Stockpiling hair loss treatments because of the coronavirus?

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

Has anyone got their supplies of minoxidil and finasteride? I'm most worried about Kane shop for my RU58841, that's all I care about.

If this virus mutates and everyone starts fucking dying, and somehow I'm the only one left in my known surroundings as I emerge from my bunker in a decade, looking at this scorched landscape, I'll still only have to think back on Coronachan 2019 as the curse that finally depleted my island fringe.
Look, fat...

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
Has anyone got their supplies of minoxidil and finasteride? I'm most worried about Kane shop for my RU58841, that's all I care about.

If this virus mutates and everyone starts fucking dying, and somehow I'm the only one left in my known surroundings as I emerge from my bunker in a decade, looking at this scorched landscape, I'll still only have to think back on Coronachan 2019 as the curse that finally depleted my island fringe.
I got my doc to call in a larger script than usual of dutasteride. Also dropping to EOD or maybe even just 3x a week for now just in case to draw out the supply (dutasteride's long half life should make this ok I'm assuming :straight-smile: )

I think my minoxidil supply should be fine for a bit, gonna stick to 1x a day and try to also lower the dosage some as I'm in the habit of using way more than I likely need

If this situation lasts more than about 6 months I'm not sure if aesthetics are gonna matter anymore pepe-sweating

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

kj6723 wrote:
2 weeks ago
If this situation lasts more than about 6 months I'm not sure if aesthetics are gonna matter anymore pepe-sweating
I know what you mean, women are catching it more so that means there will be less of them and the dating market will be even more tilted and fucked. Only the top 0.01% of males will be able to fuck plain fat girls.

That's what you mean right?
Look, fat...

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
I know what you mean, women are catching it more so that means there will be less of them and the dating market will be even more tilted and fucked. Only the top 0.01% of males will be able to fuck plain fat girls.

That's what you mean right?
xD

Was speaking more to the idea that people will be fighting to the death over what's left of canned food

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

kj6723 wrote:
2 weeks ago
xD

Was speaking more to the idea that people will be fighting to the death over what's left of canned food
I guess that's an issue as well sorta
Look, fat...

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 2 weeks ago

kj6723 wrote:
2 weeks ago
I got my doc to call in a larger script than usual of dutasteride. Also dropping to EOD or maybe even just 3x a week for now just in case to draw out the supply (dutasteride's long half life should make this ok I'm assuming :straight-smile: )

I think my minoxidil supply should be fine for a bit, gonna stick to 1x a day and try to also lower the dosage some as I'm in the habit of using way more than I likely need

oh fuck im running low on dutasteride and the pharmacy is closed. I'm not sure if the boomers are stockpiling on prostate drugs and shortening the supply.

I've got around maybe 12 pills of dutasteride left. I've also got some finasteride 1mg pills, and might start taking those between the days i dose dutasteride.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

koolaidshade wrote:
2 weeks ago
oh fuck im running low on dutasteride and the pharmacy is closed. I'm not sure if the boomers are stockpiling on prostate drugs and shortening the supply.

I've got around maybe 12 pills of dutasteride left. I've also got some finasteride 1mg pills, and might start taking those between the days i dose dutasteride.
I'd advise to skips days, had to do it when low on holidays once. Take dutasteride every 2nd day, then maybe finasteride, skip another day and dutasteride, spread it out.

Of course it should be easy to get online, I've never got from a pharmacy myself.
Look, fat...

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'd advise to skips days, had to do it when low on holidays once. Take dutasteride every 2nd day, then maybe finasteride, skip another day and dutasteride, spread it out.

Of course it should be easy to get online, I've never got from a pharmacy myself.
with insurance, both dutasteride/finasteride are pretty cheap, but i can get a 30 day supply. i think last fall they gave me a 90 day supply due to something with my insurance

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago

Are you still going to the gym at the moment with the virus about the place? The cases here are still tiny but it seems like the best/worst place for it to spread

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

koolaidshade wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'm not sure if the boomers are stockpiling on prostate drugs and shortening the supply.
Lay off the boomers. They were the greatest generation and we enjoy unprecedented freedoms because of them.
From Australia: we're all in this together.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

JLBB wrote:
2 weeks ago
Are you still going to the gym at the moment with the virus about the place? The cases here are still tiny but it seems like the best/worst place for it to spread
No I did stupidly go on Saturday, really wasn't sure all day whether to drive up there and even on the journey was thinking "this is a bad idea..." and was already telling myself this is the last gym visit. Then the eery atmosphere in the gym confirmed this.

The car park was fairly full (but not for a Saturday) as my gym is also a large complex for different teams to train or indoor football etc, as well as classes (yes spin classes etc were still going on which I found bizarre). Inside the gym itself with is still a pretty big gym, there was about a quarter or less of the normal amount of people there for a Saturday, about 20-30 people on the floor, and the gym staff is probably about 15 people in total generally, on a normal day they'll have 3-4 of them visibly working on the floor or present somewhere, however every single one of them were there. About 8 actually working, and the other several were all in their normal gym clothes working out, which is bizarre, of course they do use the gym but to have all of them working out at the same time I've never seen, maybe 2 or 3 at the most. So to have literally all of their staff around and half of them on the gym floor working out, it's like they wanted it to look busy, I can't think of anything else.

Coronachan giving me paranoia.

Apart from that, everyone of course was spraying machines before and after use, the treadmills/cardio machines all had red tape on every 2nd machine to give a 1 metre distance between people working out, it was generally just a tad bit unsettling. But it was stupid to go.

They official closed it now for 2 weeks, and froze our contracts. Although it's a big complex, that gym has been struggling for years because of past debts going back years, so even 2 weeks of no memberships when they're trying to make ends meet already could be crippling. Of course I'd say it's highly likely to be much longer than that, and I hope it is, they better not re-open if the daily increase stat flattens out a bit. Economically this is going to fuck with so many industries, it will affect everyone for sure, and the new Global Recession I believe has already started.

But when it comes to a gym, luckily I have enough gym equipment to be able to do 90% of my workouts at home or at least have a viable alternative. A major issue is that I don't have a rack, so not squats, no bench press (I will only use spotter bars when benching alone), can't properly use as much weight as possible for overhead press, and deadlift I can do with my EZ bar and bands, so that's just about OK. The other compound exercises I will lose strength on, however muscle gain shouldn't be affected that much.
Look, fat...

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
No I did stupidly go on Saturday, really wasn't sure all day whether to drive up there and even on the journey was thinking "this is a bad idea..." and was already telling myself this is the last gym visit. Then the eery atmosphere in the gym confirmed this.

The car park was fairly full (but not for a Saturday) as my gym is also a large complex for different teams to train or indoor football etc, as well as classes (yes spin classes etc were still going on which I found bizarre). Inside the gym itself with is still a pretty big gym, there was about a quarter or less of the normal amount of people there for a Saturday, about 20-30 people on the floor, and the gym staff is probably about 15 people in total generally, on a normal day they'll have 3-4 of them visibly working on the floor or present somewhere, however every single one of them were there. About 8 actually working, and the other several were all in their normal gym clothes working out, which is bizarre, of course they do use the gym but to have all of them working out at the same time I've never seen, maybe 2 or 3 at the most. So to have literally all of their staff around and half of them on the gym floor working out, it's like they wanted it to look busy, I can't think of anything else.

Coronachan giving me paranoia.

Apart from that, everyone of course was spraying machines before and after use, the treadmills/cardio machines all had red tape on every 2nd machine to give a 1 metre distance between people working out, it was generally just a tad bit unsettling. But it was stupid to go.

They official closed it now for 2 weeks, and froze our contracts. Although it's a big complex, that gym has been struggling for years because of past debts going back years, so even 2 weeks of no memberships when they're trying to make ends meet already could be crippling. Of course I'd say it's highly likely to be much longer than that, and I hope it is, they better not re-open if the daily increase stat flattens out a bit. Economically this is going to fuck with so many industries, it will affect everyone for sure, and the new Global Recession I believe has already started.

But when it comes to a gym, luckily I have enough gym equipment to be able to do 90% of my workouts at home or at least have a viable alternative. A major issue is that I don't have a rack, so not squats, no bench press (I will only use spotter bars when benching alone), can't properly use as much weight as possible for overhead press, and deadlift I can do with my EZ bar and bands, so that's just about OK. The other compound exercises I will lose strength on, however muscle gain shouldn't be affected that much.
Yea I’m basically just gonna be running, jumproping, and doing body weight stuff for now. If this goes on for a while I expect to lose mass for sure

But a cardio heavy routine is probably better for apocalypse prep anyway I think :straight-smile:

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 2 weeks ago

JLBB wrote:
2 weeks ago
I actually thought about that when i heard some countries are closing gyms: this will really screw up bodbuilders on steroid cycles and powerlifters. The psychological affect on the bodybuilders would be critical.

Most weight-lifters would be fine with bodyweight exercise and a couple of dumbells (you could keep most of your mass for a while like that).

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

Running is my favorite form of exercise and in this current climate, probably the safest.
From Australia: we're all in this together.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
Running is my favorite form of exercise and in this current climate, probably the safest.
It’s bad for your ankles