One million dollars to reverse aging

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

One million dollars to reverse aging

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: One million dollars to reverse aging

Post by EvilLocks » 5 days ago

Yay, does this mean I can return to a prime dime 6 year old?

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 4 days ago

This will help me.
For the love of South Western skies.

Char
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shave, wiggy or hatty.

Post by Char » 4 days ago

Classic @nameless.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 4 days ago

Char wrote:
4 days ago
Classic @nameless.
If there's a cure for the aging process 20 - 30 years down the road you'll use it, dumbass. Also, any treatment for the aging process might also cure hair loss so any treatment for the aging process could help you right now by regrowing your hair even though you're not smart enough to know that, dumbass.

Added in 10 minutes 13 seconds:
EvilLocks wrote:
5 days ago
Yay, does this mean I can return to a prime dime 6 year old?
1. Any treatment for the aging process might also cure hair loss since hair loss is age-related.

2. Sure when you're in your 20s a treatment for aging is meh but you're getting older every day. If there's a cure for the aging process on the market in 20 years you'll surely use it.

Added in 2 hours 59 minutes 34 seconds:
The aging process will be cured sooner or later. People in their 20s and 30s will surely see a cure for the aging process in their lifetimes so they don't really have to worry about the possibility of getting old, frail, and dying of old age. Plus people in their 20s and 30s are young and when people are young they don't worry about their mortality. So they aren't concerned about their own aging process.

But they know there are people out there who are older than them who are at risk of getting diseases associated with aging and that those people are also at risk of dying due to aging.

If a cure for the aging process comes in 5 years then starting 5 years from now the lives that would have been lost due to the aging process will be saved. On the other hand, if a cure for the aging process doesn't come until 15 years from now then lives that would have been lost to the aging process won't start being saved from the aging process until 15 years from now. That's a difference of 10 years of people dying of the aging process. The number of people that die over 10 years is tens of millions of people...maybe even hundreds of millions of people. Ergo the young posters who take an meh attitude towards a cure for aging are really basically saying that they don't give a damn if 10s of millions of people, or even hundreds of millions of people, die.

The more I see and hear the things people say the more I'm convinced that people don't care about anyone but themselves. And if a person does care about someone other than himself/herself that person is a fool because everyone else only cares about themselves.