Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Re: Forum features - updates, suggestions and bug reports

Post by Admin » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
Is there a way to turn off notifications from people on the ignore list?
Not yet unfortunately:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2512191
“Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 :christian-cross:

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 months ago

Admin wrote:
3 months ago
Not yet unfortunately:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2512191
Thank you for looking into it.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 months ago

What does it mean if messages are in the outbox and not in the sent mail folder?
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
What does it mean if messages are in the outbox and not in the sent mail folder?
That the user you sent it to hasn't read it yet.

As long as they haven't read it, you can delete it and they won't receive it.
“Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 :christian-cross:

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 1 month ago

The forum guidelines and privacy policy have been moved to a new 'Rules' page that future members will have to accept upon registration. It is accessible in the top links of the site:

forum-rules.jpg
forum-rules.jpg (32.91 KiB) Viewed 909 times

You will all receive a notification that the forum rules have been updated. I haven't changed anything compared to the old page but it's always good to get reacquainted with the rules :x.

:angel:

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Admin wrote:
1 month ago
:x.
:worried:
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 1 month ago

A "dark style" is now available.

If you want to activate it, click on your username in the upper right corner of the screen, then 'User Control Panel', then 'Board Preferences' and choose 'Prosilver (Dark Edition)' in the 'My Board Style' list.

iohl_dark_style2.jpg
iohl_dark_style2.jpg (135.92 KiB) Viewed 793 times

Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 1 month ago

Admin wrote:
1 month ago
A "dark style" is now available.

If you want to activate it, click on your username in the upper right corner of the screen, then 'User Control Panel', then 'Board Preferences' and choose 'Prosilver (Dark Edition)' in the 'My Board Style' list.

iohl_dark_style2.jpg
Someone very cool inspired this.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 4 weeks ago

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
I‘ve just tried to award a „reputational point“. Maybe it‘s because I‘m on my cell, but it wouldn‘t let me.
Sometimes the login times out, but the browser is showing the wrong status. It's showing the cached login screen.

We just need to login again, to give reputation points.
Think happy thoughts.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 4 weeks ago

@rclark

Just typing @ and the username of the user is not sufficient to properly mention/tag someone.

You have to either click on their username which will automatically appear after @ like shown below, or highlight the username and click on mention.

Please try to mention properly, if only to make it do what you want it to do, which is for the user you mention to get a notification. Thanks.

proper_mention.jpg
proper_mention.jpg (32.26 KiB) Viewed 362 times
rclark wrote:
4 weeks ago
Sometimes the login times out, but the browser is showing the wrong status. It's showing the cached login screen.

We just need to login again, to give reputation points.
99% of the time, my login never times out, and I guess it's the same for 99% of the forum since there were almost no complaints about this.

Yes, losing your login can happen and I've had it happen to me when I tried to connect on an instable network, it must be some kind of security measure.

Other than that your login cookie should remain indefinitely if you ticked that 'Remember me' box.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

Like many people recently, I've lost my Google advertising because of "invalid traffic" as their e-mail says. Google says that the ads will be temporarily limited but after looking it up online, it's complete bullshit and your account never gets reinstated. At least not for the people who have experienced the same so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/juststart/comm ... d_adsense/

It's common for Google and YouTube (which are owned by the same company) to screw over "little" clients in this manner. Everything is set up so that you can't contact them and appeal, unless you're Forbes or something.

I'll leave the ad space right below the first post active in case it gets reinstated, but as I've said, there's no reason to be optimistic about it. The good news is that you can now enjoy this website ad-free, the bad news is that I'm left without ad revenue.

So...

bernie-sanders-I-am-once-again-asking-for-your-financial-support-meme.jpg
bernie-sanders-I-am-once-again-asking-for-your-financial-support-meme.jpg (63.99 KiB) Viewed 126 times

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Guest-2 » 1 week ago

Admin wrote:
1 week ago
Like many people recently, I've lost my Google advertising because of "invalid traffic" as their e-mail says. Google says that the ads will be temporarily limited but after looking it up online, it's complete bullshit and your account never gets reinstated. At least not for the people who have experienced the same so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/juststart/comm ... d_adsense/

It's common for Google and YouTube (which are owned by the same company) to screw over "little" clients in this manner. Everything is set up so that you can't contact them and appeal, unless you're Forbes or something.

I'll leave the ad space right below the first post active in case it gets reinstated, but as I've said, there's no reason to be optimistic about it. The good news is that you can now enjoy this website ad-free, the bad news is that I'm left without ad revenue.

So...

bernie-sanders-I-am-once-again-asking-for-your-financial-support-meme.jpg
Is it content based?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 week ago
Is it content based?
This sanction? No, no it's not because of That Guys's 4chan content ;).

There are content-based regulations and they mostly means that ads simply that ads simply won't appear on content which is not suitable for advertisers. This forum is fully conform to the American law and the Google Adsense program.

Here it's most likely about the Google bots being too sensitive and punishing me for the fraudulent bots behavior which make up for half the internet traffic these days. They won't reveal any information about the traffic anomaly they detected so that spambot manufacturers cannot learn to bypass their detection rules.

So us webmasters are left in the dark, I've looked at my stats and nothing unusual appears, there wasn't even a spike in revenue, just my usual 1€ a day on average. But I shouldn't rack my brain too much about it, the other people concerned by this sanction didn't do anything wrong as far as they could tell either, it's just that lately, Google's bots have become too sensitive. They can't afford to lose a single cent, you see!

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/goo ... wn/322123/

I've already applied for Google's direct competitor in the advertising business and they'll tell me in a few days in my website is eligible for their ad program. So fingers crossed for evil capitalist Fred :).