Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Since hair loss and dating are closely intertwined: discuss how to improve your chances with women.
Post Reply
Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 277
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 360

Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Johnson » 4 weeks ago

https://www.hairguard.com/do-women-like-bald-men/

They used a picture of a man with a nw3 and then the same man with a nw1 and swiped 1000 times.

Norwood 3:
Matches: 147 (1.47%)
Girls Opening: 20 (14%)
Girls Opened: 127 (86%)
Girls Responding: 70 (55%)
Full Head of Hair Profile

Norwood 1:
Matches: 243 (2.43%)
Girls Opening: 22 (9%)
Girls Opened: 221 (91%)
Girls Responding: 110 (50%)

I'd recommend following the link and seeing the picture.

The results don't surprise me much for a 30 something man: hair helps but it isn't game over if you have hair loss.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1113
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2795
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Rudiger » 4 weeks ago

Author:

https://www.hairguard.com/author/willsl ... ail-co-uk/

Comments on the first youtube video (I didn't read any further)



Johnson is the target market for this type of bullshit:

However, there has never been a RIGOROUS, SCIENTIFIC experiment to actually test these claims!

If you read the way the text is presented from Johnson's original post link, you'll understand. Nobody but a fucking idiot would believe any of this, maybe in the early days of the internet you might get an idiot who believes it, but not a fucking idiot.

Look at the guy they used! He's an 8.5 with hair, and 6 with shit hair (similar hair to myself but I have the sense to push it forward)

This is ridiculous.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4684
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
4 weeks ago
https://www.hairguard.com/do-women-like-bald-men/

They used a picture of a man with a nw3 and then the same man with a nw1 and swiped 1000 times.

Norwood 3:
Matches: 147 (1.47%)
Girls Opening: 20 (14%)
Girls Opened: 127 (86%)
Girls Responding: 70 (55%)
Full Head of Hair Profile

Norwood 1:
Matches: 243 (2.43%)
Girls Opening: 22 (9%)
Girls Opened: 221 (91%)
Girls Responding: 110 (50%)

I'd recommend following the link and seeing the picture.

The results don't surprise me much for a 30 something man: hair helps but it isn't game over if you have hair loss.
There are a few issues here:

1) The man looks decent otherwise, and is a doctor.

2) I'm not sure if photoshopping hair actually works. I wonder what @JLBB or @C4L think about photoshopped hair.

3) Tinder adjusts which women you see. So the two men may have both swiped on 1,000 women, they didn't necessarily swipe on the same 1,000 women. If Tinder's software evaluates you as better looking, then you will be shown to better looking women. That is well known.

4) Baldness affects different men differently. I'd be more interested if this was tried with forty or fifty different men. I'd expect that the impact would be very varied.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 277
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 360

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Johnson » 4 weeks ago

I like that these studies are becoming more common and hopefully they can continue to evolve and become more rigorous.

Fair points on it not being a perfect study though. Perhaps the next step would be to use various men all at different levels of attractiveness.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1113
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2795
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Rudiger » 4 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
4 weeks ago
I like that these studies are becoming more common and hopefully they can continue to evolve and become more rigorous.
Then they can rip the idea to shreds.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4684
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
4 weeks ago
I like that these studies are becoming more common and hopefully they can continue to evolve and become more rigorous.
The dating app companies have brilliant data scientist working for them. I have some awareness of their technical abilities, not very thorough, but enough to know that they definitely have all of this information. I resent that they're choosing to withhold it,which leads to people making inefficient and unrigorous experiments.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 277
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 360

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Johnson » 4 weeks ago

A few reasons spring to mind if they are suppressing the data:

1. They're worried it may depress people and stop people trying.
2. That if people know they must do or be x/y/z then they'll 'hack' online dating profiles would become more like carbon copies of the ideal profile.

There may also be many other contributing factors but those are the two more obvious.

I'd bet women would be more interested in how to keep a guy rather than how to win a match or get sex short term.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4684
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
4 weeks ago
A few reasons spring to mind if they are suppressing the data:

1. They're worried it may depress people and stop people trying.
2. That if people know they must do or be x/y/z then they'll 'hack' online dating profiles would become more like carbon copies of the ideal profile.

There may also be many other contributing factors but those are the two more obvious.

I'd bet women would be more interested in how to keep a guy rather than how to win a match or get sex short term.
For sure. I hate them for suppressing the data, but I understand why they're doing it.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 1654
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by EvilLocks » 4 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
4 weeks ago
They used a picture of a man with a nw3 and then the same man with a nw1 and swiped 1000 times.

Norwood 3:
Matches: 147 (1.47%)
Girls Opening: 20 (14%)
Girls Opened: 127 (86%)
Girls Responding: 70 (55%)
Full Head of Hair Profile

Norwood 1:
Matches: 243 (2.43%)
Girls Opening: 22 (9%)
Girls Opened: 221 (91%)
Girls Responding: 110 (50%)
There's a huge difference between how many matches/likes a man gets compared to a woman, even if he's a Norwood 1. Most of my female friends and myself gets four digit likes on Tinder and I don't think that's uncommon for girls (young)

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 277
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 360

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Johnson » 4 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
4 weeks ago
There's a huge difference between how many matches/likes a man gets compared to a woman, even if he's a Norwood 1. Most of my female friends and myself gets four digit likes on Tinder and I don't think that's uncommon for girls (young)
We know.

The redpill saying is that women are the gatekeepers of sex and men are the gatekeepers of relationships.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1113
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2795
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Rudiger » 4 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 weeks ago
The dating app companies have brilliant data scientist working for them. I have some awareness of their technical abilities, not very thorough, but enough to know that they definitely have all of this information. I resent that they're choosing to withhold it,which leads to people making inefficient and unrigorous experiments.
I keep re-reading this and what?
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 1654
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by EvilLocks » 4 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
4 weeks ago
We know.

The redpill saying is that women are the gatekeepers of sex and men are the gatekeepers of relationships.
Yeah there's truth to that.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4684
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
4 weeks ago
We know.

The redpill saying is that women are the gatekeepers of sex and men are the gatekeepers of relationships.
That appears true to me.

A lot has been written about women having higher standards. I think that they do ... For right swipes, first dates, first kisses, sex, etc.

I've even heard women tell me that they're selective on who they swipe on. I don't know if many men say that.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 277
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 360

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Johnson » 4 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 weeks ago
That appears true to me.

A lot has been written about women having higher standards. I think that they do ... For right swipes, first dates, first kisses, sex, etc.

I've even heard women tell me that they're selective on who they swipe on. I don't know if many men say that.
Many men are selective too.

Its not always attraction as well. If I see they are a nutrition fanatic, clubber, ball buster, diva, selfie obsessed, or just very bland I will swipe left.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1865
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4684
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Tinder experiment comparing NW3 to NW1 profile

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
4 weeks ago
Many men are selective too.

Its not always attraction as well. If I see they are a nutrition fanatic, clubber, ball buster, diva, selfie obsessed, or just very bland I will swipe left.
@Johnson the selective.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest