IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

rclark wrote:
1 week ago
Here is what you meant to say:

You and @That Guy are both ganging up on her at the same time, so why shouldn't I "white knight" someone when two people
are attacking that person?

If you were that situation, and multiple people were doing it to you at the same time, I would probably "white knight" for you as well.

I've "white knighted" for other people on the board as well, when people were ganging up on someone.
That's really not a "fair fight", if you know what I mean. Especially since nobody can challenge what you say when they have you on their ignore list.

The only person who probably is a "white knight" here is @That Guy . By that I mean
a Klu Klux Klan knight.
Will you please stop it already?

And for the record I'm not a party to ganging up on anyone. I wouldn't do that. All I did was say something that HB disagrees with. She disagrees with my recollection of why she and I were banned. But just because she disagrees with my recollection of events doesn't mean I attacked her. It just means our recollections (may) differ is all. Me having different recollections from her for why she and I were banned is not the same as JLBB calling her a c__t. When JLBB called her a c__t he was attacking her. When I recounted my recollections for why she and I got banned that was just me recalling events as I believe they happened. When you compare what JLBB did to what I did you're comparing apples and oranges.

And HB said she has a boyfriend so you should just be happy for her that she has found happiness with a bf and you should move on.

Added in 1 hour 22 minutes 32 seconds:
HairBlues I'm happy for you that you found love and happiness. I hope it all works out perfectly for you.
Last edited by nameless 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 1 week ago

rclark wrote:
1 week ago
He likes to dress up in white sheets.
It's true

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 week ago

rclark wrote:
1 week ago
You guys that keep giving @Hairblues shit really should just shut the fuck up.

I'm serious. This is especially true for @JLBB. Seriously @JLBB, you're not even from the United States. Stop pretending
you give a shit about politics in the United States. So, shut up and worry about your own country.

Seriously, I don't give a fuck who is in charge of France or England. Nobody believes that @JLBB does either.

And for you @nameless, you did talk shit about @That Guy having an affair with @Hairblues .

You (@nameless) should shut the fuck up as well.

@Hairblues is my favorite poster here. Besides that, it's just fucking disrespectful in many ways.
The United States is the central Western military force globally and the biggest and most expensive by far, as well as a huge driver of collective foreign policy goals. They drive the agenda of other countries including Australia, for which our leadership consistently make clear that they will almost unequivocally support the US in their goals, and do so militarily if required. They also have the most powerful intelligence forces in the world and work together and to some degree set the agenda for much of the work of other agencies outside of domestic networks. Their potential actions affect every other nation whether they like it or not. We are talking potentially trillions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives in cases like Afghanistan and Iraq. On top of that international deployment of troops and resources. The Iran and NK situations have international consequences. Considering interest rates and current debt levels, another Iraq war would bankrupt the United States. American debt levels and a related catastrophe would cause a global crisis, again its an international problem.

On top of that beyond our domestic economic policy they are the biggest influence on the stock market and economy in Australia after China. Excluding dividends and their cumulative effects our stock market roughly follows the US market. Despite having a fifth of the population of China, they are still the largest economy in the world and the most influential on global markets. They are the central driver of technology applications, AI, and various forms of hardware and software globally, everyone in the West is immersed in them. Virtually every economy is ultimately relying on the health of the US economy. The financial crisis was almost solely a consequence of longstanding American government policy + their regulatory environment and their banking sector, yet it was indeed named the *global* financial crisis because of external effects and had gargantuan effects elsewhere particularly on interest rates and levels of debt. Can't get any clearer than that.

And central to that economy is of course the use of services like Google, Facebook, Apple etc. Even in Australia endless searches on economics, culture or global politics etc lead to American media publications and 95% of our time is spent on American products and services; Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, Apple phones, searching through American search engines, cloud services are virtually all American. Security and online privacy all managed by American companies regardless of where you live. Censorship or potential government intervention in these institutions is a global issue, not simply one for the United States. Uber, Tinder, Netflix, Facebook, Instragram, Youtube, Twitter, Snapchat. American companies dominate the media and experiences of people in the West globally, not simply in your own country. There is more influence on the digital lives and media/social media coverage of those in the West by the US than their own countries.

Culturally the US is still the global focal point throughout the West, their films make up 90% of what are viewed and typically other national film productions throughout the West are small indie affairs. Similar situation on streaming services. No one globally cares about Australian politics or culture in general because its a tiny country comparatively, conversely EVERYONE globally sees bombardment in their media of American culture and politics, especially with a character as colourful as Trump in charge. Awards shows such as the Oscars get more publicity even in Australia than any national awards networks. American shows and films are infinitely more advertised. The most famous celebrities here are global, largely American, not Australian.

And politically, the affect on the political vernacular is global. The emphasis on globalism, national, fake news, populism, the term Trumpian to describe anyone with scepticism of immigration or globalist policy of various regards, and association with events like Brexit. Everything is related to Trump no matter where you go. Its not just me, its the whole world obsessed and its driven by the media.

https://7news.com.au/news/nsw/scott-mor ... s-c-630983

"Scott Morrison compared to Donald Trump"

https://www.crikey.com.au/2018/11/12/sc ... urnalists/

"Morrison’s “stop asking questions from the Labor Party” diktat to the ABC has taken Australia one step closer to a political discourse dominated by Trumpian semiotics of “fake news” and “enemies of the people”."

I could go on and on about how downright idiotic your post is, but the fact that none of this even pops into your mind to begin with makes it almost futile to argue in the sense that your IQ and ability to comprehend basic information are so low, if an issue like this is too complex for you then I may as well be arguing with a dog or a cat or the doo doo in the fucking shitter.

"Stop pretending
you give a shit about politics in the United States. So, shut up and worry about your own country.

Seriously, I don't give a fuck who is in charge of France or England. Nobody believes that @JLBB does either. "

The aforementioned information should give you a clue that this is a braindead false equivalence, the United States isn't France and nor is it England. It along with China ultimately have greater influence over our culture and economy than any domestic policies can, barring something very extreme occurring politically. France have a minimal effect on the US and a financial crisis in their country would likely have very mild effects on the US and the global economy, the converse cannot be said to be true. Same with Australia.

I don't sit around worrying about civil liberties or leadership in the middle east all day for example, but anyone who doesn't "give a fuck" about the treatment of women, murder of protesters and lack of a free press, lack of proper education, fostering of terrorism financially and ideologically, cultural violence both socially and through means of war is a fucking idiot. An empty, thoughtless and simple minded shit box. Did I describe you?

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
Is there something going on recently outside of this discussion that has been bothering you?
Nameless' nerves would understandably be on a knifes edge being this close to the AFC championship game, and understandably so.
The Tennessee Titans are just one more improbable victory away from a second Super Bowl appearance.
1999 was the last time the Titans were in the big dance and on that occasion they bravely went down to the high-flying St Louis Rams and the greatest show on turf.

I'm nervous too.
Last edited by blackg 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
Oh Canada, save us all.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

rclark wrote:
1 week ago
It's not about politics or disagreements. I disagree with @pjhair on political issues, that's OK though.

I'm talking about the person who called her a cunt (@JLBB).

That's just fucked up. His bullshit excuse for doing it is just as fucked up.

It does piss me off, to be honest.

People have the right to disagree.

That said, we shouldn't make up bullshit about people either.
For the record, I don't dislike Hairblues, I've always liked her a lot. I just think she was completely off the rails in terms of her predictions and post-analysis regarding Russiagate and subsequently Ukrainegate. Largely an inability to admit she was wrong or look at broader context, a problem sanctioned by and pervading through virtually the entire media class. She also just seemed to totally ignore any contrary information I offered and eventually just made things up or straw manned to the point I didn't know what else to say. I'm not going to argue on the subject any more she can believe what she wants.

Outside of those two issues and the argument that ensued, I like her, value her wellbeing and perspective. Even in terms of direct politics I have no issue with her and think her perspective is worthwhile. Specifically on Trump himself, interpretation of his actions in comparison to how she would view anyone else or their treatment in the media I think she is being irrational, and I think a huge amount of others have the same problem. Even on the left you have people like Glen Greenwald, Matt Taibi, Aaron Mate and Michael Tracey who have been screaming the same thing for three years, its not just me. If you replaced Trump with Romney in these exact same situations, Russiagate wouldn't have been the biggest story in the media for two and a half years. The difference is that Trumps rhetoric inflames people to the point they view his actions differently.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
For the record, I don't dislike Hairblues, I've always liked her a lot. I just think she was completely off the rails in terms of her predictions and post-analysis regarding Russiagate and subsequently Ukrainegate. Largely an inability to admit she was wrong or look at broader context, a problem sanctioned by and pervading through virtually the entire media class. She also just seemed to totally ignore any contrary information I offered and eventually just made things up or straw manned to the point I didn't know what else to say. I'm not going to argue on the subject any more she can believe what she wants.

Outside of those two issues and the argument that ensued, I like her, value her wellbeing and perspective. Even in terms of direct politics I have no issue with her and think her perspective is worthwhile. Specifically on Trump himself, interpretation of his actions in comparison to how she would view anyone else or their treatment in the media I think she is being irrational, and I think a huge amount of others have the same problem. Even on the left you have people like Glen Greenwald, Matt Taibi, Aaron Mate and Michael Tracey who have been screaming the same thing for three years, its not just me. If you replaced Trump with Romney in these exact same situations, Russiagate wouldn't have been the biggest story in the media for two and a half years. The difference is that Trumps rhetoric inflames people to the point they view his actions differently.
I agree with most if this. As much as I love hairblues I have to admit that, to me at least, she does seem to suffer from a moderate form of TDS (trump derangement syndrome).

And please don't mention that bed wetting king of the apologencia: Glen Greenwald.
Oh Canada, save us all.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
The United States is the central Western military force globally and the biggest and most expensive by far, as well as a huge driver of collective foreign policy goals. They drive the agenda of other countries including Australia, for which our leadership consistently make clear that they will almost unequivocally support the US in their goals, and do so militarily if required. They also have the most powerful intelligence forces in the world and work together and to some degree set the agenda for much of the work of other agencies outside of domestic networks. Their potential actions affect every other nation whether they like it or not. We are talking potentially trillions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives in cases like Afghanistan and Iraq. On top of that international deployment of troops and resources. The Iran and NK situations have international consequences. Considering interest rates and current debt levels, another Iraq war would bankrupt the United States. American debt levels and a related catastrophe would cause a global crisis, again its an international problem.

On top of that beyond our domestic economic policy they are the biggest influence on the stock market and economy in Australia after China. Excluding dividends and their cumulative effects our stock market roughly follows the US market. Despite having a fifth of the population of China, they are still the largest economy in the world and the most influential on global markets. They are the central driver of technology applications, AI, and various forms of hardware and software globally, everyone in the West is immersed in them. Virtually every economy is ultimately relying on the health of the US economy. The financial crisis was almost solely a consequence of longstanding American government policy + their regulatory environment and their banking sector, yet it was indeed named the *global* financial crisis because of external effects and had gargantuan effects elsewhere particularly on interest rates and levels of debt. Can't get any clearer than that.

And central to that economy is of course the use of services like Google, Facebook, Apple etc. Even in Australia endless searches on economics, culture or global politics etc lead to American media publications and 95% of our time is spent on American products and services; Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, Apple phones, searching through American search engines, cloud services are virtually all American. Security and online privacy all managed by American companies regardless of where you live. Censorship or potential government intervention in these institutions is a global issue, not simply one for the United States. Uber, Tinder, Netflix, Facebook, Instragram, Youtube, Twitter, Snapchat. American companies dominate the media and experiences of people in the West globally, not simply in your own country. There is more influence on the digital lives and media/social media coverage of those in the West by the US than their own countries.

Culturally the US is still the global focal point throughout the West, their films make up 90% of what are viewed and typically other national film productions throughout the West are small indie affairs. Similar situation on streaming services. No one globally cares about Australian politics or culture in general because its a tiny country comparatively, conversely EVERYONE globally sees bombardment in their media of American culture and politics, especially with a character as colourful as Trump in charge. Awards shows such as the Oscars get more publicity even in Australia than any national awards networks. American shows and films are infinitely more advertised. The most famous celebrities here are global, largely American, not Australian.

And politically, the affect on the political vernacular is global. The emphasis on globalism, national, fake news, populism, the term Trumpian to describe anyone with scepticism of immigration or globalist policy of various regards, and association with events like Brexit. Everything is related to Trump no matter where you go. Its not just me, its the whole world obsessed and its driven by the media.

https://7news.com.au/news/nsw/scott-mor ... s-c-630983

"Scott Morrison compared to Donald Trump"

https://www.crikey.com.au/2018/11/12/sc ... urnalists/

"Morrison’s “stop asking questions from the Labor Party” diktat to the ABC has taken Australia one step closer to a political discourse dominated by Trumpian semiotics of “fake news” and “enemies of the people”."

I could go on and on about how downright idiotic your post is, but the fact that none of this even pops into your mind to begin with makes it almost futile to argue in the sense that your IQ and ability to comprehend basic information are so low, if an issue like this is too complex for you then I may as well be arguing with a dog or a cat or the doo doo in the fucking shitter.

"Stop pretending

Seriously, I don't give a fuck who is in charge of France or England. Nobody believes that @JLBB does either. "

The aforementioned information should give you a clue that this is a braindead false equivalence, the United States isn't France and nor is it England. It along with China ultimately have greater influence over our culture and economy than any domestic policies can, barring something very extreme occurring politically. France have a minimal effect on the US and a financial crisis in their country would likely have very mild effects on the US and the global economy, the converse cannot be said to be true. Same with Australia.

I don't sit around worrying about civil liberties or leadership in the middle east all day for example, but anyone who doesn't "give a fuck" about the treatment of women, murder of protesters and lack of a free press, lack of proper education, fostering of terrorism financially and ideologically, cultural violence both socially and through means of war is a fucking idiot. An empty, thoughtless and simple minded shit box. Did I describe you?
You are seriously brain dead when it comes to issues in the United States, and outsourcing, which is always done here.

How does the United States have a huge impact on the French economy? Explain that to me.

You're wrong on many of these points. The majority of films shown in the United States are not even made there. A lot are made in Canada or other foreign countries.

You have so little understanding of things in the West. For example, you feel that everybody is rich and filled with money. They're not. There's no middle class in the West. There's no Universal Health care in the West.

Why do you feel they are rich?

You should live in the United States for a few months, because I think it would give you a much better perspective of this country.
Think happy thoughts.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

rclark wrote:
1 week ago
You are seriously brain dead when it comes to issues in the United States, and outsourcing, which is always done here.

How does the United States have a huge impact on the French economy? Explain that to me.

You're wrong on many of these points. The majority of films shown in the United States are not even made there. A lot are made in Canada or other foreign countries.

You have so little understanding of things in the West. For example, you feel that everybody is rich and filled with money. They're not. There's no middle class in the West. There's no Universal Health care in the West.

Why do you feel they are rich?

You should live in the United States for a few months, because I think it would give you a much better perspective of this country.
Your relentless, simple minded stupidity and inability to process information never ceases to amaze me.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

rclark wrote:
1 week ago
The majority of films shown in the United States are not even made there. A lot are made in Canada or other foreign countries.

Do you see how that might be painful to read?
Please think about it carefully.

Added in 22 minutes 56 seconds:
blackg wrote:
1 week ago
I agree with most if this. As much as I love hairblues I have to admit that, to me at least, she does seem to suffer from a moderate form of TDS (trump derangement syndrome).

And please don't mention that bed wetting king of the apologencia: Glen Greenwald.
Leaving aside the personal analysis of Hairblues,

The mainstream of the Democratic party has been obsessed with deligitimizing Trump since the shock of the election.

After the vote a lot of people were discussing the recounts, and how Putin might have hacked the voting machines, and how the truth of the Russian pee tape might come out, etc.

Then we had discussions of how the electoral college voters might defect. It was my first time hearing this in any election in my lifetime.

Then we heard about the Mueller report for two years. Mueller was going to find the truth. He was being turned into a Messiah figure. Everybody had to wait for Mueller because he's such a thorough man. He was going to get to the bottom of things. His report came and went.

Next it was impeachment. Impeachment was necessary "to show that this is not ok", and because the legal benefits of impeachment proceedings would allow them to get access to Trump's tax returns (which did not happen), and because the trial might sway voters as truth comes out, as happened with Nixon, which is in fact not happening.

It's been a general psychosis and it makes me worry for the future if he country. Note that the Republican base was also largely insane when Obama was in power.

@JLBB says that Trump's rhetoric inflames people but I think that it's really his style, which includes his rhetoric. He's not "classy", he buys a lot of gold jewelry and furniture, he's into women with very large breasts, he eats a lot of fast food, he dresses like he doesn't give a fuck, he says what he thinks, he prefers reality TV and Twitter to Shakespeare and reddit. In all of those ways and others, he is the anti-Obama.

Contrast to actual federal policies, where he is not the anti-Obama.

The GOP is often accurately described as the party of the 0.01%, but the Democrats are the party of the 3% or so, aspiring doctors, lawyers, academics, small business owners, etc. Illegal immigration does not drive down their wages but it does drive down the wages of workers in many if the industries that provide them wages. Those people have their own interests and narcissism, and want to promote an image of the world that places them on top. Obama was one of them, if you remember before 2008 people used to say that Obama "edited the Harvard law review" as proof that he had a superior intellect. Personally I never gave a fuck.

I also thought that Obama's speeches were well polished, but hollow. In that sense he was like the Marvel studios version of an intellectual.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
The GOP is often accurately described as the party of the 0.01%, but the Democrats are the party of the 3% or so, aspiring doctors, lawyers, academics, small business owners, etc. Illegal immigration does not drive down their wages but it does drive down the wages of workers in many if the industries that provide them wages. Those people have their own interests and narcissism, and want to promote an image of the world that places them on top.
Take out the irrelevant "illegal" part here (legal immigration is the bigger problem) and this is 100% on the mark.

Just ask Trump and his H1B shit. Which, thankfully, there are a lot of white Americans pissed off about.

Trump has done literally the opposite of everything he campaigned on. He also shows that the current white nationalist movement in America is a joke. White Nationalists on the interwebz and sometimes IRL meme'd and supported this guy with all their heart; truly believing he was going to make America great again.

The helped deliver the most openly-Zionist president in US history, who is drowning their country in the world's most-primitive people in "the largest numbers ever" but "legally". At least the ongoing genocide has paperwork for it!

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
1 week ago
Nameless' nerves would understandably be on a knifes edge being this close to the AFC championship game, and understandably so.
The Tennessee Titans are just one more improbable victory away from a second Super Bowl appearance.
1999 was the last time the Titans were in the big dance and on that occasion they bravely went down to the high-flying St Louis Rams and the greatest show on turf.

I'm nervous too.
3 more days and the game will be upon us.

Kansas City doesn't have the defense to win a Championship. The Titans do. The Chiefs have a handful of excellent players but then the rest of the team is mostly average. The Titans have excellent players all throughout the team. I'm still waiting for injury reports, weather reports, and stuff like that before I make my pick but right now I'm definitely thinking Titans.

Yea, I know all of the experts (and almost everyone else) are picking Kansas City but that's just because the experts (and almost everyone else) are overly impressed by Kansas City's passing game. The passing game is basically Quarterback Patrick Mahomes + his pass-catchers WR Tyreek Hill, WR Sammy Watkins, WR. Mecole Hardman, and TE Travis Kelce. The QB + the 3 receivers + the TE. That's mostly what Kansas City has going for it. 5 excellent starting players. What about their other 17 starting players? Yes, they also have a couple of decent defensive linemen but the only one of them that is a true stud is Chris Jones and right now it's looking like he won't play this Sunday.

The Titans on the other hand have drafted well and used Free Agency well over the past 3 - 4 years. They've quietly built a juggernaut spread across the entire team. Their entire starting roster is almost entirely made up of solid to great players all across the roster.

And people talk about the Chief's QB Patrick Mahomes as if he outclass the Titans QB (Ryan Tannehill) by miles but the bottom line is that the #1 QB in 2019 was the Titans Ryan Tannehill. As a matter of fact, Titans QB Ryan Tannehill earned the 4th highest QB rating in NFL history. And people act like he's shit compared to Mahomes. Give me a break!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... k-of-2019/

The experts (and almost everyone else) don't even want to even consider the possibility that the Titans (and Tannehill) might be better than people think they are. I just process the facts and I ignore the noise from everyone else.
Last edited by nameless 1 week ago, edited 4 times in total.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Rclark said:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago

Do you see how that might be painful to read?
Please think about it carefully.
I've been thinking about this riddle for 24 hours now and I still can't find the fault.
Oh Canada, save us all.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
1 week ago

There's a part of this drama that you're missing blackg. JLBB is acting all reasonable now when he explains his guff with HB but it's bs. I also saw the post clark refers to where JLBB called HB a c__t and I saw some of the other shit he posted at her. And I've seen the attack shit JLBB posted at me. He's coarsely rude in the ugliest possible way. He's a jackal. He says he's an artist but having seen the ugliness he posts I can say with certainty that there is no way he could produce artwork of any merit. And the problem with his artwork wouldn't necessarily be technique. The problem with his artwork would be that it's creepy because all art originates in the soul of the artist and JLBB's soul is foul and crude. I'm sure his artwork is hanging on all of the walls of Hell.
Last edited by nameless 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Sometimes a foul soul makes for great art. Though I think I've seen JLBB's work in the local thrift shop.
Oh Canada, save us all.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

That Guy wrote:
1 week ago
I think it's a pretty-lofty stretch goal, to be honest. That may not even be possible. There's a lot of potential variables involving scar tissue, the healing of said scar tissue with Follica, long-term effects of repeatedly cutting chunks out of you, and all kinds of other things that I'm unaware of being seriously studied (yet) that are reasonable to assume could pose obstacles to its feasibility.

If it is possible to do that, it could very well be something you might not want to do more than once.
Change your avatar, Gay Bot.

Added in 2 hours 18 minutes 56 seconds:

Avatars are meant to reflect the things that mean a lot to us in life. Who's with me?
Oh Canada, save us all.