SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4998
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8965

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

The fact that a thread about SMP has not been created on this forum yet shows how little faith hair loss sufferers still have in this (partial) solution.

And I'm not going to help the situation with the first example posted in this thread. I just saw a guy post his SMP result in the impact section of HairlossTalk:

Image

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1737714

Man you know I don't want to be unnecessarily mean and shit on this guy's result and apparent happiness, but am I the only who's just let's say... absolutely not convinced by such result?

It seems to be a permanent form of SMP which I would never recommend. I'll probably balance out this thread later by posting actual good results for which temporary SMP (or tricopigmentation) was used.

But that case above is exactly what you don't want SMP to look like in my opinion. It looks too strong, too dark, out of place, I can tell immediately that something is off. That said, the general public will probably instantly think that this guy is just shaving his head, as I've seen many of those guys who had a horrible SMP result in real life and the people I pointed it out to just wouldn't believe that their hair was tattooed.

What you do you guys think?
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. - Matthew 6:22 :christian-cross:

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2039
Norwood: NW3.5

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8966

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago

What you do you guys think?
It looks like shit. Like he has a dirty scalp or dermatitis. But if he is happy...

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 881
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1618
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8967

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
The fact that a thread about SMP has not been created on this forum yet shows how little faith hair loss sufferers still have in this (partial) solution.

And I'm not going to help the situation with the first example posted in this thread. I just saw a guy post his SMP result in the impact section of HairlossTalk:

Image

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1737714

Man you know I don't want to be unnecessarily mean and shit on this guy's result and apparent happiness, but am I the only who's just let's say... absolutely not convinced by such result?

It seems to be a permanent form of SMP which I would never recommend. I'll probably balance out this thread later by posting actual good results for which temporary SMP (or tricopigmentation) was used.

But that case above is exactly what you don't want SMP to look like in my opinion. It looks too strong, too dark, out of place, I can tell immediately that something is off. That said, the general public will probably instantly think that this guy is just shaving his head, as I've seen many of those guys who had a horrible SMP result in real life and the people I pointed it out to just wouldn't believe that their hair was tattooed.

What you do you guys think?
Is this really the end result?
In this pic, two things strike me immediately: the unnatural red part on top - and the tiny lips. Not meant to be mean, just stating how it is for me.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2039
Norwood: NW3.5

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8968

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
Is this really the end result?
In this pic, two things strike me immediately: the unnatural red part on top - and the tiny lips. Not meant to be mean, just stating how it is for me.
How many matches do you think he will get on Tinder with exactly this profile pic? xD

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4998
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8969

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Arjen wrote:
1 year ago
Is this really the end result?
In this pic, two things strike me immediately: the unnatural red part on top - and the tiny lips. Not meant to be mean, just stating how it is for me.
Our criticism may be a bit unfair since the redness you see here is not permanent and he only had one session.

But I fail to see how this would get any better. Something else springs to mind for me: even if (a good) SMP would be a marked improvement compared to the slick bald look, you can't dress like this, you need a sharp look, fitting clothes to make it work.

The seemingly tiny lips might be due to the forced expression on his face. Anyway, this is certainly not a good publicity for the SMP procedure in general, and we might sound mean but wait to see what's coming from the BDD bozos on HairlossTalk. I fear he's going to be ripped apart.
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. - Matthew 6:22 :christian-cross:

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 881
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1618
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8970

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
How many matches do you think he will get on Tinder with exactly this profile pic? xD
He‘d be slaying, particularly in Zurich.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2039
Norwood: NW3.5

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8971

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

I don't see the point of SMP on white people particular. You still look bald as fuck. What's the point?

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4998
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8972

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
I don't see the point of SMP on white people particular. You still look bald as fuck. What's the point?
Mainly making people believe that you choose to shave your head, to be bald by choice, which can by itself take you out of the "bald loser" category.

It was basically the "trick" that I was playing on people after my first hair transplant. 2000 grafts on a NW5 if grown out would have looked way to thin to be viable.

But shaving it to 9mm on top and .5mm on the sides successfully gave me that SMP effect, or a hair line as long as my head was not blasted with light. And it worked, I spent 1.5 with a en ex-girlfriend without her ever wondering if I would be able to grow my hair out.

And my current girlfriend told me she would have never suspected it when I confessed to her that my hair back in 2017 was the result of a hair transplant. She thought I had normal hair that I just chose to shave. And no she wasn't lying to make me feel better, she just doesn't do that, she thinks something, she'll say it bluntly, and the best you can hope for from her is an immediate apology "sorry, tell me if I'm too honest, I can't help it!".

So yeah, there is a point, it's to get you out of the bald category, the aesthetic effect in itself remains quite limited. I still think a combination of around 5000 grafts through FUE and the addition of state-of-the-art SMP could be deadly, like hair transplant veteran Spex did:

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. - Matthew 6:22 :christian-cross:

Baldingat20
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 80
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Propecia

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8973

Post by Baldingat20 » 1 year ago

Actually doesn’t look bad at all. I’m thinking of quiting propecia and buzzing my head so maybe it would work if combined with some other looksmax things

User avatar
shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 57
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 103
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator
Location: Scotland

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8974

Post by shadylane » 1 year ago

I've heard a few good doctors say this can work well mixed with a tranasplant, not seen a good example yet though.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1329
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1780
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8976

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

He looks like he is gonna audition for airbender. Looks like shit. He should just stay with the shaved look.

Diogenes
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 7
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: Cope mode

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8985

Post by Diogenes » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
It looks like shit. Like he has a dirty scalp or dermatitis. But if he is happy...
"Looks fresh and slick man! Go rock it! "

LOL, Is that your comment on that thread?

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2039
Norwood: NW3.5

SMP (scalp micropigmentation) thread

#8991

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Diogenes wrote:
1 year ago
"Looks fresh and slick man! Go rock it! "

LOL, Is that your comment on that thread?
Shhhhhh :D

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post