Two FUE's - 6100 grafts - Koray Erdogan

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

leftwithrope wrote:
1 year ago
I'm rather pleased with how dense my hair line is at 6.5 months but comparing it to my pre-hair loss hair line sucks because it used to be so fluffy and soft, while now it feels coarse.
I had the same problem at 6-9 months after my two hair transplants, hair often first comes out coarse and very curly.

I'm almost a year after my second hair transplant and the hair has already gotten much straighter overall, now I'm mostly left with the natural waviness of my original hair.

This happens because of the scarring that that the hair transplant causes. So don't worry too much, it should get better as time goes by.
"But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!” - Mark 1:25 :christian-cross:

leftwithrope
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: nothing

Post by leftwithrope » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
I had the same problem at 6-9 months after my two hair transplants, hair often first comes out coarse and very curly.

I'm almost a year after my second hair transplant and the hair has already gotten much straighter overall, now I'm mostly left with the natural waviness of my original hair.

This happens because of the scarring that that the hair transplant causes. So don't worry too much, it should get better as time goes by.

Thanks for the reassurance. What you said does strike me as a little strange because I assumed that transplanted hair would retain it's characteristics from the donor area. Since hair from the back of our heads tend to be coarser, are you perhaps saying that your transplanted hair has mimicked the characteristics of your original frontal hair instead?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

leftwithrope wrote:
1 year ago
Thanks for the reassurance. What you said does strike me as a little strange because I assumed that transplanted hair would retain it's characteristics from the donor area. Since hair from the back of our heads tend to be coarser, are you perhaps saying that your transplanted hair has mimicked the characteristics of your original frontal hair instead?
Oh yes, I've been told that by a hair dresser too, your hair will keep its original characteristics, in other words, if your hair is somehow coarser in your donor area, it will keep that characteristic.

I can't say this is true for me though, my hair seems to have the same amount of waviness all over my head. But maybe this is different for people with straight hair. Here it is just the scarring which initially creates this coarseness, but as I've said, it will decrease with time.
"But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!” - Mark 1:25 :christian-cross:

leftwithrope
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
Oh yes, I've been told that by a hair dresser too, your hair will keep its original characteristics, in other words, if your hair is somehow coarser in your donor area, it will keep that characteristic.

I can't say this is true for me though, my hair seems to have the same amount of waviness all over my head. But maybe this is different for people with straight hair. Here it is just the scarring which initially creates this coarseness, but as I've said, it will decrease with time.
I guess it can't be helped that my donor is so stupidly thick. I see that you've had 2 procedures for your front and mid-scalp. May I know how much of an improvement did the second procedure do for you, especially in the immediate areas behind the hair line, and whether you faced any restrictions in styling compared to before you had hair loss.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

leftwithrope wrote:
1 year ago
I guess it can't be helped that my donor is so stupidly thick. I see that you've had 2 procedures for your front and mid-scalp. May I know how much of an improvement did the second procedure do for you, especially in the immediate areas behind the hair line, and whether you faced any restrictions in styling compared to before you had hair loss.
You can see a 9 month picture of my hair after my second FUE here:

FUE hair transplant 2000 + 2024 grafts - NW6 - De Reys

Of course trying to cover a NW6 area will have its restriction. Wax or gel is forbidden, it can work to an extent but in my case you'll want to improve the overall appearance of what's ultimately going to be around 5000 grafts once my third and last hair transplant (scheduled next month) will have fully grown. To do that, I have to keep my hair dry and carefully styled.

Regarding that, I'm basically stuck with one style, the Joe Tillman hair style, if you know who he is. That's one of the prices to pay to make the best out of this rare and risky transition from fully bald to a decent head of hair.

leftwithrope
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
You can see a 9 month picture of my hair after my second FUE here:

FUE hair transplant 2000 + 2024 grafts - NW6 - De Reys

Of course trying to cover a NW6 area will have its restriction. Wax or gel is forbidden, it can work to an extent but in my case you'll want to improve the overall appearance of what's ultimately going to be around 5000 grafts once my third and last hair transplant (scheduled next month) will have fully grown. To do that, I have to keep my hair dry and carefully styled.

Regarding that, I'm basically stuck with one style, the Joe Tillman hair style, if you know who he is. That's one of the prices to pay to make the best out of this rare and risky transition from fully bald to a decent head of hair.
That's really great coverage in 2 procedures for a NW6, nice one! Why is wax and gel a bad idea though?

Guy in the video was a solid NW6 and had this phenomenal hair line that he kept slicked up with some product. Hard to believe he has that kind of results from 1 procedure.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

leftwithrope wrote:
1 year ago
That's really great coverage in 2 procedures for a NW6, nice one! Why is wax and gel a bad idea though?

Guy in the video was a solid NW6 and had this phenomenal hair line that he kept slicked up with some product. Hard to believe he has that kind of results from 1 procedure.
Amazing result indeed.

Apparently, the guy is using pomade, we've discussed it here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=316

It's a product I've never tried. It sure looks good on that patient.

bigbone
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: finasteride 0.25, Hair system

Post by bigbone » 1 year ago

Hey man, great results. I'm planning to get a hair transplant in the future and I know that you've done your research, so I would appreciate your input. Since you no longer post on HairLossTalk I joined here. I'm thinking 2-2.5k grafts to restore my NW2.5-3 area, but I'm not sure it's enough. My hair line is similar to yours before the surgery.

Would you still recommend Erdogan with price, waiting times and results considered? Also, did you feel like the first transplant was enough for the hair line?

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: White women

Post by Xexos » 1 year ago

JLBB wrote:
1 year ago
It's probably the best game in the world, much better than soccer etc even. Have you even played it?

to be honest I barely enjoy it, its incredibly toxic but also very addictive.
Riot is a shit-tier company.

In League of Legends, if you have a motherfucker in your team who trolls and makes you lose your promo games and you insult him for being a total faggot, you get banned for "being toxic" while he gets nothing.

"Muh Toxic", what a pussy ass game.
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

layabout
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: dermarolling/minoxidil/microdose finasteride

Post by layabout » 1 year ago

holy fuck

this guy has a massive frame

do you get girls or are you incel?

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 year ago

layabout wrote:
1 year ago
holy fuck

this guy has a massive frame

do you get girls or are you incel?
None of the pics here even show my frame I'm confused

Added in 2 minutes 47 seconds:
Stan22 wrote:
1 year ago
Riot is a shit-tier company.

In League of Legends, if you have a motherfucker in your team who trolls and makes you lose your promo games and you insult him for being a total faggot, you get banned for "being toxic" while he gets nothing.

"Muh Toxic", what a pussy ass game.
I've literally spent over a grand on accounts now. It is complete dogshit that people can't use the mute button, even in plat and diamond people are toxic as fuck and will troll your games. Last account banned after a jungle Graves came into my lane and started taking my farm for over 2 minutes and I told people to report him and went afk. Fucking joke.

Added in 15 minutes 53 seconds:
bigbone wrote:
1 year ago
Hey man, great results. I'm planning to get a hair transplant in the future and I know that you've done your research, so I would appreciate your input. Since you no longer post on HairLossTalk I joined here. I'm thinking 2-2.5k grafts to restore my NW2.5-3 area, but I'm not sure it's enough. My hair line is similar to yours before the surgery.

Would you still recommend Erdogan with price, waiting times and results considered? Also, did you feel like the first transplant was enough for the hair line?
Would need to see photos to know for sure. For an average NW3 ideally 3k grafts, and that's a likely quote from Erdogan. I would definitely recommend Erdogan still, particularly considering how pristine my donor looks after 6100 grafts.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

10 month. I still want 1500 grafts in the frontal third and hair line but I'll do it when I have money to burn.
IMG_5018-01-03-19-12-07.jpeg
IMG_5018-01-03-19-12-07.jpeg (144.71 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
IMG_4957-01-03-19-12-07.JPG
IMG_4957-01-03-19-12-07.JPG (130.3 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
IMG_4955-01-03-19-12-07.jpeg
IMG_4955-01-03-19-12-07.jpeg (146.16 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
IMG_4952-01-03-19-12-07.jpeg
IMG_4952-01-03-19-12-07.jpeg (155.05 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

vboteju
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: minoxidil

Post by vboteju » 1 year ago

Looks perfect. Where do you plan on putting the 1.5k lol

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 1 year ago

i honestly thought it was this guy when i saw your forehead

very good result op. cant even tell you had a transplant, though i wonder how it looks outside during a very sunny day

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

vboteju wrote:
1 year ago
Looks perfect. Where do you plan on putting the 1.5k lol
If I style it any normal way you don't particularly notice, but one side is less dense than the other especially going back into the midscalp and if I've just got out of bed, or my hair is wet it looks thin. The hair line is quite good but it still has gaps and some areas stronger than others. Right after a cut like the photos above it basically looks perfect in normal circumstances, but when it gets quite long or when ultra short the weaknesses become more apparent.

Theres also a small area the size of maybe too fingertips in the crown that is visibly less dense than the surrounding areas and could do with 300 or so grafts.