It's 2020 and we still have no cure for hair loss

Discuss the latest news about cutting edge hair loss research: Tsuji, RepliCel, Follicum, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Char
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 81
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shave, wiggy or hatty.
Location: Eastern Europe

It's 2020 and we still have no cure for hair loss

Post by Char » 2 weeks ago

How does it feel boys and girls? We're finally in a new millenium.

In 2016-2019 Brotzu lotion was hyped as the cure and turned out to be another scam.

Shiseido was supposed to release their shit in 2018 or 2019, but we got nothing.

Follica is moving very slowly. By the time it hits the European market I'll be 35 or 40, lol.

Tsuji in 2020? I'll only believe it when I see it.

Will this decade bring us the cure for hair loss?

Almost 40 years of shitty treatments and counting.

If this year passes and there is still nothing, that Hairlosscure2020 site will become a joke.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1794
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4853
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: It's 2020 and we still have no cure for hair loss

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 weeks ago

Oh shit I hadn't thought about that website's name.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 674
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2089

Re: It's 2020 and we still have no cure for hair loss

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

Stick to finasteride, minoxidil and hair transplant. An affordable cure will come when it comes. Or it wouldn't. Don't hold your breath. I have been hearing this nonsense of "a cure will come within next 5 years" for the past 20 years. I personally think it will either never come or will take several decades or a couple of centuries.
Trump 2020

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 571
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1779
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: It's 2020 and we still have no cure for hair loss

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

Char wrote:
2 weeks ago
How does it feel boys and girls? We're finally in a new millenium.

In 2016-2019 Brotzu lotion was hyped as the cure and turned out to be another scam.

Shiseido was supposed to release their shit in 2018 or 2019, but we got nothing.

Follica is moving very slowly. By the time it hits the European market I'll be 35 or 40, lol.

Tsuji in 2020? I'll only believe it when I see it.

Will this decade bring us the cure for hair loss?

Almost 40 years of shitty treatments and counting.

If this year passes and there is still nothing, that Hairlosscure2020 site will become a joke.
We will never have a cure in our lifetime. I'm more optimistic about pigs flying than a hair loss cure. Maybe there will be a cure for hair loss one day but it's far, far away and by then all of us will be old and useless anyway, or dead. The best we can hope for is a better treatment with better results than minoxidil and finasteride, but even then it will probably be a preventative treatment rather than actually reversing hair loss, for those of us who are that far gone.

Of course I could be wrong, but they have been saying "almost there" for the entirety of the 7 years I have been going bald and of course long before then too. There's always new treatments on the horizon but every single time they fail at the finish line, without fail. Of course I'll keep myself posted but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime I will be living my life as normal from under my wig.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1010
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2917
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: It's 2020 and we still have no cure for hair loss

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

Char wrote:
2 weeks ago
If this year passes and there is still nothing, that Hairlosscure2020 site will become a joke.
Oh god yeah, I guess they'll have to change it to 2030? Which would also be hilariously lame, but better than going in to 2021 and 2022 with that.

Or just cut their losses and remove the 2020 altogether.
EvilLocks wrote:
2 weeks ago
Of course I'll keep myself posted but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime I will be living my life as normal from under my wig.
For me and actually I get the impression from a lot of people, keeping posted is more for entertainment now than any real hope. Everyone enjoyed the Brozu meme's on HairLossTalk, before that I hadn't been in the Future Cures (or whatever it was called) forum in ages.

But I'm indifferent either way to the possibilities, I have not a clue either way so I'm neither living in hope, or giving up completely.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 571
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1779
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: It's 2020 and we still have no cure for hair loss

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
For me and actually I get the impression from a lot of people, keeping posted is more for entertainment now than any real hope. Everyone enjoyed the Brozu meme's on HairLossTalk, before that I hadn't been in the Future Cures (or whatever it was called) forum in ages.

But I'm indifferent either way to the possibilities, I have not a clue either way so I'm neither living in hope, or giving up completely.
Getting my hopes crushed again and again is not entertainment for me, if I want to be entertained I'll put on a true crime documentary or something. Same as you though, neither living in hope or giving up completely, I look at it like this; if a cure is released on the commercial market everyone will know about it, it will be huge news. I'll know about it from the media, or from forums like this. I don't wanna spend my time on something that isn't productive or rewarding, this is something that getting older and wasting time on obsessing over my hair loss has taught me. I wasted probably 5-6 years of my life basement dwelling and obsessing over curing my hair loss, went to probably 10 different doctors and specialists, tried the various snake oils, spent hours on forums etc. I do spend some time on forums now too, but for different reasons, to talk to you guys because that is nice. I refuse to waste another second of my life obsessing over a cure when I'll know about it regardless IF it ever happens. Which I doubt. It'll be a good surprise if it does happen and I'm not giving up all hope, just try to stop worrying :straight-smile:

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1010
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2917
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: It's 2020 and we still have no cure for hair loss

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
2 weeks ago
Getting my hopes crushed again and again is not entertainment for me, if I want to be entertained I'll put on a true crime documentary or something. Same as you though, neither living in hope or giving up completely, I look at it like this; if a cure is released on the commercial market everyone will know about it, it will be huge news. I'll know about it from the media, or from forums like this. I don't wanna spend my time on something that isn't productive or rewarding, this is something that getting older and wasting time on obsessing over my hair loss has taught me. I wasted probably 5-6 years of my life basement dwelling and obsessing over curing my hair loss, went to probably 10 different doctors and specialists, tried the various snake oils, spent hours on forums etc. I do spend some time on forums now too, but for different reasons, to talk to you guys because that is nice. I refuse to waste another second of my life obsessing over a cure when I'll know about it regardless IF it ever happens. Which I doubt. It'll be a good surprise if it does happen and I'm not giving up all hope, just try to stop worrying :straight-smile:
I guess it's about being able to separate the "possibility" from hope/expectation, and just looking at it like a shit show of false promises. For me although hair loss has in it's ways tormented me, the hope of a cure never really has because I never engaged in it to the extent that it sounds like you have, so you're probably never going to casually be interested in reading about it for some weird sort of "fun" or "buzz", because there's already too much emotional investment which you feel has been wasted.

I think I'll patent Hairlosscure2121.com
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests