Losing your hair? Just eat healthier, bro!

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
layabout
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: dermarolling/minoxidil/microdose finasteride

Losing your hair? Just eat healthier, bro!

Post by layabout » 2 months ago

'I will eat till I die': 700LB NEET plays vidya naked all day, dad has to bathe him like a pig trough:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... -dies.html

Of course a morbidly obese 34 year old has a solid NW1.5 with full density lol.

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Re: Losing your hair? Just eat healthier, bro!

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 2 months ago

Just eat better & exercise bro, and your hair will stop falling out.

34 years old, better hair than I had at 24:

8137598-6558445-image-m-3_1546628678962.jpg
8137598-6558445-image-m-3_1546628678962.jpg (47.85 KiB) Viewed 723 times
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 months ago

This guy deserves our support. Not ridicule.
behold the sins of our forefathers

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 2 months ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
2 months ago

This guy don't know what he got. Somewhere between 50 layers of Mac Donald, there is a beautiful Norwood 1 man screaming to get out.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 months ago

This is exactly the type of shitty content I'd expect from you.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 2 months ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
2 months ago

Hair or not, he is hideous, and what is worse - if he ever decides to get his act together and lose the weight, he will be left with horrendous amounts of loose skin which is worse than any amount of hair loss, and will need multiple surgeries to remove the loose skin, on his abdomen, back, arms, thighs +++
Never get morbidly obese folks, it will disfigure you in ways that make baldness look like a non-issue. :geek:

Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 2 months ago

If this guy was a dog his father would get punished by the law. It would be considered animal abuse to keep feeding the dog shit and never exercising it. Imagine how different this mans life would be if his parents gave him tough love and sent him to fat camp as a kid and learned about proper nutrition. There should be laws against this, it's child abuse to keep feeding children shit.
EvilLocks wrote:
2 months ago
Hair or not, he is hideous, and what is worse - if he ever decides to get his act together and lose the weight, he will be left with horrendous amounts of loose skin which is worse than any amount of hair loss, and will need multiple surgeries to remove the loose skin, on his abdomen, back, arms, thighs +++
Never get morbidly obese folks, it will disfigure you in ways that make baldness look like a non-issue. :geek:

Funny that in a picture intended to showcase how saggy skin gets when someone loses a lot of weight she still decided to wear two bras.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

EvilLocks wrote:
2 months ago

But not necessarily for everyone, some people can lose weight quickly and their skin remains tight, others are doomed regardless of how they lose weight and will always need surgery (the woman you posted probably couldn't do much to minimize that).

For the majority of people in between, if they slowly lose weight by a slight caloric deficit and still keep protein high and maintaining their muscle, their skin should remain tight. However we're talking losing a few pounds a week at most, and if someone's over 300 pounds then they have a long wait to lose it.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 2 months ago

lmao he cant be bothered to use something other than dish soap to bathe in

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Rudiger wrote:
2 months ago
But not necessarily for everyone, some people can lose weight quickly and their skin remains tight, others are doomed regardless of how they lose weight and will always need surgery (the woman you posted probably couldn't do much to minimize that).

For the majority of people in between, if they slowly lose weight by a slight caloric deficit and still keep protein high and maintaining their muscle, their skin should remain tight. However we're talking losing a few pounds a week at most, and if someone's over 300 pounds then they have a long wait to lose it.

I have done some research on this, not because I am obese or overweight myself but because I am genuinely interested in health, nutrition and the human body.
There are several factors that come into play when it comes to wether you'll have loose skin after weight loss, or how much you'll have:
1. How much weight you gained, and how long it took you to gain it. The more weight you gained, and the quicker you did it - the more loose skin you'll have.
2. Your age and genetics. Someone who is younger is likely to have their skin bounce back better, than someone older. That said, I have seen cases of young or relatively young people who ended up with serious loose skin as well. Also some people have more elastic skin than others, and are less likely to end up with loose skin and stretch marks. Where you store your fat also come into play; if someone gains 30kg and gains most of it around their midsection as opposed to more evenly distributed, they are likely to have loose skin on their midsection when they lose the weight.
3. How fast or slow you lose the weight. The quicker you lose it, the harder it will be for the skin to bounce back.

Anyway, for someone who has gained a lot of weight, let's say +25 or 30 kg, they are likely to have loose skin after weight loss, and depending on the factors above, it will be different for everyone what state their skin is in after weight loss. I will say though, I have never seen a case of someone who has lost more than 100+ pounds that has no amount of loose skin.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

EvilLocks wrote:
2 months ago
I have done some research on this, not because I am obese or overweight myself but because I am genuinely interested in health, nutrition and the human body.
There are several factors that come into play when it comes to wether you'll have loose skin after weight loss, or how much you'll have:
1. How much weight you gained, and how long it took you to gain it. The more weight you gained, and the quicker you did it - the more loose skin you'll have.
2. Your age and genetics. Someone who is younger is likely to have their skin bounce back better, than someone older. That said, I have seen cases of young or relatively young people who ended up with serious loose skin as well. Also some people have more elastic skin than others, and are less likely to end up with loose skin and stretch marks. Where you store your fat also come into play; if someone gains 30kg and gains most of it around their midsection as opposed to more evenly distributed, they are likely to have loose skin on their midsection when they lose the weight.
3. How fast or slow you lose the weight. The quicker you lose it, the harder it will be for the skin to bounce back.

Anyway, for someone who has gained a lot of weight, let's say +25 or 30 kg, they are likely to have loose skin after weight loss, and depending on the factors above, it will be different for everyone what state their skin is in after weight loss. I will say though, I have never seen a case of someone who has lost more than 100+ pounds that has no amount of loose skin.
I agree, fat people are gross

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Rudiger wrote:
2 months ago
I agree, fat people are gross
They are gross to look at, sure. I used to think that they deserved it when they got themselves to that point, but the more I think about it the more I feel sorry for them too. Not everyone of course, but a lot of fat people have suffered from depression etc. and use food as a way to cope, they let themselves go and don't believe they are worth anything. Then, they might realize that what they are doing is not only disfiguring them but also killing them, and decide to lose weight. The sad part is that they are punished even after losing the weight, with a body that looks saggy and abnormal. I can't imagine what it feels like to shed blood, tears and sweat and bust your ass to lose the weight, only to be left with a disfigured body.
I have a lot of respect for the former fat people who work their butt off to lose the weight, and even go through surgeries to get a normal body and life again. Sure, they got themselves to that point on their own, but there are often reasons for it that go beyond what people know.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

EvilLocks wrote:
2 months ago
They are gross to look at, sure. I used to think that they deserved it when they got themselves to that point, but the more I think about it the more I feel sorry for them too. Not everyone of course, but a lot of fat people have suffered from depression etc. and use food as a way to cope, they let themselves go and don't believe they are worth anything. Then, they might realize that what they are doing is not only disfiguring them but also killing them, and decide to lose weight. The sad part is that they are punished even after losing the weight, with a body that looks saggy and abnormal. I can't imagine what it feels like to shed blood, tears and sweat and bust your ass to lose the weight, only to be left with a disfigured body.
I have a lot of respect for the former fat people who work their butt off to lose the weight, and even go through surgeries to get a normal body and life again. Sure, they got themselves to that point on their own, but there are often reasons for it that go beyond what people know.
Yeah I was just kind of joking, as if I didn't read your constructed points and just vaguely agreed fat people are gross (even though your post didn't say this and went in to detail).

I think the reason we're seeing such an obesity epidemic in so many countries is not just down to the foods that are heavily pushed and promoted to kids from an early age (though this doesn't help, that it's normalised for a young child to drink a half gallon of the worst sugary shit every week) but more than that, culturally young people are increasingly being told to love themselves no matter what. That they should do whatever makes them feel good even if those choices are just about feeling good temporarily and not about feeling good in the long run.

The last generation of new parents think that discipline and constructive criticism is being cold and will result in the raising of some heartless serial killer, they actually think the above attitude is good parenting. Even if they have a prepubescent kid that's heavily obese, "you're just big boned, just embrace yourself and love the skin you're in" etc

Generally fat people on this forum do not get a lot of sympathy, and I've probably displayed that as well, it probably has to do with how fat people are somewhat celebrated for being "real people" for making terrible choices that disfigure themselves and end their life early, not giving a shit about those around them. And while they technically "choose" this (or, officially it is a choice, they put the food in their mouth, they don't exercise, for whatever deep lying reason it's still their choice) and garner acceptance and sympathy, meanwhile bald guys, who don't choose shit, get mocked constantly and rejected by society in all ways. That realisation tends to fuck with people a lot.

That being said, even if I show little sympathy on here, I still of course know plenty of fat people, I empathise with them when they repeatedly talk about their efforts at losing weight. And whenever I see a massive fat person in the gym, internally I feel a heart warning amount of respect for what they're doing. Even if externally I verbally abuse them while the bro's chuckle.

Exodus
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 2 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 months ago
This is exactly the type of shitty content I'd expect from you.
Did you mean to quote someone?

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 2 months ago

EvilLocks wrote:
2 months ago

He's only hideous because he's fat, which is something he can work on. Whereas a $10,000 hair transplant won't get you back your 100% original hair line. Also loose skin surgery is a thing.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind