David DiMuzio's scars

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

David DiMuzio's scars

Post by supremegentleman » 2 months ago

Butchered.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: David DiMuzio's scars

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

To be fair, it's really invisible with his hair grown out like this. He lucked out thanks to his hair caliber and being "merely" a NW5. Not such a big area to cover, especially when he could have it blasted with an insane amount of grafts through FUT.

Other than that, the implantation patterns isn't so great, especially at the hair line. But it's something you can always detect if you look closely.

Finally, I just don't trust the guy. It might be a bad judgement on my part, but I don't like the barely veiled aggressive approach he takes in the videos with his surgeon to say that you're getting scammed if a surgeon accepts to do a FUE megasession on you.

And of course I would be biased about that part. Turkish and Belgian surgeons and performed successful FUE (5000+ grafts) megasessions for years now. He only defends FUT with his surgeon because many American surgeons just don't want to perform 15+ hours FUE's. It's just easier for them to perform expedient FUT's and take people's cash.

I believe FUT is doomed to disappear, it's invasive, archaic and there is always the risk of being stuck with that joker scar at the back of your head if you didn't plan out your hair transplant plan properly or one of your surgeries fail.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: David DiMuzio's scars

Post by JLBB » 2 months ago

Admin wrote:
2 months ago
To be fair, it's really invisible with his hair grown out like this. He lucked out thanks to his hair caliber and being "merely" a NW5. Not such a big area to cover, especially when he could have it blasted with an insane amount of grafts through FUT.

Other than that, the implantation patterns isn't so great, especially at the hair line. But it's something you can always detect if you look closely.

Finally, I just don't trust the guy. It might be a bad judgement on my part, but I don't like the barely veiled aggressive approach he takes in the videos with his surgeon to say that you're getting scammed if a surgeon accepts to do a FUE megasession on you.

And of course I would be biased about that part. Turkish and Belgian surgeons and performed successful FUE (5000+ grafts) megasessions for years now. He only defends FUT with his surgeon because many American surgeons just don't want to perform 15+ hours FUE's. It's just easier for them to perform expedient FUT's and take people's cash.

I believe FUT is doomed to disappear, it's invasive, archaic and there is always the risk of being stuck with that joker scar at the back of your head if you didn't plan out your hair transplant plan properly or one of your surgeries fail.
in my opinion you're going to have a niche of top-tier FUT clinics like Hasson/Wong, Hattingen and Feller (with his much younger disciple Bloxham) that perform the procedure to appeal to people that are ultra-cautious about managing donor or are NW6 etc, don't care a bout having their hair a little longer in the back and want to achieve a full head of hair. You can already see in Europe that newer clinics aren't offering FUT.

FUT forever will be the better option for maximising recipient results as its significantly easier to dissect a strip than blind extraction of grafts via FUE, although there's always the risk of a scar stretching even with a top-surgeon. When most people can get great results that please their goals with FUE alone there's little incentive to go for FUT. FUT purists rarely mention it but you can perform an FUT subsequent to an FUE, so if you ever maximise a safe amount of grafts from FUE you could still likely get thousands of grafts through FUT if you absolutely need to which makes FUE first the best choice unless you really don't care about scarring and keeping the back long.