Mastic chewing gum - believe the hype

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 4 months ago

Credit to @Xexos for mentioning mastic chewing gum to me quite a long time ago (at least a year), and I bought it and never used it for a while.

I haven't even been consistent with my mastic chewing but in probably less than 6 months it's already making a considerable difference to my jawline and overall face shape.

I've been asked a lot if I've lost weight (especially this evening with people I haven't seen in a while), and I've actually gained a little weight instead, though it has been mainly muscle, but even then I haven't been consistently working out enough to really see a noticeable result in the face. I know because from past experience I need to lose at least 10 pounds body fat minimum before my face is slimmer, but in this case I haven't lost much body fat and gained 3-4 pounds of muscle.

I am certain it's down to mastic chewing, I can see and definitely feel where the muscle is growing from the base of my jaw (where it feels like there's a ball joint connecting the side of the jaw to the main lower half, of course there isn't one but that's how it feels) and it's just getting more tense as each week it moves millimeters further along the base of my jaw.

I was just hoping for a better jaw line, mine was just OK from side profile, and actually that's not the part that's considerably changed as yet (there is still a difference though) it's for some reason how the cheek skin connecting from my jaw up to my cheekbones, is considerably more hollowed out.

Before I'd have to get really slim for defined cheekbones, now I'm the still basically the same weight and getting closer to this:
220px-Fabian_Schär_(cropped).jpg
220px-Fabian_Schär_(cropped).jpg (19.63 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
@Arjen

In certain lighting it already looks like that, of course with this encouraging result so far I'm going to ensure I do it the minimum 2-3 times a week. Until now sometimes I'd go a week or longer completely forgetting about it, so it's pretty crazy that I've been lazy with it and yet it's still working very well in a short space of time.

Here's a good example of where I'm getting towards, a guy who's done the same:

His jaw has improved considerably whereas mine is only starting to change, but our hollowed out cheeks are similar.

So how to do it?

You can buy mastic gum online, it comes as like little pebbles ("tears") or as sort of small rocks (I prefer the rocks but seems they always come as pebbles, though once you chew them for 30 seconds it's all the same I suppose) and unlike standard chewing gum it's a lot more durable, and a bit more difficult to chew. Be careful you aren't getting normal chewing gum which has the mastic properties, it has to be like the crystals:
41Nih1giCBL._AC_SY400_ (1).jpg
41Nih1giCBL._AC_SY400_ (1).jpg (23.72 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
Avoid this common Greek brand called "EAMA" or "ELMA" (might be Greek letters in there but that's what the branding looks like) they aren't strong enough to chew and break up quickly.

So as I say, at least 2-3 times a week, and I've read it's supposed to be an hour, but I doubt it matters, 20 or 30mins you'll feel your jaws getting a workout pretty quickly. You may experience some discomfort for the first few months maybe (I'm pretty sure I did at times) so it is a bit of a chore then, but for me now I could chew away for over an hour and not really think about it. It's literally just a matter of remembering to take it, as I've never been much of a gum chewer.

Also I try to keep the gum at the very back teeth as I feel it gets the most tension going there. That can feel a little bit difficult at first like it gets your jaw stuck a little (as we normally chew with more the middle part of our row of teeth), but again over time I do it naturally now without thinking about it.

The last thing I'd mention is be sure to keep a good balance on both sides, I'm about 90% sure I wasn't imagining this, but I naturally chew with my right side and I could feel and see a slight imbalance after a few months. My left was still getting worked, but most of the pressure was going on the right, which may explain this:
images (13).jpeg
images (13).jpeg (7.18 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
If it was the same guy I remember seeing another pic of him where it was clear one side was larger than the other. To me this almost actually overkill, his mouth looks odd, but then look at the before picture, it's definitely an improvement. When I first saw this guy I really doubted this worked, his nose and everything looks much sharper, so I had assumed he got plastic surgery and someone trolled the internet with mastic chewing claims, but I'm telling you, it definitely seems to be real.

For those of you with terribly recessed or pronounced jaws? There's a lot of pics claiming huge changes in the shape of the jaw and side profile from guys with really bad jaws, but they are such dramatic differences I'm a bit skeptical it isn't surgery.

However the hollowed out cheeks should be an improvement for anyone, we might not all have high pointy cheekbones but we do all have them, and the skin tightening from mastic chewing will bring them out considerably.

Apart from that mastic gum is meant to have lots of health benefits, and I'll just post a link to those as I clearly don't give a shit about health as long as I die with a strong jawline:

https://www.healthline.com/health/mastic-gum#h-pylori

Also I'm not sure if it actually makes a difference to the appearance of teeth but after chewing my teeth do feel clean as fuck too.

Soon I will start my neck training as well, which also only takes 6 months to see considerable changes, I'll probably write more about that in the weightlifting thread but if mastic gum and neck training go according to plan for anyone- that's going to make a decent difference to your aesthetics.

Also if you don't naturally "mew" (I think most people do?) then Google that as well.
Look, fat...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 4 months ago

Good teeth, good hair, good jawline, good physique, where does it all end, Rudi?

I'm happy with my 280 pound body as is.
endless sexless.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 4 months ago

you have to be careful with this as you can also hypertrophy the temporalis (sp?) muscle, making your head look like a lightbulb.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

blackg wrote:
4 months ago
Good teeth, good hair, good jawline, good physique, where does it all end, Rudi?

I'm happy with my 280 pound body as is.
look, fat...
Look, fat...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rudiger wrote:
4 months ago
look, fat...
I'm still confused.

Added in 6 hours 21 minutes 41 seconds:
koolaidshade wrote:
4 months ago
you have to be careful with this as you can also hypertrophy the temporalis (sp?) muscle, making your head look like a lightbulb.
I think you're trolling.
endless sexless.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

blackg wrote:
4 months ago
I'm still confused.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/joe-bid ... r-fat.html

"Look, fat" is probably my favorite Biden moment and even maybe my favorite moment of any Democrat politician (Warren has some crackers too, AOC as well of course).

It just sums up the whole absurdity of that exchange, as Biden paces up and down the space, talking like a cowboy ready to draw his pistol, this exaggerating of his own accent "yer a gawwwd damn liurr" the fact that he's rousing up this particular crowd around around him, gives him this naive delusional belief that he's coming across really well to the entire nation, as this is caught on camera (and as the link above shows, even CNBC couldn't try and paint this in a favorable way). He really is fickle like that, people around him cheer, he actually thinks everything he's saying is gold and he can't do anything wrong, completely oblivious to how it comes across for everyone else. And that's not even a senile age thing, that's a Joe Biden thing, he's exhibited it many times in the last decade or longer (unless he's been somewhat senile for that amount of time, which if that's the case then it's actually kinda impressive he's somewhat holding up).

He actually does have the crowd behind him by the way, but they're clearly in awe of the former VP to black Jesus, clapping anything as they are clearly crowd of idiots, they even clap Biden saying "of course you won't vote for me, you're too old!" despite most of them being in that 60+ age bracket. That was another great aspect of this exchange, late 70s senile Biden being ageist against his own concrete certainty of a demographic, and at least if it was a clever quip then he'd have sacrificed risk of popularity for something, but just "you're too old!" Uh what? Is Biden implying that only the hip young cool kids are down with voting for Biden? It's just really confusing.

But anyway it's all perfectly summed up with "look, fat", he feels he's really dukeing it out and coming across as the bad ass, he's challenged him to a foot race and a push up contest (not joking) and the crowd actually cheered this on, he has them in the palm of his hands, what's gonna be the killer blow to this pudgy little man? Set him straight, tell him "look" because you're taking control and will finish him, and then call him "fat" as a noun. He can't recover.

Unfortunately the crowd didn't even notice, he probably expected another cheap pop response but nothing, and he was practically disgraced for a week even from Liberal news sources, tried to walk it back by claiming he said "look, fact" (actually I think his "people" claimed that, to give him some credit he probably wouldn't go back on it, proud that he called the guy fat, as a noun).

So anyway, look, fat...
Look, fat...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ahhh.. Okay thanks.
endless sexless.

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: White women

Post by Xexos » 1 week ago

Rudiger wrote:
4 months ago
Credit to @Xexos for mentioning mastic chewing gum to me quite a long time ago (at least a year), and I bought it and never used it for a while.

I haven't even been consistent with my mastic chewing but in probably less than 6 months it's already making a considerable difference to my jawline and overall face shape.

I've been asked a lot if I've lost weight (especially this evening with people I haven't seen in a while), and I've actually gained a little weight instead, though it has been mainly muscle, but even then I haven't been consistently working out enough to really see a noticeable result in the face. I know because from past experience I need to lose at least 10 pounds body fat minimum before my face is slimmer, but in this case I haven't lost much body fat and gained 3-4 pounds of muscle.

I am certain it's down to mastic chewing, I can see and definitely feel where the muscle is growing from the base of my jaw (where it feels like there's a ball joint connecting the side of the jaw to the main lower half, of course there isn't one but that's how it feels) and it's just getting more tense as each week it moves millimeters further along the base of my jaw.

I was just hoping for a better jaw line, mine was just OK from side profile, and actually that's not the part that's considerably changed as yet (there is still a difference though) it's for some reason how the cheek skin connecting from my jaw up to my cheekbones, is considerably more hollowed out.

Before I'd have to get really slim for defined cheekbones, now I'm the still basically the same weight and getting closer to this:

220px-Fabian_Schär_(cropped).jpg
@Arjen

In certain lighting it already looks like that, of course with this encouraging result so far I'm going to ensure I do it the minimum 2-3 times a week. Until now sometimes I'd go a week or longer completely forgetting about it, so it's pretty crazy that I've been lazy with it and yet it's still working very well in a short space of time.

Here's a good example of where I'm getting towards, a guy who's done the same:

His jaw has improved considerably whereas mine is only starting to change, but our hollowed out cheeks are similar.

So how to do it?

You can buy mastic gum online, it comes as like little pebbles ("tears") or as sort of small rocks (I prefer the rocks but seems they always come as pebbles, though once you chew them for 30 seconds it's all the same I suppose) and unlike standard chewing gum it's a lot more durable, and a bit more difficult to chew. Be careful you aren't getting normal chewing gum which has the mastic properties, it has to be like the crystals:

41Nih1giCBL._AC_SY400_ (1).jpg

Avoid this common Greek brand called "EAMA" or "ELMA" (might be Greek letters in there but that's what the branding looks like) they aren't strong enough to chew and break up quickly.

So as I say, at least 2-3 times a week, and I've read it's supposed to be an hour, but I doubt it matters, 20 or 30mins you'll feel your jaws getting a workout pretty quickly. You may experience some discomfort for the first few months maybe (I'm pretty sure I did at times) so it is a bit of a chore then, but for me now I could chew away for over an hour and not really think about it. It's literally just a matter of remembering to take it, as I've never been much of a gum chewer.

Also I try to keep the gum at the very back teeth as I feel it gets the most tension going there. That can feel a little bit difficult at first like it gets your jaw stuck a little (as we normally chew with more the middle part of our row of teeth), but again over time I do it naturally now without thinking about it.

The last thing I'd mention is be sure to keep a good balance on both sides, I'm about 90% sure I wasn't imagining this, but I naturally chew with my right side and I could feel and see a slight imbalance after a few months. My left was still getting worked, but most of the pressure was going on the right, which may explain this:

images (13).jpeg

If it was the same guy I remember seeing another pic of him where it was clear one side was larger than the other. To me this almost actually overkill, his mouth looks odd, but then look at the before picture, it's definitely an improvement. When I first saw this guy I really doubted this worked, his nose and everything looks much sharper, so I had assumed he got plastic surgery and someone trolled the internet with mastic chewing claims, but I'm telling you, it definitely seems to be real.

For those of you with terribly recessed or pronounced jaws? There's a lot of pics claiming huge changes in the shape of the jaw and side profile from guys with really bad jaws, but they are such dramatic differences I'm a bit skeptical it isn't surgery.

However the hollowed out cheeks should be an improvement for anyone, we might not all have high pointy cheekbones but we do all have them, and the skin tightening from mastic chewing will bring them out considerably.

Apart from that mastic gum is meant to have lots of health benefits, and I'll just post a link to those as I clearly don't give a shit about health as long as I die with a strong jawline:

https://www.healthline.com/health/mastic-gum#h-pylori

Also I'm not sure if it actually makes a difference to the appearance of teeth but after chewing my teeth do feel clean as fuck too.

Soon I will start my neck training as well, which also only takes 6 months to see considerable changes, I'll probably write more about that in the weightlifting thread but if mastic gum and neck training go according to plan for anyone- that's going to make a decent difference to your aesthetics.

Also if you don't naturally "mew" (I think most people do?) then Google that as well.
I'm glad it worked for you Rudiger, it worked for me as well during the short period of time when i was using it extensively and my jaw was extremely good (i can PM pictures for anyone curious). I've stopped for a while now and lost the gains, but i'm planning on starting again soon.
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

Positive steps from both of you. I seriously hope Rudiger is doing okay during his banned period and also possible isolation because of covid.
endless sexless.