Thinking about adding estrogen blockers for side effects

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Minoxidil 5% once ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week ..

Thinking about adding estrogen blockers for side effects

Post by Xexos » 1 month ago

I don't know man that gyno stuff is really messing up with my mind and the last thing i need now is this shit.

At the same time i can't afford getting off Finasteride as this will make me bald in like 3 years, which is obviously not good.

I honestly don't care that much about DHT as long as my testosterone is high and estrogen is low. But finasteride raises estrogen which causes really shitty side effects to sensitive individuals like myself. So i thought why not take estrogen blockers at the same time ? I'll start with Arimidex 0.25 MG daily (which is considered a low dose) and keep on with 1.25 MG Finasteride everyday.

I know this is gonna have some effects on my hair, but at least Finasteride will help and this is better than not being on Finasteride at all. And if Finasteride doesn't work well that much, Dutasteride is always an option and i don't have to worry about side effects such as gyno because i'm on estrogen blockers anyways.

What do you guys think ?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Thinking about adding estrogen blockers for side effects

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

Stan22 wrote:
1 month ago
I don't know man that gyno stuff is really messing up with my mind and the last thing i need now is this shit.

At the same time i can't afford getting off Finasteride as this will make me bald in like 3 years, which is obviously not good.

I honestly don't care that much about DHT as long as my testosterone is high and estrogen is low. But finasteride raises estrogen which causes really shitty side effects to sensitive individuals like myself. So i thought why not take estrogen blockers at the same time ? I'll start with Arimidex 0.25 MG daily (which is considered a low dose) and keep on with 1.25 MG Finasteride everyday.

I know this is gonna have some effects on my hair, but at least Finasteride will help and this is better than not being on Finasteride at all. And if Finasteride doesn't work well that much, Dutasteride is always an option and i don't have to worry about side effects such as gyno because i'm on estrogen blockers anyways.

What do you guys think ?
Can you afford them where you live?
They seem to cause a lot of side effects, I'd do a bit of research first. You might want to cycle them as well.

Buy the way, I forget what your answer was, are you on any other drugs?

Moob growth can be caused by too much estrogen, too little DHT ... or too much prolactin. Taking an estrogen blocker won't help you if you have a prolactin excess.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 1 month ago

do you have a low bodyfat? eat healthy and exercise enough? take zinc, vitamin e, b6?

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

I only used a little bit of topical Estrogen, in May of 2018 (.1%, or .001 topical).

Although I use 2% Progesterone, twice daily, the Estrogen started making my nipples erect.
This was all the time. I had more frequent erections, but they weren't as hard as before.

Estrogen is required to make erections in the male body, but the androgen proportion still
has to be much higher. There was an international study on this. Men actually have brain
cells dedicated to Estrogen control, and erections with Estrogen.

I stopped it a few weeks later. My erections weren't strong enough for penetration. Masturbation
was still possible though.

If I took Finasteride early in life (I started in my early forties), I think I would be a Norwood
one at this point in life. I'm almost fifty.

There's a much bigger variation of baldness among men in their forties, it's definitely more
obvious who suffers androgen baldness, versus who suffer only a little. The Norwood scales
usually are between four and six at that decade. The difference between men who take
a weaker anti androgen and Finasteride is much more pronounced. I have friends who started
in their twenties, and they qualify as "full heads" now.

The topical Progesterone only stopped my hair from falling out. By that, I mean all of my hair, so
it has to be systemic. My back and side hair also do not fall out. I only shed five hairs, and it appears
to be seasonal. I've been taking a high Progesterone dosage for almost three years now.

Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Minoxidil 5% once ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week ..

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
Can you afford them where you live?
They seem to cause a lot of side effects, I'd do a bit of research first. You might want to cycle them as well.

Buy the way, I forget what your answer was, are you on any other drugs?

Moob growth can be caused by too much estrogen, too little DHT ... or too much prolactin. Taking an estrogen blocker won't help you if you have a prolactin excess.
Yes i can afford them because i will be cutting the pill to 4 pieces (.25 mg) which will make it much cheaper.

I know about the side effects that's why i havr decided to get on a low dose to lower the risks.

About gyno, it's still not confirmed and i don't have any growth yet, but the symptoms are worrying me. I know that it has multiple causes, but estrogen is necessary for their growth and i will be cutting a decent amount of estrogen, which will at least prevent it from developing.

I already had too much dht so i don't think my dht is too low even after taking finasteride. I don't know about proclatine though.

Added in 1 minute 49 seconds:
koolaidshade wrote:
1 month ago
do you have a low bodyfat? eat healthy and exercise enough? take zinc, vitamin e, b6?
I would assume my body fat to be around 15% or something and i'm not fat at all.

What you suggest might help, but it wouldn't be enough to counter estrogen side effects.

Added in 5 minutes 16 seconds:
rclark wrote:
1 month ago
I only used a little bit of topical Estrogen, in May of 2018 (.1%, or .001 topical).

Although I use 2% Progesterone, twice daily, the Estrogen started making my nipples erect.
This was all the time. I had more frequent erections, but they weren't as hard as before.

Estrogen is required to make erections in the male body, but the androgen proportion still
has to be much higher. There was an international study on this. Men actually have brain
cells dedicated to Estrogen control, and erections with Estrogen.

I stopped it a few weeks later. My erections weren't strong enough for penetration. Masturbation
was still possible though.

If I took Finasteride early in life (I started in my early forties), I think I would be a Norwood
one at this point in life. I'm almost fifty.

There's a much bigger variation of baldness among men in their forties, it's definitely more
obvious who suffers androgen baldness, versus who suffer only a little. The Norwood scales
usually are between four and six at that decade. The difference between men who take
a weaker anti androgen and Finasteride is much more pronounced. I have friends who started
in their twenties, and they qualify as "full heads" now.

The topical Progesterone only stopped my hair from falling out. By that, I mean all of my hair, so
it has to be systemic. My back and side hair also do not fall out. I only shed five hairs, and it appears
to be seasonal. I've been taking a high Progesterone dosage for almost three years now.
My nipples erect a lot too.

Thing is, i can't really get off finasteride as i really need it, but i can't also have gyno because it's another beast.

I know estrogen is necessary for hair growth, but unfortunately i'm sensitive to it. Well at least i will be lowering my DHT with finasteride though. That's better than lowering estrogen AND DHT at the same time by getting off finasteride.

And i wish finasteride would be able to at least maintain my hair for a good amount of time.

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

Finasteride definitely can maintain a hair, and not just for younger guys either.

I have friends who take just one millgram daily, and they have a Norwood 1 hair line (
+ they're in their forties). To be fair, they started in their twenties.

Finasteride results are usually permanent. Progesterone isn't bad for keeping the
hair you have. For my own personal experience, it didn't alter my body like Estrogen
appeared to.

That said, Minoxidil can definitely take your hair further, if it is used with
an anti androgen. Otherwise, the results will eventually go away.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 1 month ago

rclark wrote:
1 month ago
I have friends who take just one millgram daily, and they have a Norwood 1 hair line (
+ they're in their forties). To be fair, they started in their twenties.
Are you sure they would have lost their hair without finasteride though? Maybe they would have never gone bald in the first place, or they had an extremely slow balding gene.
For those of us with aggressive balding finasteride is not always an option, or any hair loss medication for that sake. That said, I do believe a good portion of guys and some girls even will benefit from finasteride.
But I highly doubt finasteride will be able to maintain Norwood 1 hair for decades if the person taking it has a moderate or severe balding gene.

Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
Are you sure they would have lost their hair without finasteride though? Maybe they would have never gone bald in the first place, or they had an extremely slow balding gene.
For those of us with aggressive balding finasteride is not always an option, or any hair loss medication for that sake. That said, I do believe a good portion of guys and some girls even will benefit from finasteride.
But I highly doubt finasteride will be able to maintain Norwood 1 hair for decades if the person taking it has a moderate or severe balding gene.
I always wondered about something to be honest.

About women who lose hair. Why don't you just inject estrogen and eliminate all of your DHT (if you have any) and most of your testosterone ?

I've seen many guys restoring NW1 on tranny drugs or when they actually transition, but that's insane because you know the side effects men would get when they take feminizing drugs. But that shouldn't be a problem for women because you're female in the first place ?

Is there are any side effects for you if you inject estrogen ? We men inject testosterone and take steriods with not many problems, but can't women do the opposite and inject estrogen ?

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Stan22 wrote:
1 month ago

About women who lose hair. Why don't you just inject estrogen and eliminate all of your DHT (if you have any) and most of your testosterone ?

I've seen many guys restoring NW1 on tranny drugs or when they actually transition, but that's insane because you know the side effects men would get when they take feminizing drugs. But that shouldn't be a problem for women because you're female in the first place ?

Is there are any side effects for you if you inject estrogen ? We men inject testosterone and take steriods with not many problems, but can't women do the opposite and inject estrogen ?
I have no idea. I got my doctor to put me on a high estrogen birth control pill once but she was reluctant because of the risk of blood cloths. I don't know if the same goes for tranny drugs. Anyway, I highly doubt any doctor would prescribe tranny drugs to a born woman...

Edit: I have tried spironolactone, don't know if that's considered a feminizing drug? Anyway, it didn't help. I was on it for nearly 2 years.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

Stan22 wrote:
1 month ago

People have tried this and the success rate is not universal. That suggests that there might be a separate path to baldness, that is independent of the DHT pathway.

Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
I have no idea. I got my doctor to put me on a high estrogen birth control pill once but she was reluctant because of the risk of blood cloths. I don't know if the same goes for tranny drugs. Anyway, I highly doubt any doctor would prescribe tranny drugs to a born woman...

Edit: I have tried spironolactone, don't know if that's considered a feminizing drug? Anyway, it didn't help. I was on it for nearly 2 years.
Doctors sometimes are morons to be honest, that's why i just do my own thing and take advice from my friends online or from experienced members here.

I'm sorry for your bad experience with spironolactone, it sucks when a treatment so needed doesn't work.

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
People have tried this and the success rate is not universal. That suggests that there might be a separate path to baldness, that is independent of the DHT pathway.
Baldness is really complex and it needs much more research before they even consider curing it.

The real problem with the baldness cure is not the cost or anything, it's the lack of knowledge and ignorance.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Stan22 wrote:
1 month ago
The real problem with the baldness cure is not the cost or anything, it's the lack of knowledge and ignorance.
I'm starting to wonder if there's a conspiracy to not cure hair loss, to make the poor hair loss sufferers pay for treatments that give mediocre results at best. Like, why is it so hard to cure, and why is it always 5 years away?

Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
I'm starting to wonder if there's a conspiracy to not cure hair loss, to make the poor hair loss sufferers pay for treatments that give mediocre results at best. Like, why is it so hard to cure, and why is it always 5 years away?
I thought the same too, but when i saw rich and powerful people like celebs and prince William and even the top elite going bald, i knew that it hasn't been cured yet or all those people wouldn't have been bald because they would know it if cure exists.

I think it's just that society is bluepilled about baldness like "just shave it bro!", "women dig bald guys bro!", "it's no big deal bro!", etc. And that no one actually gives a fuck about us to be honest. When i was a fullhead i didn't give 2 fucks about bald people nor did i ever think about baldness because i didn't truly understand the impact of hair loss and how much does hair worth and i just took my hair for granted until the Norwood Reaper paid me a visit.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Stan22 wrote:
1 month ago
I thought the same too, but when i saw rich and powerful people like celebs and prince William and even the top elite going bald, i knew that it hasn't been cured yet or all those people wouldn't have been bald because they would know it if cure exists.

I think it's just that society is bluepilled about baldness like "just shave it bro!", "women dig bald guys bro!", "it's no big deal bro!", etc. And that no one actually gives a fuck about us to be honest. When i was a fullhead i didn't give 2 fucks about bald people nor did i ever think about baldness because i didn't truly understand the impact of hair loss and how much does hair worth and i just took my hair for granted until the Norwood Reaper paid me a visit.
I don't think a cure exists either. I was just thinking that companies might not be interested in putting money into research for a hair loss cure because if they find the end-all cure, nobody would use current treatments anymore...
It's kinda like cancer research - there's more money in treatments rather than a cure. Of course this is just speculation, and finding cures to hair loss and cancer is probably a lot more complex. Still, you can't help but think what if...
Anyway, I did not give a fuck about hair loss or hair loss sufferers until I went bald either. Or it was more like I just did not notice, because I never had to deal with it myself. I guess you have to learn the hard way in life.
For a period there I was kinda like Elliot Rodger only I was jealous of people with hair, I mean I never wanted to kill people haha but I would be boiling with rage inside every time I saw people with perfect hair, especially older men with Norwood 1's.
Now it has calmed down, and I just cope.

Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
I don't think a cure exists either. I was just thinking that companies might not be interested in putting money into research for a hair loss cure because if they find the end-all cure, nobody would use current treatments anymore...
It's kinda like cancer research - there's more money in treatments rather than a cure. Of course this is just speculation, and finding cures to hair loss and cancer is probably a lot more complex. Still, you can't help but think what if...
Anyway, I did not give a fuck about hair loss or hair loss sufferers until I went bald either. Or it was more like I just did not notice, because I never had to deal with it myself. I guess you have to learn the hard way in life.
For a period there I was kinda like Elliot Rodger only I was jealous of people with hair, I mean I never wanted to kill people haha but I would be boiling with rage inside every time I saw people with perfect hair, especially older men with Norwood 1's.
Now it has calmed down, and I just cope.
Yeah exactly, it's not that they can't make a cure, it's that they DON'T want to make a cure.

It would just take much time and money and it's not that profitable.

I would be okay with a treatment that you have to take your whole life though, but only if it's actually guaranteed to work and doesn't have side effects that alone could ruin lives beside hair loss itself.

I was the same like you to be honest. Well you know me since HTL and how i was angry and edgy all the time, so it's common for hair loss sufferers to be this at first i think. I now don't care to be honest, i also just cope, but i haven't given up yet. I won't finally give up until i become bald or something, and even then i would try transplants. I sometimes wonder how it would be to live without hair loss to be honest. I wouldn't have to pay all my money on treatments and i wouldn't have to stress about it, and i wouldn't even know what incel means, i would just be able to live like normal people my age.

I actually have many passions and goals that i want to accomplish in life. I want to study, work, looks-maxx, become rich, etc. But fucking hair loss is always stuck on the back of my head. It's like chains holding you back when you try to move forward and improve your life.

Fuck hair loss.