Dermarolling and using current treatments to enhance regrowth

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: Dermarolling and using current treatments to enhance regrowth

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

layabout wrote:
1 week ago
Admin, what's your take on this. is licorice extract safe for scalp?
It's the same trick a lot of topical manufacturers use: just load it with a lot of random estrogenic substances.

It's like lavender oil or rosemary oil, the only reason it will work to an extent is because it has estrogens in it, with all the potential side-effects they can have on men: erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia, loss of libido, etc.

It's most likely safe and won't do much in this case though, it's a bit like a shampoo containing saw palmetto, it's just not that powerful. My take is that this lotion would be just as effective without the licorice extract.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp - Last hair transplant: ~1000 grafts on crown area (February 2019)

layabout
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: dermarolling/minoxidil/mcrodose finasteride

Post by layabout » 6 days ago

Another microneedling study with excellent results:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... /ced.13551

In this one they used fractional radiofrequency microneedling which is the same concept/procedure except the micro-wounds are created using heat energy to reach the dermis instead of physical needles.

This study is different in that the mens' scalps were divided in half, with one half receiving just minoxidil daily and the other half receiving the fractionated rf treatment and minoxidil.

results:
After 5 months of treatment, mean hair count increased from 44.12 ± 21.58 to 73.14 ± 25.45 on the combined‐therapy side and from 46.22 ± 18.77 to 63.21 ± 19.22 on the monotherapy side, while mean hair thickness increased from 53 ± 13 μm to 71 ± 15 μm and from 52 ± 16 μm to 66 ± 14 μm,
fractionated radiofrequency microneedling + minoxidil = superior hair density AND individual hair thickness

@Admin

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by That Guy » 6 days ago

Studies from China =

kj6723
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, dermastamp, nizoral

Post by kj6723 » 4 days ago

I’d been doing .5 mm dermastamp 2-3x a week, but tonight I did 1.5mm stamp because I wanted to switch to 1x a week for convenience sake....man the amount of blood 1.5mm draws kind of concerns me. Makes me worry about scarring and causing more harm than good. How many of you guys do 1.5mm penetrating the full length of the needles? No problems?

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 3 days ago

kj6723 wrote:
4 days ago
I’d been doing .5 mm dermastamp 2-3x a week, but tonight I did 1.5mm stamp because I wanted to switch to 1x a week for convenience sake....man the amount of blood 1.5mm draws kind of concerns me. Makes me worry about scarring and causing more harm than good. How many of you guys do 1.5mm penetrating the full length of the needles? No problems?
What the fuck? Why are you even dermarolling in the first place?! This is a last resort (before transplant) for those of us with receeding thinning hair, and your hair is like McCauley Culkin as a child. Was your original hair line even better than that?
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

kj6723
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, dermastamp, nizoral

Post by kj6723 » 3 days ago

Rudiger wrote:
3 days ago
What the fuck? Why are you even dermarolling in the first place?! This is a last resort (before transplant) for those of us with receeding thinning hair, and your hair is like McCauley Culkin as a child. Was your original hair line even better than that?
Well my hair looks like that because I treat it. I would not have previously been a laughing stock in my friend group if I always had McCauley culkin hair. Granted I don’t know how much of my regrowth can be credited to dermarolling....obviously a small percentage in comparison to what I got from antiandrogens and minoxidil. I guess I could drop it completely and hope for the best but I’m reluctant to at this point, especially as I’m trying to get more regrowth as I’m still slightly receded at the corners

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 day ago

kj6723 wrote:
4 days ago
Currently I'm still doing a dermaroller, but when I start growing it out, I'm going to switch to a dermastamp.

My scalp is bleeding from it (I'm using the dermaroller ten times, two different directions, for a total of
twenty times). The dermarolling isn't making my hair worse. The reason I know that is because in my bald areas, I still can see the terminal
hairs I had before.

I have only a few terminal hairs (less than ten), that have grown seven months later.