How to Fix Hooters

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

How to Fix Hooters

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 8.18.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 8.18.11 AM.png (333.45 KiB) Viewed 486 times
https://westingtyler.wordpress.com/2018 ... x-hooters/

How to Fix Hooters
westingtylerAugust 19, 2018
KT NELSON‏ @KrangTNelson 2said:
“going to a subpar beer & wings restaurant to leer at/take pics with big-boobed waitresses is one of the most uniquely baby-boomer male concepts and I am laughing my ass off at the idea that it’s some sort of sacred cultural institution that millennials are shitting all over”

I saw this post on twitter, and it got me thinking: how WOULD I change Hooters to make it more appealing to millennials like myself, who are more interested in engaging in conversations than in ogling women or using them as un-asked for therapists?

Main things to clarify based on feedback: waitresses/bartenders should NOT have to be people’s therapists, everyone should be paid a living wage, and Hooters should be more body-inclusive.

For me to be excited about visiting a restaurant like Hooters, there would need to be changes.

Hooters seems to prioritize the barbie look over other body types. They have a right to do this of course, and there’s nothing innately wrong with anyone’s natural body type, of course, but if you’re trying to draw me to a restaurant based on the novelty of attractiveness alone, hire women with more varied body types.

But here’s the thing: Ideally Hooters wouldn’t be focused on female attractiveness at all, but in lieu of that more progressive change, it would be nice if they hired women who didn’t only fit a single very specific body type. The goal, if making a statement about “the ideal female form” is for some reason required for people to enjoy a meal (it’s not, but we’re still talking about Hooters), then the statement should evolve to be more body-positive, to say, “we hire women of all body/ bust/ hair types, because there’s someone for everyone.” This is a difficult sell that may not be reasonable considering the whole branding of the restaurant implies giant boobs, but it’s worth considering.

I’m not a huge fan of going places just to look at women. I try to be sex-positive, and if that’s what you like, no prob. But for me, I wouldn’t be there to LOOK at you, but to TALK with you, whether it is with people working there or other patrons. A place to eat and chat with good conversationalists? Sign me up.
So it would be a place to have conversations and discussions with smart/pretty women (again, if appearances still NEED to be a part of Hooter’s identity at all) while eating food. There could be “debate/discussion nights” where wings are free or something. And to clarify, the goal is to cultivate discussion, and not just at/with women, but to create a general atmosphere of discussing new ideas. I love ideas and hearing other perspectives. That’s the goal. There could be activities rooms where people play pool or video games.

As far as hostess roles, I think I’m thinking of a geisha place. Added Note: I looked up the term geisha before using it. Geishas are not the same as prostitutes. They are hostesses trained in conversation, singing, and dancing. I want to interact with lots of people all the time and get new perspectives, and to me, a good meal is a great time to do that, whether it’s talking or listening with men, women, or beyond.

(Since some raised concerns about this, to clarify as a side note, though I wouldn’t go to a prostitute myself, I am sex-positive feminist who believes prostitution should be legalized, taxed, and regulated as a service, and am convinced that would go a long way toward curtailing a lot of the abuse sex workers suffer in the current black market system.)

Thinking of other potential extant issues that need solving, it bothers me how drunk people often vent their problems onto waiters and bartenders. People can be obnoxious to waitresses, especially if they’ve been drinking. So it would be nice to have some specialized setup for the people who just want to therapeutically vent their woes to other people who have signed up to do that, rather than onto random people unasked for. Perhaps even some kind of support group area. It’s not my thing, but I imagine it’s not the thing of most waiters who have to deal with this, either. Like specialized “problem listener” hostesses/hosts. This way these people don’t just dump their problems onto each and every man/woman they encounter. I’m trying to think of the mental health of the waiters and bartenders here and make their lives less miserable. The real goal and solution to this, I think, includes a universal healthcare system including mental healthcare, but until we have that, every effort should be made to make people aware that they shouldn’t dump their problems onto random people, AND to provide outlets for people who really NEED to.

Oh, and somehow Hooters would need to be SUPER CHEAP since us millennials are BROKE. I think of current Hooters as some exotic, unique luxury experience, like going to a magician restaurant. But then again I think of Applebee’s as a fancy, high-class restaurant, too. (This should tell you how broke I am.)

Another note: That paragraph was a bit jokey, pointing to the extant problem that SO MANY things are too expensive to millennials, but it’s important to be clear that this is a joke about millennial economics, and doesn’t intend to de-value the work of the waiters or waitresses, or hosts/hostesses. I happen to think waiters, for example, should always be paid at LEAST minimum wage, and also that the minimum wage needs to go up. If the minimum wage had kept up with worker productivity and inflation since the 1980s, for example, it would currently between 18 and 22 dollars according to most economists.

Through that glib joke about prices, I am trying to point out how low-wage jobs are currently, unfortunately, devalued, and that should do something about it to address the larger social issues regarding wages in the US.

If you think some of these silly suggestions are unrealistic. That’s the point. It may be the case that a place like Hooters could never realistically be a place people like me are interested in since these are the changes that would be required. It MAY be a Venn diagram with no overlapping circles.

So for me as a millennial to be excited about Hooters it would need to be a fundamentally different experience that, instead of relying on a superficial novelty, instead cultivates meaningful human interactions in a world increasingly isolated by convenience and technology.

To be very specific and clear, my main problem with Hooters is that it encourages a very superficial branding that may propagate damaging attitudes about sex, and that it would be great to instead create more places to have more thoughtful and meaningful interactions among people. I’m not saying my way is the “correct” way, just that it’s closer to what I would want from social environments.
Last edited by Afro_Vacancy on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: How to Fix Hooters

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Yeah, have women who are beautiful, intelligent, great debaters, have great class, and yet somehow pay them little enough so that the food can be cheap. Apparently, this isn't a satire.

Also, when he says that he wants to debate beautiful women, he probably just wants the illusion of owning them.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling every 10 days

Post by Admin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:02 pm

When I I traveled the US, my girlfriend decided that we'd never go Hooters and that was that.

:(

Cliffs please? ;)
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Can't really say much about this kind of stuff. Its like you Americans live in your own world. Our worlds do not intersect.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Admin wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:02 pm
When I I traveled the US, my girlfriend decided that we'd never go Hooters and that was that.

Cliffs please? ;)
BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA JORDAN PETERSON BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Admin wrote:

Cliffs please? ;)
Most places I don’t even think they are that hot. Depends where it is. I’ve seen friends on Facebook post pics and the women are not that hot or that high a standard of body. They look good but not like intimidatingly so.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:50 am

Hairblues wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:01 pm
Most places I don’t even think they are that hot. Depends where it is. I’ve seen friends on Facebook post pics and the women are not that hot or that high a standard of body. They look good but not like intimidatingly so.
Yes, I agree, based on my own experience at a Hooters. I think that this isn't surprising ... extremely hot women have a lot of options, including for place of work. Hooters would have to raise wages (and thus prices) to hire intimidatingly hot women.

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:13 am

Great article by a man with a fine perspective.

I've been feeling the same way about Hooters for around 10 years now.
When ever I'm dragged to Hooters for an after work function I've always felt a bit let down by the quality of women on display.

I want more diversity and body positivity in my Hooters experience.
Stop the caravans!

C4L
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: dropped finasteride after almost 2 years

Post by C4L » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:30 am

Admin wrote:

Cliffs please? ;)
Lol what a cuck :mrgreen:

Nothing to see there anyway

Overpriced drinks, fake smiles/talks and etc

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:36 am

C4L wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:30 am
Lol what a cuck :mrgreen:

Nothing to see there anyway

Overpriced drinks, fake smiles/talks and etc
I would want to go to a strip club if I was a guy over hooters.

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:42 am

Hairblues wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:36 am
I would want to go to a strip club if I was a guy over hooters.
I see better looking girls at an Antifa protest rally than Hooters.
Stop the caravans!

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:17 am

blackg wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:42 am
I see better looking girls at an Antifa protest rally than Hooters.
This is funny :D

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:26 am

I never understood the appeal of Hooters. Have been there a few times. Never liked it. The only way they can convince me to go back is by including better food items in menu.

Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:25 pm

I don't understand how Hooters have waitresses at all. If an attractive female wants to sell her body and dignity, why not just do it properly and become a whore or a stripper? It pays way better.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Pat wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:25 pm
I don't understand how Hooters have waitresses at all. If an attractive female wants to sell her body and dignity, why not just do it properly and become a whore or a stripper? It pays way better.
I've known sex workers and been with sex workers. It's actually skilled work in its own way. A lot of women would not be able to do it properly.

Further, it's illegal in large parts of the USA, and even if it wasn't, it's stigmatized.

[But ... you were probably goofing off.]