Breezula trial data update - We are all gonna make it?

Discuss the latest news about cutting edge hair loss research: Tsuji, RepliCel, Follicum, etc.
White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by White Ferrari » 1 year ago

You guys seen this yet?

http://www.cassiopea.com/news-and-media ... 80716.aspx

Cassiopea today released 6-month data from their ongoing trial of topical antiandrogen Breezula (a.k.a CB 03-01).

They are trialing various dosages for twice daily application: 2.5%, 5%, 7.5%. Also a 7.5% group for just once a day application.

All dosages showed good regrowth at 6 months. The 7.5% group that applied twice daily achieved the same level of growth at 6 months that Propecia does at the ONE-YEAR MARK.

Sounds very promising. Presumably this should have far less adverse effects than finasteride. The study so far hasn't noted any adverse events among patients besides some mild local skin reaction. Then again, I'm sure the same was said for the early finasteride studies back in the day :mrgreen:

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

From where I stand, we're all going to make it when we have a solution that won't potentially make our boobs grow or our penis deflate.

This is great news for people who aren't sensitive to hormonal changes though. This is why I never get excited about future hormonal treatments.

Their side-effects will always make me go like "nah, not worth it", especially after having to undergo gynecomastia surgery.

People who swear they don't get side-effects from finasteride might not even realize that they're getting it.

I was struck by @Afro_Vacancy 's anecdote about a member of HairlossTalk saying finasteride was like popping a sugar pill (that slows down your hair loss though) until his wife gave him a reality check by telling me he wasn't having sex with her anymore.

When they talk about advances with antiandrogens, I'm always thinking that people might as well jump on all the feminizing treatments that are available out there, sure they'll often regrow some hair, but at what price?
:christian-cross:

White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by White Ferrari » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
From where I stand, we're all going to make it when we have a solution that won't potentially make our boobs grow or our penis deflate.

This is great news for people who aren't sensitive to hormonal changes though. This is why I never get excited about future hormonal treatments.

Their side-effects will always make me go like "nah, not worth it", especially after having to undergo gynecomastia surgery.

People who swear they don't get side-effects from finasteride might not even realize that they're getting it.

I was struck by @Afro_Vacancy 's anecdote about a member of HairlossTalk saying finasteride was like popping a sugar pill (that slows down your hair loss though) until his wife gave him a reality check by telling me he wasn't having sex with her anymore.

When they talk about advances with antiandrogens, I'm always thinking that people might as well jump on all the feminizing treatments that are available out there, sure they'll often regrow some hair, but at what price?
Well, allegedly this isn't gonna affect hormones once it hits bloodstream. As you may know, this active ingredient is also being trialed at a 1% dosage for acne under the brand name Winlevi. Results for this have also been stellar. Winlevi is projected to launch late 2019 or early 2020. So soon enough you will have a bunch of people using it on their face (where you'd expect high systemic absorption).

Only time will truly tell.

kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Any new effective and relatively safe treatment is welcome. Will probably be adding it to the regimen if it makes it to market

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago

1) CB-0301 is a topical treatment, an androgen-receptor blocker. It is believed that it will have fewer systemic side effects than other treatments because it doesn't survive in the blood. The molecule reacts with something else and gets converted very quickly to a different molecule that does other things, so side effects in the blood should be minimal, short-lived, and dose-dependent. Further, it is then less likely to reach the brain as finasteride does, as it would first need to spend time in the blood to cross the blood-brain barrier.

From the poster "Gone" on our former site:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... ed.103014/

Breezula: "Breezula™ does not interfere with the hormonal and, in particular, androgenic profile of patients; libido and sexual behavior are unaffected in clinical trials to date. Because the API of Breezula™ is the same as that of Winlevi™, both product candidates have the same safety profile. Although Breezula™ has a higher concentration of this API, because the scalp is less permeable than facial skin, the systemic penetration of the two product candidates is substantially the same."

http://www.cassiopea.com/activities/pro ... ezula.aspx

There are two proposed reasons for why CB has few side effects. The first: "CB-03-01 might poorly penetrate the blood brain barrier, thus failing to achieve adequate concentration in CNS."

The second, and more popular, is that CB is "rapidly" hydrolyzed to cortexolone, which does not have an anti-androgenic effect. This is the idea that Cosmo/Cassiopeia has run with since the study cited above, one of the first about CB.

2) I know that you are concerned of hormonal treatments due to your experience on anti-psychotic medications a few years back. That might be unrelated, anti-psychotics are known to sometimes raise levels of the hormone prolactin, which can cause gynacomastia. It's a hormone that contributes to breast growth (and many other things, some good, some bad). However, the gyno that emerges on anti-androgen treatments like finasteride is not due to prolactin, but due to lower DHT and higher estrogen.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 1 year ago

I remain cautious.

Six-month data is hardly a reliable indicator of whether or not it will sustain both the baseline and the regrowth. We just can't be sure yet, but the admin at HLC2020 is already calling it "the real deal".

Consider that just a month ago, this guy said he was "disappointed" in the progress Tsuji's team is making, despite the fact that they're the most technologically-advanced, and fastest toward commercialization out of ANY of these things.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

These days, any new thing in the Market, except for Robotic hair transplants, interests me.

Even Brotzu's solution is interesting. It's new. It's been too long since anything new hits the
markets.

Histogen really seemed promising, in 2011.

Now, nobody cares any more.

Grasshopper
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: finasteride 0.5mg, RU58841 2x40mg, Dermarolling bleeding weekly, Microdose minoxidil

Post by Grasshopper » 1 year ago

Those are the best news I've read on a forum since this shit started. 8-)