Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by pjhair » 1 year ago

In the following video, Joe Rogan discusses baldness with his guest. His guest said that he has been holding on to his hair just by minoxidil since he was 22. He looks like he is in his late thirties to forties so it's safe to say that he has been using the drug for fifteen plus years. I don't see any wrinkles so that's something positive. Also good to know that minoxidil can maintain hair for a long time.

Here is a video of Joe discussing baldness with Dave Rubin. He mentions that he got a hair transplant when he was in his twenties and has a scar at the back of his head. Rubin seems to be in NW2.5 or early NW3. He has been like that for years now. Probably takes some medication.
Last edited by Admin 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Trump 2020

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 1 year ago

I generally like Joe Rogan, but I can't agree with him when he says shit like "I prefer being bald, I don't miss my hair." Sure you do, Joe, sure you do.
Attachments
XAKEMO9.jpg
XAKEMO9.jpg (25.19 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
1 year ago
I generally like Joe Rogan, but I can't agree with him when he says shit like "I prefer being bald, I don't miss my hair." Sure you do, Joe, sure you do.
Let's be honest here, the first thing that comes to mind when you see that picture is: "wow, that's a different person!".

I mean you could spend minutes staring at it wondering if it's truly Joe Rogan. And there would be no way arout it: he just looks much better.

I know he's much younger but a man's facial structure doesn't start to sag before well into his 50's most of the time. 20 year old Brad Pitt and 50 year old Brad Pitt don't look that different, hell his older version sometimes even looks better!

Today my girlfriend and I visited my parents and there was this old picture of me on my mother's desk. I was 16, now 28, and for the first time, thanks to my two hair transplants, anyone who'd look at that picture would be able to say: "You look the same!" not "Wow, you had hair!" like I got for the last 7 years. Such a big relief.

Baldness doesn't only make you older, it can also turn you into a completely different person. Joe Rogan is lying to himself when he says he doesn't miss having hair. As @That Guy said, if there was a safe and full-blown cure tomorrow, he'd be one of the first to use it. "Ah uh, about how much I didn't care about having hair..." Not point denying the obvious Joe.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Post by MadScientist » 1 year ago

God I hate Dave Rubin... He’s such a dumb ass, phony... Joe Rogan though... Is interesting. I think he’s made peace with it. I think if he had hair, he wouldn’t have been a UFC commentator, he wouldn’t have a successful podcast as he does now. I think he’s a rare case where it worked out alright...

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by That Guy » 1 year ago

Joe Rogan is one of the "bald heroes" I've referred to in the past who, regardless of whatever he might say, will be among the first to go turncoat the second a cure is available. I mean, he admits to a transplant.

I don't know if you guys have been following, but Tsuji recently had a press conference where they announced they've both overcome the cell multiplication problem and successfully developed machines to process them and will begin their human trials next year. Given that they've done this with human cells, and used human cells to grow hair in other animals, there's honestly little reason to doubt it will be successful.

I would bet money that Joe will be among the bald icons to shell out the cash to get that done ASAP.

I just want to hear the reasoning people like him will give for going back on their word. I wonder if any of them will be honest and be like "I was only saying that"

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 year ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
1 year ago
I think Joe lied when the guest asked him if a hypothetical pill restores your hair similar to your 18 years old self, will you take it? Joe said no.
Trump 2020

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
Let's be honest here, the first thing that comes to mind when you see that picture is: "wow, that's a different person!".

I mean you could spend minutes staring at it wondering if it's truly Joe Rogan. And there would be no way arout it: he just looks much better.

I know he's much younger but a man's facial structure doesn't start to sag before well into his 50's most of the time. 20 year old Brad Pitt and 50 year old Brad Pitt don't look that different, hell his older version sometimes even looks better!

Today my girlfriend and I visited my parents and there was this old picture of me on my mother's desk. I was 16, now 28, and for the first time, thanks to my two hair transplants, anyone who'd look at that picture would be able to say: "You look the same!" not "Wow, you had hair!" like I got for the last 7 years. Such a big relief.

Baldness doesn't only make you older, it can also turn you into a completely different person. Joe Rogan is lying to himself when he says he doesn't miss having hair. As @That Guy said, if there was a safe and full-blown cure tomorrow, he'd be one of the first to use it. "Ah uh, about much I didn't care about having hair..." Not point denying the obvious Joe.
I had something "similar" happen. My ID picture is 7 years old. I was 20 at that time. I had a Norwood 1,5 at that time (but was terrible with women to appreciate it....damn). Anyway, girlfriend like to see old pictures and she grabbed my ID and said: "Damn, how old is that? You look so different". Yeah, bitch I did, its called norwooding into hairlosstalk.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
I had something "similar" happen. My ID picture is 7 years old. I was 20 at that time. I had a Norwood 1,5 at that time (but was terrible with women to appreciate it....damn). Anyway, girlfriend like to see old pictures and she grabbed my ID and said: "Damn, how old is that? You look so different". Yeah, bitch I did, its called norwooding into hairlosstalk.
The required politically correct language: they say different because they don't want to say better. I know what it's like, they usually pause before dropping the 'different': "T'avais l'air si... différent!".
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

That Guy wrote:
1 year ago
Joe Rogan is one of the "bald heroes" I've referred to in the past who, regardless of whatever he might say, will be among the first to go turncoat the second a cure is available. I mean, he admits to a transplant.

I don't know if you guys have been following, but Tsuji recently had a press conference where they announced they've both overcome the cell multiplication problem and successfully developed machines to process them and will begin their human trials next year. Given that they've done this with human cells, and used human cells to grow hair in other animals, there's honestly little reason to doubt it will be successful.

I would bet money that Joe will be among the bald icons to shell out the cash to get that done ASAP.

I just want to hear the reasoning people like him will give for going back on their word. I wonder if any of them will be honest and be like "I was only saying that"
Joe Rogan is anyway very blue pill sometimes and he is almost always agreeing on anything his guest are saying (and he likes to shit talk the moment the Guest is leaving). Anyway, if Joe did some research and stayed on finasteride and got himself to a decent hair transplant surgeon and not the cheap one he did, I believe he would now talk like this: "Bruh...you have to appreciate the new technology ITS NOT EVIL! I love what they did to my hair bruh".
If you don't know Joe Rogan's Podcast and see him in the GYM, you would think he is another buffed up baldie. Nothing special.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
The required politically correct language: they say different because they don't want to say better. I know what it's like, they usually pause before dropping the 'different': "T'avais l'air si... différent!".
Haha yeah. They look at it, think a little and then because polite and shit: "You look different".
But to be fair, what would you say if your girlfriend was a fatty 5 years back and she shows you pictures? I would also say something like: "WoW so different....nice". You cant say: "Good lord thanks I'm dating the slim version of you!"

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
1 year ago
Yeah I was watching this interview too, hoping to hear something inspiring.
As soon as Joe puffed out his chest and declared "I prefer being bald, I don't miss my hair" I just rolled my eyes and sighed my usual jaded reaction when I hear someone toeing the party line.

Blah, blah...
Save me from rabid feminism.