Trichostimulation: reddit Derminator guy was a scammer

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
layabout
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: dermarolling/minoxidil/microdose finasteride

Trichostimulation: reddit Derminator guy was a scammer

Post by layabout » 8 months ago

This guy is calling his hair regrowth system "trichostimulation", superior to minoxidil and finasteride:

https://myhair.life/

@Admin

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: Trichostimulation: reddit Derminator guy was a scammer

Post by Admin » 8 months ago

It's in those moments that it's really, really hard for me not to :lol: and say "I told you so".

So this [mention]74775446[/mention] guy deleted his reddit thread, his pictures on Hairlosstalk and on here, and now has his own generic scam website to sell his dermapen along with a "magic serum".

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comm ... dermanpen/

And again, naive as I am and always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, I even defended the guy: "nothing wrong with putting an Amazon affiliate link to make some money while you help people!"

So I guess this is case study number 747, always take what you see on hair loss forums with a grain of salt.

And unsurprisingly, some members in the HairlossTalk thread just can't let it go:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1753867

"I still believe he was telling the truth, this doesn't mean anything, etc", the usual rationalizations when you have simply been proven wrong. For your own sake, for every hair loss sufferer's sake, just admit that you've been had and move on.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 8 months ago

Admin wrote:
8 months ago
It's in those moments that it's really, really hard for me not to :lol: and say "I told you so".
As a person who recently engaged in the exact same procedure for many months up until recently?
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rudiger wrote:
8 months ago
As a person who recently engaged in the exact same procedure for many months up until recently?
Somehow I knew I should have abstained from saying this. Touché :p.

But yeah, it's true, except I'm here to say it didn't do anything and I feel a bit like a fool for even trying it out (again). Besides, I said many times that I remained skeptical and thought it most likely wouldn't do anything.

But those guys will engage in all imaginable rationalizations to sweep this under the rug so they can keep on practicing their new religion.

Plus as it has recently been said in the HairlossTalk dermarolling thread: dermarolling is useless bruh, it's all about the dermapen, the Derminator now. And you need to do it for at least two years to start seeing results!

MyThinningConfidence
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: finasteride 1.25mg, microneedling, fish oil, scalp massage and exercise
Zinc pyrithione, Nizoral, Lipogaine Big 5 used interchangeably
Plus additional lifestyle changes like exercise, eating healthier and sunlight exposure for Vitamin D

Post by MyThinningConfidence » 8 months ago

Admin wrote:
8 months ago

So this @74775446 guy deleted his reddit thread, his pictures on Hairlosstalk and on here, and now has his own generic scam website to sell his dermapen along with a "magic serum".

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comm ... dermanpen/

And again, naive as I am and always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, I even defended the guy: "nothing wrong with putting an Amazon affiliate link to make some money while you help people!"

So I guess this is case study number 747, always take what you see on hair loss forums with a grain of salt.

And unsurprisingly, some members in the HairlossTalk thread just can't let it go:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1753867

"I still believe he was telling the truth, this doesn't mean anything, etc", the usual rationalizations when you have simply been proven wrong. For your own sake, for every hair loss sufferer's sake, just admit that you've been had and move on.
I've been growing loads of hair with primarily microneedling and mechanical stimulation with zero minoxidil for about 6-7 months now. The fact is that microneedling is an effective hairloss treatment with solid studies to back it up and there isn't exactly a lot to lose. At worst you're a non-responder and you lost $15 on a cheap roller? Perhaps more if you got a pen.

Admittedly that website is super sketchy although I'm under the assumption that a Doctor has reached out to him and offered $$$ for a brand deal. Trichostimulation is a bullshit term and is just microneedling except with a fancy brand name. The actual device looks exactly the same as a Dr.Pen which is just a cheap re purposed permanent make-up device made in China. I'm assuming these are just made generically there and companies just buy and put their own logos on them, it's very common with a lot of other products. That said I currently own a Dr.Pen and I'm using it and really it is just cheap Chinese garbage but it's functional at the least, I might make a review for the one I bought in the future but it's just a temporary solution until I can get a Derminator 2. The secret growth serum is incredibly shady but I can only imagine it's just used as marketing to differentiate it from similar devices, it probably doesn't do a great deal.

I've reached out to this guy before and it didn't seem like he understood much of the science side of things, it just appeared that he saw the minoxidil and microneedling study and replicated it and saw real genuine results. Since his results have blown up so much he's been trying to just make a few $$$ off of things which is questionable yes but his results are likely legitimate. I can understand the mentality of accepting some brand deal. In actuality I've regrown a good amount of hair, where is my brand deal at? $$$ It'd be at least some compensation for the years of my life that balding ruined haha but honestly I don't really care and I just want to fully regrow my hair and get out of the toxic hairloss community forever.

Anyways here is my success thread for anyone interested, I've been posting consistent updates for many months now. I've been way too lazy to update my main post but there are a bunch of albums and update pictures in the comments that you have to painfully search through. I might condense it all cleanly together once I'm fully happy with my hair, I'm seriously happy with how far I've come so far but I'm still insecure about my hair line although that does appear to be coming along nicely. I might be able to cap out at a NW2.5 from a NW4.5 in the next 6-12 months. I'll definitely be posting updates then so it's something to take note of if you're interested. Also worth mentioning I am taking finasteride now for 3.5 months although the regrowth benefits from it have appeared minimal, it still seems the majority of my regrowth is from microneedling/mechanical stimulation.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... on.116396/

Also people saying you need two years for results are full of shit you only need maybe a month max to see results, personally I was seeing improvements by the week which is reflected in studies.

Hair regrowth noted at only 1 week This reflects my experience as I typically noted new hairs forming by around 8 days, I had always thought I just grew hair faster than most people here but supposedly it's normal.

Initiation of new hair growth was noticeable by around 6 weeks in Microneedling group and by 10 weeks in Minoxidil group.
Rapid growth in the existing hair was seen at week 1 in the Microneedling group than Minoxidil group

http://www.ijtrichology.com/article.asp ... ast=Dhurat

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 8 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
8 months ago

Added in 8 minutes 45 seconds:
MyThinningConfidence wrote:
8 months ago
I've been growing loads of hair with primarily microneedling and mechanical stimulation with zero minoxidil for about 6-7 months now. The fact is that microneedling is an effective hairloss treatment with solid studies to back it up and there isn't exactly a lot to lose. At worst you're a non-responder and you lost $15 on a cheap roller? Perhaps more if you got a pen.

Admittedly that website is super sketchy although I'm under the assumption that a Doctor has reached out to him and offered $$$ for a brand deal. Trichostimulation is a bullshit term and is just microneedling except with a fancy brand name. The actual device looks exactly the same as a Dr.Pen which is just a cheap re purposed permanent make-up device made in China. I'm assuming these are just made generically there and companies just buy and put their own logos on them, it's very common with a lot of other products. That said I currently own a Dr.Pen and I'm using it and really it is just cheap Chinese garbage but it's functional at the least, I might make a review for the one I bought in the future but it's just a temporary solution until I can get a Derminator 2. The secret growth serum is incredibly shady but I can only imagine it's just used as marketing to differentiate it from similar devices, it probably doesn't do a great deal.

I've reached out to this guy before and it didn't seem like he understood much of the science side of things, it just appeared that he saw the minoxidil and microneedling study and replicated it and saw real genuine results. Since his results have blown up so much he's been trying to just make a few $$$ off of things which is questionable yes but his results are likely legitimate. I can understand the mentality of accepting some brand deal. In actuality I've regrown a good amount of hair, where is my brand deal at? $$$ It'd be at least some compensation for the years of my life that balding ruined haha but honestly I don't really care and I just want to fully regrow my hair and get out of the toxic hairloss community forever.

Anyways here is my success thread for anyone interested, I've been posting consistent updates for many months now. I've been way too lazy to update my main post but there are a bunch of albums and update pictures in the comments that you have to painfully search through. I might condense it all cleanly together once I'm fully happy with my hair, I'm seriously happy with how far I've come so far but I'm still insecure about my hair line although that does appear to be coming along nicely. I might be able to cap out at a NW2.5 from a NW4.5 in the next 6-12 months. I'll definitely be posting updates then so it's something to take note of if you're interested. Also worth mentioning I am taking finasteride now for 3.5 months although the regrowth benefits from it have appeared minimal, it still seems the majority of my regrowth is from microneedling/mechanical stimulation.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... on.116396/

Also people saying you need two years for results are full of shit you only need maybe a month max to see results, personally I was seeing improvements by the week which is reflected in studies.

Hair regrowth noted at only 1 week This reflects my experience as I typically noted new hairs forming by around 8 days, I had always thought I just grew hair faster than most people here but supposedly it's normal.

Initiation of new hair growth was noticeable by around 6 weeks in Microneedling group and by 10 weeks in Minoxidil group.
Rapid growth in the existing hair was seen at week 1 in the Microneedling group than Minoxidil group

http://www.ijtrichology.com/article.asp ... ast=Dhurat

Your pictures are basically a huge combover work. What you do if its windy? xD

You remind me of a "pua" guy from London. Johnny Berba.

MyThinningConfidence
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: finasteride 1.25mg, microneedling, fish oil, scalp massage and exercise
Plus additional lifestyle changes like exercise, eating healthier and sunlight exposure for Vitamin D

JasonStatham wrote:
8 months ago

Added in 8 minutes 45 seconds:

Your pictures are basically a huge combover work. What you do if its windy? xD

You remind me of a "pua" guy from London. Johnny Berba.

It's a combover work to a degree since my hair line still has some decent recovering to do but it's nice to at least recover a lot of the density that I lost. It's pretty easy to be misleading with overall hair shots but the hair line ones show definite regrowth. I'm still insecure about my hair line but I've had decent regrowth so far.

I don't see your need to insult me though, it's like you guys have an aneurysm for any form of regrowth that doesn't work for you. Tressless is honestly a big shithole and it doesn't appear to be much better here. The majority of my regrowth pictures in the future will be primarily focusing on my hair line since that's what I'm trying to fix, it's not something that I can so easily hide so only the future will tell, I don't gain anything from fooling you guys into a $15 device, if I'm not actually regrowing I'll be bald and depressed in a few years so I'd be only hurting myself. It's just one thing that you can add to your regimen that is backed up by numerous studies, I don't understand the stance and negativity you guys have towards most things. It reminds me of the lunatics on tressless dismissing every treatment as bullshit and then heralding Brotzu lotion as the coming savior when in fact it's nothing special.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 months ago
I don't understand the stance and negativity you guys have towards most things
To me, it's not negativity, it's healthy skepticism, which is crucial especially in the world of hair loss. A world that's been drowning in scams since the dawn of mankind really.

You have to understand what the cost of those experimental treatments will be for some of the newbies out there. What false hope and having been taken for a fool can do to someone. It often brings a lot of shame for the people who have invested, time, energy (mental and physical), money in these shady treatments for which little convincing evidence exists (since we're still debating their efficiency).

They sometimes pay with their own health, again, mental and physical, as it has been the case for me. I had fallen for every "natural" treatment out there: detumescence, natural shampoos/oils/custom-made topicals, dermarolling (yeah already tried that back in 2013), balayam, clay masks, you name it. When I rapidly turned into a NW5, I was so ashamed I thought I'd just never post on those forums again.

Unsurprisingly, that's what all the guys you see being overenthusiastic in those dermarolling threads on HairlossTalk, tressless, etc. will do. And I understand that they'd rather do that than just say "yeah I was an idiot for putting my money in those treatments instead of just taking finasteride, minoxidil, etc. and go about my day".

To this day, I still have to carry the shame of having fallen for unproven treatments, because I was lacking skepticism, or as you say negativity. It still makes me an easy target, the idiot who thought he would grow his hair back with apple cider vinegar. But once upon a time, it was the hair loss holy grail treatment du jour:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... gar.50587/

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... -ii.51028/

Note the disclaimer in the very first post of the second thread:
squeegee wrote:IF you have nothing positive to add to this thread please just skip it.
Does that ring any bell?

You could say it's not the same and dermarolling is much more sophisticated or something, but it hit the mainstream hair loss forum 5 years ago. Where are all the amazing recoveries? Why are there so many people still trying it out now and claiming that it's some kind of godsend while they post pictures of their hair that are 2 months apart, with longer hair, different angles and different lightnings.

If you don't understand why a lot of the "hair loss veterans" are highly skeptical, negative about the claims that are still made about dermarolling, you haven't thought about it seriously enough. All that time and energy you spend researching and trying out experimental treatments can't be recovered, same as the hair you will lose in the process.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

8 months ago
It's a combover work to a degree since my hair line still has some decent recovering to do but it's nice to at least recover a lot of the density that I lost. It's pretty easy to be misleading with overall hair shots but the hair line ones show definite regrowth. I'm still insecure about my hair line but I've had decent regrowth so far.

I don't see your need to insult me though, it's like you guys have an aneurysm for any form of regrowth that doesn't work for you. Tressless is honestly a big shithole and it doesn't appear to be much better here. The majority of my regrowth pictures in the future will be primarily focusing on my hair line since that's what I'm trying to fix, it's not something that I can so easily hide so only the future will tell, I don't gain anything from fooling you guys into a $15 device, if I'm not actually regrowing I'll be bald and depressed in a few years so I'd be only hurting myself. It's just one thing that you can add to your regimen that is backed up by numerous studies, I don't understand the stance and negativity you guys have towards most things. It reminds me of the lunatics on tressless dismissing every treatment as bullshit and then heralding Brotzu lotion as the coming savior when in fact it's nothing special.
Its because you still look bald. If you regrow some baby hair, you might get jerked off from other Forum members, but what's the point of that? In real life, normal people will still see you as a balding guy with a terrible combover. You think they notice 2 new hair on your receded hair line? xD I know I'm harsh here but guys like you, will not help anyone to get a peace of mind with hair loss. At one point the hair loss community has to realise that the only solution for a heavy balding guy, is going the transplant route. I'm sorry but that's the reality.

You have only 2 options left: Either you shave this terrible combover away and learn to live with it, or you go the transplant route.

MyThinningConfidence
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Admin wrote:
8 months ago
To me, it's not negativity, it's healthy skepticism, which is crucial especially in the world of hair loss. A world that's been drowning in scams since the dawn of mankind really.

You have to understand what the cost of those experimental treatments will be for some of the newbies out there. What false hope and having been taken for a fool can do to someone. It often brings so much shame for the people who have invested, time, energy (mental and physical), money in these shady treatments for which little convincing evidence exists (since we're still debating their efficiency).

They sometimes pay with their own health, again, mental and physical, as it has been the case for me. I had fallen for every "natural" treatment out there: detumescence, natural shampoos/oils/custom-made topicals, dermarolling (yeah already tried that back in 2013), balayam, clay masks, you name it. When I rapidly turned into a NW5, I was so ashamed I thought I'd just never post on those forums again.

Unsurprisingly, that's what all the guys you see being overenthusiastic in those dermarolling threads on HairlossTalk, tressless, etc. will do. And I understand that they'd rather do that than just say "yeah I was an idiot for putting my money in those treatments instead of just taking finasteride, minoxidil, etc. and go about my day".

To this day, I still have to carry the shame of having fallen for unproven treatments, because I was lacking skepticism, or as you say negativity. It still makes me an easy target, the idiot who thought he would grow his hair back with apple cider vinegar. But once upon a time, it was the hair loss holy grail treatment du jour:

Does that ring any bell?

You could say it's not the same and dermarolling is much more sophisticated or something, but it hit the mainstream hair loss forum 5 years ago. Where are all the amazing recoveries? Why are there so many people still trying it out now and claiming that it's some kind of godsend while they post pictures of their hair that are 2 months apart, with longer hair, different angles and different lightnings.

If you don't understand why a lot of the "hair loss veterans" are highly skeptical, negative about the claims that are still made about dermarolling, you haven't thought about it seriously enough. All that time and energy you spend researching and trying out experimental treatments can't be recovered, same as the hair you will lose in the process.
I understand healthy skepticism and that's a good stance towards things but I don't think microneedling is false hope and I don't present it that way. Even before adding in finasteride I was always honest about it likely being necessary further along down the track if you actually want to keep your gains and help stop/slow the balding process. Microneedling is just one aspect to a regime and there are studies to back up it's efficacy. Some people go on the Big Three and still lose ground so you can't just say none of these treatments have any merit because they do work for others and they have studies to back it up.

I think the biggest issue with this negativity towards dermarolling is that it may scare off newbies from even trying it, you won't know if you will respond to minoxidil or finasteride until you try it out and it's the same for microneedling. You might not respond which truly sucks but at worst you wasted $15 on a cheap roller and a few minutes every week rolling. People saying you need two years to see results form a treatment are full of shit, you only need a few months at max. If you take consistent pictures you should see an improvement with microneedling within a month, maybe two at max if you're generous. If you don't see at least some improvement it's possible you're not a responder in which case you can continue to search out treatments that treat your specific case. It really sucks that you haven't seem much of an improvement with anything aside from transplants so far but you should at least be open to the idea that it works for some people.

The difference with the Apple Cider Vinegar study is that it's a rat study, these are basically worthless as everything seems to grow hair in rats and the rest of it is just extrapolated hopeful broscience.

5 years is indeed a long time and there a variety of reasons why people might not have seen results such as needle length, frequency, technique, intensity etc along with if they actually had other aspects to their regime. I've found quite a few success stories though that incorporated microneedling into their regime among other things and have had major regrowth. It's just a matter of digging through sites to find them and piecing them together. There aren't a lot of good success stories in general and a lot of them are pretty inconsistent with their pictures, all you have to is underexpose a picture and it will look like you've had a decent recovery instantly. I think people aware of this are overly skeptical but even still you can usually tell when someone has had an increase in density. My hair line pictures for example I can't exactly hide much with the majority of them being flash in a slick bald area. I think the realistic expectation in all of this is that microneedling should at least grow some hair but it's not some miracle cure that will put an end to hairloss. Studies at least show it's more effective than minoxidil alone.

Microneedling alone was found to be more effective Minoxidil alone
Regrowth 24weeks:
Minoxidil only 18.8/cm2
Microneedling 23.4/cm2
Microneedling + Min 38.3/cm2
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29028377

Added in 10 minutes 30 seconds:
JasonStatham wrote:
8 months ago
Its because you still look bald. If you regrow some baby hair, you might get jerked off from other Forum members, but what's the point of that? In real life, normal people will still see you as a balding guy with a terrible combover. You think they notice 2 new hair on your receded hair line? xD I know I'm harsh here but guys like you, will not help anyone to get a peace of mind with hair loss. At one point the hair loss community has to realise that the only solution for a heavy balding guy, is going the transplant route. I'm sorry but that's the reality.

You have only 2 options left: Either you shave this terrible combover away and learn to live with it, or you go the transplant route.
I'm open to the idea of a transplant if I actually had the money although doctors in my country will refuse me until I'm older, you have to be at least 25-26 to get a transplant here as they can't be certain of your balding pattern. It's not exactly an option for me yet as I only just turned 21 but I wouldn't have that kind of money regardless.

My hair line is still consistently filling in, while yes it's just a few hairs in a bald area it's still definite regrowth. Only time will tell if I actually recover all of it. My hair line has improved a lot since I started but even if it was just a few hairs you can't deny the regrowth potential of microneedling even if it's only minimal. I was NW3 at just 16 so I don't know how I'll go regrowing all of it but so far I've essentially reversed 3 years of hairloss. I have some good before pictures to post once I'm finally happy with my recovery, I can't get a transplant yet so only time will tell if my current regime will recover my hair line. In theory I should be able to at least get all those longer blonde vellus hairs to a terminal state.

The reaction in life has been positive so far, my Mum and my sister had mentioned that my hair was thickening and looking better, my sister asked if I was using a new shampoo and my friend outright came up to me and started inspecting my hair with this skeptical ass face and said my hair was looking very full and fluffy and outright accused me of using Rogaine.

Added in 10 minutes 21 seconds:
JasonStatham wrote:
8 months ago

Would you not say my hair line has improved in this picture?
Attachments
Hairline-Censored.jpg
Hairline-Censored.jpg (224.5 KiB) Viewed 2413 times

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

8 months ago
I understand healthy skepticism and that's a good stance towards things but I don't think microneedling is false hope and I don't present it that way. Even before adding in finasteride I was always honest about it likely being necessary further along down the track if you actually want to keep your gains and help stop/slow the balding process. Microneedling is just one aspect to a regime and there are studies to back up it's efficacy. Some people go on the Big Three and still lose ground so you can't just say none of these treatments have any merit because they do work for others and they have studies to back it up.

I think the biggest issue with this negativity towards dermarolling is that it may scare off newbies from even trying it, you won't know if you will respond to minoxidil or finasteride until you try it out and it's the same for microneedling. You might not respond which truly sucks but at worst you wasted $15 on a cheap roller and a few minutes every week rolling. People saying you need two years to see results form a treatment are full of shit, you only need a few months at max. If you take consistent pictures you should see an improvement with microneedling within a month, maybe two at max if you're generous. If you don't see at least some improvement it's possible you're not a responder in which case you can continue to search out treatments that treat your specific case. It really sucks that you haven't seem much of an improvement with anything aside from transplants so far but you should at least be open to the idea that it works for some people.

The difference with the Apple Cider Vinegar study is that it's a rat study, these are basically worthless as everything seems to grow hair in rats and the rest of it is just extrapolated hopeful broscience.

5 years is indeed a long time and there a variety of reasons why people might not have seen results such as needle length, frequency, technique, intensity etc along with if they actually had other aspects to their regime. I've found quite a few success stories though that incorporated microneedling into their regime among other things and have had major regrowth. It's just a matter of digging through sites to find them and piecing them together. There aren't a lot of good success stories in general and a lot of them are pretty inconsistent with their pictures, all you have to is underexpose a picture and it will look like you've had a decent recovery instantly. I think people aware of this are overly skeptical but even still you can usually tell when someone has had an increase in density. My hair line pictures for example I can't exactly hide much with the majority of them being flash in a slick bald area. I think the realistic expectation in all of this is that microneedling should at least grow some hair but it's not some miracle cure that will put an end to hair loss. Studies at least show it's more effective than minoxidil alone.

Microneedling alone was found to be more effective Minoxidil alone
Regrowth 24weeks:
Minoxidil only 18.8/cm2
Microneedling 23.4/cm2
Microneedling + Min 38.3/cm2
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29028377

Added in 10 minutes 30 seconds:

I'm open to the idea of a transplant if I actually had the money although doctors in my country will refuse me until I'm older, you have to be at least 25-26 to get a transplant here as they can't be certain of your balding pattern. It's not exactly an option for me yet as I only just turned 21 but I wouldn't have that kind of money regardless.

My hair line is still consistently filling in, while yes it's just a few hairs in a bald area it's still definite regrowth. Only time will tell if I actually recover all of it. My hair line has improved a lot since I started but even if it was just a few hairs you can't deny the regrowth potential of microneedling even if it's only minimal. I was NW3 at just 16 so I don't know how I'll go regrowing all of it but so far I've essentially reversed 3 years of hair loss. I have some good before pictures to post once I'm finally happy with my recovery, I can't get a transplant yet so only time will tell if my current regime will recover my hair line. In theory I should be able to at least get all those longer blonde vellus hairs to a terminal state.

The reaction in life has been positive so far, my Mum and my sister had mentioned that my hair was thickening and looking better, my sister asked if I was using a new shampoo and my friend outright came up to me and started inspecting my hair with this skeptical ass face and said my hair was looking very full and fluffy and outright accused me of using Rogaine.

Added in 10 minutes 21 seconds:

Would you not say my hair line has improved in this picture?
Have you ever tried shaving it off to see how you would look?
I would just simply try that and give it some weeks. If you simply can't live with what you see, save some money each month and put it in a "hair transplant" piggy bank kind of thing and in 4-5 years, you may be even lucky and we have some new options (which I highly doubt) in the transplant area. I would even go so far and ask your father if he might at least "borrow", (or pay) some part of your future hair transplant. If he makes a son that is a Norwood 3 at 16, he has in my opinion some responsibility to help you out a bit.

Add:
You say in your signature you use Vitamin D and working out. How do you know your hair isnt simply looking a bit better, because you changed your lifestyle? Or did you use Vitamin D and working out before your hair loss fight road? Did you eat healthy before aswell? And how you now know it isnt simply Finasteride? Or just Minoxidil only? The Problem with using so much stuff is, you don't really know what is helping you (or isnt).

If you had a shitty lifestyle, and now you work out, eating healthier and expose yourselves to the sun more, of course you will look overal better. You could even see hairloss now in a positive way. Would you have done this positive chances if you had a Norwood 1?

MyThinningConfidence
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

JasonStatham wrote:
8 months ago
Have you ever tried shaving it off to see how you would look?
I would just simply try that and give it some weeks. If you simply can't live with what you see, save some money each month and put it in a "hair transplant" piggy bank kind of thing and in 4-5 years, you may be even lucky and we have some new options (which I highly doubt) in the transplant area. I would even go so far and ask your father if he might at least "borrow", (or pay) some part of your future hair transplant. If he makes a son that is a Norwood 3 at 16, he has in my opinion some responsibility to help you out a bit.

Add:

You say in your signature you use Vitamin D and working out. How do you know your hair isnt simply looking a bit better, because you changed your lifestyle? Or did you use Vitamin D and working out before your hair loss fight road? And how you now know its simply Finasteride? Or just Minoxidil only? The Problem with using so much stuff is, you don't really know what is helping you (or isnt).
I tried once and it was the worst period in my life, I legitimately wanted to kill myself I looked like a chemotherapy patient and I was too anxious to function, I was literally sleeping 14 hours a day because I didn't want to deal with how I looked. I actually look better balding than fully bald. I think if you go bald you have to get rather masculine and muscular to make it work but that's personally something that has never fitted my personally. I'm somewhat feminine as a guy and always had long hair. Before I lost all my density I just accepted my shitty hair line and wore a beanie and my hair still looked great until my hair thinned out and I just had a few long stringy strands coming from my beanie. My density was seriously poor and I couldn't even just hide it under a hat anymore.

My Dad would never pay for some of my hair transplant if I was ever to get one either, my whole family is on welfare and we don't have a lot of money. I don't think I could wait 4-5 years anyways as I want to live my youth now, this is when hair matters the most. I personally think I've had a decent increase in overall density so honestly I'd be pretty happy with just restoring my density back and being a hat prisoner with nice hair but a shitty hair line again. If I'm still insecure in the future I'll probably jump up to dutasteride and maybe even play around with some trans drugs. I'd trade my dick for my hair if it came down to it.That's probably a bit too irrational for now though since I seem to be regrowing my hair line but only time will tell, I'll be posting updates to my hair line consistently so it's something you can check back on in a few months time. I'm hoping to regrow my hair line one way or another but honestly I'm happy with my results so far

The reason I know microneedling is responsible for some of my regrowth is because it's one of the few things I was using initially alongside Shampoo with zinc pyrithione and mechanical stimulation. It wasn't anything amazing like regrowing norwoods in weeks but there was a noticeable increase of small new hairs forming by the week. It was definitely working but it was no miracle cure, it's just one treatment in my regime. I mainly know what was working because I introduced things slowly, like I probably need to update my regime here since Lipogaine is quite likely worthless for any real result.

I'm not actually taking Vitamin D supplements rather I'm getting it naturally from the sun exposure although I have looked into the possibility of supplements. I think it could be likely that some of my hairloss can be attributed to a Vitamin D deficiency which is possibly evident by how pale I am.

Overall though it doesn't even matter what's regrowing the most hair in my regime since if I'm regrowing hair that's all it matters unless I'm spending big $$$ but really I only spend $12.50 a month on finasteride and maybe a shampoo bottle every 6 months.

Edit. Didn't see that last paragraph, by exercise I don't mean anything major. I just go on a 15-45 minute walk or run every couple of days which also helps with the sun exposure. By eating healthier I just mean incorporating intermittent fasting into the way I eat along with adding a few extra random healthy foods. Nothing specific but for example instead of having a snack and eating chips I might eat a banana. Nothing major but I thought it was worth mentioning as it could have possibly influenced my results, I'm trying to be open about my regime but there are some things that I haven't added to my regime that I use intermittently like Retinol 2.5% (which is probably actually retinyl palmitate) in a mixture of stuff including Jojoba Oil, hydrochloric acid, Vit E etc.I'm not actually using it for hairloss, it's actually to improve my skin but it could possibly have an effect on my regrowth but I don't add it to my regime as it's unlikely to do much and I don't want to mislead people. I've only been using that one in particular for a few weeks but just stuff like that.

layabout
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: dermarolling/minoxidil/microdose finasteride

Post by layabout » 8 months ago

Admin wrote:
8 months ago

You have to understand what the cost of those experimental treatments will be for some of the newbies out there. What false hope and having been taken for a fool can do to someone. It often brings a lot of shame for the people who have invested, time, energy (mental and physical), money in these shady treatments for which little convincing evidence exists (since we're still debating their efficiency).

Does that ring any bell?

Dermaneedling 1.5mm + minoxidil is a proven treatment though.

MyThinningConfidence
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by MyThinningConfidence » 5 months ago

Here is my April update, probably the last one as I'm not really concerned about my hair loss anymore. I said I'd update so yeah aha: