Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Discuss safe bets to mitigate the impact of hair loss: weightlifting, skin care, teeth whitening etc.
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by That Guy » 5 months ago

To alter your face or whatever? Hair transplants don't count here.

What did/would you get done and why?

We all obviously are here about more hair, but I wonder what else, if anything, people would change about themselves if they could.
Last edited by Admin 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No caps for the first letters in the titles please

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day

Re: Would you get or have you gotten plastic surgery?

Post by Admin » 5 months ago

I guess in terms of plastic surgery:

- Gynecomastia surgery after having grown man boobs due to psychiatric medication
- Two rounds of cryolipolysis (freezing of the fat which makes your fat cells die, and yes it's legit) on my belly fat and one round on my double chin: to get rid of that stubborn belly fat that would never have gone away. I could go as low as 65kg for 1m90 and it was still there, it was obviously genetics. Same for my double chin, a small "pocket" would always be there.
- Some people consider this one to be plastic surgery too: I had PRK (laser surgery) to correct my myopia

Other than that:

- I whiten my teeth every few years
- I get the rosacea (also largely genetic) on my face lasered every couple of years
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 5 months ago

I would definitely get a face lift.
Think happy thoughts.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 5 months ago

if you complain about being subhuman yet walk around with less than 5 cc of dermal filler in your face , you're not trying :lol:

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 5 months ago

I would do something to make myself look younger, such as FETUS STEM CELLS. :clap:

Especially with someone that had good hair density! Won't say the name, but his user name
rhymes with "That Buy".

In all seriousness @That Guy , does your mom still produce eggs?

Any of your girlfriends looking for an abortion? :think: When I find a good donor,
I always lie to her and tell her I'm a gynecologist (vagina doctor). :oops:

Are you looking for some easy money yourself these days? One thousand if it's
a good donor, but it has to match my hair color.
Think happy thoughts.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

rclark wrote:
5 months ago
I would do something to make myself look younger, such as FETUS STEM CELLS. :clap:

Especially with someone that had good hair density! Won't say the name, but his user name
rhymes with "That Buy".

In all seriousness That Guy , does your mom still produce eggs?

Any of your girlfriends looking for an abortion? :think: When I find a good donor,
I always lie to her and tell her I'm a gynecologist (vagina doctor). :oops:

Are you looking for some easy money yourself these days? One thousand if it's
a good donor, but it has to match my hair color.
OOoh edgy

The day of the rope (or maybe in your case, pillow) is coming.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Propecia

Post by Hanginginthewire » 5 months ago

rclark wrote:
5 months ago

Any of your girlfriends looking for an abortion? :think:
For someone who constantly talks about “degeneracy,” he stays pretty tight-lipped on that subject.

I rest easy in the knowledge that I never participated in the murder of anyone, let alone my own offspring...

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Hanginginthewire wrote:
5 months ago
For someone who constantly talks about “degeneracy,” he stays pretty tight-lipped on that subject.
Huh? I've stated a number of times my opinion on abortions.
Hanginginthewire wrote:
5 months ago
I rest easy in the knowledge that I never participated in the murder of anyone, let alone my own offspring...
Well, it's good to know you haven't killed any of your magical ass babies.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 5 months ago

I would definitely get a lower face lift for lower face and neck and possibly mid face if necessary.

I plan on doing this before things go to shit. Probably around 50 or so.
I don’t look like I need it and every time I bring it up to friends they think I’m nuts...but here is the secret not a lot of people know. It’s better to do face lifts right before you look like you need it because if you wait too long you have diminishing returns and can look ‘done’ vs natural. Also the amount of work they have to do is less, which is safer and it lasts longer. It has to do with the muscles under the skin.
Right now, my Skin is still too tight so its too soon and could come out too tight looking if they are not ultra conservative so I think in another 3-5 years I will start going on consults.
I’ve been researching this and doctors for on/off about 10 years for precautionary reasons.
I’m convinced every actress over 50 who looks incredible for her age and natural is doing this approach.

I have great texture skin so I don’t think I will need anything crazy for that.
The fraxel laser is incredible my friend had it done and she took like 5-10 years off her skin. It has a lot of down time though and is painful.
I don’t think I personally will need this.
I may start getting microneedling done as I heard it does great things and is not a lot of down time.
I do get microdermabrasion but it’s a very gentle type. It helps for serums to get absorbed better. Gives skin a kind of radiant quality.

I do fillers for several years now. I do 1-2 CC depending if I’m going 1 or twice a year. She goes all over as needed. It’s kind of amazing what can be done if strategically placed. My dermatologist is also an artist who studied at an artilier and also studied under a plastic surgeon for a time period and she has a great eye and technique. It’s subtle enough so I never look like I had anything done but I always get compliments and I can see a huge difference because I know where the flaws are that simply disappear.

I’m considering Botox but I don’t care for it on people. I also don’t have a lot of lines but I don’t want to get the elevens between brows so I do think I have to start soon to avoid this from happening.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 5 months ago

That Guy wrote:
5 months ago
To alter your face or whatever? Hair transplants don't count here.

What did/would you get done and why?

We all obviously are here about more hair, but I wonder what else, if anything, people would change about themselves if they could.
As of now I have never gotten anything done. But in the future, I plan on doing so.
After kids, I will probably have a breast lift and depending on how my tummy looks, a tummy tuck. I don't think I will need one though, as it's not in my genetics to end up with a saggy stomach after pregnancies.
When I'm a lot older, I will definitely get a lower face lift/neck lift.
All of this is years into the future though, so for now I'm natural. I do plan on having some filler in my under eye area sometime soon as that is the only part of me that is showing volume loss at the moment.
I'm fairly lucky to have little to no movement in my face, I never move my forehead when I talk and I never show lines around my eyes or mouth when I smile either, so that's all good, probably won't ever need botox (fingers crossed)
I take very good care of my skin in terms of sun protection so I try to prevent rather than treat. But I might get some laser on my face way down the track 8-)

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 5 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
5 months ago

I do fillers for several years now. I do 1-2 CC depending if I’m going 1 or twice a year. She goes all over as needed. It’s kind of amazing what can be done if strategically placed. My dermatologist is also an artist who studied at an artilier and also studied under a plastic surgeon for a time period and she has a great eye and technique. It’s subtle enough so I never look like I had anything done but I always get compliments and I can see a huge difference because I know where the flaws are that simply disappear.
How did you find your dermatologist in the first place?

Currently i've been getting fillers from a plastic surgeon but also considered the possibility that a derm or even a nurse could do just as good if already certified for filler injection

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: Propecia

Post by Hanginginthewire » 5 months ago

That Guy wrote:
5 months ago
Huh? I've stated a number of times my opinion on abortions.

Well, it's good to know you haven't killed any of your magical ass babies.
The question was have you ever participated in/financed/given your blessing to an abortion. No one cares about your tedious views on anything.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

koolaidshade wrote:
5 months ago
How did you find your dermatologist in the first place?

Currently i've been getting fillers from a plastic surgeon but also considered the possibility that a derm or even a nurse could do just as good if already certified for filler injection
My esthetician used her and I loved how her lips looked really natural. That was how I first started to see her.

I think with injectables it’s really about having a good eye as well as proper training for health and safety. Like in some areas they need to switch needles because we are more vascular. So if not a blunt needle or ccannula you can hit a vessel etc so it is important to see someone who understands the needles as well as the product and not all products work the same and some are better for one area vs another.

Example under the eye is tricky and someone should never use juviderm there because it will look swollen where restalyne or bolettro sits better there. But restalyne can look blue there.

I don’t do under my eyes nor my temples but I had researched it. It’s not an area that concerns me and it can actually look a lot worse if not done correctly.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 5 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
5 months ago

Example under the eye is tricky and someone should never use juviderm there because it will look swollen where restalyne or bolettro sits better there. But restalyne can look blue there.

I don’t do under my eyes nor my temples but I had researched it. It’s not an area that concerns me and it can actually look a lot worse if not done correctly.
That's weird, I've talked to and seen a few girls with Juvederm volbella under their eyes that looked really good. Also I heard that juvederm lasts longer than Restylane? But I haven't really done any research yet, I will do that before I do get anything done though. The most important for me is seeing a professional, with a good reputation, with the adequate education and knowledge, that takes their time listening to me and what I want, and makes me feel safe and comfortable. I would rather pay a bit more going to someone who knows their stuff that going to someone who charges a few bucks less.
Anyway, I was under the impression that Juvederm can be used safely for under the eyes. When you say swollen what does that even mean? Like it looks overfilled or actually like you've been stung by an insect? I have never seen such a case at least...
I don't know what I would prefer, looking swollen or looking blue :shock:

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

I’m talking about regular juviderm it sounds like they made a new product. I’m not familiar with it. I can ask my dr which she prefers for tear trough. She does it a lot in her practice she even does it to herself. She’s the one who told me she likes belotero. That’s what she uses in herself.

Regular juviderm kind of spreads out. Which is great in the cheeks but can be bad under eye.
But that product sounds like they made an additional cross hatching that is similar to the consistency of belotero.
restalyn kind of sits where you put it vs juviderm. That’s why in lips I think restalyne is great for shape and juviderm is great for volume.

RealSelf.com is also a great source.