My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 68
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 109
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 22

My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by Johnt1997 » 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I've been away for a while as I've been waiting until after my transplant before i bothered coming back on any of the forums.

I booked a hair transplant with De Reys last year and my procedure date was on Monday just past. I opted for an unshaven FUE, i would have liked to get some grafts in the crown but hair line far more important to me, as i wasn't brave enough to shave my head

Dr was able to extract 1000 grafts from the area of hair that he shaved for extraction; future grafts will have to come from further up my head. I am NW3v and this transplant should fill me up to NW1v.

Pics: Day 1 immediately post op (hair soaking wet so looks very thin)
Day 1 later on that night (left and right side)
Day 2 left and right side
Day 4 (today) left and right side
Donor area post surgery
Attachments
20190401_164222-800x390.jpg
20190401_164222-800x390.jpg (48.09 KiB) Viewed 501 times
20190404_123426-600x1230.jpg
20190404_123426-600x1230.jpg (119.63 KiB) Viewed 501 times
20190404_123426.jpg
20190404_123426.jpg (992.02 KiB) Viewed 501 times
20190404_123438-600x1230.jpg
20190404_123438-600x1230.jpg (135.51 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Screenshot_20190404-121456_Messenger-600x1233.jpg
Screenshot_20190404-121456_Messenger-600x1233.jpg (114.27 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Screenshot_20190404-121502_Messenger-600x1233.jpg
Screenshot_20190404-121502_Messenger-600x1233.jpg (75.67 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Screenshot_20190404-121439_Messenger-600x1233.jpg
Screenshot_20190404-121439_Messenger-600x1233.jpg (121.64 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Screenshot_20190404-121445_Messenger-600x1233.jpg
Screenshot_20190404-121445_Messenger-600x1233.jpg (114.09 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Screenshot_20190404-121419_Messenger-600x1233.jpg
Screenshot_20190404-121419_Messenger-600x1233.jpg (136.14 KiB) Viewed 501 times

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1541
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 3357
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

Congrats on the procedure with a great surgeon (no bias here :straight-smile:)

I didn't even know that De Reys accepted to perform without shaving the patient's head, now I feel like I just went through a month of shaved head/buzz but for nothing :p. Did he ask extra money because of that?

Some people could say that 1000 grafts is not enough for that area but I trust De Reys when it comes to doing a great job with a small amount of grafts, he's known for being conservative. The work he's done seems clean and I think it should grown in quite nicely. Same with your donor area.

How is your recovery? Not too uncomfortable? It seems that for me the pain was somehow higher after each procedure. It's been almost two months since my third hair transplant and I think it's healed up nicely except for a lot of hair that have not shed (but are still dead) this time.

My fiancée is helping me getting them out with tweezers, I think it's mainly because I made the mistake of shaving the grafts quite rapidly after I removed the scabs. Anyway, I hope you get the result you hope for! :)

User avatar
kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 315
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 711
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, dermastamp 1.5mm weekly, nizoral 1% whenever

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by kj6723 » 1 week ago

Congrats on taking this step

I think De Reys is one of the few top surgeons who does non-shaven, right? I believe GoldenMane on HairLossTalk also had an unshaven hair line procedure with him also using what seemed like a small number of grafts for the area. I imagine the nonshaven should make the first few months post op way more bearable.

User avatar
Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 68
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 109
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 22

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by Johnt1997 » 1 week ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
Congrats on the procedure with a great surgeon (no bias here :straight-smile:)

I didn't even know that De Reys accepted to perform without shaving the patient's head, now I feel like I just went through a month of shaved head/buzz but for nothing :p. Did he ask extra money because of that?

Some people could say that 1000 grafts is not enough for that area but I trust De Reys when it comes to doing a great job with a small amount of grafts, he's known for being conservative. The work he's done seems clean and I think it should grown in quite nicely. Same with your donor area.

How is your recovery? Not too uncomfortable? It seems that for me the pain was somehow higher after each procedure. It's been almost two months since my third hair transplant and I think it's healed up nicely except for a lot of hair that have not shed (but are still dead) this time.

My fiancée is helping me getting them out with tweezers, I think it's mainly because I made the mistake of shaving the grafts quite rapidly after I removed the scabs. Anyway, I hope you get the result you hope for! :)
My recovery is going well, I've started gently washing hair over the weekend and recipient area is becoming a little less noticeable but still very conspicuous unless i wear my hair over it. I am confident that it will grow in well, the grafts look dense

No he didn't charge extra i don't think. It was €3000 for 1000. He had to shave the bottom of my head so i looked ridiculous for a few days until i could visit a barber to fix it.

Not felt much pain at all to be honest except a bit of discomfort the first night.

What have you had done for transplant 3? Are you trying to fill in your crown a bit now?

Added in 1 minute 42 seconds:
kj6723 wrote:
1 week ago
Congrats on taking this step

I think De Reys is one of the few top surgeons who does non-shaven, right? I believe GoldenMane on HairLossTalk also had an unshaven hair line procedure with him also using what seemed like a small number of grafts for the area. I imagine the nonshaven should make the first few months post op way more bearable.
Yeah man i was not brave enough to shave my head but i would most likely have to for any future transplant if required. I looked like an idiot for a few days with my haircut in the back but i got it faded on Friday and you can no longer tell anymore

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1541
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 3357
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

Johnt1997 wrote:
1 week ago
What have you had done for transplant 3? Are you trying to fill in your crown a bit now?
Here :):

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=73&start=75#p12247

User avatar
Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 68
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 109
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 22

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by Johnt1997 » 1 week ago

That is sick man. Youve pretty much gone from bald to a thick nw2. The most recent pic in particular looks very good.

User avatar
Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 68
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 109
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 22

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by Johnt1997 » 4 days ago

***Two week update***
I can now shower normally and all the scabbing has come out, i can now see the results of the graft planting more clearly. Shedding will begin to occur now
Attachments
20190416_110259-600x1230.jpg
20190416_110259-600x1230.jpg (125.93 KiB) Viewed 144 times
20190416_110239-600x1230.jpg
20190416_110239-600x1230.jpg (120.05 KiB) Viewed 144 times

User avatar
kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 315
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 711
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, dermastamp 1.5mm weekly, nizoral 1% whenever

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by kj6723 » 3 days ago

Johnt1997 wrote:
4 days ago
***Two week update***
I can now shower normally and all the scabbing has come out, i can now see the results of the graft planting more clearly. Shedding will begin to occur now
How many grafts per cm^2 is that? Is this considered a dense packing? I know Dey Reys has a reputation for being somewhat conservative but does he do 50-60 cm^2 packings when the situation calls for it?

User avatar
Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 68
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 109
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 22

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by Johnt1997 » 2 days ago

kj6723 wrote:
3 days ago
How many grafts per cm^2 is that? Is this considered a dense packing? I know Dey Reys has a reputation for being somewhat conservative but does he do 50-60 cm^2 packings when the situation calls for it?
I dont know to be honest but it looks pretty dense to me?

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1006
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1080
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by rclark » 2 days ago

It looks good. It's definitely much better than what it looked like before.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1006
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1080
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by rclark » 1 day ago

I actually have a stranged shaped head, and I didn't realize that a lot of transplant surgeons specialized in
non shaved hair transplants. I would never shave my head for a transplant, because even with a short buzz
cut, my weird head shape is visible.

Where is Dr. De Reyes. If you don't mind me asking, what was the price.

Finally, I have to ask the question a lot of guys here probably don't know (because their not in their late forties).

Will all the hair grow back. I'm close to fifty (2019 will be the year for me).

I really am concerned that at my age, the transplanted hair might not grow back. Am I just
being paranoid?

User avatar
pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 427
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 1195

Re: My photos - 1000 graft FUE with Dr. De Reys

Post by pjhair » 21 hours ago

rclark wrote:
1 day ago

Finally, I have to ask the question a lot of guys here probably don't know (because their not in their late forties).

Will all the hair grow back. I'm close to fifty (2019 will be the year for me).

I really am concerned that at my age, the transplanted hair might not grow back. Am I just
being paranoid?
How successful a transplant is depends heavily on an individuals physiology. I have seen people in their late sixties have excellent results. I have seen people in their twenties get bad results. I personally don't think you should avoid transplant because of your age. I am not a doctor so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest