Two years of treatments, mostly minoxidil + RU58841

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: Two years of treatments, mostly minoxidil + RU58841

Post by Exodus » 1 year ago

afro you look like the professional fighting game player reo, guy on the right:

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

shadylane wrote:
1 year ago
Think I'm going to give this a shot, I tried topical finasteride around 2 months ago and I got sides after 4 days....It was only 0.05%
How many ml were you taking of your 0.05% solution?
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
How many ml were you taking of your 0.05% solution?
It was liposomal finasteride gel containing minoxdil and I would say I was using about 2ml max once a day.

On the 4th day I started getting bad ball ache, no morning wood and I felt quite depressed.

Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
Regenepure shampoo

Post by Johnt1997 » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
I had a hair treatment thread here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... ils.99202/
That started in August 2016. I went from a receding NW2.5 to a stable NW2. How bald I look depends on the angle: I have great hair in the crown area, good hair on the left temple, and weaker hair on the right temple. I would like better hair, but I think that this is good as I can do on current treatments. I also get better haircuts now.

I was on a combination of treatments for two years, but the main pieces are 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil once a day in the morning after my shower, and ~20 mg/day of RU58841 58841 dissolved into the minoxidil. To dissolve RU58841, I use the following math:
- 5 grams of RU58841 (what I got) is roughly equal to 2 teaspoons, I measured this in a small measuring cup.
- So 1/8 of a teaspoon gives ~300 milligrams.
- Put 300 mg in a 60 ml bottle of liquid minoxidil, then you get 5 mg of RU58841 a day.
- So for 20 mg/day, you need 1.2 grams of RU58841, roughly equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon.
- So whenever you start a minoxidil bottle, put in 0.5 teaspoons of RU58841, shake, and drop ~1 ml/day. That will give you 20 mg/day of RU58841.

For comparison, this was my hair line as a ~19 year-old, prior to hair loss, then what I looked like just before starting treatment, and then a recent photo of me. I've had some regrowth, probably as much as I can get with current treatments excluding a transplant, but it's not quite where my hair line was. In the recent photo, I got an ~86% attractive score on photo feeler. It was not good enough to get 1,000+ likes on Facebook, but I got up to 45 likes and 10 comments, which for me is very good.
You have done an excellent job of looksmaxing all round. You suit having your hair shorter, it complements your complexion and rugged face in my opinion. You have been hitting the gym too haven't you? It shows for sure, you look a bit nerdy in the first pics(no offence) but far from that in the recent ones. Also, how's your online dating going? I'm trying to start using tinder, etc more seriously for dating

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Johnt1997 wrote:
1 year ago
You have done an excellent job of looksmaxing all round. You suit having your hair shorter, it complements your complexion and rugged face in my opinion. You have been hitting the gym too haven't you? It shows for sure, you look a bit nerdy in the first pics(no offence) but far from that in the recent ones. Also, how's your online dating going? I'm trying to start using tinder, etc more seriously for dating
Thanks John.

It's the first time that anybody's actually called my face "rugged" :-)

I also did hit the gym and lost a lot of weight, which was partially thanks to intermittent fasting as well. Recently I regained ~10 lbs which I'm working on re-losing lol, but that happens to everybody.

I'm on a break from online dating, I might start again in December or January.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 1 year ago

Chad-fro Vacancy!

by the way do you ever think it will be possible to regrow your juvenile hair line again? That would be really awesome, but such a pipedream

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

koolaidshade wrote:
1 year ago
Chad-fro Vacancy!

by the way do you ever think it will be possible to regrow your juvenile hair line again? That would be really awesome, but such a pipedream
Thank you, thank you :D .

I don't think that I'll be able to regrow my juvenile hair line. I might be a good responder to the next generation of treatments, I might not, I don't know. I'm content at my good fortune, that I'm a good responder to minoxidil.

I could regrow my hair line with a hair transplant, I'm the perfect candidate. However, there are many better things to do with $5,000-$10,000.

The best things that I could do to improve my lot with women are to repair my sexual dysfunction, lose another ~15 lbs, gain some muscle, keep repairing my teeth (Invisalign is a slow process), have better social skills, professional status, consistent grooming, etc. It's all a work in progress, though I've been feeling more upbeat recently.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

shadylane wrote:
1 year ago
It was liposomal finasteride gel containing minoxdil and I would say I was using about 2ml max once a day.

On the 4th day I started getting bad ball ache, no morning wood and I felt quite depressed.
So you were taking 0.10 mg/day of finasteride. That's a low dose, I'm sorry that this happened to you but you're not the first one.

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
So you were taking 0.10 mg/day of finasteride. That's a low dose, I'm sorry that this happened to you but you're not the first one.
I wasn't even thinking about side effects when I was on it, I assumed it would be pretty safe at a low dose and because it was a topical,
as soon as the side effects occured I realised I could do myself some damage if I contiuned with this drug.

I'm sure some people can tolerate it, but who knows the long term effects?...at least I have tried it and now know it's not for me.

What do you think about RU58841, is it worth trying at your dosage?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

shadylane wrote:
1 year ago
I wasn't even thinking about side effects when I was on it, I assumed it would be pretty safe at a low dose and because it was a topical,
as soon as the side effects occured I realised I could do myself some damage if I contiuned with this drug.

I'm sure some people can tolerate it, but who knows the long term effects?...at least I have tried it and now know it's not for me.

What do you think about RU58841, is it worth trying at your dosage?
Minoxidil and low-dose RU58841 together have given me modest regrowth and helped maintain. That's my experience, I can't speak for others.

Many others have done well on RU58841, and I know of none who report permanent side effects. However, people do report temporary side effects at higher dosages.

How's your hair?

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
Minoxidil and low-dose RU58841 together have given me modest regrowth and helped maintain. That's my experience, I can't speak for others.

Many others have done well on RU58841, and I know of none who report permanent side effects. However, people do report temporary side effects at higher dosages.

How's your hair?
I am a norwood 2 with diffuse thinning and some retrogade alopecia, I lost a lot of density fairly quickly about 7 years ago. It has been quite a slow progression since then , up until a few months ago when I noticed some more thinning, that's when i realised I had to do soemthing about it.

I'm using minoxdil, zinc thymulin and keto cream at the moment, will also be wounding when my derminator arrives.
So I was thinking of adding something a bit more powerful like RU58841, I may even try the Trinov lotion when it's released, but I'm not sure if that will have any benefit at all.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago

I don't think that I'll be able to regrow my juvenile hair line. I might be a good responder to the next generation of treatments, I might not, I don't know. I'm content at my good fortune, that I'm a good responder to minoxidil.

I could regrow my hair line with a hair transplant, I'm the perfect candidate. However, there are many better things to do with $5,000-$10,000.

The best things that I could do to improve my lot with women are to repair my sexual dysfunction, lose another ~15 lbs, gain some muscle, keep repairing my teeth (Invisalign is a slow process), have better social skills, professional status, consistent grooming, etc. It's all a work in progress, though I've been feeling more upbeat recently.
If you're ok with sharing, what kind of sexual dysfunction do you have?

And while you're accomplishing the other improvements, how do you plan on meeting women? Online?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

koolaidshade wrote:
1 year ago
If you're ok with sharing, what kind of sexual dysfunction do you have?

And while you're accomplishing the other improvements, how do you plan on meeting women? Online?
I have a large erectile dysfunction thread on the issue, here and on HairLossTalk.

I have met 25 women for first dates in the past two years via online dating. Lately I have been very busy with work, so I'll go back to it sometime in January.

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago

How's your hair?
Where is the best place to buy RU58841 ?
I am in the Uk, but it's pretty dodgy shippping stuff like that here these days as we have a psychoactive substance ban in place, which is pretty vague, it was imposed after people were buying legal highs.

Wire
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago

You looked cute in a youthful boyish way in that juvenile photo pic.

One of the things which I hate about hairloss is that with it the youthful boyish look doesn't work at all.

You've done quite well with the looks change into a mature masculine look (like for instance the beard).