Dermarolling and using current treatments to enhance regrowth

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: Dermarolling and using current treatments to enhance regrowth

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

layabout wrote:
2 months ago
Admin, what's your take on this. is licorice extract safe for scalp?
It's the same trick a lot of topical manufacturers use: just load it with a lot of random estrogenic substances.

It's like lavender oil or rosemary oil, the only reason it will work to an extent is because it has estrogens in it, with all the potential side-effects they can have on men: erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia, loss of libido, etc.

It's most likely safe and won't do much in this case though, it's a bit like a shampoo containing saw palmetto, it's just not that powerful. My take is that this lotion would be just as effective without the licorice extract.

layabout
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: dermarolling/minoxidil/microdose finasteride

Post by layabout » 2 months ago

Another microneedling study with excellent results:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... /ced.13551

In this one they used fractional radiofrequency microneedling which is the same concept/procedure except the micro-wounds are created using heat energy to reach the dermis instead of physical needles.

This study is different in that the mens' scalps were divided in half, with one half receiving just minoxidil daily and the other half receiving the fractionated rf treatment and minoxidil.

results:
After 5 months of treatment, mean hair count increased from 44.12 ± 21.58 to 73.14 ± 25.45 on the combined‐therapy side and from 46.22 ± 18.77 to 63.21 ± 19.22 on the monotherapy side, while mean hair thickness increased from 53 ± 13 μm to 71 ± 15 μm and from 52 ± 16 μm to 66 ± 14 μm,
fractionated radiofrequency microneedling + minoxidil = superior hair density AND individual hair thickness

@Admin

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by That Guy » 2 months ago

Studies from China =

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, dermastamp 1.5mm weekly, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 2 months ago

I’d been doing .5 mm dermastamp 2-3x a week, but tonight I did 1.5mm stamp because I wanted to switch to 1x a week for convenience sake....man the amount of blood 1.5mm draws kind of concerns me. Makes me worry about scarring and causing more harm than good. How many of you guys do 1.5mm penetrating the full length of the needles? No problems?

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 months ago

kj6723 wrote:
2 months ago
I’d been doing .5 mm dermastamp 2-3x a week, but tonight I did 1.5mm stamp because I wanted to switch to 1x a week for convenience sake....man the amount of blood 1.5mm draws kind of concerns me. Makes me worry about scarring and causing more harm than good. How many of you guys do 1.5mm penetrating the full length of the needles? No problems?
What the fuck? Why are you even dermarolling in the first place?! This is a last resort (before transplant) for those of us with receeding thinning hair, and your hair is like McCauley Culkin as a child. Was your original hair line even better than that?
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, dermastamp 1.5mm weekly, nizoral 1% whenever

Rudiger wrote:
2 months ago
What the fuck? Why are you even dermarolling in the first place?! This is a last resort (before transplant) for those of us with receeding thinning hair, and your hair is like McCauley Culkin as a child. Was your original hair line even better than that?
Well my hair looks like that because I treat it. I would not have previously been a laughing stock in my friend group if I always had McCauley culkin hair. Granted I don’t know how much of my regrowth can be credited to dermarolling....obviously a small percentage in comparison to what I got from antiandrogens and minoxidil. I guess I could drop it completely and hope for the best but I’m reluctant to at this point, especially as I’m trying to get more regrowth as I’m still slightly receded at the corners

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

kj6723 wrote:
2 months ago
Currently I'm still doing a dermaroller, but when I start growing it out, I'm going to switch to a dermastamp.

My scalp is bleeding from it (I'm using the dermaroller ten times, two different directions, for a total of
twenty times). The dermarolling isn't making my hair worse. The reason I know that is because in my bald areas, I still can see the terminal
hairs I had before.

I have only a few terminal hairs (less than ten), that have grown seven months later.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

rclark wrote:
2 months ago
Currently I'm still doing a dermaroller, but when I start growing it out, I'm going to switch to a dermastamp.

My scalp is bleeding from it (I'm using the dermaroller ten times, two different directions, for a total of
twenty times). The dermarolling isn't making my hair worse. The reason I know that is because in my bald areas, I still can see the terminal
hairs I had before.

I have only a few terminal hairs (less than ten), that have grown seven months later.
I switched to the stamp because of longer hair. Partly the same reason I want to switch to a needle length I can use only 1x a week. The length of your hair definitely effects the convenience of treating it. I've also been using minoxidil just 1x a day most days (after using it 2x a day for a couple years) because with longer hair it's just way too annoying.

dutasteride + minoxidil is an awesome combo, with my hair the best it's been in years and still improving, but I still think the stamp is worth using, especially if I'm only having to bother with it 1x a week. I understand people with worse off hair looking at mine and being like "why are you bothering" but again, I don't want to take for granted the regrowth I've gotten, especially now I am having a recent burst of new terminal hair at the hair line

layabout
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

well, I've been using the Derminator at 1.5mm and applying minoxidil 1x daily for around 1 month and 20 days now:

https://i.imgur.com/isso1mu.png

https://i.imgur.com/tlu7alY.png
Last edited by layabout 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 2 months ago

layabout wrote:
2 months ago
well, I've been using the Derminator at 1.5mm and applying minoxidil 1x daily for around 1 month and 20 days now:

Your hair gets darker with Minoxidil? :clap:
Last edited by JasonStatham 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

layabout
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

JasonStatham wrote:
2 months ago
my hair has gotten darker since I started microneedling

also shedding went down to 0, even on minoxidil I haven't shed

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

Post by rclark » 2 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
2 months ago
Some people actually do get darker hair from Minoxidil, because it makes it thicker.

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » 1 month ago

I’ve got few new hairs poking through from needling, nothing significant as of yet. I was viewing the thread on HairLossTalk but that French guy has gone crazy it’s one of the most ridiculous things I’v ever Seen. :lol:

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

shadylane wrote:
1 month ago
I’ve got few new hairs poking through from needling, nothing significant as of yet. I was viewing the thread on HairLossTalk but that French guy has gone crazy it’s one of the most ridiculous things I’v ever Seen. :lol:
What did the French guy say?

Added in 1 minute :
JasonStatham wrote:
2 months ago
Didn't layabout say he was black?

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » 1 month ago

rclark wrote:
1 month ago
What did the French guy say?

He was so enraged that the number guy had been involved in some scam website and was still posting on the forum, so he attempted to destroy all the whole topic with a spambot that was posting every minute all over every single needling thread. :lol:

He’s been banned now but he said he will not be stopped and he will find us all again and destroy every future thread on the subject.....think the guy is nuts to be honest.