Tsuji will cost nearly half a million

Discuss the latest news about cutting edge hair loss research: Tsuji, RepliCel, Follicum, etc.
User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Tsuji will cost nearly half a million

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

That Guy wrote:
1 month ago
Nothing that you say here isn't true in the general sense, and I always agree that one should base their expectation on the rule itself rather than exceptions to it, but as someone who, in recent weeks has been dating a 19-year-old European woman, 20 in a couple months. Granted, only a handful of times but...



We should actually be striving as much as possible to meet people in real life and not on dating apps in which people are generally not looking for anything serious, their egos are inflated, etc.

I met this girl at a shop I frequent. I know that I probably lucked out there, but putting myself out in public places where other white people gather and striking up conversations is how I managed to score a date. I think she could be a keeper if it stays on this track.

Those opportunities are much rarer as you say, but we can only bring it back if we make a deliberate effort.



I know that a 7-year age difference is not at all comparable to a 30+ like what Nameless is looking at, but you're not that much older than I am, and I have more in common (so far) with this girl I'm seeing than any of the millenial women I've dated in the past. I was able to tell that within minutes of meeting her for the first time.

She's "trad"; she's not a party animal but relaxed, has much the same political beliefs as I do (as far as she's let on), she's extremely-proud of her heritage, we have many of the same interests, etc.

What I'm getting at here is two important details:

• Guys like you and I, if we hope to continue our bloodlines, especially with multiple children, we have ostensibly no choice but to date younger. I'm already at the point where I'd turn my nose up at a 27/28 woman for this reason. It's a very painful reminder of wasted youth and stupid decisions in the past.

• The implication in your post, taken from the truth of present western society of course, is that there should be generational differences; as if the differences in mindset, goals, etc. between generations are supposed to be different. I don't think that they're supposed to be.

In fact, Nameless' generation was the first that made this massive rebellion and departure from the tradition of their forefathers. They — with plenty of encouragement from external forces — opted to abandon the lifestyle, path, values, etc. and lived lives of hedonistic materialism.

and that's the thing: How do you define what the generational differences are if not by material consumerism? Is it because they watch different TV shows and listen to different music? Is it because they have different political views? Is it because they can go binge drinking more often and for longer?

Perhaps maybe the generations aren't supposed to separated at all? Maybe it was fucked up around the 1960s? Maybe every generations goal, as it was before, should be to perpetuate their people, customs, culture, etc.?

Aside from being able-bodied, I just can't see what is supposed to make, or why generations are supposed to so different.

Now, you're of course completely right that Nameless would NOT have anything in common with most of these young women, wouldn't be able to keep up with them, and so forth — but I don't actually think that's the reason he's likely to fail.

I think it comes down to "He's an old man". He would be dead long before her, children he might have with her are at an increased risk of all kinds of problems, he won't be around for much longer and able-bodied to properly help raise them, I don't think Nameless want's kids anyway nor would it be wise at his age, and he will still not be sexually-attractive to most young women anyway.

And at the end of it all: We just don't need old men taking women from the younger generations all the time. We should be avoiding that as much as we can as a society — those young women should ideally being married off to men around their age. It's just that, we're so fucked up right now, that this is difficult.

Nameless would do well to just find a woman closer to his age, and keep her around. Something I've learned is that it's not about finding the hottest woman you can. Looks-wise, you just need to find someone who is not objectionable and has a good personality to make a good wife and mother. On the path he is (still) on, he will never find lasting happiness.
We should absolutely be striving to meet people in real life if we can, but it is the reality that it's getting harder and that it will become harder over time. Fighting social change is kind of like pissing into a tidal wave.

How many children do you want?

I agree with you that older men going with much younger women is bad for society. It's bad for the women of that age bracket, bad for younger women, and bad for those younger women who are likely to waste the last 20+ years of their lives as nurses. That said, it's extremely rare, so it's a minor harm, whatever.

The 1960s were not the first generation to rebel, for example it shows up in Shakespeare. However they did live in a period of rapid economic and social change. Fir example, in the past century median lifespans have increased from 40 to 80, that will obviously have an impact. Back in 1900, women spent ten hours a day on house chores. We now have things like washing machins, dryers, dishwashers, etc etc that liberate a lot of time. That will change people too.

The equivalent of you dating a 19 year old is me dating a 25-30 year old. It wasn't that big a difference when it happened recently, that said it's harder to pull off. Those women would prefer not to date someone older than 30.

The brain continues to mature up to age 25. It's conceivable that I could match with a 19 year old, bit it's unlikely. To be honest I find most of them annoying, but that is because I am old and cynical. I wouldn't go younger than 25.

User avatar
Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 208
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 556
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Re: Tsuji will cost nearly half a million

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 4 weeks ago

I fucking called this two years ago, lmao.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1159
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2148
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Tsuji will cost nearly half a million

Post by That Guy » 4 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
How many children do you want?
I think 3 would be good
Uncle Grandfather wrote:
4 weeks ago
I fucking called this two years ago, lmao.
Maybe, but I think that ~400k is...high, even by most reasonable estimates in the past.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 623
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1260
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Tsuji will cost nearly half a million

Post by JLBB » 4 weeks ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
4 weeks ago
I fucking called this two years ago, lmao.
I did on Hairlosstalk to and got flamed to oblivion. Also got flamed for saying that Histogen was a fraud, Brotzu would do virtually nothing, and setipiprant would be less effective than minoxidil.

Most of these cures/treatments were posting before and after photos in the beginning with blaring lights in a before pic and an almost dark room in the afters. If a group of scientists are going to fix global hairloss woes, chances are they’ll know how to control the most important variable lighting in a fucking before and after photo.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 523
Joined: 10 months ago
Reputation: 231
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Tsuji will cost nearly half a million

Post by nameless » 3 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
*sigh*
Look I hope it works out for you. I don't wish for you are anyone here to fail in doing what they want to. I just think your expectations are a little high. Even if it's not a hot 19 year old but a beautiful 25-29 year old, those women are often set on successful/handsome men in their late 20s-30s, if you are pushing 50 you'll be in for a rude awakening, most likely. I'm 26 and married to a man who's 31, I think the 5 year age gap is perfect but I would not feel hot about a man in his 50s. Maybe early 40s if it was the right guy. If you asked me when I was 19 though, I would have never gone for a man in his 40s and beyond. I have always been interested in older men but when I say "older" I don't mean men that could be my grandfather. When I was 17 I started going out with a man who was 15 years older and that was pushing it for me, all my friends could not believe their eyes, they were all going out with boys in their teens or very early 20s. Even now most of my friends are dating men in their 20s, some rare occasions 30s. But it's fine if you prove me wrong, good for you if you do manage to live the lifestyle you want.
You use a "sigh" to slight me and belittle me but really you don't have the knowledge to know whether or not I'm right or wrong. You don't investigate age-reversal because you're in your 20s. And note that I'm not trying to slight you or belittle you; I'm just stating a fact. You are not interested in age-reversal because you are in your 20s but I'm decades older than you so I do look into age-reversal. So obviously, I'm more educated than you regarding age-reversal therapies. It does seem like the CRISPR technology should make a reasonable person think that age-reversal is at least possible but you obviously reject that idea. Still, i don't belittle you or slight you because you don't accept that CRISPR might possibly reverse the aging process even though I think it should be obvious to any reasonably intelligent person that it might do exactly that AND since CRISPR tech is already in some clinical trials it's also reasonable to think it could find it's way into human trials to treat the human aging process soon, if it isn't already. I do know that CRISPR tech is already being researched in dogs to treat the aging process. So CRISPR is already in the process of being studies to reverse aging.

Just to let you know CRISPR = editing genes inside of cells. You can alter a lot of human processes by editing genes in cells, perhaps even the aging process. And attempts to do so are in the drug developmental process right now as we speak.

That aside, there are other less compelling anti-aging treatments in the developmental process including senscence therapy,
telomerase therapy, and other anti-aging therapies. Are any of the anti-aging therapies going to work? I don't know. But I do know that they involve plausible and serious research.

Let me use hair loss research to make a point here: none of the early hair loss treatments have worked well so far, although a few have worked a little bit. Those early attempts to cure hair loss were cases of people applying any ole thing on scalps to try to regrow hair like sheep dung. Further into the future more advanced attempts at rubbing any ole thing onto people's scalps got us to minoxidil, which did grow a few hairs. Hair loss research then advanced to more scientific therapies such as 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and even the anti-androgen RU58841, which was discontinued for fear it could cause anti-negative androgenic consequences. Now hair loss has research has advanced to the cellular therapies and they should be coming to market in the foreseeable future if they work. I'm certain they will work.

Age-reversal research likewise has taken a long journey. So-called scientists gave people all kinds of things to reverse aging for centuries. None of that stuff worked. But recently it was discovered that an old drug called "Metformin" seems to slow the aging process and now it is in clinical trials to literally treat some aspect(s) of the aging process. Will it prove to be effective? I don't know. But even if it does prove to be effective it's effect will only be on a small part of the aging process so it's results won't WOW! anyone. Still, it might work a little. And if it does then it will be like researchers rubbing minoxidil on people's heads to try to grow a little hair and if it works it should be available to treat aging soon. But the other experimental treatments for aging that are further back in development than "Metformin" are like the new sophisticated cell-based investigational hair loss treatments. Telomerase therapy, CRISPR, Senolytic therapy, and other such treatments are targeted, sophisticated, and extremely scientific.

I'm not belittling you or slighting you. I understand that you don't have a reason to look into age-reversal research so you don't do so. But I have looked into age-reversal research and I'm just saying that you could be wrong. And I'm also saying it's impolite for you to "sigh" me regarding this issue when you yourself haven't looked into the facts about this matter enough to draw a reasonable factual conclusion.

Oldnbald
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 2 weeks ago
Reputation: 0
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride
Minoxidil 2x daily

Re: Tsuji will cost nearly half a million

Post by Oldnbald » 2 weeks ago

Unless you can show some pictures of yourself, in your twenties and thirties, and then now, so we can at least see the good looks you're talking about, it's just going to be back and forth nonsense.

I'm a pretty fair minded, objective guy, if you're some John Stamos look a like without the hair, I might buy it. If not, then it'll be tough luck and time to realize the ride is over.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest