IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: IoHL Community Coffee Shop

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
Still they had fucking dentists.

Try to read about Gulags in Kolyma for a real hardcore experience.

Nobody cares about tens of millions of slavs but everyone knows about the jews. Like nowadays nobody cares about millions of displaced and humiliated mid easterns.
You're right, people shouldn't care about them being starved, enslaved, tortured or murdered, at least they had dentists right xD I'm so jealous, I have to pay a crapload to get my teeth looked at :straight-smile:
So other people had hardcore experiences as well, doesn't make it right to wipe out 11 million people, lot of which was simply because of their ethnicity. It's understandable to be frustrated about things that are happening today that doesn't get the same type of recognition, but it doesn't make it okay to try and sugarcoat a mass extinction.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 weeks ago

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
Still they had fucking dentists.

Try to read about Gulags in Kolyma for a real hardcore experience.

Nobody cares about tens of millions of slavs but everyone knows about the jews. Like nowadays nobody cares about millions of displaced and humiliated mid easterns.
Nobody cared about the Jews in 1942 either.

But you're completely correct about Slavic suffering being largely ignored by the Western press.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
2 weeks ago
So other people had hardcore experiences as well, doesn't make it right to wipe out 11 million people, lot of which was simply because of their ethnicity. It's understandable to be frustrated about things that are happening today that doesn't get the same type of recognition, but it doesn't make it okay to try and sugarcoat a mass extinction.
Russia WW2 death toll: 27 million.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
2 weeks ago
Russia WW2 death toll: 27 million.
The point isn't what war wiped out the most people here, it's that it's inexcusable to trivialize or deny any sort of mass extinction. When are people going to get it, an injustice is an injustice no matter how you look at it. 11 or 27 million, it's still millions of people.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

Europe can thank America for saving its ass in WW2.

We should all turn towards Normandy and give thanks.
For the love of South Western skies.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

Doomcock critiques SJW critiques of pop culture / Twitter. He first discusses a scandal involving the peanut comic strip, then one involving Stan Lee.

PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 4 days ago

EvilLocks wrote:
2 weeks ago
Dude my late grandfather knew people who were in concentration camps, it's ludicrous that they were so "well" off. So many people were killed, mistreated and tortured, there's overwhelming evidence to state this fact. I have visited 2 major concentration camps myself and seen what they looked like at least and there was no luxury there. I went to Sachsenhausen and Auschwitz as a part of a school trip if you wondered which camps I saw. People who diminish the suffering of those people make me sick into my very core.
almost all my paternal grandparents siblings were killed in the holocaust. when i visited the holocaust museum with them they pointed out where the exhibition described the groups they were in. pretty surreal

Added in 3 minutes 33 seconds:
blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
Europe can thank America for saving its ass in WW2.

We should all turn towards Normandy and give thanks.
medieval french established normandy for the vikings. it translates to "northman" from old french

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 4 days ago

Exodus wrote:
4 days ago
almost all my paternal grandparents siblings were killed in the holocaust. when i visited the holocaust museum with them they pointed out where the exhibition described the groups they were in. pretty surreal
so how is it that you're ever able to write something like this?
Exodus wrote:
3 months ago
nazis are bad but not as bad as everyone thinks.

Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

yettee wrote:
4 days ago
so how is it that you're ever able to write something like this?
i dont let my personal issues get in the way of my thinking. my moms an immigrant but i dont think unchecked immigration is good

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by yettee » 4 days ago

Exodus wrote:
4 days ago
i dont let my personal issues get in the way of my thinking. my moms an immigrant but i dont think unchecked immigration is good
Your own flesh and blood (not an "issue") were slaughtered in gas chambers and ovens by people, people who you say were "not as bad as everyone thinks"...? What happened is so incomprehensibly bad that it is worse than anyone thinks. We chat about video games and superheroes... with no conception of the tragedy of WWII and certainly not the Holocaust

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 4 days ago

yettee wrote:
4 days ago
Your own flesh and blood (not an "issue") were slaughtered in gas chambers and ovens by people, people who you say were "not as bad as everyone thinks"...? What happened is so incomprehensibly bad that it is worse than anyone thinks. We chat about video games and superheroes... with no conception of the tragedy of WWII and certainly not the Holocaust
The nazis were not that bad, like, not that bad compared to what other groups in history? In terms of genocidal and systematized cruelty, their only competitors are the communist regimes.

That said, it's good to see someone who's able to separate themselves from their ancestors' history. Nowadays, one of the most common tricks that people will use to shut down public discourse is to say that they are their ancestors, that they are that group that suffered historically, and that if you say anything critical about it, you are a threat to their very existence.

And some will use it to inflict suffering upon others, feeling justified because their ancestors used to be the victim. It reminds me of the final scene of the movie Kingdom of Heaven:

I wish more people would do this work of "disidentification" on themselves. But sadly these days it is quite the opposite that is encouraged: identify with your gender, ethnicity, social status, anything that can define you really so that you can use it to feel offended and have power over others.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

yettee wrote:
4 days ago
family is more than just dna. and fred is right on the mark. there were many genocidal conquerors throughout history. japan was as bad as the nazis but no ones obsessing over them . there were the crusaders, mongols, vikings, communist dictators like fred mentioned, even native americans were often at war even to the point of genocide. just doing random reading the other day i found out the guy seattle was named after led an attack which wiped out another tribe

"In 1847 he helped lead a Suquamish attack upon the Chimakum people near Port Townsend, which effectively wiped out the Chimakum."

from his wikipedia page

thats history its bloody and darwinistic

Added in 5 minutes 21 seconds:
Admin wrote:
4 days ago
The nazis were not that bad, like, not that bad compared to what other groups in history? In terms of genocidal and systematized cruelty, their only competitors are the communist regimes.

That said, it's good to see someone who's able to separate themselves from their ancestors' history. Nowadays, one of the most common tricks that people will use to shut down public discourse is to say that they are their ancestors, that they are that group that suffered historically, and that if you say anything critical about it, you are a threat to their very existence.

And some will use it to inflict suffering upon others, feeling justified because their ancestors used to be the victim. It reminds me of the final scene of the movie Kingdom of Heaven:

I wish more people would do this work of "disidentification" on themselves. But sadly these days it is quite the opposite that is encouraged: identify with your gender, ethnicity, social status, anything that can define you really so that you can use it to feel offended and have power over others.
in that way my shit genes have been a boon. i literally cant identify with any group because of them

asians? they have hair. whites? theyre taller and bigger and of course different skin color. nerds? theyre socially adjusted and successful. blue collars? bigger and stronger and masculine. jocks? same thing. artsy types? hair. other socially anxious loser types? at least have hair. other baldies? at least have normal height and build. look at captainforehead and you, both tall or decent height

just lol at how alone my genes make me

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by yettee » 3 days ago

Exodus wrote:
4 days ago
family is more than just dna. and fred is right on the mark. there were many genocidal conquerors throughout history. japan was as bad as the nazis but no ones obsessing over them .
Go live in China or South Korea or several other countries in Asia sometime and you'll see how very very off the mark you are here. In fact I would say that both Jews and the countries in Europe that suffered the most under the Nazis are far less preoccupied with Nazis and present day Germany than the countries that Japan messed with prior to and during WWII are with present-day Japan. I say this as a person who has lived in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, and East Asia.

Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Exodus » 3 days ago

yettee wrote:
3 days ago
Go live in China or South Korea or several other countries in Asia sometime and you'll see how very very off the mark you are here. In fact I would say that both Jews and the countries in Europe that suffered the most under the Nazis are far less preoccupied with Nazis and present day Germany than the countries that Japan messed with prior to and during WWII are with present-day Japan. I say this as a person who has lived in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, and East Asia.
lol you know what i mean. typical sjw red herring. in he context of the west obviously.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 3 days ago

Exodus wrote:
3 days ago
lol you know what i mean. typical sjw red herring. in he context of the west obviously.
An article on social media was saying that Victor Hugo's book "Les Misérables" with its depiction of the poor being oppressed was so relevant for our times.

Oh sure, it was published in 1862, when the average person in France lived with less than 1€ a day (today's euros). It's the same!
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24