From vintage baldness cures to contemporary hair loss scams

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

From vintage baldness cures to contemporary hair loss scams

Post by Admin » 10 months ago

Armando Jose posted this Pininterest collection on HairlossTalk, quite funny since he's always been the natural BS cure promoter himself.

He even says here that he's never even been on finasteride or minoxidil, yet he's still sporting a NW2: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1720901

Anyway, here's the link:

https://www.pinterest.es/onlinehairclin ... s/?lp=true

It's fascinating to see how close some of them are to scam still going on these days. And to think that some people still fall for them.

I've told the story about this middle-aged hair loss sufferer I knew who spent the price of a car on snake oils back in the late 1990's. I fell for those as well in my most desperate moments, buying Immortalhair (stay away from those scams, kids) supplements or Tom Hargerty's scalp exercise e-book for 9,99€ :lol:.

The difference between me and an Armando Jose, or that Hoppi guy who was spamming hair loss forums about curing his nonexistent hair loss was that I was "lucky" enough to actually lose my hair quite quickly. Those BDD guys would come and go. Every couple of year, there seemed to be a new one.

I'm quite glad this forum is still pretty much devoid of this nonsense so far, but as the website grows and gains new members, I wouldn't be surprised if a thread about scalp massages or detumescence therapy didn't make its way on here. One thing is sure though, you'll never see a convincing before/after for any of those quick and easy natural hair loss cures.

quim
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: nowt

Re: From vintage baldness cures to contemporary hair loss scams

Post by quim » 10 months ago

My favourite alternative cure from HairLossTalk was the guy who was rubbing his wife's piss on his bonce. Wonder how that smelled on a sweaty summer's bus ride.

Also, the chap who was attempting to produce his own p.r.p using a centrifuge he'd acquired on eBay. Bless.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 10 months ago

quim wrote:
10 months ago
My favourite alternative cure from HairLossTalk was the guy who was rubbing his wife's piss on his bonce. Wonder how that smelled on a sweaty summer's bus ride.

Also, the chap who was attempting to produce his own p.r.p using a centrifuge he'd acquired on eBay. Bless.
Hi mate.
Are you a refugee from the old forum or are you a totally new virgin member?

God bless.
She packed my bags last night

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Post by Murkey Thumb » 6 months ago

You don't really need history to tell you the whole hair loss industry is a scam. I've been experimenting and spending good money for 25 years and yet nothing really works to a satisfactory standard. To be fair, the big 3 is still all we got and if you cant handle the sides then just buy a good clipper.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 6 months ago

Murkey Thumb wrote:
6 months ago
You don't really need history to tell you the whole hair loss industry is a scam. I've been experimenting and spending good money for 25 years and yet nothing really works to a satisfactory standard. To be fair, the big 3 is still all we got and if you cant handle the sides then just buy a good clipper.
Yet balding on the big 3 is still inevitable. Everyone here is losing their hair even if they are on the most hardcore regime.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Post by Murkey Thumb » 6 months ago

supremegentleman wrote:
6 months ago
Yet balding on the big 3 is still inevitable. Everyone here is losing their hair even if they are on the most hardcore regime.
Agreed. They just buy a little time.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 6 months ago

supremegentleman wrote:
6 months ago
A bunch of us here are balding in reverse