Film and television discussion thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Film and television discussion thread

Post by rclark » 3 days ago

There are over 400000 angry Game of Thrones fans, over season 8. There is a petition for them to rewrite season 8. I thought season 7 sucked just as bad.

JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 3 days ago

rclark wrote:
3 days ago
There are over 400000 angry Game of Thrones fans, over season 8. There is a petition for them to rewrite season 8. I thought season 7 sucked just as bad.
The show has been trash since end of season 4. I'm surprised the unwashed masses even figured out how awful the show is to begin with, but better late than never. 7 and 8 are laughably bad.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 3 days ago

This film I’m excited to see

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 3 days ago

JLBB wrote:
3 days ago
The show has been trash since end of season 4. I'm surprised the unwashed masses even figured out how awful the show is to begin with, but better late than never. 7 and 8 are laughably bad.
I feel like the only non-infant or elderly person in the world who has yet to watch a single episode of Game of Thrones or Keeping up With The Kardashians :roll:
En får væra som en er når'n itte vart som en sku :thumbup:

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 3 days ago

rclark wrote:
3 days ago
400,000 virulent anti-semites, you mean. How dare you criticize that incredible team of writers? Like, there is no other reason why you'd criticize the writing, full of miscegenation, incest, diverse armies, genocides that happen for no reason at all, climate-change zombies and gay eunuchs other than because you hate God's chosen people.

Fucking bigots, the lot of you.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 3 days ago

How people can get so worked up about a stupid TV show is beyond me.
True Western privilege at play here.
marry me, Kaitlin

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by That Guy » 2 days ago

blackg wrote:
3 days ago
How people can get so worked up about a stupid TV show is beyond me.
True Western privilege at play here.
Bread and circus.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 days ago

EvilLocks wrote:
3 days ago
I feel like the only non-infant or elderly person in the world who has yet to watch a single episode of Game of Thrones or Keeping up With The Kardashians :roll:
You're definitely not alone. I never watched an episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians either.
That makes me the only non-infant who never watched it.

JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 2 days ago

That Guy wrote:
3 days ago
400,000 virulent anti-semites, you mean. How dare you criticize that incredible team of writers? Like, there is no other reason why you'd criticize the writing, full of miscegenation, incest, diverse armies, genocides that happen for no reason at all, climate-change zombies and gay eunuchs other than because you hate God's chosen people.

Fucking bigots, the lot of you.
Ok beginning to think your Jew this Jew that shtick is approaching performance artist/troll/NiggerG territory now.

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:
EvilLocks wrote:
3 days ago
You're probably lucky then. Its often mildly entertaining in an exploitative sense but I feel like the main reason I and many others watch it at this point is only due to its cultural prevalence and to complain about it.

Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 2 days ago

JLBB wrote:
2 days ago
You're probably lucky then. Its often mildly entertaining in an exploitative sense but I feel like the main reason I and many others watch it at this point is only due to its cultural prevalence and to complain about it.
Exactly. There's no getting around this shows cultural prevalence. The show will be a benchmark for future shows. Even though a lot of people dislike it, there's even more people who absolutely love it. It's just that the ones who like it move are happy and move on, whereas the people who hate it will continue to hate on it as the unhappy will be more vocal about their dislike.

I for one am happy I have watched it. It's definitely not the best series I've seen, I wouldn't even say it's good. But to miss out on a show that has been and continues to be the subject in watercooler talk all over the planet would be a misfortune. The first few seasons were rougher, but felt a lot more authentic. Like it really could be an alternate reality where people lived like that. But when the following seasons came out they really came into their own league. In the sense of artistically recorded scenes, character development, and in the portrayal of this vast world. I think their undisputed masterpiece is episode 5 in season 4. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility, at the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding seasons. Seeing the characters grow older, the character development albeit sometimes poorly depicted has been a pleasure to keep up with. That's why I rate Keeping up with the Kardashians a 5/10.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 2 days ago

Watching Man seeking Woman and there’s literally an episode on baldness....the grim reaper shows up to take his hair :lol: :lol: :lol:

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JLBB wrote:
2 days ago
Ok beginning to think your Jew this Jew that shtick is approaching performance artist/troll/NiggerG territory now.
Nope, it just seems that way because there are in fact that many jews everywhere in media.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 days ago

The day I start watching shows like Game of Drones and Waking up with the Kardashians just so I can be part of the heard-like watercooler discussion, is the day I give up.
marry me, Kaitlin

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
2 days ago
The day I start watching shows like Game of Drones and Waking up with the Kardashians just so I can be part of the heard-like watercooler discussion, is the day I give up.
That's gonna be the day? You don't want to be part of the "herd"?

You may want to rethink your stance as an NPC then

yettee
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 1 day ago

That Guy wrote:
2 days ago
Nope, it just seems that way because there are in fact that many jews everywhere in media.
:cry: