The impact of the state of your hair on aesthetics

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Re: The impact of the state of your hair on aesthetics

Post by supremegentleman » 2 months ago

Having hair is KEY to looking good. So many shit looking dudes (facially) but with good hair which makes them look attractive. Me on the other hand, I have a face of a male model, perfect teeth, beautiful eyes, great dark complexion etc. yet my hair is a fucking disaster making me look like a hideous balding piece of shit. There is no point doing anything when you are balding, nice clothes, gym etc I lost 15kg of weight but I am going back into my old habits of overeating and drinking to cope with my hairloss.

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Nothing

Post by justin » 2 months ago

Uhh.. I don't think he lost any points, he's easily above average in the 2nd pic. I'm also not a fan of unnatural looking hair like he had in the first pic, but alright.
Even when I’m lying on my back I’m never backing down.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 2 months ago

Bklyn_23 wrote:
2 months ago
Watching season 2 of Marvel's "The Punisher" on Netflix recently, and it became apparent that Billy Russo's character lost literally 2 points on the looks scale just by shaving his head (and he's still a NW1-1.5, mind you). It's amazing how much that peacock modern hairstyle hair adds to one's aesthetic compared to a shaved head, even if one still is clearly a "fullhead" with it shaven. Crazy, really. Pics for reference:

Incredible. FML. I'd do terrible things for the head of hair he had in that first pic. I'd probably be willing to spend $500-700/mo for several years for it. The pictures really don't do it justice. In season 1 you see him and it's like "wow this guy is really good looking" even though his face isn't anything special, and then in season 2 he's just like an average guy. Incredible the difference it makes. :(
Can we for one time only have comparison pics that actually makes sense? First pic in a suit and the second one not + different angle + some weird scars all over his face.

Add: So I found a close pic without the scares:

He still is a good looking guy. He does look better with more hair, that's true. But like almost all good looking guys, he can get away with it.
Attachments
benbarness.PNG
benbarness.PNG (704.75 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Last edited by JasonStatham 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 2 months ago

FireShot Capture 2 - This Is The End. Baldness Is A Fucking_ - https___www.hairlosstalk.com_intera.png
FireShot Capture 2 - This Is The End. Baldness Is A Fucking_ - https___www.hairlosstalk.com_intera.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 478 times

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 2 months ago

supremegentleman wrote:
2 months ago
FireShot Capture 2 - This Is The End. Baldness Is A Fucking_ - https___www.hairlosstalk.com_intera.png
That's a good picture.

I found a guy that is VERY dependent on his god-like hair:
Attachments
goldensteroid.PNG
goldensteroid.PNG (769.39 KiB) Viewed 474 times

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 2 months ago

Bklyn_23 wrote:
2 months ago
Incredible the difference it makes. :(
Hair is the top feature after skin that can really make/break your looks. Even someone with below average features will max themselves significantly on the looks scale if you gave them good hair + skin. Likewise, if you give someone with above average features shitty hair + skin they will drop significantly on the looks scale. Someone with average to above average features with good hair + skin will likely be in the top genetic pool.
Before I got my hair piece and after I stared balding my hair changed dramatically. Not only the density of it, but the texture, it became dry like straw, and frizzy. I used to have thick, shiny and soft hair before this nightmare.
I guess I have above average features, but walking around with this ridiculous birds nest (miss you Buckthorn) on my head made me look so much worse. I will never forget the time a bunch of kids pointed at my hair and laughed, and said loudly as I walked past; "Look at her hair, it looks sooo WEIRD!"
That was the final straw for me, and when I decided I had to get a hair piece.

Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 2 months ago

supremegentleman wrote:
2 months ago
RIP macaroni

Bklyn_23
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: Nizoral

Post by Bklyn_23 » 2 months ago

justin wrote:
2 months ago
Uhh.. I don't think he lost any points, he's easily above average in the 2nd pic. I'm also not a fan of unnatural looking hair like he had in the first pic, but alright.
Again, you'd have to see him in motion in season 1 versus season 2. The drop-off is stark in my opinion.

Added in 4 minutes 42 seconds:
JasonStatham wrote:
2 months ago
Can we for one time only have comparison pics that actually makes sense? First pic in a suit and the second one not + different angle + some weird scars all over his face.

Add: So I found a close pic without the scares:
benbarness.PNG

He still is a good looking guy. He does look better with more hair, that's true. But like almost all good looking guys, he can get away with it.
It's not exactly easy to find similar clothed/angled pics on google, you know lol. Which is why I said it's easier to see if you watch the show. I don't find him "good looking" with the short hair - I find him above average, like around a 6.5. With the hair his aesthetic is an 8+, and that's what makes it crazy in my opinion, because his actual face is nowhere near the face of a "true" 8+ dude. That's the peacock effect hair like that has.

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Bklyn_23 wrote:
2 months ago
Again, you'd have to see him in motion in season 1 versus season 2. The drop-off is stark in my opinion.

Added in 4 minutes 42 seconds:

It's not exactly easy to find similar clothed/angled pics on google, you know lol. Which is why I said it's easier to see if you watch the show. I don't find him "good looking" with the short hair - I find him above average, like around a 6.5. With the hair his aesthetic is an 8+, and that's what makes it crazy in my opinion, because his actual face is nowhere near the face of a "true" 8+ dude. That's the peacock effect hair like that has.
I see. Well, to be fair, pretty much every guy looks better with some length on top than buzzed.

The buzzcut is a bit of a boring look, makes the guy look like the default character in a video game.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 2 months ago

Hair is always better than no hair, in some cases the impact is smaller than in others, but it's always a disadvantage, no denying that. However, I don't feel the same when it comes to the reverse: If only I/*averageguy* had hair, I'd be significantly better looking and thus even (somewhat) good looking. Let's be honest, most full heads still look worse than those balding versions of handsome men and I'd much rather look like them than become a NW1 myself. Also, the fall from grace is more distinct when you go bald as a former 9 or 10, but absolutely speaking you are still ahead of most fullheads who - if they were to go bald - would largely remain what they already are: average and therefore mostly invisible.

justin
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Arjen wrote:
2 months ago
Hair is always better than no hair, in some cases the impact is smaller than in others, but it's always a disadvantage, no denying that. However, I don't feel the same when it comes to the reverse: If only I/*averageguy* had hair, I'd be significantly better looking and thus even (somewhat) good looking. Let's be honest, most full heads still look worse than those balding versions of handsome men and I'd much rather look like them than become a NW1 myself. Also, the fall from grace is more distinct when you go bald as a former 9 or 10, but absolutely speaking you are still ahead of most fullheads who - if they were to go bald - would largely remain what they already are: average and therefore mostly invisible.
I don't know man. When a guy starts losing hair.. a lot of factors come into play, including skull shape and balding pattern. Even the best looking guys can be destroyed.

I actually know this guy who was a handsome jock in highschool.. who lost his hair in his early 20's, and maybe 2 points in the looks scale but still looks good goddammit. Dude just went from a 9 to a 7. His body is naturally buff, tan skin complexion and he has the ideal head shape for it, the kind of guy who could truly buzz his hair and just move on with his life. If I looked like him, I would've just "stopped being such a bitch and gotten over it" without any treatment.

Though he has a younger brother who looks like he had a poor quality transplant (but probably just diffuse at the front) and actually looks great, even better than him overall, even though he's skinnier with a narrower skull.