Time for Lebron James to shave?

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

I don't watch basketball but I do watch Joe Rogan and this just showed up in my feed:

It just looks like he has gone crazy on the hair fibres.

He's famously had 2 hair transplants; and both of them showed seemingly good improvements but I guess he has since lost ground since the last one. I believe the same has happened to Rooney (although with hair fibres he looks okay). It does bring home the fact that these people are multi millionaires and there is still no easy fix for them.

Personally, I agree with Rogan. Clearly he tried the transplant and for whatever reason its not working for him. Shave it and consider SMP and move on.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 month ago

I really don't like Joe Rogan's arrogance here, to think it's for him to give that advice so fiercely. What gives him the authority to tell him to do that with such confidence? And then of course he will lists all his accomplishments, his wealth, his fame, his body, as if it compensates for that fact that he's losing his very identity, the way he wants to appear in this world.

The guys he's talking with is merciless as well, and unsurprisingly a fullhead. In this conversation, one guy has given up altogether, so he thinks everybody else should give up, and the other is completely outside the world of hair loss, he cannot even begin to comprehend the distress we have to go through, yet he too thinks he's qualified to give this bland "just shave your head" advice.

Yes, Lebron was using hair fibers, which don't lend themselves pretty well to televised top-level sports where people are sweating like pigs under bright lights and on camera. But the fact that he's willing to go that far tells you everything you need to know about the depth of his suffering. No he couldn't shave his head and be done with it that easily.

Some people just don't want to appear bald and smug resigned bald guys like Joe Rogan as well as fullheads have to accept this reality, and get to this seemingly simple realization that other people are not them.

We don't know if Lebron had two hair transplants, it's just hearsay, he might have had zero and still be putting fibers on a bald scalp, which is what it actually looks like on that picture. To me, he looks like he didn't even try the FUE road, and as a black guy, he's also the perfect candidate for SMP, a combination of the two by state-of-the-art practitioners would do absolute wonders for him. But for some reason, he's not willing to go there. God knows why. There are plenty of easily fixable NW3-4 celebrities (Jude Law comes to mind) who just choose to do nothing, while it's been reported that their advanced balding made them depressed and anxious.

So, I disagree with Joe Rogan and John Fullhead here. Lebron James should educate himself more about hair transplants, SMP, medication and implement a strategy to get the best of them, instead of drowning his bare scalp in Toppik on national television.
"But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!” - Mark 1:25 :christian-cross:

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Why should it bother any one what Lebron's hair looks like? If it's working for LeBron, well that's all there is to it.
Sure it may look a bit dodgy but there are far worse looking things out there then Lebron's hair.

Let's give him a break.
From Australia: we're all in this together.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

I think at different points of my "hair journey" a lot of people were probably thinking (and even indirectly telling me, while pretending to talk about someone else or a celebrity) "why don't you just fucking give up and shave it already?!" or "can't hide for much longer, the decision will need to be made soon..."

But I always responded well to going on new treatments, minoxidil regrew considerable hair when I thought I was fucked (age 22/23) then finasteride did the same, dutasteride, as well as plenty of in between treatments which more gave a boost but miniature hairs, not long term etc (cortisone, derma rolling, biotin even made a difference) and now at 33 finally RU58841 has recently done a better job than anything and continues to do so, hair line and density both considerably improved.

It's not quite a "success story" as a norwood spotter would see the thinning, but it's so much more passable and with normal lighting (basically anything other than quite/very harsh) in photos it's nearly full head, or NW2 with decent density.

What this all means is that not only has it given me some extra years to feel my age or younger (and having hair has motivated me to push for looking younger in others ways which is also going well) and that I've bought some time to get a hair transplant, and especially now I've set myself up for what's probably a much less daunting hair transplant (I would say less expensive, but let's not forget I've had a decade of treatments to keep this hair, so let's settle on the fact that I would need considerably less grafts than even 3-4 years ago, and definitely compared to when I was younger than that). Now pretty much my fringe (the island fringe I've already written about down the years) is the main focal point, crown is OK and running up to that is quite inconsistent in thickness, but not requiring the work at all that a hair transplant would have required for me several years ago.

Not to mention, a hair transplant when your hair is particularly bad will of course require at least one further hair transplant, usually 2.

And if I had listened to someone like Joe Rogan? My quality of life would be nothing like it is. I don't know how Lebron feels about his hair, and I doubt mine was as bad as his looks in some of his worst pics I just googled, but he might feel he has his right to hold on with treatments, and of course hair transplants, and fuck what Joe Rogan with his failed 2 hair transplants thinks.

I love Rogan generally but he clearly does it to drag others down, and feel like he "owns it" himself, even people who are seemingly reasonable most of the time like Rogan, hair loss can turn them in to different beings. Whenever baldness comes up on his podcast, he's always so unbelievably transparent with his motives and insecurity.
Look, fat...

Char
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nothing.

Post by Char » 1 month ago

Admin wrote:
1 month ago
And then of course he will lists all his accomplishments, his wealth, his fame, his body, as if it compensates for that fact that he's losing his very identity, the way he wants to appear in this world.
You are 100% correct. The loss of identity is unbearable. I wanted to reform my identity after I graduated from high school. I wanted to change my hairstyle just before my baldness started and then it hit me like a brick in the face. I can deal with my thyroid disease, I can deal with my mental illness, but baldness I cannot deal with no matter what I try. I just cannot accept no longer being myself. The fact that I was considered really good looking prior to my balding days only hurts me more. Sometimes I wish I was born ugly, so I wouldn't have to experience this pain. In my high school years I went from being called best-looking guy in class to being called a fucking grandpa. They even mocked me and called me a chimney sweep during the graduation ceremony.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
I think at different points of my "hair journey" a lot of people were probably thinking (and even indirectly telling me, while pretending to talk about someone else or a celebrity) "why don't you just fucking give up and shave it already?!" or "can't hide for much longer, the decision will need to be made soon..."

But I always responded well to going on new treatments, minoxidil regrew considerable hair when I thought I was fucked (age 22/23) then finasteride did the same, dutasteride, as well as plenty of in between treatments which more gave a boost but miniature hairs, not long term etc (cortisone, derma rolling, biotin even made a difference) and now at 33 finally RU58841 has recently done a better job than anything and continues to do so, hair line and density both considerably improved.

It's not quite a "success story" as a norwood spotter would see the thinning, but it's so much more passable and with normal lighting (basically anything other than quite/very harsh) in photos it's nearly full head, or NW2 with decent density.

What this all means is that not only has it given me some extra years to feel my age or younger (and having hair has motivated me to push for looking younger in others ways which is also going well) and that I've bought some time to get a hair transplant, and especially now I've set myself up for what's probably a much less daunting hair transplant (I would say less expensive, but let's not forget I've had a decade of treatments to keep this hair, so let's settle on the fact that I would need considerably less grafts than even 3-4 years ago, and definitely compared to when I was younger than that). Now pretty much my fringe (the island fringe I've already written about down the years) is the main focal point, crown is OK and running up to that is quite inconsistent in thickness, but not requiring the work at all that a hair transplant would have required for me several years ago.

Not to mention, a hair transplant when your hair is particularly bad will of course require at least one further hair transplant, usually 2.

And if I had listened to someone like Joe Rogan? My quality of life would be nothing like it is.
I'm happy for you, mate.

I also hear those suggestions regarding what some celebrity or other should do with "his" thinning hair.
One person in particular has a problem with my hair. My hair!!! That's right, my freaking hair.

That same person also informs me on what some celeb should do regarding a thinning mane, but it's not hard to tell where this advice is really directed.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Perhaps some people try to drag other people down. I know admin has mentioned it a few times and I've seen it occur from time to time (usually when a woman gets a boys haircut and the other women say it looks great). I actually think this case is different though, and Lebron has got to the stage where he would look better just buzzing it down. Right now he's getting so much negative attention that he's becoming a laughing stock.

For whatever reason, men who try to conceal their hair loss are mocked without mercy.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
Perhaps some people try to drag other people down. I know admin has mentioned it a few times and I've seen it occur from time to time (usually when a woman gets a boys haircut and the other women say it looks great).
This is interesting. I actually think that on the right female face a boys haircut can look sexy as hell and far more appealing then the perfunctory long female hair-do.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Can you think of an example of a woman who looks better with short hair?

The shortest I think that looks decent is the length of Esme Patterson.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Yes but it's an old school example. Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby. Google and contrast her long hair (at the beginning of the film) with her short do later on. Hot!! Those cheekbones!!

For a modern example: Google Christine from Christine and the Queens.

scorpiolove
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by scorpiolove » 3 weeks ago

I knew it all along! BlackG is the Maga Kid! lol j/k.