Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

Discuss the latest news about cutting edge hair loss research: Tsuji, RepliCel, Follicum, etc.
User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#18962

Post by That Guy » 9 months ago

A user on Hairlosstalk shared the following info:

Image

There's actually more slides than that, but I'm not copying them all.

Basically, they will be doing the trial within the next few months and filing for FDA approval the same year and their optimization study produced favorable results, superior to conventional methods according to the release from a while back. NW3 and 4 is what was tested and will be done so for the pivotal.

I'm pretty excited about this, because it should be able to produce the kinds of results I, and many others, need. Presumably at a price a lot more affordable than transplants, or even if it's the same as a transplant, the risks are obviously much lower and the appearance would be better.

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1189
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2523
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#19003

Post by Guest-2 » 9 months ago

This would probably work well for me as well if the device is okay for long hair.
Thanks for posting it.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#19195

Post by That Guy » 9 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
9 months ago
This would probably work well for me as well if the device is okay for long hair.
Thanks for posting it.
Indeed. The patents show it has a guard that allows it to bypass existing hair.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 95
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 123
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Propecia

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#19581

Post by Hanginginthewire » 9 months ago

There is no possibility that this alleged treatment can equal or best a hair transplant. Please cite an objective source for your claims.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#19593

Post by That Guy » 9 months ago

Hanginginthewire wrote:
9 months ago
There is no possibility that this alleged treatment can equal or best a hair transplant. Please cite an objective source for your claims.
STFU cryptojew lol

As if you know shit lol. Go back to whining on HairLossTalk

User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2041
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5237
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#19598

Post by Admin » 9 months ago

That Guy wrote:
9 months ago
cryptojew
:-|
:christian-cross:

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1957
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5459
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#19599

Post by Guest-4 » 9 months ago

Admin wrote:
9 months ago
:-|
I had to look up the term.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#19608

Post by That Guy » 9 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
9 months ago
I had to look up the term.
That's because you're not crypto

You're just jew.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 95
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 123
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Propecia

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#19616

Post by Hanginginthewire » 9 months ago

That Guy wrote:
9 months ago
STFU cryptojew lol

As if you know shit lol. Go back to whining on HairLossTalk
Riveting. You’ve convinced me!

User avatar
Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 92
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 178
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
1000 graft temple transplant with Dr De Reys 04/19
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 23

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#20975

Post by Johnt1997 » 7 months ago

I have had tweet notifications on for Follica for about 18 months now. These are interesting results. If I remember correctly, 40% non-vellus improvement is more statistically significant than any other announced results I've seen:


User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2041
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5237
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#20982

Post by Admin » 7 months ago

Johnt1997 wrote:
7 months ago
I have had tweet notifications on for Follica for about 18 months now. These are interesting results. If I remember correctly, 40% non-vellus improvement is more statistically significant than any other announced results I've seen:

In this article on the blog Follicle Thought, you can see the before / after picture that was released:

https://www.folliclethought.com/follica ... treatment/

Image

So, it seems like it's the real deal this time, another tool balding people can add to their arsenal of treatments.

It also seems that @That Guy was right to get his hopes up on this one :).
:christian-cross:

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 95
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 123
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Propecia

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#20984

Post by Hanginginthewire » 7 months ago

Doesn’t seem terribly new - we already have dermarolling and minoxidil. It’s mostly marketing and some gadgetry that puffs up the appearance of the treatment. It’s depressing.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#21311

Post by That Guy » 6 months ago

Admin wrote:
7 months ago
In this article on the blog Follicle Thought, you can see the before / after picture that was released:

https://www.folliclethought.com/follica ... treatment/

Image

So, it seems like it's the real deal this time, another tool balding people can add to their arsenal of treatments.

It also seems that @That Guy was right to get his hopes up on this one :).
A high-quality trichogram was also released. Results after just one treatment.

Image

Good stuff

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2311
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4230

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#21315

Post by blackg » 6 months ago

@That Guy is back!! Mate, I'm glad you're back but please consider changing your avatar as it really is offensive to some.
I'm asking you this on a human level, and I know you have it in you to consider changing.

Glad you're back.
we need a united Mississippi

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1454
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2478
Norwood: NW2.5

Follica's pivotal study and FDA filing in 2020

#21321

Post by That Guy » 6 months ago

blackg wrote:
6 months ago
@That Guy is back!! Mate, I'm glad you're back but please consider changing your avatar as it really is offensive to some.
I'm asking you this on a human level, and I know you have it in you to consider changing.

Glad you're back.
Sure thing, bro — it's done.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post