We are fucked - Short bald guy gets destroyed on dating show

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: We are fucked - Short bald guy gets destroyed on dating show

Post by JasonStatham » 4 days ago

Arjen wrote:
4 days ago
Well, she gives you a 10, so I'm 3 points below an obese cunt who uses filters for his hair :arrow: rope. :cry:
Filters are for coping man.

Cope or rope

Added in 10 minutes 32 seconds:
Many people rate Arjen a 7. We can be very harsh and say, he is a 6.5.
So why after years of Tinder, he never gets the looks matches? I'm always suspicious when people say they get their looks matches on Tinder because not once in real life I have seen a proof of that. Of course, Arjen is very harsh in rating and I would say, you can usually add +0,5 SMV to every girl he rates. But people saying they get even some 8s when they aren't themselves an 8, is a fucking lie and I don't get it why you have to lie on a topic like this. Nothing to be ashamed to get no matches from the super hotties.

Mostly guys date below their SMV and saying things like: "Nah she is not that bad...at least she is thin" or "Well a big nose isn't a big of a deal anyway."

kj6723
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, dermastamp, nizoral

Post by kj6723 » 4 days ago

Arjen wrote:
4 days ago
This is why in the example brought up by kj6723 it would be interesting what the guy's face looks like.
With regards to Tinder I'm still unsure what to think as to how conclusive the likes you get there are for your SMV. If they are an indicator for mine, it's fucked up to a degree that I've no hope whatsoever left. Again, ready to upload anyone's pics to see how they (or a guy they know) fare, then tell me if that reflects their SMV.
He’s also chubby. His face is fine but doesn’t stand out or anything. Really he just looks like your typical bald clone to me. Teeth appear to be nice though.

Would be interesting to post some pics for us to dissect but I’d rather not get in that habit

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 4 days ago

JasonStatham wrote:
4 days ago
Filters are for coping man.

Cope or rope

Added in 10 minutes 32 seconds:
Many people rate Arjen a 7. We can be very harsh and say, he is a 6.5.
So why after years of Tinder, he never gets the looks matches? I'm always suspicious when people say they get their looks matches on Tinder because not once in real life I have seen a proof of that. Of course, Arjen is very harsh in rating and I would say, you can usually add +0,5 SMV to every girl he rates. But people saying they get even some 8s when they aren't themselves an 8, is a fucking lie and I don't get it why you have to lie on a topic like this. Nothing to be ashamed to get no matches from the super hotties.

Mostly guys date below their SMV and saying things like: "Nah she is not that bad...at least she is thin" or "Well a big nose isn't a big of a deal anyway."
To be fair, and I’m really being honest and truly not fishing here: anyone rating me a 5 would be within what I’d still consider perfectly reasonable. Message being: yes, I’m critical, but towards everyone.

That being said: all Tinder matches I know are mismatches, with the guy being the better looking part. All of them. I agree with you that often guys are more lenient, have a lower physical-attractiveness-threshold than women (or me), so if she’s cool, that’s fine, she’s attractive enough after all.

The threshold in my (admittedly rather harsh) scale for a woman is a 6 (this is not conscious, this is me trying to rationalize and observe my behavior and actions), give or take, with 7s tantamount to really pretty girls that I consider clearly above myself looks-wise. On Tinder, I’ve barely matched with a 6 (my looksmatch in my view), one 7 and never higher – and we’re talking years here. If I matched with 6s, I’d be on dates regularly, especially if they seem eager and smartish. In my experience, a woman who is 1-2 points lower than you on the looks-scale has your SMV, and that’s even including them being reasonable about not being able to tie down Chads. Hence, if I were an 8, I could date women I find attractive and who’d even be eager. Being a 6 or 6.5 per se seems fine, but it’s misleading, especially in online dating.
I also remember Johnson’s posts on HairLossTalk. If we agree that looks are the starting point, I was mildly shocked at what he called his looksmatches, given he’s easily a 6.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

I don't even know why we have to discuss this topic endlessly. They are studies from OkCupid and a few others, that shows that women rate men in Online Dates site VERY HARSH. The 80/20 rule you can argue about that, but it does goe in that kind of direction. To say this is all bullshit is just downward crazy and you simply close your eyes and ears and yell: "lalalalala not true" like a leftie denying facts.

If we all know this above, how could this not affect the market?
It all goes down to hypergamy and Tinder is MADE FOR PLEASING THAT. Also a fact.
The CEO of TInder and most employees are women. That's also a fact.
Eggs are more important than sperm. That's also a fact.
Men are 50 times more thirsty, that's also a fact.

The list could go on and on.

And now all these factors have 0 impacts on Tinder? lol? Give me a break.

You can outplay hypergamy on Dating sites when you play "niche" game as I call it. For example, you going to China (hello @Johnson how is your hair transplant doing?) as a white man. You are now in demand. You switched the rules cause you simply are a rarity now. This is also a fact.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JasonStatham wrote:
4 days ago
I don't even know why we have to discuss this topic endlessly. They are studies from OkCupid and a few others, that shows that women rate men in Online Dates site VERY HARSH. The 80/20 rule you can argue about that, but it does goe in that kind of direction. To say this is all bullshit is just downward crazy and you simply close your eyes and ears and yell: "lalalalala not true" like a leftie denying facts.

If we all know this above, how could this not affect the market?
It all goes down to hypergamy and Tinder is MADE FOR PLEASING THAT. Also a fact.
The CEO of TInder and most employees are women. That's also a fact.
Eggs are more important than sperm. That's also a fact.
Men are 50 times more thirsty, that's also a fact.

The list could go on and on.

And now all these factors have 0 impacts on Tinder? lol? Give me a break.

You can outplay hypergamy on Dating sites when you play "niche" game as I call it. For example, you going to China (hello @Johnson how is your hair transplant doing?) as a white man. You are now in demand. You switched the rules cause you simply are a rarity now. This is also a fact.
Haha, yes, fighting the odds is tiresome as hell, especially if you aren't a born fighter like myself.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Arjen wrote:
4 days ago
Haha, yes, fighting the odds is tiresome as hell, especially if you aren't a born fighter like myself.
On my Tinder time, I had such a hate for women sometimes. But I knew it was just down to the App.
I met one time a woman that was such a bitch on Tinder and in real life, she was so sweet and I still have her on Facebook.
But some people would call a guy that makes the same mistakes over and over something different than a fighter :lol:

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JasonStatham wrote:
4 days ago
On my Tinder time, I had such a hate for women sometimes. But I knew it was just down to the App.
I met one time a woman that was such a bitch on Tinder and in real life, she was so sweet and I still have her on Facebook.
But some people would call a guy that makes the same mistakes over and over something different than a fighter :lol:
But you are seriously confusing me here. My stance (partly cope, partly actual experience/observation) is that real life is not an altogether different story than Tinder, but that you’re less stuck with women considerably to slightly less attractive than yourself. Didn’t you, however, recently state that the cap you are facing online is equal to the one in real life, meaning you got 7s (or occasional 8s) through either channels, therefore ultimately agreeing with admin?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 4 days ago

JasonStatham wrote:
4 days ago
The best I can offer as a counterargument here is my own experience with Tinder, which kept getting better until I stopped flat to become exclusive with my fiancée.

Great dates with adorable and cute girls. But I've tried to keep that attitude despite the many disappointments and frustration, and it used to happen a lot. Online and offline by the way.

I've come to learn that it's simply the human condition, life sucks, dating sucks, everything is hard and you usually only learn through pain and repeated mistakes.

Good luck meeting a guy not harboring one bit of resentment towards women in some manner. Chad included by the way. My 9/10 cousin used to complain about that one bitch that hurt him.

To each their own regarding how they go about their dating life, but some aspects are universal, we're all fighting against the odds, especially as men. But as I've said, it's the human condition, hot women can struggle to find the man they want too (no incel rage please :p).
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp - Last hair transplant: ~1000 grafts on crown area (February 2019)

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Arjen wrote:
4 days ago
But you are seriously confusing me here. My stance (partly cope, partly actual experience/observation) is that real life is not an altogether different story than Tinder, but that you’re less stuck with women considerably to slightly less attractive than yourself. Didn’t you, however, recently state that the cap you are facing online is equal to the one in real life, meaning you got 7s (or occasional 8s) through either channels, therefore ultimately agreeing with admin?
I liked whole Switzerland. And I'm not kidding. I swiped right to anything. And I just got once an in my view 8. That is just pure luck and I played niche Game as well. She likes tattoo guys that listen to Metal. Most of my matches are more or less like yours without a hat on
Which means: Between 3 and 6 are about 98%.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 4 days ago

Admin wrote:
4 days ago
But as I've said, it's the human condition, hot women can struggle to find the man they want too (no incel rage please :p).
This. I have a legit 9/10 friend who looks like a younger Jessica Alba and she has been single for like 5 years straight now. She's constantly hooking up with men (or boys, she likes them younger xD) but can never seem to find someone who likes her enough to wanna settle. Might have something to do with that she fancies 17-21 year old boys (she's 26), but nevertheless, they always leave before things get serious. Then I have female friends who's like 4-6/10 who has long since settled down with their fiancé or husband, even having kids.
Anyway, I can't believe we're both engaged Fred, a few years ago none of us would have dreamed of this haha.

Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 4 days ago

EvilLocks wrote:
4 days ago
This. I have a legit 9/10 friend who looks like a younger Jessica Alba and she has been single for like 5 years straight now. She's constantly hooking up with men (or boys, she likes them younger xD) but can never seem to find someone who likes her enough to wanna settle. Might have something to do with that she fancies 17-21 year old boys (she's 26), but nevertheless, they always leave before things get serious. Then I have female friends who's like 4-6/10 who has long since settled down with their fiancé or husband, even having kids.
Anyway, I can't believe we're both engaged Fred, a few years ago none of us would have dreamed of this haha.
Fuck off be happy somewhere else

i'm joking. good for u guys

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

EvilLocks wrote:
4 days ago

Make some white babies. The biological clock is ticking :)

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 4 days ago

JasonStatham wrote:
4 days ago
Make some white babies. The biological clock is ticking :)
Lmao. Fertility starts declining seriously around 35. That's nearly 10 years from now. I think I have enough time, that said, babies are a natural progression after the wedding, which will happen this spring. But yeah, none of your business really, at least be educated before you make a statement :) Don't worry bout me, I am fine, my ovaries and eggs are fine I had them checked out :lol:

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 4 days ago

EvilLocks wrote:
4 days ago
babies are a natural progression after the wedding
More people need to realize this. Too many children being born out of wedlock creates a ton of the present problems we face, in general. Children before marriage is cart before horse.

One of the best things anyone can do for themselves with dating is delete Tinder apps and the like. I've never bothered with them and do not regret it.

Your goal in life should not be to fuck as many random "Chads" or "Stacys" as you can. It should be to find the one best fit to live a life and start a family with. The modern trend of online dating and sex-crazed pop culture just promotes a lifestyle of hedonism.

Oh sure, that's great at first, but the end result is inevitably catladies and 50-year-old man children who collect video game consoles.

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » 4 days ago

That Guy wrote:
4 days ago
Your goal in life should not be to fuck as many random "Chads" or "Stacys" as you can. It should be to find the one best fit to live a life and start a family with. The modern trend of online dating and sex-crazed pop culture just promotes a lifestyle of hedonism.
When one has the option to sleep around one usually feels different about the whole restrictive married with kids scenario.
Some folks just aren't excited by this socially constructed prison that we call marriage.
Ban the lipstick tax!