It's Been A Good Week For Developing Therapies

Discuss the latest news about cutting edge hair loss research: Tsuji, RepliCel, Follicum, etc.
That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2.5

It's Been A Good Week For Developing Therapies

Post by That Guy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:10 am

Not sure if you guys have been reading, but that blog shared some pretty good news the last few days.
https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/

I'll give you the breakdown:

• Follicum's phase II data shows evidence that the hypothesis of "reawakening" dormant follicles works to an extent, with an 11% median increase in hair density as well as maintenance.

• Alexey Terskikh has followed through on founding his company which is apparently called "Stemson Therapeutics". This is the next best bet after Tsuji, in my opinion

• Most importantly, Tsuji is still on target for launch in 2020 and everything is looking good. It appears they really have cleared all the hurdles that stood in their way.

I'm feeling pretty good about the idea that in a couple years, there will be a real, permanent solution to this problem. Whether you'll be able to afford it...that'll be a different story, but it's still better for that option to at least be in existence.

White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: It's Been A Good Week For Developing Therapies

Post by White Ferrari » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:38 pm

That Guy wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:10 am
Not sure if you guys have been reading, but that blog shared some pretty good news the last few days.
https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/

I'll give you the breakdown:

• Follicum's phase II data shows evidence that the hypothesis of "reawakening" dormant follicles works to an extent, with an 11% median increase in hair density as well as maintenance.

• Alexey Terskikh has followed through on founding his company which is apparently called "Stemson Therapeutics". This is the next best bet after Tsuji, in my opinion

• Most importantly, Tsuji is still on target for launch in 2020 and everything is looking good. It appears they really have cleared all the hurdles that stood in their way.

I'm feeling pretty good about the idea that in a couple years, there will be a real, permanent solution to this problem. Whether you'll be able to afford it...that'll be a different story, but it's still better for that option to at least be in existence.
When I saw the title of the thread I thought Trinov was gonna be mentioned. Then I saw the author and knew that bullshit wouldn't be included.

Personally have very little faith in the hair cloning angle. Would be a freaking miracle.

Also saw on the blog that Sammued have initiated phase 3 trails. Isn't that the first hair drug to do so since finasteride?

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:15 pm

Oooooh a -3 from HangingInTheWire

Nameless has become more mature than this cunt lol

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Propecia

Post by Hanginginthewire » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:10 am

The thing is - no one is clamoring for your commentary on how future treatments are going, nor cares that you’re “feeling good” about future prospects.

You have demonstrated again and again that you do not have any special insight into the developing technologies. Whether it’s writing a FAQ for Brotzu (which you clearly took seriously originally), or your incessant cheerleading for Follica. And on that point - I can’t even recall how many times you waved away my skepticism about wounding - pointing me again and again to Somebody’s Story (on HairLossTalk) and the Dhurat study. Only to acknowledge the other day that Somebody is probably a scammer of some sort and didn’t really achieve his “regrowth” through dermarolling alone.

Also you have a holier than thou attitude towards people who struggle with their hair loss and you seem like a dick. Thus my negative points. But the main thing is quit acting like some kind of point person or authority on new treatments. You can offer nothing on that front.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:02 am

Hanginginthewire wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:10 am
The thing is - no one is clamoring for your commentary on how future treatments are going, nor cares that you’re “feeling good” about future prospects.

You have demonstrated again and again that you do not have any special insight into the developing technologies. Whether it’s writing a FAQ for Brotzu (which you clearly took seriously originally), or your incessant cheerleading for Follica. And on that point - I can’t even recall how many times you waved away my skepticism about wounding - pointing me again and again to Somebody’s Story (on HairLossTalk) and the Dhurat study. Only to acknowledge the other day that Somebody is probably a scammer of some sort and didn’t really achieve his “regrowth” through dermarolling alone.

Also you have a holier than thou attitude towards people who struggle with their hair loss and you seem like a dick. Thus my negative points. But the main thing is quit acting like some kind of point person or authority on new treatments. You can offer nothing on that front.
No one is clamoring to hear your relentlessly crying — but we get to see it on every fucking post you make. You demand attention and want everyone to look at you and be like "Oooooh, poor you! You really feel bad about your hairloss!" So does everyone else around here; you're not special. Grow some fucking balls already, you little faggot.

Again, how many people here would actually disagree that I've done more to help out in regards to informing n00bz about what they can do and might be able to do about it in the future than you, you who do nothing but piss and moan allll the fucking time? You bring NOTHING good anywhere you go. Find me ONE fucking person who thinks you're anything other than a self-absorbed manchild.

Jesus Christ. You, Foucault, that Hate The BT guy — there's something ironic about the fact that the most openly-gay users on these forums are also the biggest cunts. What's with that?

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:22 am

Hanginginthewire wrote:

You come off as bitter and jealous. I don't recall That guy claiming he's the hair authority, or saying everyone is desperate for his updates, he's simply posting like anyone else. I know lots of his threads got a lot of information and discussion going at HairLossTalk, and he was asked to write articles etc.

For someone like me who is just too lazy to regularly seek updates on hair treatments and also too lazy/dumb to really understand the science of what could work in future, I appreciate anyone who can concisely keep us updated (or go in to further detail if required).

I actually don't know what your problem is, it's very unclear. You seem to be mainly angry that he apparently thinks people are clamoring for his updates? Is that really all?

That's just irrational and immature. Obviously I don't know if there's further beef between you two and if there's two sides to this, but if you can justify hating on him at all (which I doubt, as generally I tend to agree with ThatGuy and regard him as a logical person) then you've done a really bad job at expressing why.

Basically I just appreciate hair loss info in a nice tidy package and I don't like seeing people discouraged from providing it.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:52 am

I have stated before and will state again to be clear here: I have gotten past any dispute I have had with literally any member provided they are willing. HB, Afro in the past, Occulus, etc. and have explained to HITW before that all it will take for me to not call him out in return, is for him to just stop with incessant negativity and antagonistic downvotes.

I get it, we all get it, you're upset about your baldness. @Admin went bald at a younger age than most anyone online, but even he has remained a reasonable person in spite of it. No reason you can't be too.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by Hanginginthewire » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:59 am

That Guy, have you downvoted any of my posts? Why yes, yes you have. With consistency. Whatever antagonism exists between us started from you, pal. Here again, your hypocrisy is alarming.

You didn’t address the points I made up thread, probably because what is there to say? Indeed you have flip flopped and back-peddled with regularity.

I’m not taking the bait on your calling me a faggot - I’m not interested in your shit posts or your pseudo intellectualism with regard to identity politics or anything else. I will say that it takes someone as self absorbed and delusional as you to notice a pattern of hostility with openly gay users - and reach the conclusion that there’s something wrong with THEM, rather than realize that you yourself might have an issue with gay people.

I did call you out on your anti-gay sentiments in another thread, and you were incredulous and protested the characterization. Now you think it’s “ironic” that openly gay posters are in your mind a bunch of cry-babies and drama queens. There’s probably a thread a day from posters of all sexualities with suicidal ideation but sure, it’s only the gay ones who can’t handle our hair loss. :roll: Again, try to maintain some kind of consistency in your views.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by Hanginginthewire » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Rudiger wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:22 am
You come off as bitter and jealous. I don't recall That guy claiming he's the hair authority, or saying everyone is desperate for his updates, he's simply posting like anyone else. I know lots of his threads got a lot of information and discussion going at HairLossTalk, and he was asked to write articles etc.

For someone like me who is just too lazy to regularly seek updates on hair treatments and also too lazy/dumb to really understand the science of what could work in future, I appreciate anyone who can concisely keep us updated (or go in to further detail if required).

I actually don't know what your problem is, it's very unclear. You seem to be mainly angry that he apparently thinks people are clamoring for his updates? Is that really all?

That's just irrational and immature. Obviously I don't know if there's further beef between you two and if there's two sides to this, but if you can justify hating on him at all (which I doubt, as generally I tend to agree with ThatGuy and regard him as a logical person) then you've done a really bad job at expressing why.

Basically I just appreciate hair loss info in a nice tidy package and I don't like seeing people discouraged from providing it.
The information that he’s providing to you (I.e. his gut feelings on any given treatment) is incorrect or irrelevant. And whatever he posted here was lifted straight from hairlosscure2020. You can just visit there. That Guy does not have any special insight into the science, treatments, or coping methods when it comes to hair loss.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:19 pm

Hanginginthewire wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:14 pm
The information that he’s providing to you (I.e. his gut feelings on any given treatment) is incorrect or irrelevant. And whatever he posted here was lifted straight from hairlosscure2020. You can just visit there. That Guy does not have any special insight into the science, treatments, or coping methods when it comes to hair loss.
You can't just say it's incorrect and then not explain specifically why (which is what you should do in the first place).
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Hanginginthewire wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:59 am
That Guy, have you downvoted any of my posts? Why yes, yes you have. With consistency. Whatever antagonism exists between us started from you, pal. Here again, your hypocrisy is alarming.

You didn’t address the points I made up thread, probably because what is there to say? Indeed you have flip flopped and back-peddled with regularity.

I’m not taking the bait on your calling me a faggot - I’m not interested in your shit posts or your pseudo intellectualism with regard to identity politics or anything else. I will say that it takes someone as self absorbed and delusional as you to notice a pattern of hostility with openly gay users - and reach the conclusion that there’s something wrong with THEM, rather than realize that you yourself might have an issue with gay people.

I did call you out on your anti-gay sentiments in another thread, and you were incredulous and protested the characterization. Now you think it’s “ironic” that openly gay posters are in your mind a bunch of cry-babies and drama queens. There’s probably a thread a day from posters of all sexualities with suicidal ideation but sure, it’s only the gay ones who can’t handle our hair loss. :roll: Again, try to maintain some kind of consistency in your views.
Nope. Any downvotes I give you are for your whiny shitposts. Which, by the way, is the very reason you started your hostility in the first place: Because I called you out on your shit. Ever since, you've been a bitch.

I'm far from the only one who has called you out on your behavior and you know this. Foucault, also openly-gay, was also an incredibly hostile user toward me and many others simply because he thought everyone else was totally fucking stupid. Same with Hate Da BT, who also regularly downvotes my posts, bitches at me and called me a "moron" when I said there would be a placebo group in a specific trial...only for him to get shut down by Noisette linking to the fact there is, in fact, a placebo group; this hostility also coming from an openly-gay user.

There is a running theme where the most belligerent users, who clearly are suffering from some kind of personality disorder on these kinds of forums are also openly-gay, to the point I have my doubts it's mere coincidence. Not exactly shining representation for your community, don't you think? I'm sure there are other homosexual users on these forums, but they don't act the way you guys do. Strange...

I'm not providing any incorrect information and it's fucking hysterical that you consider what I think to be "irrelevant" but seem to think that the fact that you feel really, really sad is something the rest of us need to give a shit about.
As for special insight: No shit, none of these websites do either, you dumbass.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by Hanginginthewire » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:48 pm

I actually had no idea Hate da Bt was gay. I guess I’m not keeping tabs on that like you seem to be. The fact that you are trying to extrapolate something about the gay community writ large based on your experience with a couple of gay people on an anynomous hair loss forum speaks volumes.

I gave you an example of your erroneous posts - if you mentioned Somebody to me as “proof” that wounding works six times you did it sixty. And it wasn’t just like, “hey there’s this one guy it appeared to work for....”, it was “OBVIOSULY WE KNOW it works...” etc. Delivered in your typical hectoring and authoritative style. Meanwhile you’re over here posting that he’s likely a scammer of some type. Your cheerleading for Follica hopefully doesn’t have to be enumerated here. How many people had Follica assisted with alleviating their hair loss?

Anyway this thread could have been on (pointless) topic if you could have just taken your lumps without crying about them.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:17 am

Hanginginthewire wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:48 pm
I actually had no idea Hate da Bt was gay. I guess I’m not keeping tabs on that like you seem to be. The fact that you are trying to extrapolate something about the gay community writ large based on your experience with a couple of gay people on an anynomous hair loss forum speaks volumes.

I gave you an example of your erroneous posts - if you mentioned Somebody to me as “proof” that wounding works six times you did it sixty. And it wasn’t just like, “hey there’s this one guy it appeared to work for....”, it was “OBVIOSULY WE KNOW it works...” etc. Delivered in your typical hectoring and authoritative style. Meanwhile you’re over here posting that he’s likely a scammer of some type. Your cheerleading for Follica hopefully doesn’t have to be enumerated here. How many people had Follica assisted with alleviating their hair loss?

Anyway this thread could have been on (pointless) topic if you could have just taken your lumps without crying about them.
Follica isn't on the market yet and you have no idea what their trials are, so what point do you think you're making here?

Yup, Somebody could be a scammer to some extent, but shall I cite all the scientific research that proves wounding is a viable method of growing hair instead? Dermarolling and minoxidil may be unlikely to make you a fullhead, but the science behind wound neogenesis proves that if someone figures out how to amplify the affect reliably, via chemicals, method of wounding, etc. it's absolutely viable.

But you have no special insight or insider information that warrants us to doubt that a company spending millions and moving through trials presently has nothing of worth to us to offer — so do you see your hypocrisy yet?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:34 am

Hanginginthewire wrote:
It's arguably the most important contribution that one can make to this site. We need more discussion of hair loss treatments, both those currently available and those which may one day available. It increases the site's odds of attracting and keeping traffic.

If you don't like That Guy's discussion of the science, then you are free to try and post a better discussion of the science.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by Hanginginthewire » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:10 pm

It only takes a cursory google search to learn about the Big Three - doesn’t require much expounding on. Try propecia, minoxidil, and nizoral - see if they help. That’s it.

The only treatment (currently available) that needs a lot of research and discussion is hair transplants - and That Guy actively steers people away from pursuing that avenue. For now. I think his tune will change when his hair loss progresses.

New treatments probably drive website traffic and that’s good for Admin’s project here and that’s good - but ultimately it’s just false hope and wheel spinning at this point.