I got banned from HairLossTalk for no reason

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Paxis
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Bla

I got banned from HairLossTalk for no reason

Post by Paxis » 1 year ago

Hey,

as my name here, my name on HairLossTalk is also Paxis.
I recently got banned for "spam".
I tried to contact the admis but got no response.

I havent even posted anything the last two weeks:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/m ... nt-content

In general I was really inactive recently, as you can tell from the time stamps.
The ban came in like last week.

I made a new account there to create a new thread but first I need to await for an approval of the admins to post anything...

Wtf is this for real? Did any of you experience stuff like that? Its not like I "need" HairLossTalk. I just hate to be treated wrong and accused falsely.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Re: I got banned from HairLossTalk for no reason

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Welcome to the club buddy, and welcome to this forum.

You can get more information about everything that has happened on HairlossTalk in this (huge) thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29

Only yesterday, I realized that on top of Wolf Pack's personal vendetta with @Rudiger first and then me (both permanently banned), some members might just have been banned for financial reasons, because the content they posted were bad for business for some reason. Maybe HairlossTalk's sponsors wanted them gone or something.

HairlossTalk's webmaster remains silent as well as the moderators, so I wouldn't waste my time trying to get answers, either you won't get any, or it will be outright lies. They did with all the members who were banned, like @Hairblues or @rclark .

They got crazily trigger-happy at a point and the vast majority of the regulars got so fed up that we just migrated to this forum. HairlossTalk's state has just been getting worse and worse lately, with the misuse of my personal pictures and harassment by the moderator Wolf Pack on his alt accounts dhtbaldy and WasAGinger.

This is Fred/WhitePolarBear in case you hadn't figured it out.

Yeah, this whole situation sucks, and it seems there's nothing we can do about it, just know that you have a safe space here and you can make public any grievances you have.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » 1 year ago

I asked the moderator a simple question when I opened a new account there and received a rude NO in block capitals. I thought to myself wtf is that about.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

shadylane wrote:
1 year ago
I asked the moderator a simple question when I opened a new account there and received a rude NO in block capitals. I thought to myself wtf is that about.
They think that's OK to treat their members this way and that they can get away with it.

I saw Wolf Pack tell @Rudiger when he was banned: "posting here is a privilege, GTFO!" So that NO in block capitals isn't surprising.

He also liked a post suggesting that the people who have a problem with the moderator's decisions could just go and create their own forum.

Great suggestion.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
They think that's OK to treat their members this way and that they can get away with it.

I saw Wolf Pack tell Rudiger when he was banned: "posting here is a privilege, GTFO!" So that NO in block capitals isn't surprising.

He also liked a post suggesting that the people who have a problem with the moderator's decisions could just go and create their own forum.

Great suggestion.
They are going to end up with no decent members left at this rate.

I would rather post somewhere else as it's all doom and gloom on there and people dismissing every possible treatment/option.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Paxis wrote:
1 year ago
Hey,

as my name here, my name on HairLossTalk is also Paxis.
I recently got banned for "spam".
I tried to contact the admis but got no response.

I havent even posted anything the last two weeks:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/m ... nt-content

In general I was really inactive recently, as you can tell from the time stamps.
The ban came in like last week.

I made a new account there to create a new thread but first I need to await for an approval of the admins to post anything...

Wtf is this for real? Did any of you experience stuff like that? Its not like I "need" HairLossTalk. I just hate to be treated wrong and accused falsely.
Wow I remember you!!! Very active in research and never negative towards anyone.

Welcome!

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 year ago

It may sound odd, but perhaps they are trying to kill the impact section on that forum.

They've spent the last 9 months banning people for minor transgressions, whereas in the past the censorship and moderating was kept to a minimum.

Its almost as if they don't want an active impact section.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Johnson wrote:
1 year ago
It may sound odd, but perhaps they are trying to kill the impact section on that forum.

They've spent the last 9 months banning people for minor transgressions, whereas in the past the censorship and moderating was kept to a minimum.

It's partly that, but there's a reason they're focusing on the impact section in particular. That's where balding men (and women) go to rant, to pour out their resentment, sometimes right after they've been laughed at by a family member, a friend, a coworker, and of course you can be sure that what they will write won't be advertiser-friendly.

I think @Hairblues hit the nail on the head here. It's about his revenue, about money, you know how people used to come to the HairlossTalk's impact section and say that they had never seen such a place on the internet, that it was the only place with true freedom of speech? Now it's true that it came with a price, and some HairlossTalk members are right when they say that some people could get away with murder in that section.

But it also allowed us to discover some posters who are gems and would never have dared to spread their knowledge anywhere else. They were lurking, saw posts by people like me or the other members of this website and thought: "damn! This rings true! I also think like that!" And yeah sometimes, ugly thoughts got out, and I've been picked apart by various members like you wouldn't believe. Some of them came here and there are absolutely no hard feelings on my part.

But in the end, it was an enriching experience, this forum made me a better person, after all, that was were I saw a video of Jordan Peterson being posted for the first time, and my ennemies wouldn't hesitate put their finger where it hurt and sometimes, what they said was right.

Now HairlossTalk has become like almost any other forum on the internet. Controversy has been banished, which means that this place is now sterile and uninteresting. So while Kevin will keep his advertisers, he will lose a lot of traffic.

HairlossTalk became a tyranny at the hands of his now authoritarian staff and its sponsors, but it's OK, we managed to successfully escape it and that's what matters the most here.

And by the way guys, it was out there in the open all along:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/register/
We've opted to keep HairLossTalk free of negativity.
That really says it all, that line means HairlossTalk can never become what it was again.

Good luck keeping a goddamn hair loss forum "free of negativity".

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 year ago

It certainly makes us wiser, if not better.

I don't know about you folks but I am a little nostalgic about my blue pill days. There is happiness to be found in ignorance. Those blue pill days where you truly believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm currently flirting between the red pillism that can be found amongst Rolla Tomassi and RooshV and just plain old lookism. Perhaps there is some truth somewhere around the middle.

Paxis
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: Bla

Post by Paxis » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
Welcome to the club buddy, and welcome to this forum.

You can get more information about everything that has happened on HairlossTalk in this (huge) thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29

Only yesterday, I realized that on top of Wolf Pack's personal vendetta with @Rudiger first and then me (both permanently banned), some members might just have been banned for financial reasons, because the content they posted were bad for business for some reason. Maybe HairlossTalk's sponsors wanted them gone or something.

HairlossTalk's webmaster remains silent as well as the moderators, so I wouldn't waste my time trying to get answers, either you won't get any, or it will be outright lies. They did with all the members who were banned, like @Hairblues or @rclark .

They got crazily trigger-happy at a point and the vast majority of the regulars got so fed up that we just migrated to this forum. HairlossTalk's state has just been getting worse and worse lately, with the misuse of my personal pictures and harassment by the moderator Wolf Pack on his alt accounts dhtbaldy and WasAGinger.

This is Fred/WhitePolarBear in case you hadn't figured it out.

Yeah, this whole situation sucks, and it seems there's nothing we can do about it, just know that you have a safe space here and you can make public any grievances you have.
Damn, Fred you are alive? I remember when I joined HairLossTalk back then and read many of your posts. Always had a good read.
I noticed it very late, that you got banned, just when I stumbled across some old posts of yours.

I literally did NOTHING and got banned. It's really really strange.
I do remember Hairblues and rclark.

Thanks for all the info. I feel a bit enlightened.
Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
Wow I remember you!!! Very active in research and never negative towards anyone.

Welcome!
Lol, you are here too? This feels like an anonymous alcoholics meeting, where only the cool kids were invited!
I also remember you very well. You always had a strong opinion, but nothing outrageoues or even ban worthy. I was kind of shocked when i discovered the "banned" tag underneath your profile.

I would also view myself as a neutral person, but meh.
Johnson wrote:
1 year ago

I have not been on the impact section the last half year or so. In general, I am mostly on the meme train of lord brotzu.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

Johnson wrote:
1 year ago

That is possible. It may contribute to the overall situation.

To be honest, there's only one person on that forum who ever scared me -- sad vegeta. He posted before most of your times, but he was nuts, and his insanity was captivating. He basically took over the entire forum in a 72-hour span. The moderators did something that I had not seen before, they not only banned him, but they deleted all of his posts and all of the replies to his posts. The only thing that remained of him was a quote in Dench57's signature, that he would kill a woman if she made fun of his small penis.

However, they might be afraid that someone can go Elliott Rodger, and then they'd be in the news. Bodybuilding.com was in the news after Elliott Rodger, though I think that was ok, it was mostly a quote from that other poster telling him that he might be scaring off women by giving serial killer vibes.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
It's partly that, but there's a reason they're focusing on the impact section in particular. That's where balding men (and women) go to rant, to pour out their resentment, sometimes right after they've been laughed at by a family member, a friend, a coworker, and of course you can be sure that what they will write won't be advertiser-friendly.

I think @Hairblues hit the nail on the head here. It's about his revenue, about money, you know how people used to come to the HairlossTalk's impact section and say that they had never seen such a place on the internet, that it was the only place with true freedom of speech? Now it's true that it came with a price, and some HairlossTalk members are right when they say that some people could get away with murder in that section.

But it also allowed us to discover some posters who are gems and would never have dared to spread their knowledge anywhere else. They were lurking, saw posts by people like me or the other members of this website and thought: "damn! This rings true! I also think like that!" And yeah sometimes, ugly thoughts got out, and I've been picked apart by various members like you wouldn't believe. Some of them came here and there are absolutely no hard feelings on my part.

But in the end, it was an enriching experience, this forum made me a better person, after all, that was were I saw a video of Jordan Peterson being posted for the first time, and my ennemies wouldn't hesitate put their finger where it hurt and sometimes, what they said was right.

Now HairlossTalk has become like almost any other forum on the internet. Controversy has been banished, which means that this place is now sterile and uninteresting. So while Kevin will keep his advertisers, he will lose a lot of traffic.

HairlossTalk became a tyranny at the hands of his now authoritarian staff and its sponsors, but it's OK, we managed to successfully escape it and that's what matters the most here.

And by the way guys, it was out there in the open all along:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/register/

That really says it all, that line means HairlossTalk can never become what it was again.

Good luck keeping a goddamn hair loss forum "free of negativity".
Are they actually making good money? Off what?

I did notice that they can't write "Bisanga" on the forum anymore, which coincided with Swoop no longer posting after a while. That supports the theory that they care about money.

There's also their Admin's disappointing behavior on the spironolactone issue.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
Are they actually making good money? Off what?
Their shop, sponsors, hair transplant surgeons whose names are not censored.

Once you have as much traffic as HairlossTalk, you can make good money as Price's Law comes into play.

HairlossTalk's growth has been exponential in that regard, as it's still the most popular hair loss website on the internet.

But the problem is that his suppliers, sponsors and of course the surgeons can dictate their own terms to an extent.

This is all speculation of course, but we can imagine that some of them took a look at what was discussed on the forum and told Kevin that they didn't want any of those controversial discussions to be associated with their name or products.

One thing is sure, the webmaster of HairlossTalk doesn't care about the concerns of his community anymore. And as I've said, he wasn't always like this, so something must have changed.

Mr Big
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: finasteride

Post by Mr Big » 1 year ago

I initially thought Wolf Pack was a good guy, but now I realise he was talking shit the whole time. Don't know anyone who would spend heaps of time on a hair loss forum saying how good looking he was, had minor hair loss compared to others and that he was a 'thick' nw3 with great donor hair... the way he said it was to make other people feel like shit..

Someone like that should never be allowed to be a moderator on a forum.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Mr Big wrote:
1 year ago
I initially thought Wolf Pack was a good guy, but now I realise he was talking shit the whole time. Don't know anyone who would spend heaps of time on a hair loss forum saying how good looking he was, had minor hair loss compared to others and that he was a 'thick' nw3 with great donor hair... the way he said it was to make other people feel like shit..

Someone like that should never be allowed to be a moderator on a forum.
Who are you?