is also a blip in Antifa attack in recent years. I wouldn't take that as an evidence for some large scale violence advocated by lefties. Additionally, the blip can also be blamed on lunatic immigration policies advocated by the left. From the article:

" RAM is a white supremacist group headquartered in southern California. Its members posted photographs on their Instagram accounts of their Europe trip with the RAM logo and words like “RAPEFUGEES ARE NOT WELCOME HERE”"

If you truly want right wing extremism to die, I recommend you do the following:

(1) Oppose idiotic immigration policies advocated by lefties like Merkel.

(2) Take pride in the western culture and the accomplishments of white people

(3) It's fine to want to help Africans, Asians, Indians etc. The proper way to do so is encourage them to fix their own countries and provide them
assistance to do so if you wish. However don't invite them to your own countries by millions!!! That's bad for everyone. It creates
problems in your countries and it also takes away incentive for immigrants to fix their own countries.

Does the left have balls to implement the polices I recommended??
Trump 2020

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

pjhair wrote:
1 week ago
Does the left have balls to implement the polices I recommended??
No, those policies would be deemed... wait for it......... RACISSSSST!
Save me from destiny.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
1 week ago
No, those policies would be deemed... wait for it......... RACISSSSST!
I fail to see what's so racist about those policies. And I am at a point where I no longer care what left considers "racist". They see racism/bigotry behind everything. It appears they failed to learn their lesson from the story of a man who cried wolf too many times. Regardless, Europeans/Americans are not babysitters of the world. If they deem that immigration is not good for their countries and decide to restrict it, they have every right to do so. Europe/US is NOT worlds refugee camp.
Trump 2020

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

pjhair wrote:
1 week ago
Additionally, the blip can also be blamed on lunatic immigration policies advocated by the left.
To be clear, the "blip", or "mountain out of a molehill" we are discussing refers to the incidents like this one over the past few years.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... tisemitism

In the associated manifestos and letters, excerpts of which are then posted online in discussion forums, disseminated, and held up as inspiration in subsequent attacks, they also talk about lunatic immigration policies. So are you saying that you see the attacks as a direct response to the left, and if the policies change then we can expect the attacks to stop?

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
So are you saying that you see the attacks as a direct response to the left, and if the policies change then we can expect the attacks to stop?
It will probably not stop it completely because some people are simply sick in their heads but it will make a big difference. It will certainly drive down the numbers of people who subscribe to white supremacist ideology. Additionally, it will also narrow the overall divide between communities and make the social cohesion stronger.
Trump 2020

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

pjhair wrote:
1 week ago
It will probably not stop it completely because some people are simply sick in their heads but it will make a big difference. It will certainly drive down the numbers of people who subscribe to white supremacist ideology. Additionally, it will also narrow the overall divide between communities and make the social cohesion stronger.
I suppose where we differ is that I don't see attacks like the one above truly based on anything rational, at all. An angry and disturbed 19 year old who has access to submachine guns is blowing up inside and looking for an excuse to go nuts. I don't think he finds it in some sort of innate, growing hatred of the Indian or Muslim shops in his neighborhood. I think he finds it in online forums, looking at memes and reading texts that he wouldn't have had easy access to 20 years ago, but now they are in his face every day. A 16 year old boy goes to google to search for a forum about an unrelated topic (like hair loss), and an hour later he's seen 25 pictures of a Nazi and read 20 articles espousing white nationalism and anti-semitism. You and I have become accustomed to it, seeing it every day. The first time I saw it it was shocking. I'm not sure how I would have reacted at 15.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
I suppose where we differ is that I don't see attacks like the one above truly based on anything rational, at all.
That's precisely why I said in my previous post that some people are simply sick in their heads. I don't think a normal persons reaction after reading a few articles online and seeing Nazi memes should be to go kill a bunch of people. It's irrational, insane and sick.
yettee wrote:
1 week ago
I don't think he finds it in some sort of innate, growing hatred of the Indian or Muslim shops in his neighborhood. I think he finds it in online forums, looking at memes and reading texts that he wouldn't have had easy access to 20 years ago, but now they are in his face every day.
You have to remember that the memes and texts used by extremist groups use some legitimate problems, such as Sweden rape crisis, as an argument to legitimize their policies. Absent those concerns, their arguments would be unable to convince at least some subset of people. Yes, there are vulnerable individuals who are one step away from being a full blown Nazi who wouldn't be were it not for the real and legitimate problems created by some leftists policies.
Trump 2020

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

Lol, New York Times.

In other news that actually matter:

YouTube is already propping up the mainstream media in the search results and recommandations (no, I would rather be tortured to death than watch a Seth Meyers video), and soon it will ban anyone it doesn't want on its platform.

The end of an era is coming. The end of freedom on the internet. Soon you'll only see what they want you to see. Trump said "I like pancakes" which is dog whistle for "I hate people of color", there's a neonazi uprising coming, free speech is hate speech.

Away with Jordan Peterson, authentic political commentary, dissidence, youtubers trying to get us out of the meaning crisis. The resistance will move underground to websites like Bitchute, Minds, Gab, etc. until they come for them too, off to the internet providers: "Do you know you're hosting nazi content?!".

So in conclusion: lol, New York Times.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Admin wrote:
1 week ago
Lol, New York Times.
You should say "LOL, FBI", and "LOL, federal prosecutors and law enforcement officials", as that's who are quoted and discussed in the article. The molehill, as you call it, isn't seen as such by the FBI, not by a longshot. Of course you don't know that because you're only willing to consume news that confirms your bias.

The funny thing is that I agree with you that the NY Times IS biased to the left. In that very article you'd find that bias. I know it. But mixed with it you'll also find quotes and facts that you'll never find on Breitbart or any of your favorite bloggers' youtube channels. The way to know what's really going on isn't laugh at and ignore the media with a bias different than yours, it's to consume it and use your filter.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
The way to know what's really going on isn't laugh at and ignore the media with a bias different than yours, it's to consume it and use your filter.
I do this when reading article about the Middle East on Al Jazeera . I understand that there will be a certain anti Western bias but I'm also gleaning nuanced information about sectarian differences.
Save me from destiny.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
You should say "LOL, FBI", and "LOL, federal prosecutors and law enforcement officials", as that's who are quoted and discussed in the article. The molehill, as you call it, isn't seen as such by the FBI, not by a longshot. Of course you don't know that because you're only willing to consume news that confirms your bias.

The funny thing is that I agree with you that the NY Times IS biased to the left. In that very article you'd find that bias. I know it. But mixed with it you'll also find quotes and facts that you'll never find on Breitbart or any of your favorite bloggers' youtube channels. The way to know what's really going on isn't laugh at and ignore the media with a bias different than yours, it's to consume it and use your filter.
I already said that I don't care about the source of those facts because to me and to most people, even if it's only subconscious, those facts do not matter. It doesn't glow for them, the mainstream media is just fundamentally uninteresting. Everything is viewed through a political lens, all they see is news that affect what they think is reality: changes in the market, us (benevolent left) versus them (evil right) and other very superficial matters.

On the other hand, you want to take away my youtubers (Jonathan Pageau, John Vervaeke, Jordan Peterson, etc.) who work outside this system and show us what actually matters? Then I start paying attention. And of course the mainstream media and corporations are so stuck in their worldview that they will insist that everything is political. You can believe that if you want but do not come after people who don't subscribe to your worldview and just want to be left alone.

Because that's the main problem with the mainstream (far) left, it seems you just cannot escape them, they simply refuse to leave you alone like the good narcissists that they are. So they work together with YouTube and Google to make sure that their deeply uninteresting content is pushed down your throat.

Even if I try to sanitize my news feeds, which I can't because I now have to follow them for my job, they are still there, they will still pop up to grab, hell to steal my attention with their soulless worldview. It's even worse in Belgium since we actually have no right-wing media at all, unlike France that has Le Figaro and the US that has Fox News. I'm stuck, and I'm left to reprocess (and filter I guess) their garbage so that I can translate it into something that is meaningful.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Admin wrote:
1 week ago
Even if I try to sanitize my news feeds, which I can't because I now have to follow them for my job
You know, I'm going to break with the cyclical politics debate for a moment and say, sorry about that. It sucks to have to do something you don't want to do for a job. Even though they do pay us... it still sucks. I hear that. :x

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 6 days ago

What are dems afraid of? Joke of an impeachment.

Trump 2020