Temple thinning at 18

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
Nks14
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: No

Temple thinning at 18

Post by Nks14 » 4 days ago

In the past months I noticed that my temples have thinned and thought that it could be because of lying on bed all day on my side (alternating left and right) for the past whole year.

The past 1 month I stopped lying on bed all day and sleep on my side only at night and it seems that there are a few more hairs on my temples.

Will sleeping only on my bee help with it? And if yes will it go back to completely normal? If no what haircut should I go for?

Also I don't want to go on any medication because I don't want to have the side effects on my age.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Re: Temple thinning at 18

Post by pjhair » 4 days ago

Nks14 wrote:
4 days ago
In the past months I noticed that my temples have thinned and thought that it could be because of lying on bed all day on my side (alternating left and right) for the past whole year.

The past 1 month I stopped lying on bed all day and sleep on my side only at night and it seems that there are a few more hairs on my temples.

Will sleeping only on my bee help with it? And if yes will it go back to completely normal? If no what haircut should I go for?

Also I don't want to go on any medication because I don't want to have the side effects on my age.

I doubt that you will lose hair by lying on bed all day.Traction alopecia can happen but only when hair is constantly pulled or twisted like in dreadlocks.

That said, you mentioned that you have regrown some hair on your temples. I will say that keep an eye on it. Take periodic pictures.

And if you continue to lose hair, go to a doctor and talk about medications. If you are scared of finasteride because it messes with hormones, at least consider minoxidil.

You are still young and in early stages of baldness, you have time to save your hair.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 3 days ago

Why are you lying on your bed all day?
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 days ago

My initial reaction to this is no, definitely not a possibility. When I think about it more, I guess we are putting pressure on our skin for 8 hours daily, I mean who knows but I just really doubt it.

I did hear about the effect of sleeping on your front and how it ages the skin or can make you bloated and red, again I'm not sure on this at all, but I'd like to sleep on my back anyway. I can only sleep on my front and side, the rare times I've slept on my back I woke up feeling like I had a really deep sleep (though this may just be because I was so tired that I managed to sleep on my back).

Also sleeping with a partner I can't stay in a position holding her or even spooning, I can half drift off to sleep but after some time I have to give up and push her away, which obviously doesn't look great.

Edit: did you actually look up techniques on how to sleep on your back? I found a few things that weren't too helpful for me. For example putting pillows either side of you (along the sides of your hips), I don't think I actually tried it but was considering, and then I find out the reason is to stop you from rolling over when asleep, but I'd never do that, once I'm in a fixed position I'm staying that way. The problem for me is literally falling asleep, even if very tired, I just can't drift off when on my back. I don't really know why I thought the pillow by sides thing would make any difference lol, desperation I guess.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

I'm embarrassed to have not realized this on such elegantly succinct terms.