8 year old climbs over US border wall

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

8 year old climbs over US border wall

Post by nameless » 5 days ago

This is why I'm opposed to southern border wall. It will cost a fortune and it won't work. This 8 year old climbed it without even the help of a drone. Imagine if you had a drone to take you over it. This kid made it look simple.

https://time.com/5694432/girl-climbs-bo ... l-replica/

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Re: 8 year old climbs over US border wall

Post by blackg » 5 days ago

This is only a model of current sections of the southern border and obviously not quite to scale.

The proposed complete border will be far more effectual than this poor prop, meant only as click bait for the gullible... and guilty.
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 5 days ago

blackg wrote:
5 days ago
This is only a model of current sections of the southern border and obviously not quite to scale.

The proposed complete border will be far more effectual than this poor prop, meant only as click bait for the gullible... and guilty.
If you read the article you'll see that their model is made according to pics of the proposed NEW wall and other information that the White House has released. The wall is supposed to be 18 - 36 feet tall and the maker of the replica made it the shorter 18 feet tall because it would cost too much to make it taller. The man who made it knows about climbing and he said even if it was the taller option (36 feet) climbers would still be able to climb it AND THEY WILL.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 5 days ago

You are missing the obvious point: what percentage of illegal gate crashers would actually be capable of scaling this structure?

Barely one percent, and forget about the children of illegal immigrants attempting this climb, death may result.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 4 days ago

blackg wrote:
5 days ago
You are missing the obvious point: what percentage of illegal gate crashers would actually be capable of scaling this structure?

Barely one percent, and forget about the children of illegal immigrants attempting this climb, death may result.
It doesn't matter, they go underneath via tunnels. It's a waste of time and money.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 4 days ago

Thieves broke into my grandparents' appartment. I always said that doors and locks are a waste of money.

The dog scared them away though.

That's the dog. Do not bother because you will be sent back.

All possible deterrents are welcome. Less efficient ones like walls, doors and locks, and more efficient ones like discouragement and the guarantee that you will be caught and punished.

Those mechanisms definitely need to be put into place in Europe. It's only to prevent illegal immigration of course. Legal immigrants and true refugees are welcome.

I'm a xenophile restrictionist after all.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 4 days ago

Admin wrote:
4 days ago
Thieves broke into my grandparents' appartment. I always said that doors and locks are a waste of money.

The dog scared them away though.

That's the dog. Do not bother because you will be sent back.

All possible deterrents are welcome. Less efficient ones like walls, doors and locks, and more efficient ones like discouragement and the guarantee that you will be caught and punished.

Those mechanisms definitely need to be put into place in Europe. It's only to prevent illegal immigration of course. Legal immigrants and true refugees are welcome.

I'm a xenophile restrictionist after all.

Your viewpoint on Latins coming to America weakens the argument you used to use against wanting Muslims in Belgium.

At the time you argued that it’s because Europe was founded on Christian values. You expressed it at the time that the quantity of them was changing your society (sorry I’m summarizing the impression you gave me from long time ago) and I was like okay that’s valid for Europe.

But when you have the same view about Latinos coming into America you weaken that argument and it starts to sound to me like whatever works in the moment.

Latinos have been coming here since the Alamo, I’m being a little sarcastic for humor but the truth is we have had Latinos settling here going that far back.
They are a HUGE part of our societal structure for so many generations.
They are Christian/catholic and South America is part of the west vs Muslim.

So what is wrong with their coming here then? That they are illegally doing so? We have so many Europeans coming here who never fly back and stay. No one is addressing that at all. Is it skin color?

I’m not all weak in the knees about illegal immigrants as you might assume, although I do think we absorbed them
Better than Europe does and this country unlike yours is designed by and for immigrants.

there is a huge difference about effective policies where we don’t lose the humanity or our ‘Christian’ values to do so.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 4 days ago

Trump needs to go. Especially after the Ukraine. Eighteen percent of Republicans feel he should be removed from office. However, there are a lot who feel he should only be impeached.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 4 days ago

@Hairblues

To reiterate my point.

I see nothing wrong with Latinos emigrating to the United States.

And I see nothing wrong with Muslims emigrating to Europe.

As long as they do it legally.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 4 days ago

Hairblues wrote:
4 days ago
It doesn't matter, they go underneath via tunnels. It's a waste of time and money.
It does matter. Why do you leftist always obfuscate on border security?
You either believe in the geographical integrity of the United States or you don't.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 days ago

blackg wrote:
4 days ago
It does matter. Why do you leftist always obfuscate on border security?
You either believe in the geographical integrity of the United States or you don't.
What people value are efforts that actually increase security, rather than pork barrel like the wall.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote:
4 days ago
@Hairblues

To reiterate my point.

I see nothing wrong with Latinos emigrating to the United States.

And I see nothing wrong with Muslims emigrating to Europe.

As long as they do it legally.
Yeah, but it needs to be slowed down somewhat with an emphasis on enlightened western values as a kind of prerequisite for entry.

Only on Western nations are the burdens of tolerance and unconditional acceptance encumbent. It's a big ask.

Added in 3 minutes 19 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 days ago
What people value are efforts that actually increase security, rather than pork barrel like the wall.
I don't think it is political pork barreling. The wall became a security and political necessity decades ago.

What good is a nation with a porous border?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 days ago

blackg wrote:
4 days ago
Yeah, but it needs to be slowed down somewhat with an emphasis on enlightened western values as a kind of prerequisite for entry.

Only on Western nations are the burdens of tolerance and unconditional acceptance encumbent. It's a big ask.

Added in 3 minutes 19 seconds:

I don't think it is political pork barreling. The wall became a security and political necessity decades ago.

What good is a nation with a porous border?
They're not implementing policies that would actually secure the border.

Have you heard of them cracking down on employers that hire illegals?

No, and you won't.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by That Guy » 4 days ago

nameless wrote:
5 days ago
This is why I'm opposed to southern border wall. It will cost a fortune and it won't work. This 8 year old climbed it without even the help of a drone. Imagine if you had a drone to take you over it. This kid made it look simple.

https://time.com/5694432/girl-climbs-bo ... l-replica/
This only demonstrates 2 things.

1. "Artistically-designed steel slats" are not a "wall"

You know, like what Israel has.

2. Troops on the border with live ammunition and authorization to fire can fix any climber.
Hairblues wrote:
4 days ago
So what is wrong with their coming here then? That they are illegally doing so? We have so many Europeans coming here who never fly back and stay. No one is addressing that at all. Is it skin color?
I have addressed this about a billion times, but your politics prevent you from seeing the truth:

America was built to be an extension of Europe. It was built by white Europeans, with the intention of their white, European grandchildren and beyond inheriting it — the civilization they built.

It is no more complicated than this. There is no reason why anyone from the other racial groups should be entitled to it that isn't fundamentally Marxist. That is why this is called "cultural marxism".

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Entitled is definitely the right word. Just because someone can get to the border does that entitle them instant entry?

My answer is NO. Those with a supposed sense of morality will undoubtedly answer "yes" with little regard for the social and infrastructural consequences.

Build that wall and build it tall!
Last edited by blackg 4 days ago, edited 1 time in total.