Three FUE hair transplants - 5124 grafts - NW6 - Rudi De Reys

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day

Three FUE hair transplants - 5124 grafts - NW6 - Rudi De Reys

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

I will start from the beginning:

April 2014 - Norwood 5
Before.jpg
Before.jpg (17.56 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

3.5 years after my first FUE hair transplant (2000 grafts with Dr De Reys in May 2014)
After-first-FUE.jpg
After-first-FUE.jpg (48.13 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

6 months after my second FUE hair transplant (2024 grafts with Dr De Reys in January 2018)

Front:
FUE-front-6-months.jpg
FUE-front-6-months.jpg (81.71 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

Left side:
FUE-left-side-6-months.jpg
FUE-left-side-6-months.jpg (100.1 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

Right side:
FUE-right-side-6-months.jpg
FUE-right-side-6-months.jpg (108.52 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

I'm almost like:

But then, one look at the crown (something hair transplant clinics will often not show):
FUE-back-6-months.jpg
FUE-back-6-months.jpg (104.95 KiB) Viewed 11132 times

I'm quite happy with how it looks from the front and sides. As usual I'll discuss my future plans: I already have a third (and last) FUE hair transplant booked with Dr De Reys in February 2019, but unfortunately, he said he'd only be able to extract around 1000 more grafts to place on the crown. Other than that, I'm thinking about having some temporary SMP (tricopigmentation) done at the back of my head after the third hair transplant since it won't be enough to cover everything properly. I've also started dermarolling on my crown with a 1.5mm dermaroller two weeks ago. I don't think it will do much but it's worth a try.

My recovery may not be complete, but I undoubtebly feel and look much better than if I hadn't chosen to go the multiple hair transplant route when I was 24 years old and already a slick NW5. I'm also quite confident that new effective treatments and procedures will come out soon.

9 month update:

1 year and 1 month update:
2nd-FUE-1year-update.jpg
2nd-FUE-1year-update.jpg (182.67 KiB) Viewed 6579 times

Third FUE with Dr. De Reys (1100 grafts on the crown area) in February 2019

Crown before:
FUE-crown-before.JPG
FUE-crown-before.JPG (317.17 KiB) Viewed 6579 times

Crown post-op:
FUE-crown-1100-grafts.JPG
FUE-crown-1100-grafts.JPG (314.31 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
Crown - 6 month update:
FUE-1100-grafts-De-Reys-6-months.jpg
FUE-1100-grafts-De-Reys-6-months.jpg (313.89 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Three FUE hair transplants - 5124 grafts - NW6 - Rudi De Reys

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

Long way you went. With Toppik on the crown, you could go out with the appearance of a full head.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

The front pic in particular looks pretty amazing! Definitely worth all the trouble.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 1 year ago

You look really good. Your looks improved drastically since you had a hair transplant. I think the lack of hair on crown is not that bad. It's definietely better than the receding hair line look. Maybe try putting some toppik or dermatch on your crown and post some pictures. But for my It wouldn't bother me that much. I know we all want full heads of hair but in my eyes you look more than decent especially with longer hair.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

It's looking very good bro. I knew you had gone with a conservative hair line so I was not expecting it to look that good from the front, but it's actually a graceful looking amount of recession and age appropriate for late 20's+

Hopefully that final transplant + possible SMP will do the trick for the crown. Do you use concealer at all?

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 year ago

Looks excellent. In the front, you have acquired complete coverage. There is still some visible balding in crown but I have no doubt that your future FUE procedure + temp smp will improve things significantly.
Trump 2020

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago
It's looking very good bro. I knew you had gone with a conservative hair line so I was not expecting it to look that good from the front, but it's actually a graceful looking amount of recession and age appropriate for late 20's+

Hopefully that final transplant + possible SMP will do the trick for the crown. Do you use concealer at all?
Thanks kj!

Well, I still have my dermmatch in the bathroom but to be frank, I just don't want to bother. I'm sure that it would look great (Toppik too as Jason suggested) but it's just not something I would do regularly. Maybe for a special event or something.

I've gone out with a completely bald in my early 20's so I don't mind waiting another 9 months with a crown like that. De Reys told me by email (I guess after seeing that my donor area still looked good) that he could extract 1000 grafts and possibly more for my third hair transplant.

I think my wavy hair is going to help a lot to cover more ground with a relatively small number of grafts, so it's possible that I'll be able to forego the SMP, but it feels good to know that I'm certainly not running out of options. I'm still putting minoxidil on my beard (the results are also coming in nicely) so using some beard grafts could also be a possibility someday.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

So I've been banned from the tressless subreddit for no apparent reason (the post about my hair transplants is still up):
banned-tressless.jpg
banned-tressless.jpg (62.09 KiB) Viewed 10522 times
So I was like:

But then I saw this comment on my hair transplants:
rassman-comment.jpg
rassman-comment.jpg (20.85 KiB) Viewed 10522 times
And I was like:

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
So I've been banned from the tressless subreddit for no apparent reason (the post about my hair transplants is still up):

banned-tressless.jpg

So I was like:

But then I saw this comment on my hair transplants:

rassman-comment.jpg

And I was like:

I actually visited Dr.Rassman in 2009. Didn't know he posts on Reddit.
Trump 2020

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Post by MadScientist » 1 year ago

This is one of the most transformative HTs I have ever seen... You made a lot of good decisions to arrive at this point... Personally I don’t have thick or dense beard hair, but if you do, it could add to your density. I think trichopigmentation and 1000 FUE should make a nice improvement. Iirc, you have good hair caliber.

Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Marki » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
As for my 4 month update I will start from the beginning:

April 2014 - Norwood 5:

Before.jpg

3.5 years after my first FUE hair transplant (2000 grafts with Dr De Reys in May 2014):

After-first-FUE.jpg

And now, 6 months after my second FUE hair transplant (2024 grafts with Dr De Reys in January 2018):

Front:

FUE-front-6-months.jpg

Left side:

FUE-left-side-6-months.jpg

Right side:

FUE-right-side-6-months.jpg

I'm almost like:

But then, one look at the crown (something hair transplant clinics will often not show):

FUE-back-6-months.jpg

I'm quite happy with how it looks from the front and sides. As usual I'll discuss my future plans: I already have a third (and last) FUE hair transplant booked with Dr De Reys in February 2019, but unfortunately, he said he'd only be able to extract around 1000 more grafts to place on the crown. Other than that, I'm thinking about having some temporary SMP (tricopigmentation) done at the back of my head after the third hair transplant since it won't be enough to cover everything properly. I've also started dermarolling on my crown with a 1.5mm dermaroller two weeks ago. I don't think it will do much but it's worth a try.

My recovery may not be complete, but I undoubtebly feel and look much better than if I hadn't chosen to go the multiple hair transplant route when I was 24 years old and already a slick NW5. I'm also quite confident that new effective treatments and procedures will come out soon.
Looks pretty decent. Did you have a pic from your youth before the hair was noticeably thinning? We have similar hair type actually - kinda curly kinda feathery. Maybe once it grows out it'll look something like this, keep hoping keep praying:
Attachments
JKb.jpg
JKb.jpg (20.38 KiB) Viewed 9899 times

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Was the Reddit link posted in here?

Did you find out anything as to why you got banned?
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
Was the Reddit link posted in here?

Did you find out anything as to why you got banned?
Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comm ... 6_de_reys/

As I've said in another thread, it would be helpful if you guys with a reddit account could upvote the post.

The most plausible explanation would be that they considered the linking of my website as some kind of advertisement. But I've seen people put links to HairlossTalk and other hair loss forums many times so this is weird.

Another explanation is that well, they know who I am, and like many people, they remember how aggressive and vindictive I could be a few years ago. There were a few posts on reddit by some of their members laughing about the fact that I had been in a mental health clinic because of my hair loss. Quite the thing to say in a hair loss community.

This is probably the only reason my posts about my hair transplant got downvoted on reddit. And you can quickly spot the trolls who got downvoted by reasonable people pretty fast: "You went from bald to heavily balding! What was the point?" Now where have I heard that before? I find it sad that those mods on various hair loss forum let their ego and how much they hate someone dictate their decisions.

Forget about how my case could possibly be inspirational to younger hair loss sufferers and how I could help them with my advice. No, what matters the most here is that I can stick it to that annoying Belgian poster who used to have extreme views over hair loss! That'll teach him! Other than that, the other day, I corrected someone who vehemently said that it was impossible that peptides could go through the skin barrier by quoting evidence that showed that it wasn't true. It took me like 5 minutes to find the information, and my post was quickly flagged as spam.

The guy even wrote "Contradict me so I can pick you apart" at the end of his post. Yeah sure, he had like 10 upvotes and my reply vanished. The more I see those situations unfold, the more I think a website like this one was necessary. BaldTruthTalk's moderators are also quite trigger-happy and will put anyone they don't like on a moderation queue, which is code for censorship, you end up in a limbo and your posts just never appear again.

Many people are asking me questions on reddit and I can't reply now. Just brilliant. One of them asked: "Looking good, Fred. If you don't mind me asking, why were you banned from HairlossTalk?" Well...

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 1 year ago

"You went from bald to heavily balding! What was the point?"
It's not like you were Norwood 6 and after Transplant a 5.
People are just jealous because they do nothing to improve their situation.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
It's not like you were Norwood 6 and after Transplant a 5.
People are just jealous because they do nothing to improve their situation.
This is an interesting strategy that people who are envious, jealous or bitter use: they'll take an error, or a flaw, sometimes very small (and when they can't find it they'll make it up) and blow its importance out of proportion in the hopes that it will make you feel like shit.

Wolf Pack on HairLossTalk became more and more aggressive in that regard, even though he's always used this strategy to an extent. So what he would do (like the guy on reddit) is say "yeah but, despite all that, you're still heavily balding and man, I'm telling you, it's all or nothing here, black or white! Girls think this way, trust me! So it won't make any difference, what's the point?! If you had your head shaved and were a slick NW6, your life would be the same!"

This is the analysis of a sick and narcissistic mind, who thinks that for example, I could charm a woman and she'd be all in... until I turned and she saw that I was lacking hair at the back of my head. Same with people in general, they'd treat me well but as soon as they'd see that heavily balding crown, it's over, you instantly become the 'bald loser' again, and by the way, now the way you look from the front doesn't matter at all, it's all or nothing!

Of course the guy was downvoted and called out by the other users on reddit, thank God. I was thinking yesterday "well this is the internet, you know those people are always lurking", and the worst offenders must be the incel/sluthate crowd who will see a male model and be like "his philtrum is too long! 3/10 can't be considered Chad!".