NW0 guy disrespected me yesterday

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

NW0 guy disrespected me yesterday

Post by supremegentleman » 5 months ago

So I was waiting for something yesterday and this NW0 guy entered the building, He had a great haircut, his hair was styled to perfection, it was thick and fluffy and above all he had no sign of any temporal recession, perfect square hair line, true NW0. So we were sitting next to each other and at one point his girlfriend joined him, they started talking and shit but the first thing she did was to start playing with his hair. It continued for ten minutes straight. It felt like the world was mocking me.

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Nothing

Re: NW0 guy disrespected me yesterday

Post by justin » 5 months ago

So, where is the part where he disrespected you?
Even when I’m lying on my back I’m never backing down.

Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 5 months ago

Can relate. The other day during a break I was talking with a colleague and his girlfriend. Out of nowhere they start to talk about what they'd do if he started balding.
"But, I can't see it if I start to bald on top of my head." he said.
"Don't worry. I'll let you know" she replied while running her fingers through his hair.
I felt like they were mocking me, and my stomach turned. I'm usually able to either somehow make fun of it or change the subject in situations like that. But I was unable to think of anything. Were they mocking me right infront of my face? All I could do was excuse myself and go to the bathroom.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 5 months ago

Pat wrote:
5 months ago
Can relate. The other day during a break I was talking with a colleague and his girlfriend. Out of nowhere they start to talk about what they'd do if he started balding.
"Don't worry. I'll let you know" she replied while running her fingers through his hair.
I felt like they were mocking me, and my stomach turned. I'm usually able to either somehow make fun of it or change the subject in situations like that. But I was unable to think of anything. Were they mocking me right infront of my face? All I could do was excuse myself and go to the bathroom.
Brutal.

You need to build up the courage for a stronger reaction than cucking off to the bathroom

~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Rudiger wrote:
5 months ago
Brutal.

You need to build up the courage for a stronger reaction than cucking off to the bathroom

The thing is that there's no way to know if they were talking about balding to mock me or just randomly. They could just deny that it was to mock me even if it was, then if I were to sperg out over it I'd look like an insecure retard. Like in OP post, there's no winning in that situation. I could have handled it better for sure, but it hit me by surprise as me and my colleague usually talk during breaks and baldness have never come up. I blame the femoid.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Rudiger » 5 months ago

Pat wrote:
5 months ago
The thing is that there's no way to know if they were talking about balding to mock me or just randomly. They could just deny that it was to mock me even if it was, then if I were to sperg out over it I'd look like an insecure retard. Like in OP post, there's no winning in that situation. I could have handled it better for sure, but it hit me by surprise as me and my colleague usually talk during breaks and baldness have never come up. I blame the femoid.
I see what you're saying but how can they deny anything at all with their brains splattered all over your face? Did you even see the gif?

Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Rudiger wrote:
5 months ago
I see what you're saying but how can they deny anything at all with their brains splattered all over your face? Did you even see the gif?
That's true. I need to invite them over to listen to my Huey Lewis and the News collection.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 5 months ago

I feel like if I only had more hair I would achieve much more in my life. Like becoming a doctor and saving lives or becoming an academic. Yet my mind has been destroyed by this disease and it occupies my thoughts 24/7. Truely there is no escape.

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Nothing

Post by justin » 5 months ago

Pat wrote:
5 months ago
This is one of those cases where I'm actually glad that I have an ENTP personality type. I was blessed with quick wit and it's pretty difficult to outsmart me.

I would probably say "don't worry bro.. if hair had any value, it wouldn't grow on your ass" or "I'll make sure to get you a wig when that day comes, just like (name some funny actor who's a notorious wearer)".

Added in 34 minutes 10 seconds:
Pat wrote:
5 months ago
Rudiger wrote:
5 months ago
Pat wrote:
5 months ago
That's true. I need to invite them over to listen to my Huey Lewis and the News collection.
It's called a sneak diss. You become aware of it yet it's subtle enough to make you look crazy if you act offended. Even if you're a fullhead you're never safe from being sneak dissed - people could always target your clothes, profession, car, house, whatever. You always gotta be ready.
Even when I’m lying on my back I’m never backing down.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 5 months ago

The human race is full of morons.
embrace pansexuality

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 5 months ago

supremegentleman wrote:
5 months ago
I feel like if I only had more hair I would achieve much more in my life. Like becoming a doctor and saving lives or becoming an academic. Yet my mind has been destroyed by this disease and it occupies my thoughts 24/7. Truely there is no escape.
Most Academics are idiots and it truly is one of the few jobs in existence that you can get via simply applying yourself and making the most of offers that most universities consistently have available. You get the job by literally putting your hand up an looks are the last consideration in the world for becoming one. Same with being a doctor, in most countries you're virtually guaranteed a job as a doctor if you have a medical degree, which only requires good grades and perhaps money to study.

Honestly not sure if you're trolling because there are hundreds of better examples. Literally any corporate, or customer/client facing job in existence.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 5 months ago

This thread is 1:1 stolen from the incel Forums.

"This guy mogged me so much omfg!!! I'm gonna rope guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys"

That said. I had a Job interview in 2016 with a guy that was more or less in the same age than me. Maybe 1-2 years older.
It was at that time when my girlfriend just left me, my hair loss was eating me alive and I was getting chubby from drinking on the weekends.

The guy had: Full head of thick hair, a perfect Chad face, very good body and now the best part, I could see pictures of his girlfriend in his office. Some travelling pictures. At least an 8/10 girlfriend. I was thinking at that time if its just way easier for good looking people to be successful. And I'm sure it is. The same guy would probably tell his 3/10 male friend that is suicidal, to just smile more or something. Glad I didn't get the Job and the people here, are all ugly or overweight.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 5 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
5 months ago
This thread is 1:1 stolen from the incel Forums.

"This guy mogged me so much omfg!!! I'm gonna rope guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys"

That said. I had a Job interview in 2016 with a guy that was more or less in the same age than me. Maybe 1-2 years older.
It was at that time when my girlfriend just left me, my hairloss was eating me alive and I was getting chubby from drinking on the weekends.

The guy had: Full head of thick hair, a perfect Chad face, very good body and now the best part, I could see pictures of his girlfriend in his office. Some travelling pictures. At least an 8/10 girlfriend. I was thinking at that time if its just way easier for good looking people to be successful. And I'm sure it is. The same guy would probably tell his 3/10 male friend that is suicidal, to just smile more or something. Glad I didn't get the Job and the people here, are all ugly or overweight.
You had an interview with Wolf Pack? Are you a nurse as well?

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Rudiger » 4 months ago

justin wrote:
5 months ago
I would probably say "don't worry bro.. if hair had any value, it wouldn't grow on your ass" or "I'll make sure to get you a wig when that day comes, just like (name some funny actor who's a notorious wearer)".
So, just making sure, you've tried saying these things in real life? And it went well?

Oh God, @Admin and some others may remember a poster called cocohot who would encourage baldites getting made fun of in social situations (these stories were all the rage circa 2016/17) to "stop being a pussy and stand up for yourself! Make fun of them back! Just say anything and make people laugh at them!"

Yeah no- I can't imagine this ever, ever truly working. If you said either of those things you suggested, couples reaction:

And here's a thread about it where I reply regurgitating the same things I'm saying now:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1594795

And the reason I'm saying it repeatedly? Firstly I don't want some poor guy to try this, because it's fucking ridiculous. And secondly, I don't think the people preaching this behaviour (you) have ever actually tried it, and if they have, they'll learn a lesson not to do it again.

Your first insult would just imply that you have a hairy ass and you think that's normal for someone else to have it, when you don't know anything about his ass, it also brings up that you're thinking about it, which is weird. It reminds me of the "yo momma" jokes I brought up in that thread, pointless insults about something you know nothing about, which means they are null and void.

The second insult, which "funny actor" would you say? You couldn't even think of one when writing out a post, never mind in a real life situation. Most of us bald forum types would probably think of someone who isn't even famous for wearing a wig, and normies wouldn't have a clue what we're talking about.

"I'll make sure to get you a wig when that day comes, just like George Clooney!!!1 Hah! Gotchya!".

And then they think you're a weird balding guy and go off to have sex and forget about you.

On top of that, if the guy you're insulting is dense NW1, when exactly is that day coming?

There's no way around this, there's nothing you can say when being bald shamed, the only thing you can do is be meek, and hope for sympathy. You can hope that in a situation such as this, you'll shy away from the insult and just hope that the person insulting you comes off as a materialistic douchebag, this is not at all guaranteed, but it's the only hope. You need to make people aware that you're sensitive about your hair loss, that is your only hope of it not being a recurring joke.

Acknowledging the insult and giving shit back? "Oh he's cool about his baldness, we can make fun of that". Don't be fucking retarded.

And that's the best possible reaction to you giving shit back, the more plausible one is the tumbleweed I expressed above, and behind your back they'll talk about how you seem like a frustrated baldite, possibly even aggressive.

In this situation with Pat, I can't fucking imagine the advice you just gave him actually playing out in real life. They would of course deny ever trying to mock him, he'd look like a total nutcase, and of course- maybe they weren't mocking him! People in love tend to be totally insensitive to others around them, they are just infatuated with each other. This is no excuse for such behaviour, but that's what happens.

But in general, if you have to say anything at all (which you don't, I would encourage meekly moving on the conversation, while showing you're uncomfortable with being made fun of for something that's beyond your control) you could go beyond serious, and remind them that they are making fun of something that's beyond your control. I have done this in ways, likening the humour to laughing at someone with down syndrome, it puts it in perspective, you shouldn't laugh at people's flaws when they can't do anything about it. The comparison to laughing at disabled people in particular means it really comes off as insensitive, that the person attacking is a bully and laughing at the defenceless.

And I mean "defenceless" because you are defenceless, that's the whole point, you can't do shit about it, you can't talk about a guy's hairy ass or talk about some wig wearer, you can't fucking talk about "LOL you'll be a bald freak like me one day too! Then I'll buy you a wig! Then the joke's on you! Because somehow if that even happens and I have no earthly idea if it will then that makes up for all the years I'm currently losing being a bald freak! LOL gotchya there haven't I?!" :D

Sorry I got lost in how much of an insanely stupid insult that would be.

But you are defenceless for a reason, in the same way that you wouldn't make fun of someone missing an arm, what the fuck is someone going to respond with? They are missing a fucking arm, what can they possibly say, you are missing/losing your hair, why should you be expected to come up with some witty comeback?

It will just lead to further insults, and you'll regret it.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
4 months ago
So, just making sure, you've tried saying these things in real life? And it went well?

Oh God, admin and some others may remember a poster called cocohot who would encourage baldites getting made fun of in social situations (these stories were all the rage circa 2016/17) to "stop being a pussy and stand up for yourself! Make fun of them back! Just say anything and make people laugh at them!"

Yeah no- I can't imagine this ever, ever truly working. If you said either of those things you suggested, couples reaction:

And here's a thread about it where I reply regurgitating the same things I'm saying now:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1594795

And the reason I'm saying it repeatedly? Firstly I don't want some poor guy to try this, because it's fucking ridiculous. And secondly, I don't think the people preaching this behaviour (you) have ever actually tried it, and if they have, they'll learn a lesson not to do it again.

Your first insult would just imply that you have a hairy ass and you think that's normal for someone else to have it, when you don't know anything about his ass, it also brings up that you're thinking about it, which is weird. It reminds me of the "yo momma" jokes I brought up in that thread, pointless insults about something you know nothing about, which means they are null and void.

The second insult, which "funny actor" would you say? You couldn't even think of one when writing out a post, never mind in a real life situation. Most of us bald forum types would probably think of someone who isn't even famous for wearing a wig, and normies wouldn't have a clue what we're talking about.

"I'll make sure to get you a wig when that day comes, just like George Clooney!!!1 Hah! Gotchya!".

And then they think you're a weird balding guy and go off to have sex and forget about you.

On top of that, if the guy you're insulting is dense NW1, when exactly is that day coming?

There's no way around this, there's nothing you can say when being bald shamed, the only thing you can do is be meek, and hope for sympathy. You can hope that in a situation such as this, you'll shy away from the insult and just hope that the person insulting you comes off as a materialistic douchebag, this is not at all guaranteed, but it's the only hope. You need to make people aware that you're sensitive about your hair loss, that is your only hope of it not being a recurring joke.

Acknowledging the insult and giving shit back? "Oh he's cool about his baldness, we can make fun of that". Don't be fucking retarded.

And that's the best possible reaction to you giving shit back, the more plausible one is the tumbleweed I expressed above, and behind your back they'll talk about how you seem like a frustrated baldite, possibly even aggressive.

In this situation with Pat, I can't fucking imagine the advice you just gave him actually playing out in real life. They would of course deny ever trying to mock him, he'd look like a total nutcase, and of course- maybe they weren't mocking him! People in love tend to be totally insensitive to others around them, they are just infatuated with each other. This is no excuse for such behaviour, but that's what happens.

But in general, if you have to say anything at all (which you don't, I would encourage meekly moving on the conversation, while showing you're uncomfortable with being made fun of for something that's beyond your control) you could go beyond serious, and remind them that they are making fun of something that's beyond your control. I have done this in ways, likening the humour to laughing at someone with down syndrome, it puts it in perspective, you shouldn't laugh at people's flaws when they can't do anything about it. The comparison to laughing at disabled people in particular means it really comes off as insensitive, that the person attacking is a bully and laughing at the defenceless.

And I mean "defenceless" because you are defenceless, that's the whole point, you can't do shit about it, you can't talk about a guy's hairy ass or talk about some wig wearer, you can't fucking talk about "LOL you'll be a bald freak like me one day too! Then I'll buy you a wig! Then the joke's on you! Because somehow if that even happens and I have no earthly idea if it will then that makes up for all the years I'm currently losing being a bald freak! LOL gotchya there haven't I?!" :D

Sorry I got lost in how much of an insanely stupid insult that would be.

But you are defenceless for a reason, in the same way that you wouldn't make fun of someone missing an arm, what the fuck is someone going to respond with? They are missing a fucking arm, what can they possibly say, you are missing/losing your hair, why should you be expected to come up with some witty comeback?

It will just lead to further insults, and you'll regret it.
That is a high-quality post.

I would like to add to your analysis.

1) The whole concept of planning out an effective insult / comeback in the abstract is completely foolish, and to submit it as an idea is to demonstrate that one has no understanding of people. The truth is that a cutting insult is a lot like a powerful compliment -- in order to be effective, and meaningful, it needs to be specific to that person (among other requirements). There is no way for us here to suggest the generally effective comeback, as there is no such generally effective comeback, and we do not know the person who made the attack.

If you want to take down that person, you would have to zero in on some combination of their weaknesses and their insecurities (which may or may not be the same things). A generic insult has little value, similarly to how a generic compliment has no value.

2) Similarly to compliments (again), you don't want to shoot insults guns blazing away all of the time. You have to pick your spots. They have to be targeted not just in content (point #1) but also in time.

You do not want to respond to every affront, it will make you look like you have no sense of humor, like you are insecure, and in general people will respond by just wanting to not deal with you at all.

It is also bad on your own psyche. It is not healthy to challenge everything, and to ruminate over every affront.

Added in 19 minutes 55 seconds:
JLBB wrote:
5 months ago
Most Academics are idiots and it truly is one of the few jobs in existence that you can get via simply applying yourself and making the most of offers that most universities consistently have available. You get the job by literally putting your hand up an looks are the last consideration in the world for becoming one. Same with being a doctor, in most countries you're virtually guaranteed a job as a doctor if you have a medical degree, which only requires good grades and perhaps money to study.

Honestly not sure if you're trolling because there are hundreds of better examples. Literally any corporate, or customer/client facing job in existence.
Yeah, no.

With respect to both academia and medicine, we know that it's not always easy as the vast majority of people who wish to pursue those professions do not succeed in doing so. For example, the medical school at the University of McMaster medical school has a 6% acceptance rate, and the mean GPA of those who get in is 3.87/4.00:
https://mdprogram.mcmaster.ca/docs/defa ... f?sfvrsn=2
Getting a 3.87/4.00 while meeting medical school pre-reqs is no cakewalk. It requires not just good grades, but good grades in a large number of pre-med schools. The applicants also go in for interviews and have to demonstrate that they are well-rounded. The person who simply studies all of the time will be less likely to get in.

Similarly with academia, though the latter follows a different survival function. Relative to medicine, it's somewhat easier to get into academia, and somewhat harder to stay in academia. The people that I know who have left academia have most often gone into corporate jobs in finance/tech/consulting, which they have found easier. That said, there's a selection function there: of course the people who leave academia are more likely to have more fun outside of academia.

A friend of mine left [redacted: major internet company] for a job as a professor. I asked him why he did it, given that he complains that he makes a lot less money, and that his current job takes more hours of work and leaves him more likely to be fired. There are two reasons why he made the change. First, he finds the academic job more interesting -- there is something rewarding about studying nature and learning things that nobody has ever learned before. Second, in the long run it will end up easier. He said that academics work harder in their 30s and early 40s, but people in the corporate sector work harder in their 50s and 60s, and have less security at that stage as well.

I know the guy well. He works hard and he's methodical. One of his nicknames a few years ago was "The T-1000." He only ever eats raw fruits and vegetables for lunch. He structures each of his sentences perfectly or nearly perfectly. His clothes are always ironed. For his two best academic jobs, he was the person hired from selections that included over 200 applicants. He likely faced a similar competition at [redacted: major internet company].

In all cases, looks can go a long way once you are in the field. It helps to be better looking than your peers. You'll make friends more easily, people will be more inclined to listen to you, you'll be placed in leadership positions more easily, it will help you give better talks, et cetera. What I have anecdotally noticed is that the faculty at Harvard look better than the faculty at smaller colleges. They're smarter too, but the former selects for people who have *every* or *nearly every* advantage. It's like the olympics: The person who finishes first likely had multiple of the best genetics, best effort level, best coaching, best luck in not getting injured, and best steroids.
Last edited by Afro_Vacancy 4 months ago, edited 2 times in total.