Three FUE hair transplants - 5124 grafts - NW6 - Rudi De Reys

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

It is all or nothing yes. That's why never listen to women and (another man to be honest also). Most men are your "enemies" anyway. We are all in a big competition if we want it or not. Forums like this you get more or less an honest response. That's very rare.
Most important thing is to have an actual hair line. It doesn't matter if its a very mature hair line even at a young age or a low one. But having a fucked up hair line is worse than shaving (in my book). As you all know I'm running around now with a buzzed head and even with having a very understanding and cute girlfriend (she even washed my head yesterday lol), I can already sense that she is less attracted to me. It's just the truth. Does that mean a woman leaves you because of hair? If you chose a good one, probably not. I guess its the same for you. Your girlfriend does not "care" but I'm very sure she is proud in the end to have a boyfriend that chose to do something. Face is just everything in looks. I had one time a woman in bed with a killer body but I couldn't look at her face during sex lol (yeah yeah not nice I know) and I can imagine you don't get extra wet looking at a bald head during sex. Maybe some. On the crown part I'm a bit more open I guess that you are. I think having a good front is 90% and you still can use Toppik on the crown (I do the same).

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
It is all or nothing yes. That's why never listen to women and (another man to be honest also). Most men are your "enemies" anyway. We are all in a big competition if we want it or not. Forums like this you get more or less an honest response. That's very rare.
Most important thing is to have an actual hair line. It doesn't matter if its a very mature hair line even at a young age or a low one. But having a fucked up hair line is worse than shaving (in my book). As you all know I'm running around now with a buzzed head and even with having a very understanding and cute girlfriend (she even washed my head yesterday lol), I can already sense that she is less attracted to me. It's just the truth. Does that mean a woman leaves you because of hair? If you chose a good one, probably not. I guess it the same for you. Your girlfriend does not "care" but I'm very sure she is proud in the end to have a boyfriend that chose to do something. Face is just everything in looks. I had one time a woman in bed with a killer body but I couldn't look at her face during sex lol (yeah yeah not nice I know) and I can imagine you don't get extra wet looking at a bald head during sex. Maybe some. On the crown part I'm a bit more open I guess that you are. I think having a good front is 90% and you still can use Toppik on the crown (I do the same).
You want to know the bitter truth about my girlfriend and her take on hair loss? She went from "You know I don't care about hair, I took you as you are with a shaved head!" to "I wish you wouldn't cut your hair so short."". She often plays with it too: "So fluffy! I can do that right? It's so long and full now." with a big smile. And she's disappointed when I cut it short (and by that I mean 6mm on the sides and 1,8cm on top): "I prefer when it's longer but that's just me..."

Also, she had one serious boyfriend before me and being always bluntly honest, she told me she discovered he went completely bald recently and she just couldn't contain it: "It's my ex, he cheated on me, he hurt me... it's hard not to be happy that it happened to him, I know! But that's a human feeling!" Yeah I get it, when it comes to your ex(es) and you were legitimately wronged, you just want to win.

And having an abusive ex-boyfriend who rapidly went bald after you dumped him = win by KO I guess. If you had to pick one thing that would represent someone's downfall, a proof that he's much worse off... You could pick becoming overweight but the person could relatively easily lose the weight, financial problems but the person could sort their life out and become financially secure again... Baldness? In our primate minds, it's automatically something that we think about as having a permanent "loser" stamp on your forehead. And no wonder, until like years ago, there was no effective way of going from a NW5 to a NW2 other than a hair piece, and using that and being found would make you an ever bigger loser in the eyes of society.

Living through a situation like mine is pretty unique, well, it's extremely rare for sure. There was this example on reddit:

The guy just says it as it is: girls treat me better, people in general too, and then the blue-pill squad had to come in to tell him that it had to be all in his head, that it was his new-found confidence that did the trick. Lol no, now I can safely say that's complete bullshit, but I realized this a long time ago. Probably the second I went bald, as I had this saying in my head: "There's no use arguing with what's obvious! And here it's pretty obvious! Hair matters a lot, and there's no way around it."
:christian-cross:

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

"I wish you wouldn't cut your hair so short.""
Who would have known? xD
The most important life lesson I learned in general is really to not listen to people what they say, but more important to listen to what they actually do. You cant fake a smile when running your hands through your boyfriend's hair. You simply can't. The same I couldn't smile when my Tinder date is 50 pounds more than in her pictures. I just can't. But I can easily fake an "I do not care" and ghost her. I had a very similar reaction from my girl. I cut my hair every 3 weeks to not look like a goblin because I simply couldn't style it and needed to shave the sides regularly. (hope this changes now soon). Well one time I didn't go for 4-5 weeks and my girlfriend said she really likes the long hair (yeah thanks me too -.-) but receding + long hair is just disgusting. Now the same women have to look at a Nazi buzzed head for at least 3 months.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
Who would have known? xD
The most important life lesson I learned in general is really to not listen to people what they say, but more important to listen to what they actually do. You cant fake a smile when running your hands through your boyfriend's hair. You simply can't. The same I couldn't smile when my Tinder date is 50 pounds more than in her pictures. I just can't. But I can easily fake an "I do not care" and ghost her. I had a very similar reaction from my girl. I cut my hair every 3 weeks to not look like a goblin because I simply couldn't style it and needed to shave the sides regularly. (hope this changes now soon). Well one time I didn't go for 4-5 weeks and my girlfriend said she really likes the long hair (yeah thanks me too -.-) but receding + long hair is just disgusting. Now the same women have to look at a Nazi buzzed head for at least 3 months.
I think I was already banned when I really wanted to share this one on HairlossTalk.

Here's what my maternal grandmother told me out of the blue:

"I'm proud of you! "

I'm like "Oh, OK, why?"

"You have hair! I'm glad those operations worked out for you! It's beautiful!" with a joyful smile.

It took me a long time to process this one :lol:.

Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
1000 graft temple transplant with Dr De Reys 04/19

Post by Johnt1997 » 1 year ago

Looks good man, looks natural and not really wirey like a hair transplant can look. Are you planning to grow out your hair any longer, i think the benefits of having hair increase when the hair is a little longer

Also, your crown isn't even that bad to be honest, mines was a little like that before i started treatments. A little bit of hair fibres, thickening shampoos/products and hairdryer to add volume you'll be sorted in my opinion

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Johnt1997 wrote:
1 year ago
Looks good man, looks natural and not really wirey like a hair transplant can look. Are you planning to grow out your hair any longer, i think the benefits of having hair increase when the hair is a little longer

Also, your crown isn't even that bad to be honest, mines was a little like that before i started treatments. A little bit of hair fibres, thickening shampoos/products and hairdryer to add volume you'll be sorted in my opinion
Thanks! I cut my hair yesterday, 9mm on the sides and 2,1cm on top. I plan to cut it every month so the length on top is going to be 3cm at most. I think that's the best strategy for me to look both presentable and aesthetic.

I don't plan to use hair fibers, at the moment dermarolling with a 1.5mm twice a week seems to have a positive effect on my crown, and other than that, I have a third and last FUE planned on February 4th, De Reys said he'd be able to extract and plant around 1000 grafts on that crown, which I think should do the trick, if everything goes well.

I should be close to a normal fullish head of hair after that, and even then, I could still get a subtle layer of temporary SMP, but it's unlikely. I'm quite happy at the moment and it's unbelievable how fast your attention shifts to the area that's the problem. So yeah I feel a bit uncomfortable that my crown looks like that but when I see myself in the mirror, I'm over the moon.

Johnt1997
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Propecia - 0.5mg/day
Minoxidil - 5 & 12.5%
1000 graft temple transplant with Dr De Reys 04/19

Post by Johnt1997 » 1 year ago

Fair enough, you'd know what's looks best on you. How does it feel to the touch, does it feel thick when you run your fingers through it?

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Johnt1997 wrote:
1 year ago
Fair enough, you'd know what's looks best on you. How does it feel to the touch, does it feel thick when you run your fingers through it?
It feels fluffy, that's what my girlfriend says anyway :p.

My experience is that even right before I shaved my head when I was 20 and it was already in pretty bad shape, it still felt thick to the touch. In the mirror, it was a different story.

That works for the shaved head too if you want SMP, even a few hundred hairs in your Norwood 6 area will make it feel like there are a lot of hair.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: nothing

Post by supremegentleman » 1 year ago

Admin please give an update at 12 months mark when you get there. I would also like to see how it looks when you sprinkle some hair fibres at your crown. Lots of love.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
So I've been banned from the tressless subreddit for no apparent reason (the post about my hair transplants is still up):

banned-tressless.jpg

So I was like:

But then I saw this comment on my hair transplants:

rassman-comment.jpg

And I was like:

I'm surprise sluthate hasn't banned you yet. Have they?

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

rclark wrote:
1 year ago
I'm surprise sluthate hasn't banned you yet. Have they?
I'm not active on sluthate, I have an account with a different username but I've never posted much.

It's one of the rare forum that almost never bans anyone, you have to give them that.

While just mentioning that looks aren't everything will get you banned on lookism for example.

HairlossTalk used to be very forgiving, which was what made it a great place compared to other hair loss forums.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 year ago

Looking great Fred - please post more pictures soon.

I'm also getting a transplant in 6 months so you will see my outcome as well.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

Johnson wrote:
1 year ago
Looking great Fred - please post more pictures soon.

I'm also getting a transplant in 6 months so you will see my outcome as well.
4 more months to go!

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: nothing

Post by supremegentleman » 1 year ago

@Admin post new photos of your hair man.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

supremegentleman wrote:
1 year ago
@Admin post new photos of your hair man
Here's a picture I took at the gym today, with my face uncovered for the first time:

FUE-de-reys-4024-grafts-8-months.jpg
FUE-de-reys-4024-grafts-8-months.jpg (97.98 KiB) Viewed 2032 times

So that's now 8 months after my second FUE (2024 additional grafts to densify the front and mid-third).

Some new hairs are still a bit wirey but my hair is still improving.

Before picture (2014, pre-hair transplants) for reference: