3353 graft FUE with Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 12 month results

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
User avatar
DerPapillus
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 51
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 165

3353 graft FUE with Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 12 month results

Post by DerPapillus » 2 weeks ago

So...I had a transplant with dr. Erkan Demirsoy on 13th of February, 2019. Personally, I feel it was worth it as my appearance has improved by a great deal... People who know me comment on its success and I am overall a happier human being than I was before. Thank you to the Doctor, and to his assistant!

These photos represent my (almost) 12 month results.

Feel free to comment on the results as I appreciate your thoughts.

Special thanks to @Admin who gave me precious advice and encouraged me to go through with the procedure.

Before:
_NDE4099.JPG
_NDE4099.JPG (1.47 MiB) Viewed 540 times
_NDE4098.JPG
_NDE4098.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 540 times
_NDE4093.JPG
_NDE4093.JPG (1.33 MiB) Viewed 540 times
After:
HT1-1.jpg
HT1-1.jpg (353.14 KiB) Viewed 540 times
HT2-2.jpg
HT2-2.jpg (440.86 KiB) Viewed 540 times
HT3-3.jpg
HT3-3.jpg (486.97 KiB) Viewed 540 times
HT4-4.jpg
HT4-4.jpg (475.76 KiB) Viewed 540 times
HT5-5.jpg
HT5-5.jpg (576.38 KiB) Viewed 540 times
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 769
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2322

Re: 3353 graft FUE with Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 12 month results

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

DerPapillus wrote:
2 weeks ago
So...I had a transplant with dr. Erkan Demirsoy on 13th of February, 2019. Personally, I feel it was worth it as my appearance has improved by a great deal... People who know me comment on its success and I am overall a happier human being than I was before. Thank you to the Doctor, and to his assistant!
Wow! Fantastic result. Very natural. Was this FUE?
Trump 2020

User avatar
DerPapillus
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 51
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 165

Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts

Post by DerPapillus » 2 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago
Wow! Fantastic result. Very natural. Was this FUE?
Thank you man! Yes, the surgery was performed with FUE technique, using a 0.8-0.9 mm punch if I remember correctly. The doc performed all extractions himself, and also punctures (holes)... leaving the implantation to technicians.

Surgery took about 7-8 hours, with a meal in between.

Cheers
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

Doc
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 60
Joined: 2 months ago
Reputation: 80
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: finasteride

Re: 3353 graft FUE with Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 12 month results

Post by Doc » 2 weeks ago

Stellar result. Just shows in the right hands and right candidate. Epic turn around!
"I don't at all feel normal for picking apart some Wolf Pack story" - Rudiger
"Trust me Wolf, I'm nuts" - Rudiger

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 769
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2322

Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

DerPapillus wrote:
2 weeks ago
Thank you man! Yes, the surgery was performed with FUE technique, using a 0.8-0.9 mm punch if I remember correctly. The doc performed all extractions himself, and also punctures (holes)... leaving the implantation to technicians.

Surgery took about 7-8 hours, with a meal in between.

Cheers
Thank you for the information. At some point, I would like to get hair transplant to improve my hair line. I will add Dr. Erkan to the list of surgeons I am interested in. I am especially looking at surgeons who are heavily involved in the process and don't leave everything to techs. Other surgeons I am considering are Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. Kaiser.
Trump 2020

User avatar
DerPapillus
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 51
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 165

Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts

Post by DerPapillus » 2 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago
Thank you for the information. At some point, I would like to get hair transplant to improve my hair line. I will add Dr. Erkan to the list of surgeons I am interested in. I am especially looking at surgeons who are heavily involved in the process and don't leave everything to techs. Other surgeons I am considering are Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. Kaiser.
I too had a shortlist of surgeons to do my transplant...and dr Lorenzo was one of three,
with dr Erdogan of Asmed completing the list. I had extended communication with all three
of them. While Lorenzo has great work ethics and results, he had a long waiting list. Asmed
kind of turned me down because of ''DUPA'' which at the time made me quite anxious, and
where Admin made me realize it was bullshit. I didn't have the best donor, but obviously not
nearly that bad. Also, Erdogan relies heavily on technicians not even overlooking all the
daily transplant taking place in his name (3-4 daily?) while Demirsoy does the heavy lifting
himself. I respect that, and it made me more comfortable.


As you can see, I came from a
rather shit place hair wise and thus chose a conservative hair line with minimal grafts possible
to cover all of the NW5 in order to preserve donor.

I am now happy with my hair, and am positive it will give me a peace of mind until more
effective procedures come to life. Until then, I can fully focus on other areas in my life
with hair once again being and looking the part reflecting how feel about myself.

by the way, I had taken finasteride for 8 months prior to surgery, and minoxidil + nizoral
for 1.5 years.

If you have any more questions, I will gladly try answering to my best knowledge and intentions.

Cheers
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 769
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2322

Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

DerPapillus wrote:
2 weeks ago
Asmed Also, Erdogan relies heavily on technicians not even overlooking all the
daily transplant taking place in his name (3-4 daily?)
That's precisely why Erdogan is not on my list. Lorenzo may have a long wait but I don't mind it as I think I can hold off transplants for a few years. I think Dr. Konior also doesn't use techs but transplants in the US are exorbitant.
DerPapillus wrote:
2 weeks ago
by the way, I had taken finasteride for 8 months prior to surgery, and minoxidil + nizoral
for 1.5 years.
Unfortunately finasteride gives me side effects, so I can't really use it. I am even scared of Nizoral because of it's anti androgenic effects. Minoxidil is something I should use but I have been putting it off. I just need to bite the bullet and hop on it.
Trump 2020

User avatar
DerPapillus
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 51
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 165

Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts

Post by DerPapillus » 2 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago
That's precisely why Erdogan is not on my list. Lorenzo may have a long wait but I don't mind it as I think I can hold off transplants for a few years. I think Dr. Konior also doesn't use techs but transplants in the US are exorbitant.



Unfortunately finasteride gives me side effects, so I can't really use it. I am even scared of Nizoral because of it's anti androgenic effects. Minoxidil is something I should use but I have been putting it off. I just need to bite the bullet and hop on it.
If you can afford to wait, I would definitely be considering dr Lorenzo too. He really is one
of the greats in hair restoration field. I'm glad I live in (developed) Europe when it comes to medical issues,
but I guess that is a question for another thread :)

I'm lucky not to have side effect on finasteride now going almost 2 years of using. Don't think nizoral does
much really, but I keep using it as it's great for greasy hair anyways which I get from putting on minoxidil
every morning. In my case, it's the minoxidil that gives unwanted effects...I can feel a little dizzy when going
a little harder on the weights in the gym right after an exercise where I lift my head and body upwards.
I know comes from its vasolidating properties. Me being a natural hypotensive and that's what I get. It's the
reason why I only use it in the morning, after which period my blood pressure rises throughout the day.

I definitely recommend minoxidil. Also, I think the chances of you experiencing sides on Nizoral are close
to zero. Remember, health is a result of interaction between psyche, social and physiological factors,
all affecting eachother. Somethimes it's better not to dwell too much on it...

Cheers
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 769
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2322

Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

DerPapillus wrote:
2 weeks ago
I definitely recommend minoxidil. Also, I think the chances of you experiencing sides on Nizoral are close
to zero. Remember, health is a result of interaction between psyche, social and physiological factors,
all affecting eachother. Somethimes it's better not to dwell too much on it...
I will definitely try minoxidil. Anti androgens are a different ball game for me. Finasteride wrecked my hair. When I started taking finasteride I thought that the worst side effects it can give is impotence. No one ever said anything about it being bad for hair for some people. I didn't even need it and just took it as a precaution. It turned out to be poison for my hair and I started shedding hundreds of hair per day within a week of starting it. The devastation continued it for 4 months and only slowed down once I stopped taking the med. I went from extremely dense NW1 to NW2. My hair all over head went from healthy looking and dry to oily and sickly. They haven't gone back to prefin days even after 11.5 years. Needless to say that I am deathly afraid of anti androgen's, even weak ones.

I saw a hair transplant doctor and he told me "Oh it can just be co-incidence. Perhaps your natural hair loss just started at the same time you started taking finasteride." . That's very unlikely. In fact I can even calculate the probability. I started taking finasteride when I was 26.5 years old. The hair loss started the same week I tool finasteride. Assuming that natural hair loss starts at 18, there were 442 weeks when it could have started for me. The odds of it starting the same week as I took the drug is 1/442 .
Trump 2020

User avatar
Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 349
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 998
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Re: 3353 graft FUE with Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 12 month results

Post by Pat » 2 weeks ago

Looks great. Congratulations! How long is Demisroy's waiting list?

User avatar
DerPapillus
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 51
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 165

Re: 3353 graft FUE with Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 12 month results

Post by DerPapillus » 2 weeks ago

Pat wrote:
2 weeks ago
Looks great. Congratulations! How long is Demisroy's waiting list?
Thank you! :) While I can't speak for 2020, I had to book couple of months ahead in November 2018. Also, I was very flexible as I was once again student, so he was able to squeeze me in on the Wednesday, 13th of February, 2019. I know it sounds like a cliche by now, but his assistant at the time was really helpful and forthcoming if you should decide to pursue more detailed information.

Cheers

Added in 49 minutes 49 seconds:
Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts
pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago
I will definitely try minoxidil. Anti androgens are a different ball game for me. Finasteride wrecked my hair. When I started taking finasteride I thought that the worst side effects it can give is impotence. No one ever said anything about it being bad for hair for some people. I didn't even need it and just took it as a precaution. It turned out to be poison for my hair and I started shedding hundreds of hair per day within a week of starting it. The devastation continued it for 4 months and only slowed down once I stopped taking the med. I went from extremely dense NW1 to NW2. My hair all over head went from healthy looking and dry to oily and sickly. They haven't gone back to prefin days even after 11.5 years. Needless to say that I am deathly afraid of anti androgen's, even weak ones.

I saw a hair transplant doctor and he told me "Oh it can just be co-incidence. Perhaps your natural hair loss just started at the same time you started taking finasteride." . That's very unlikely. In fact I can even calculate the probability. I started taking finasteride when I was 26.5 years old. The hair loss started the same week I tool finasteride. Assuming that natural hair loss starts at 18, there were 442 weeks when it could have started for me. The odds of it starting the same week as I took the drug is 1/442 .
Oh man, I'm really sorry that's the case... You are so unlucky to have that happened to you, and
I can relate. You would be smart to stay away from antiandrogens then!
As you point out so well: with hairloss just like with many other things in life it often comes
down to risk-reward management, and you are clearly equipped with the right tools to maximize
this balance. I hope you find minoxidil working great for you, something that will be preferable
even over a hair transplant if it should be very effective on you. If not, there really are options for HTs
in this time we live in...and even better solutions in the future - that I'm certain of :)

Cheers
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 881
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1808
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts

Post by JLBB » 2 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago
That's precisely why Erdogan is not on my list. Lorenzo may have a long wait but I don't mind it as I think I can hold off transplants for a few years. I think Dr. Konior also doesn't use techs but transplants in the US are exorbitant.



Unfortunately finasteride gives me side effects, so I can't really use it. I am even scared of Nizoral because of it's anti androgenic effects. Minoxidil is something I should use but I have been putting it off. I just need to bite the bullet and hop on it.
I don't know your exact hair situation, but from what I gathered it was largely smaller hair line issues? Lorenzo is a very competent doctor and specifically in terms of FUE yields and talent at graft placement in the crown to achieve impressive coverage, he is one of the best in the world. He isn't though among the cream of the crop for hair line surgeons, he typically doesn't utilise particularly high densities either.

I suspect you were referring to Keser before, him as well as Dr. Pekiner and Freitas are the absolute top options for FUE. Personally I would have gone with Freitas but he has a yearlong waitlist last I read. No one produces more aesthetic hairlines, certainly he is well above Lorenzo as an FUE hair line surgeon in Spain. As are Pekiner and Keser by comparison.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 769
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2322

Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

JLBB wrote:
2 weeks ago
I don't know your exact hair situation, but from what I gathered it was largely smaller hair line issues?
Yes, more specifically the corners of my hair line.
JLBB wrote:
2 weeks ago
I suspect you were referring to Keser before, him as well as Dr. Pekiner and Freitas are the absolute top options for FUE. Personally I would have gone with Freitas but he has a yearlong waitlist last I read. No one produces more aesthetic hairlines, certainly he is well above Lorenzo as an FUE hair line surgeon in Spain. As are Pekiner and Keser by comparison.
I have not looked at Frietas. I will checkout examples of his work. I am impressed by Keser's results and work ethics, that's why he is one of my top choices.

By the way, if money was not a bar, which surgeon will you recommend to get a dense, NW1 hair line? Will it still be Freitas or is there someone else you would prefer? Also, do you think there may be any advantage of getting an hair transplant in India?? The surgeons there would be more experienced when performing hair transplant on someone with my skin type and physiology (not sure if it makes a difference )
Trump 2020

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 881
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1808
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts

Post by JLBB » 2 weeks ago

pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago
Yes, more specifically the corners of my hair line.



I have not looked at Frietas. I will checkout examples of his work. I am impressed by Keser's results and work ethics, that's why he is one of my top choices.

By the way, if money was not a bar, which surgeon will you recommend to get a dense, NW1 hair line? Will it still be Freitas or is there someone else you would prefer? Also, do you think there may be any advantage of getting an hair transplant in India?? The surgeons there would be more experienced when performing hair transplant on someone with my skin type and physiology (not sure if it makes a difference )
A clinic called Eugenix in India puts out some impressive work quite often, but it's a chain managed by a team of doctors and its likely overall less hands on. There's no one in India doing a similar approach to Keser for example. It would make a difference for a doctor in understanding approaches to coverage, and perhaps statistics regarding physiology of your skin type but it likely won't improve your specific results.

Freitas probably be my number one option. Dr. Hasson worth looking into also.

I think you'd be well off inquiring with Keser, Freitas and Hasson. Personally, in your position I'd book with Freitas for whenever you had a period free to do the procedure. He has a lot of results on the international forum to look at too.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 769
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2322

Re: 12 month results - Dr. Erkan Demirsoy - 3353 grafts

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

JLBB wrote:
2 weeks ago

I think you'd be well off inquiring with Keser, Freitas and Hasson. Personally, in your position I'd book with Freitas for whenever you had a period free to do the procedure. He has a lot of results on the international forum to look at too.
Keser and Frietas are my top choices then. Hasson and Wong are good but the following result on an Indian patient has created some hesitation in my mind.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/ ... ent-219415

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/b ... ROWTH/7062

That's a horrible result for 6000 grafts. It's especially bad as the procedure was FUT, a procedure with a better yield than FUE. It's a very small sample size and any surgeon can get bad results but it has planted a seed of doubt in my mind especially because the guy has similar physiology than mine. The guy must be devastated. He flew from India and probably had to save several years so that he could get the procedure (salaries in India weren't that high back in 2011). All he got in return was a joker scar at the back of his head.

The last pictures he posted were at 7.5 months mark. He never posted again which make me suspect that he didn't get much growth at one year mark.
Trump 2020

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests