Hair loss caused by Vitamin B5

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
arliekn
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: nothing

Post by arliekn » 3 months ago

Not sure if this is the right section but I'm facing hair loss from Vitamin B5 it has been around 1 and a half months after I stopped B5 intake from 2g to 20mg from another supplement and the only supplement I take now is omega 3. Has anyone found a cure to it? My hair has become so dry and brittle and it's still shedding till now.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 3 months ago

Hello and welcome! :)

People online have reported success reversing the effects of vitamin B5 (mainly skin dryness which leads to hair loss) with a molecule that antagonizes it: biotin.

I would take the recommend dosage and see what happens. Biotin can cause oily skin and acne breakouts so you can see why it would counter the side-effects of biotin, so be careful not to go overboard with it.

Good luck!
:christian-cross:

arliekn
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: nothing

Post by arliekn » 3 months ago

Admin wrote:
3 months ago
Hello and welcome! :)

People online have reported success reversing the effects of vitamin B5 (mainly skin dryness which leads to hair loss) with a molecule that antagonizes it: biotin.

I would take the recommend dosage and see what happens. Biotin can cause oily skin and acne breakouts so you can see why it would counter the side-effects of biotin, so be careful not to go overboard with it.

Good luck!

I don't think I can take any biotin supplements since it would probably cause me to breakout bad. I'm playing with the idea of only eating the yolks from eggs as the whites have an ingredient which counteracts the biotin properties in the egg. I'll see where this goes. Also, not everyone had success with biotin to cure it or even barely.