Topical finasteride/minoxidil company out of business

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Topical finasteride/minoxidil company out of business

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

Some people might be familiar with the late Dr. Klein's hair forumula, Promox? He passed away
in 2013, but his company continued to manufacture his product.

HairGrowthMD has recently (as of April 10th, 2019) gone out of business. For me, this is very sad news.
They gave me a topical prescription of two percent Progesterone, which helped me keep the hair I already have.
It did not help me regrow any dead hair follicles.

There is another manufacturer, but I personally do not think their product is as good. They prescribed
a maximum of 0.5% Progesterone, by volume. In cold weather their product turns into water (when it is below forty degrees,
and possibly less than forty five degrees).

Unfortunately, Promox, which is Dr. Klein's forumla, did a great job keeping my hair in. So, I still have
my four refills left with the pharmacy, but I cannot get a new script.

Does anybody know of any topical Progesterone/Finasteride manufacturers in Canada or the United States? Possibly
as far as Brazil, but customs usually confiscates anything I get in Europe.

It will be interesting to see what Norwood my hair will go to, now that I can only get a 0.5% Progesterone solution.
HairGrowthMD actually allowed me to get four times that amount (two percent), but only half the Minoxidil as the
"other" place (fifteen percent maximum).

The problem is it is very hard to find a company that does both online consultations, and handles the business
side of things.

There are thousands of compounding pharmacies in the United States. To the best of my knowledge, there are
only a handful of companies in the United States that handle both. Ironically, a lot of compounding pharmacies
in the United States also manufacture Canadian scripts.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Topical finasteride/minoxidil company out of business

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

Eventually without the high strength Progesterone I think my hair will go back to a Norwood five, which is what
I was in 2013.

This won't happen for at least a month, if not longer. I might be able to get at least three new scripts from
the pharmacy, depending if they send it to me or not.

I will send pictures of my hair once I stop the two percent Progesterone.

Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Re: Topical finasteride/minoxidil company out of business

Post by Marki » 1 month ago

rclark wrote:
2 months ago
Some people might be familiar with the late Dr. Klein's hair forumula, Promox? He passed away
in 2013, but his company continued to manufacture his product.

HairGrowthMD has recently (as of April 10th, 2019) gone out of business. For me, this is very sad news.
They gave me a topical prescription of two percent Progesterone, which helped me keep the hair I already have.
It did not help me regrow any dead hair follicles.

There is another manufacturer, but I personally do not think their product is as good. They prescribed
a maximum of 0.5% Progesterone, by volume. In cold weather their product turns into water (when it is below forty degrees,
and possibly less than forty five degrees).

Unfortunately, Promox, which is Dr. Klein's forumla, did a great job keeping my hair in. So, I still have
my four refills left with the pharmacy, but I cannot get a new script.

Does anybody know of any topical Progesterone/Finasteride manufacturers in Canada or the United States? Possibly
as far as Brazil, but customs usually confiscates anything I get in Europe.

It will be interesting to see what Norwood my hair will go to, now that I can only get a 0.5% Progesterone solution.
HairGrowthMD actually allowed me to get four times that amount (two percent), but only half the Minoxidil as the
"other" place (fifteen percent maximum).

The problem is it is very hard to find a company that does both online consultations, and handles the business
side of things.

There are thousands of compounding pharmacies in the United States. To the best of my knowledge, there are
only a handful of companies in the United States that handle both. Ironically, a lot of compounding pharmacies
in the United States also manufacture Canadian scripts.
Have you tried Thailand?

https://www.beautystorefront.net/

https://www.thailandpharmacy.net/

Also never order from abroad using courier or express services, it's nice to get it in 5 days but those are the packages they check at customs.