Follica still exists it would seem

Discuss the latest news about cutting edge hair loss research: Tsuji, RepliCel, Follicum, etc.
Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo

Follica still exists it would seem

Post by Johnt1997 » 3 months ago

Allellujah! I can see pigs flying around a frozen hell: Follica have finally released an update:

Screenshot_20190614-202420_Samsung Internet-270x555.jpg
Screenshot_20190614-202420_Samsung Internet-270x555.jpg (58.04 KiB) Viewed 625 times

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Re: Follica still exists it would seem

Post by That Guy » 3 months ago

Ya'll said I was crazy

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 months ago

This is a safe method, as far as dermarolling/dermastamping will not destroy
existing hair.

There is a patent/rights time limit in the United States, and they are coming on an
anniversary. For drug/exclusive rights, there is a maximum time limit of twenty years
on medications (to make them affordable to the public, i.e. hepatitis 'C cur).

https://xconomy.com/boston/2011/03/30/f ... invention/

It seems to be too good to be true, probably because it is. They are comparing their
device to other standard forms of dermarolling (recently), such as dermarolling and dermastamping.

It's true that they could have a medical patent on it, without it having been scientifically proven, in the
United States. That probably would not last forever, as drug patents typically last between seven and
twenty years.

Eventually I think their patent will run out. I just don't believe that it is that easy to make new hair follicles
by injuring existing ones.

Histogen has gotten a lot further in human trials, although the average hair regrowth was only ten percent.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Propecia

Post by Hanginginthewire » 3 months ago

This bodes well for the pivotal trial. If the results of the 2b trial are positive, then we can move into phase 3. Those results should be positive as well. I’m just worried that the post pivotal trial won’t show positive enough results for them to move to the pre post-pivotal trial. Because in that case, the results from the 3c trial might not be significant enough to warrant an A-B trial that will take us to the post pivotal B trial. But on the other hand, the fact that the trial has progressed to the 2nd half of sequestration is a good sign. Do we know if they will move right into Phase C after the pivotal post B - trial? Hopefully there will be a press release on this soon.

But yeah, these are exiting times!

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

The thing I'm most amped about is that for the pivotal, they are looking for NW3s and 4s.

To me, this suggests that the main focus of the treatment is receding hairlines and not crown baldness; something we all know that conventional treatments are basically useless for treating.

This could be serious for the transplant business if this grows enough hair and specifically where the hair line should be. If I was a transplant surgeon right now, I'd be keeping a real close eye on this trial and thinking about getting a license to use Rain as well.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

One of the “advisors” for Follica is currently taking questions on another hair loss website, ostensibly under the guise of educating the public. Many of the posters are figuring out that he is simply hawking some tangential product that he’s also connected to. Every “answer” he provides includes a reference to this other product. And again, this is one of the named, official “advisors.” Pretty much indicates what we can expect out of ~Follica.~

If your hair loss bothers you, try to keep as much of it as you can and then pursue transplants. That’s it.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Hanginginthewire wrote:
3 months ago
One of the “advisors” for Follica is currently taking questions on another hair loss website, ostensibly under the guise of educating the public. Many of the posters are figuring out that he is simply hawking some tangential product that he’s also connected to. Every “answer” he provides includes a reference to this other product. And again, this is one of the named, official “advisors.” Pretty much indicates what we can expect out of ~Follica.~

If your hair loss bothers you, try to keep as much of it as you can and then pursue transplants. That’s it.
Then take your own advise and stfu you disgusting faggot

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

That Guy wrote:
3 months ago
Then take your own advise and stfu you disgusting faggot
So edgy. How are you going to rescue The West when you spend all of your time aborting your children, checking your hair line in the mirror, shitposting on hair loss forums, and researching your book reports? How about yet another thread on plastic surgery, or how various celebrities are aging? Lol yeah, I’m the faggot. Gooks and faggots and online forums, rotting away in the Canadian prairie, you are the envy of all WASPs everywhere.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Hanginginthewire wrote:
3 months ago
Lol yeah, I’m the faggot.
Yeah, you put literally dicks in your mouth...

Possibly a black, Jewish or other "diverse" faggot too, by the sound of it.
Hanginginthewire wrote:
3 months ago
checking your hair line in the mirror
Lol trying to play this card when you spend all your time bitching hair loss forums about how you're bald.

Then specifically entering threads about new technology and being a crybaby edgelord about how it's not going to work out.

This is like going on a science forum and bitching about how they're all idiots and god created everything, or vice versa.

You have to be mentally ill to make that your hobby, but here you are doing just that. I'd use the phrase "Mentally-ill homosexual", but it is redundant.