Will things ever get better here ?

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week

Will things ever get better here ?

Post by Xexos » 2 months ago

So i lurk the forum from time to time hoping that something might be new or interesting enough to read, and to be honest, don't you guys ever get tired of this ?

I think i should rephrase that question better. Do you guys ever have lives, something to do, problems to think about, etc, instead of this shit ?

Race Nationalism is not a political ideology that makes sense, but a psychological cope used by men who desperately need a source of self-esteem (in this very case, their race). Nationalism means being proud of something that was literally predetermined for you at birth. It's not an accomplish, it's not a victory, it's not something to proud of because you didn't choose it or had to work for it.

I get that politics is important and you have to care about it, but God, you guys are absolutely hopeless. Imagine you're a good-looking normie with a normal social life, and a lot of friends of all backgrounds. You regularly have sex. The last time it was with an Indian girl who digs you.

Now... It's Saturday afternoon. Are you going to fire up YouTube to watch a one hour video of David Duke (that creepy Tussaud wax doll) expounding on the "long winters theory of racial differences in IQ"? Are you going to spend an hour reading obscure Julius Evola texts on blogs like Counter-Currents?

Can you picture yourself doing this? Obviously not. Most likely, you'd use your Saturday afternoon to chill with friends, have a girl come over, prepare good food, watch a movie, work on your novel... Do cool, funny stuff.

Also if you feel the need to rely on your race, which is something predetermined at birth and is completely out of one's control, to feel some sort of accomplishment or raise your self-esteem, then you might want to reconsider your life and be pretty open and honest to yourself, because there's probably something wrong with you and your life. Your value as a person is determined by your intentions, actions and PERSONAL accomplishments. The things you worked hard for and achieved with your own hands like a true man are the ONLY things you deserve to get praise and validation for.

You're honestly like a spoiled kid who likes to brag to his friends at the school everyday that daddy bought him a new toy and he also teases and bullies another kid with poor parents because he thinks that he's superior to him for having rich parents and getting stuff he never had to work for.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Re: Will things ever get better here ?

Post by supremegentleman » 2 months ago

Xexos wrote:
2 months ago
don't you guys ever get tired of this
No
Xexos wrote:
2 months ago
Now... It's Saturday afternoon.
It's always a good day to hate on an arab.

Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

supremegentleman wrote:
2 months ago
No

It's always a good day to hate on an arab.
You're angry at me because i kicked you out of my discord for being an obnoxious, entitled and spoiled White guy ? Well, i'm sorry i can't make up for it as i already deleted my server and i don't know a way to repay you for kicking you out of my server because i didn't want you there.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

First, even I who's managing the forum don't think it's taking up that much of my time, and members don't post that often either. I've explained before why I don't like that argument and why I've never bought it. I believe there are much worse things to do with your free time than writing down your thoughts and exchange with other people in an online community.

Second, who are you talking about? I don't think even @That Guy watches or admires a racist like David Duke (correct me if I'm wrong).

Third, you know I agree with the rest of your post here.

Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
First, even I who's managing the forum don't think it's taking up that much of my time, and members don't post that often either. I've explained before why I don't like that argument and why I've never bought it. I believe there are much worse things to do with your free time than writing down your thoughts and exchange with other people in an online community.

Second, who are you talking about? I don't think even That Guy watches or admires a racist like David Duke (correct me if I'm wrong).

Third, you know I agree with the rest of your post here.
I honestly don't think the problem is with the moderation itself. In fact, this forum has one of the best moderation i've seen and i've been to many forums before. I like how everyone here is free to say whatever they want and how the admin (you), doesn't act high and mighty because he has powers that he could abuse. And i also didn't have you in mind when i posted my OP because i already know that you have a life and aren't an asshole.

Anyways, i think the problem is with the quality of posts and posters. There's no variety, the same shit is being said everyday, not much room for different opinions because some users are close-minded and pretty biased, the quality of posts themselves is decreasing everyday because there's no more new points to discuss (about the whole race thing i mean).

I guess this problem would be solved by inviting new users with fresh, different opinions and thoughts to this forum, and at the same time encourage the users here to bring new cards to the table and start expressing their thoughts about different stuff/fields in life and society.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

If you'd like to talk about new subjects, don't hesitate to launch new topics. This website gets roughly 4000 unique visitors a month and the growth of the user database has been slow. I like the fact that's it's growing organically, and I have no interest in forcing things. If people want to come, they will come. And of course I don't mind members here inviting new people.

I think we already have a lot of quality posts and topics on here, it's understandable that the well runs out at some point and some time is needed before it slowly gets replenished. The forum goes through phases, for example, I was surprised to see so many posts this morning, some weeks it gets very quiet, and that's OK.

On the Discord, another member was asking me why I wasn't starting a YouTube channel, why I wasn't trying out new methods to attract new people, and again, my reply was that I just don't feel the need to do it for the moment. Sometimes when I feel like it, I'll find open reddit threads where I'll reply to a question about hair loss and mention this forum in my closing statement. But aside from that, there isn't much I can do.

To take it one level higher, for me it goes back to this idea that sometimes we wish things were different but they just aren't and one needs to either accept it, or gently and carefully push things in the direction they want and see if it works. If it doesn't, I don't think it's wise to raise your fist at the rest of the world (or here the forum) and them they're biased and close-minded.

Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
If you'd like to talk about new subjects, don't hesitate to launch new topics. This website gets roughly 4000 unique visitors a month and the growth of the user database has been slow. I like the fact that's it's growing organically, and I have no interest in forcing things. If people want to come, they will come. And of course I don't mind members here inviting new people.
Fair enough.

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
I think we already have a lot of quality posts and topics on here, it's understandable that the well runs out at some point and some time is needed before it slowly gets replenished. The forum goes through phases, for example, I was surprised to see so many posts this morning, some weeks it gets very quiet, and that's OK.
I know, i just meant that the quality is decreasing each day. I also meant that the posts are repetitive, not that they're stupid or ignorant posts.

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
On the Discord, another member was asking me why I wasn't starting a YouTube channel, why I wasn't trying out new methods to attract new people, and again, my reply was that I just don't feel the need to do it for the moment. Sometimes when I feel like it, I'll find open reddit threads where I'll reply to a question about hair loss and mention this forum in my closing statement. But aside from that, there isn't much I can do.
I don't think you're obligated to bring members here or "force" them, i just said that maybe an invite to some people might be a good idea, and if they don't want to join, fine. It was just a suggestion, not an order.

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
To take it one level higher, for me it goes back to this idea that sometimes we wish things were different but they just aren't and one needs to either accept it, or gently and carefully push things in the direction they want and see if it works. If it doesn't, I don't think it's wise to raise your fist at the rest of the world (or here the forum) and them they're biased and close-minded.
I didn't raise my fist at the rest of the world though and i didn't generalize at all. I literally said in my previous post that i didn't mean any ill intentions toward you when i posted my OP. And although i had some specific members in my head when i said that they're close-minded and biased, i didn't mean all the posters at all. It'd be unfair to bank up all the posters in one basket because not everyone here is the same. And i also like many people here.

Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 2 months ago

Look at our heads. Until those change, no, things will not get better

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

Exodus wrote:
2 months ago
Look at our heads. Until those change, no, things will not get better
That is the sad truth about things these days.

I don't even think there'll be a "cure" in 2050, and that really is
the way I feel. By that time, I'll probably be dead, so it won't matter to
me, but it is fucked up, getting all this false hope over no end in sight.

We get attached to Replicel and Histogen, because they seem to hold
so much promise.

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by That Guy » 2 months ago

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
+1
I feel like this place (and previously HairLossTalk) is a sanctuary of sorts in the midst of everything going on in my life (good and bad), and I never feel like I'm wasting time here, and like you said, it doesn't really take up that much time.
When I was going through the worst of my depression while I was a regular on HairLossTalk though, I would say that it took up too much of my time. But that's only because I didn't have much else going on, besides wallowing in self pity and despair, of course. I could spend hours on end browsing HairLossTalk, daily.
Now that I actually have a life, I have a more healthy relationship with it. I refresh the forum maybe once or twice a day to see if there's any interesting conversations going on, maybe more if I'm actually participating in discussions but never going overboard with it.
I view the forum as a nice addition to my life, but not the main part of my life. :)
En får væra som en er når'n itte vart som en sku :thumbup:

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

In all honesty, I couldn't joke around with people here, and let's be honest, I would be banned in 2019
at Hair loss talk. He just needs all "three" votes, and I would be gone faster than I was in August 2018.

I hope people don't take my joking seriously. I like everybody here, even Brad Pitt's younger twin
brother, that person who I will not name.

That said, although I don't believe in banning people, and I joke about my own race, I wish we could
remove the "n" word here? (Just blank it out, and be done with it). That really does kind of throw
my "over the hill" brain in a loop.

Is that a violation of free speech, maybe, and it's definitely not up to me to decide that.

It is what it is I suppose. We can't have free speech only when we want it, otherwise, what's the
point?

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 months ago

The use of the "n" word really shines a lite on the character of those using it.
It shows a very base persona.
I eat ass (taxpayer funded)

C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: none

Post by C4L » 2 months ago

I support white nationalism because I support diversity.

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by That Guy » 2 months ago

C4L wrote:
2 months ago
I support white nationalism because I support diversity.