Three FUE hair transplants - 5124 grafts - NW6 - Rudi De Reys

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Guest-3 » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
1 year and 1 month update after second FUE (2024 grafts on front and mid-scalp):

2nd-FUE-1year-update.jpg

Third FUE - 1100 grafts on the crown area in February 2019

Crown before:

FUE-crown-before.JPG

Crown post-op:

FUE-crown-1100-grafts.JPG
In the first pic, your hair seems to be almost completely restored. Excellent improvement from where you started. Great style as well. Gives hope to a lot of people.
Trump 2020

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Nothing

Post by justin » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
There's much more coming, trust me, especially if you're not using minoxidil, the regrowth will tend to be slower. So yeah, for me, the was still significant improvement between months 6 and 10, after that it slows down quite a bit but you still get some thickening and also an improvement of the texture of your hair, which might have grown more wiry and curly because of the scars caused by the surgery.
Thanks man. I am more hopeful and excited now. I need more density on the hair line area and then I'll be completely satisfied. Meanwhile simply growing out my hair longer seems to have carried me a long way. Hair transplants are constructed to require some sort of length in general I think. My crown also looks fuller when the barber remembers not to trim it too much.

By the way my sides are kinda thin and uneven, I realized the extent of this when my sister took candid pics of me a couple days ago. The next day I rushed to the barbershop to get my sides buzzed in a near bald fade:

Sort of like this, but obviously the male pattern baldness victim version. Anyway I instantly felt that I look healthier and more youthful, it also goes better with the beard.

I wish I could pull off the Don Draper. Such a classy, elegant look:

.. but oh well, can't have it all I guess. At least I'm not slick bald. :D

Added in 21 minutes 8 seconds:
I also realized that the hairs that have become softer are those from my first transplant, that have fully matured and received my natural texture. So now in the next few months I'm gonna have a mix of soft and coarse hairs. xD
Even when I’m lying on my back I’m never backing down.

DerPapillus
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Post by DerPapillus » 1 year ago

Hey man, just wanted to congratulate on results after the 2nd procedure. The ''gym pic'' looks amazing as a poster before already stated. I'm sure you will be thrilled with the improvement yet to come concerning the crown.

I've also had a hair transplant a couple months ago, which was my first, and I want your opinion on the usage of minoxidil after a hair transplant. Do you think it's worth starting minoxidil 20 days after transplant, even if you only plan to stick to it for some months? Would you recommend it as a one time periodic treatment after a hair transplant? Solution or foam?

Again, congrats on your journey!

PS. Will be posting my results on here when there is enough growth...

Cheers
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

DerPapillus wrote:
1 year ago
Hey man, just wanted to congratulate on results after the 2nd procedure. The ''gym pic'' looks amazing as a poster before already stated. I'm sure you will be thrilled with the improvement yet to come concerning the crown.

I've also had a hair transplant a couple months ago, which was my first, and I want your opinion on the usage of minoxidil after a hair transplant. Do you think it's worth starting minoxidil 20 days after transplant, even if you only plan to stick to it for some months? Would you recommend it as a one time periodic treatment after a hair transplant? Solution or foam?

Again, congrats on your journey!

PS. Will be posting my results on here when there is enough growth...

Cheers
Thank you! And congrats on your first procedure!

After my hair transplants, I always started minoxidil as soon as I've removed the scabs so 10 days after the procedure.

It will not do any harm and slightly speed up your growth. I've always used the solution on my head, and I'm almost a year into using the foam on my face to thicken my beard.

I look forward to seeing your results :).
:christian-cross:

tomcat
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dermaroller

Post by tomcat » 1 year ago

Nice results. Fred you're a fucking hero in my opinion you suffered a lot and still managed to not fall apart. Out of curiosity I remember back then when you just started the gym you said there was a guy with curly hair that lost 40 % of his hair and he told you cue ball, do you still see him ?? How's his hair ? What was his reaction when he saw you after your second surgery.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

tomcat wrote:
1 year ago
Nice results. Fred you're a fucking hero in my opinion you suffered a lot and still managed to not fall apart. Out of curiosity I remember back then when you just started the gym you said there was a guy with curly hair that lost 40 % of his hair and he told you cue ball, do you still see him ?? How's his hair ? What was his reaction when he saw you after your second surgery.
Ah yeah, that wasn't quite what happened but I know which story you're referring to, it was actually two colleagues of mine, one of them (a woman) balding who called me 'Mr. Clean'.

The other one has a full head of hair. The female never reacted to my surgery and the other guy made a few remarks like "why can't you just accept yourself as a bald guy?!" but other than that, he's a cool guy and we've remained friends.

As I had said they both apologized within a couple of days. My hair transplants are now common knowledge among my coworkers and almost all of them have been nothing but understanding and supportive.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Admin » 11 months ago

Crown - 6 month update:
FUE-1100-grafts-De-Reys-6-months.jpg
FUE-1100-grafts-De-Reys-6-months.jpg (313.89 KiB) Viewed 1935 times

Before picture for reference:

Typical hair transplant timeline to give an idea of where I am in the regrowth process:

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 11 months ago

Admin wrote:
11 months ago

Crown - 6 month update:

Before picture for reference:

Typical hair transplant timeline to give an idea of where I am in the regrowth process:

1100 grafts is minuscule for that area, already looks like a reasonable improvement for 6 months, I suspect 90% of the grafts already growing. It’s a much better look than bare scalp, even if it’s thin.

Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Guest-3 » 5 months ago

Admin wrote:
11 months ago

Crown - 6 month update:

Your six month update showed good growth. Did you notice more thickening up after that?
Trump 2020

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Admin » 5 months ago

pjhair wrote:
5 months ago
Your six month update showed good growth. Did you notice more thickening up after that?
Yes it's a bit more covered, I'll try to post a 1 year picture (and 2 and nearly 6 years for the other hair transplants) if I can get my wife or my dad to take one in February :).

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: White women

Post by Xexos » 1 week ago

@Admin you have a nice hair line now which most people can't even tell you're balding unless they're taller than you so that they can see the crown thinning, which is unlikely.

Anyways, since you have a hair line intact now, have you considered going for beard and body hair grafts to make the crown appear more healthier and fuller? I know it's not really required at this point, but it will be a nice add on and will probably make you feel slightly better as well.
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

Xexos wrote:
1 week ago
Anyways, since you have a hair line intact now, have you considered going for beard and body hair grafts to make the crown appear more healthier and fuller? I know it's not really required at this point, but it will be a nice add on and will probably make you feel slightly better as well.
I was considering fringe procedures like beard grafts and temporary SMP at a point, but in the end, I'm just not motivated enough to pursue them. The improvement would either be marginal or problematic in some settings: the texture of beard grafts is too frizzy compared to scalp hair and SMP would produce zero effect under harsh lightning conditions. They're also both quite expensive for what they do.

I'm mostly satisfied with the way I look even though the honeymoon phase ended a long time ago, you always end up wanting more, you always wish it was fuller. But none of the currently available solutions would provide the kind of boost (except Toppik of course :p) I'm looking for. So I'll patiently wait for new treatments, which is now much easier than if I was stuck in NW6 limbo.