2020 Democratic presidential nomination thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: 2020 Democratic presidential nomination thread

Post by Guest-2 » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
You had a good call on Amy Klobuchar. She's still in it with a small but realistic chance. I like her too... I think when we discussed this months ago I said I liked Kamala and she'd do well, I do like her but she is out for now!
I was familiar with her for years. I can’t recall but it was several years ago I think when she won the senate and people were surprised for some reason (red state?).

She’s a slow steady politician. She was in some good debates last year with Lyndsey Graham and Ted Cruz. She’s ‘nice’ but not syrupy and able to get her points across.
She wasn’t as strong in the primary debates but to be honest no ones doing well in debates.

I think 1 of the factors of Bloomberg making progress (in addition to the money/ads) is from NOT being in the debates.
by the way where I live in NY his ads are really strong/well done. They are on constantly (not cheap)
If you disagree with the points, the marketing and messaging is still very good vs the debates. I didn’t see the Super Bowl one but I thought it was a shame he didn’t do a healthcare one or education (his education one running in NY is very strong) vs the gun one. Just for the audience. But he’s probably knows more than me as far as strategy. Probably employing better minds than mine.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

I for one like lunch and like going to the bathroom after lunch.

One thing that I liked about Australia when I lived there was that people valued their sick days and their vacation time. If you didn't take your vacation days there you might have HR come speak to you and tell you to leave.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago

I for one like lunch and like going to the bathroom after lunch.

One thing that I liked about Australia when I lived there was that people valued their sick days and their vacation time. If you didn't take your vacation days there you might have HR come speak to you and tell you to leave.
Working like a machine is not for everyone. I for one don't like this culture of "put work above everything" in the US. I like taking my lunches, bathroom breaks, vacations and having enough time to do my own things in the evening such as working out, talking to family, tv shows, etc. I also think people get too little vacation in the US. I have heard of companies giving only one week of vacation in some jobs. Standard is two weeks at the beginning. I fortunately get four weeks but even that doesn't feel enough.

Oh, a guaranteed way to piss me off is to expect me to work overtime(even for a day) in order to finish a project. Fortunately it has never really happened. Part of the reason is that I pick companies that offer good work life balance. Consequently, my salary is significantly less than I could be making if I wasn't so picky, but I am happy this way. I love my free time and would be absolutely miserable without it.

I hate these 9 to 5 jobs. If I can go back in time and restart my career, I wouldn't come to the US. I would stay in India and would try to become an actor. If I didn't succeed as an actor, I would start my own business. My cousins and uncles who all are in India are doing really well and are quite wealthy. They all are businessmen and multi millionaires (in US dollars). I recently found out that one of my uncles has equivalent of 5 million US dollars in cash in one of his savings account. He also owns several properties worth millions. I feel miserable being stuck in this 9 to 5 shit show.
Trump 2020

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

pjhair wrote:
1 week ago
My cousins and uncles who all are in India are doing really well and are quite wealthy. They all are businessmen and multi millionaires (in US dollars). I recently found out that one of my uncles has equivalent of 5 million US dollars in cash in one of his savings account. He also owns several properties worth millions. I feel miserable being stuck in this 9 to 5 shit show.
Could you get in on the family business?! That's a lot of moolah.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
Could you get in on the family business?! That's a lot of moolah.
It's not exactly a family business. My uncles own the business, not my father. Although, my father did guide them and helped them establish it as he had vast experience and contacts in the field. When I was younger, I could have taken advantage of his experience and started my own business. But I came to the US. I thought it was a good idea at the time (not any more). It's too late to do that now as I have spent around two decades in the software field.

However, my brother last year started his own software company . He is expanding fast and already has hired over ten full time software engineers. He estimates that by the end of this year, he will probably have over twenty full time engineers working for him. It's a nice opportunity for me as well. As soon as I graduate next year, I will go back to India and manage his company. Because of my extensive experience in the field, I think I will be valuable to them. I CAN'T WAIT!! The added advantage is, I will be close to my family. Something I desperately want. I am absolutely sick of living alone in the US.
Trump 2020