IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
3 weeks ago
Big names, all.

It seems that Hairblues is still out there, contacting us from the Guest Dimension.

@Guest-3 and @Guest-4, if you can see this, give us a sign!
That is something I am extremely happy about. I was sincere when I said Afro Vacancy is the man.

Never again will I fall for @nameless's tricks. Easier said then done. It kind of pisses me off,
because you know, him saying I'm racist and all this other dumb shit. I feel like an asshole
for first defending him when he came back.

@Rudiger is talking about the "Unknown Idiot", which is writers terminology that probably
means me (because) I was online, but it could mean anybody. And for some stupid reason, I'm getting
angry about this, and I don't even know why. I really don't even know why it would piss me off.

Sometimes I get mad at him for no logical reason at all.

Enough of my meltdown. I need to take a temporary break, and get back soon.

For me, I'm just trying to get used to publicly wear a mask. It's not even virus season yet, but I'm preparing
myself, and looking stupid in the process.

I just want to be brave in the fall, and wear it.

Wire
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 1 week ago

I know the dude is a director, but come on :?

claudia.jpg
claudia.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 1069 times

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

She's definitely dating up.
endless sexless.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 week ago

Wire wrote:
1 week ago

claudia.jpg
Solely on looks of over 40s:

He's a 6 and she's a 7. Not sure how wealth, talent, and personality will sway that as I dont know them.

Wire
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 1 week ago

Johnson wrote:
1 week ago
she's a 7.
chimp.jpg
chimp.jpg (45.97 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
Johnson wrote:
2 weeks ago
Its an excellent film. It really captures the angst of adolescence and it also shows how teachers are somewhat faceless at first to the teenage narrative.
Your tastes are .... :crazy:

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

I actually just checked online to see if I was on my own with thinking its a good film: its got an abundance of 4 star reviews. i had no idea the film was so well reviewed.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

This is Ariana Grande's latest hookup. When I first saw it, I thought she was becoming a lesbian.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ariana- ... 00891.html

Doesn't he look kind of feminine?

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
Wire wrote:
1 week ago

claudia.jpg

He has to have money. Seriously, no woman who looks like that would date downward, unless there
was something in it for her.

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: White women

Post by Xexos » 1 week ago

Why is this forum so dead right now? Where's Afro, pjhair, JLBB, Rudiger and everyone else? I know the last two are temporary banned, but looks like Afro and Pjhair left the forum completely, which is a shame really.
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

Xexos wrote:
1 week ago
Why is this forum so dead right now? Where's Afro, pjhair, JLBB, Rudiger and everyone else? I know the last two are temporary banned, but looks like Afro and Pjhair left the forum completely, which is a shame really.
pjhair left after nameless harassed him with racist remarks and wished for his death:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=227&p=23192#p23192

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=691&p=23276#p23269

And Afro stopped posting because he disapproves of the recent conversations and the moderation.
:christian-cross:

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
1 week ago
pjhair left after nameless harassed him with racist remarks and wished for his death:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=227&p=23192#p23192

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=691&p=23276#p23269

And Afro stopped posting because he disapproves of the recent conversations and the moderation.
Nameless is a leftie maniac who should be put in his place by force and get permabanned. Even at the peak of my immaturity, anger and cringe, i've never reached his stage, which is amazing considering my posts were extremely retarded. Pjhair is much more intelligent, polite and fun to be around than that clown Nameless.

As for Afro, i see he has been driven away for the same reason i was driven away before. Listen Fred, we're all biased somewhat or another, if i was an admin or a moderator, i think i'd surely be able to tolerate racism against the Jews or Christians for example, than to tolerate it against Muslims. It's kinda hypocritical from an objective standpoint, but that's the nature of us humans, we're tribal, biased and hypocritical. I understand you now and i think i couldn't see that before because i was delusional and idealistic and wasn't mature enough to realize that we aren't perfect and we're full of flaws as humans. I no longer blame you that much for being biased toward the Jews since i'm also the same as you.

But my request to you is try to bite the bullet, overcome your weakness as a human, ignore your personal feelings, be fair as much as you can and do what must to be done so that this will not be repeated again.

Hope Pjhair and Afro will come back again, they're top tier posters and a huge plus to this forum. And my recent posts have been all shitposts by the way, don't take them seriously since i've changed than i was before.
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Xexos wrote:
1 week ago
Nameless is a leftie maniac who should be put in his place by force and get permabanned.

But my request to you is try to bite the bullet, overcome your weakness as a human, ignore your personal feelings, be fair as much as you can and do what must to be done so that this will not be repeated again.
And you have members who shall remain unnamed who invert this situation and think nameless is the victim and the people who attacked him (back) should be banned for a year. Wouldn't that be merciful?!

So how do you sort this out? Discernment, personal bias and yes, personal feelings help. I guess it will not shock you if I insert God here: I think none of what He created is bad when put in its proper place. "Feelings are bad and should be disregarded" is a very modern construct. We have feelings for a reason, they provide us with information, and I don't disregard it.

Moderating goes beyond a rigid and logical system: something offensive was said to that person so they should be banned. It's about detecting patterns, repetition, intention, reading between the lines and much more.

Now of course feelings like fear, doubt and anger can mislead us. I wish I had taken decisions I instinctively and immediately knew to be the right one faster in the past. And there are decisions that I regret. I have my weaknesses as a human indeed, and I wish some people realized being fair is hard and certainly not self-evident.

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
1 week ago
And you have members who shall remain unnamed who invert this situation and think nameless is the victim and the people who attacked him (back) should be banned for a year. Wouldn't that be merciful?!

So how do you sort this out? Discernment, personal bias and yes, personal feelings help. I guess it will not shock you if I insert God here: I think none of what He created is bad when put in its proper place. "Feelings are bad and should be disregarded" is a very modern construct. We have feelings for a reason, they provide us with information, and I don't disregard it.

Moderating goes beyond a rigid and logical system: something offensive was said to that person so they should be banned. It's about detecting patterns, repetition, intention, reading between the lines and much more.

Now of course feelings like fear, doubt and anger can mislead us. I wish I had taken decisions I instinctively and immediately knew to be the right one faster in the past. And there are decisions that I regret. I have my weaknesses as a human indeed, and I wish some people realized being fair is hard and certainly not self-evident.
Ignore those people, you're the owner of this damn forum and you should do whatever you want with it. Those people likely only want to see more drama since Nameless is such a drama-queen and jumps on the slightest chance he could find to spawn arguments and conflicts. My theory is that he's most likely still devastated by baldness and possibly other events in his personal life and he releases his frustration by being overly angry and dickish on the internet, i know that since i was exactly the same.

Keep moving forward, be strict and firm. Your forum, your rules, simple as that. If you think something or someone is inappropriate and isn't matching your expectations on what should be on this forum, you should get rid of it immediately, it's not that i really like doing things this way, but sometimes it's the only way to deal with such things.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Xexos wrote:
1 week ago
Ignore those people, you're the owner of this damn forum and you should do whatever you want with it. Those people likely only want to see more drama since Nameless is such a drama-queen and jumps on the slightest chance he could find to spawn arguments and conflicts. My theory is that he's most likely still devastated by baldness and possibly other events in his personal life and he releases his frustration by being overly angry and dickish on the internet, i know that since i was exactly the same.

Keep moving forward, be strict and firm. Your forum, your rules, simple as that. If you think something or someone is inappropriate and isn't matching your expectations on what should be on this forum, you should get rid of it immediately, it's not that i really like doing things this way, but sometimes it's the only way to deal with such things.
I ignore them if their opinion simply doesn't align with mine. I always try to listen carefully but I won't take anyone's opinion as the Gospel. I will also refrain from engaging if the person criticizes my decisions in a passive-aggressive manner rather than being straightforward. Remarks like "unless this and this is done, this forum will keep getting worse!" along with a childish ultimatum. You breaking your toys and leaving is not going to sway me. But directly addressing the problem and building a case with well thought-out arguments might.

Lately I've been trying to act faster when someone goes over my threshold, letting my emotions and gut feeling inform me when it happens. My experience has shown me that hesitation nearly always makes things worse, first for me emotionally and then the situation that's unfolding. When you're in a position of power, it's better to take firm decisions fast, then maybe you can look back later and evaluate whether if they were justified.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Theorising on why we have an over representation of bigoted and volatile posters:

1. this is a hair-loss forum and I would imagine many posters are unhappy with their hair (no shit) and use this place to vent and let off steam. If they are abusive then its just them trying to express their inner rage. I think we should try to be compassionate to them or at the very least, just ignore them (impossible to shout abuse at someone not responding - they'll just look like a nut job).

2. this forum was created on the backdrop of many posters not being able to post on the old forum (or choosing not to due to a moderator). Because they were ban-happy on the old forum; this forum took a more liberal approach to certain posters being abusive (although more strict now).

Sadly, because of these problems, a lot of good posters have left. While some people can ignore the racism, xenaphobia, hate speech, abuse, flame wars, I think many posters just got sick of it and quit.

Seems a worthy note to sign out on.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Johnson wrote:
1 week ago
xenaphobia
Xena-About-to-Kill-Miroku_page-0001.jpg
Xena-About-to-Kill-Miroku_page-0001.jpg (195.62 KiB) Viewed 564 times