Better body image after hair transplant

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Better body image after hair transplant

Post by Hairblues » 1 month ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
1 month ago
Agree.

Good point.
The difference is, I did not think my questions would make feel Afro feel better. I was aware they were somewhat invasive, and I hoped they would not make Afro feel worse.

EL's anecdote was fine, it's her statement "I hope I can cheer you up with my worst date experience." that people are having a reaction to.

I don't see what's so hurtful about that. That I consider her to have some privileges that men dont have.

Could be.

PS: See, I can take criticism, agree or disagree, and move on
You don't see what is as hurtful because you aren't seeing it from her perspective, you're only seeing it from yours and how you intended it and not how it landed.
It sounded like you saying to her 'your'e not one of us.' like you meant here. She's not one of us here.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 1 month ago

Admin wrote:
1 month ago
Who says people are supposed to get those nice memories? How do you know they were truly valuable for the people who supposedly got them? Their Facebook feed? Who says life is primarily about having fun times? Why do you think those fun times will sustain people when their lives inevitably get tragic?

I got to have those even before going through the roughest time of my life. They don't help, because only the here and now exist. Even those memories you have get distorded and you get this deceptive sense of nostalgia, you project on your own past with your current experience, in the same manner that you project on what other people let you see from their lives on social media.
The happiest of memories can turn into the most miserable of times, that's why we're human. When I look back at my life there is certain people or memories I would rather be without because they caused me so much pain, although at the time it was indeed great times.
But to live a life completely absent or close to absent of happy memories to look back on must be the worst of all.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 1 month ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
But to live a life completely absent or close to absent of happy memories to look back on must be the worst of all.
(Almost) Everyone has happy memories. In the context of this thread, Afro is talking about certain kinds of Happy Memories.

That time when you ate a good pizza - that's a happy memory.

That time when you listened to a good song.

Saw the Dark Knight.

Saw Scrubs.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
You have some sort of issue with her, nobody knows what it is, you probably don't even know.
I get the feeling he doesn't like me, and when I get that feeling I'm often right. It's different with @CaptainForehead, although he disagrees with me as much as or maybe even more than @Rudiger I never get the feeling that he has this hidden dislike for me. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like.
With Pat I don't really think he dislikes me per se, but I think some things I say frustrate him (and visa versa)
I just realized something from your post and that is I don't know one thing about who Rudiger is a a person. He's never told us any personal stories as far as I have seen. But yeah, he's quick to judge others when they choose to tell their stories.
Yeah, my story was incredibly misplaced and I see that now, but I didn't when I posted it. What's funny is that @Afro_Vacancy seems completely fine about the whole thing although he wasn't feeling the story clearly, but Rudiger is the one who overreacts although he wasn't even part of it.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
It's different with @CaptainForehead, although he disagrees with me as much as or maybe even more than @Rudiger I never get the feeling that he has this hidden dislike for me.
Love you babe. <3 :hearteyes:

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
I just realized something from your post and that is I don't know one thing about who Rudiger is a a person. He's never told us any personal stories as far as I have seen. But yeah, he's quick to judge others when they choose to tell their stories.
Yeah, my story was incredibly misplaced and I see that now, but I didn't when I posted it. What's funny is that @Afro_Vacancy seems completely fine about the whole thing although he wasn't feeling the story clearly, but Rudiger is the one who overreacts although he wasn't even part of it.
What else would you expect from a manager :roll:.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
1 month ago
(Almost) Everyone has happy memories. In the context of this thread, Afro is talking about certain kinds of Happy Memories.

That time when you ate a good pizza - that's a happy memory.

That time when you listened to a good song.

Saw the Dark Knight.

Saw Scrubs.
I remember watching The Dark Knight and Inception. I think that Christopher Nolan's movies meant a lot to a lot of men of our generation. They were thoughtful, somewhat original, and the narrative structure enabled the maintenance of a high-level of tension. Inception in particular kind of felt like the climax was nearly the full movie. It just kept going. Watching those movies in theaters was a totally immersive experience.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

CaptainForehead wrote:
1 month ago
Love you babe. <3 :hearteyes:

What else would you expect from a manager :roll:.
Love you too, Co-Captain Forehead :D

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
Love you too
dont.jpg
dont.jpg (30.5 KiB) Viewed 458 times
Added in 7 minutes 23 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
I remember watching The Dark Knight and Inception. I think that Christopher Nolan's movies meant a lot to a lot of men of our generation. They were thoughtful, somewhat original, and the narrative structure enabled the maintenance of a high-level of tension. Inception in particular kind of felt like the climax was nearly the full movie. It just kept going. Watching those movies in theaters was a totally immersive experience.
Didn't like Inception AT ALL.

Interstellar was OK, but not a big fan. Hated that the father basically ignored the son.
Last edited by CaptainForehead 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
Yeah, my story was incredibly misplaced and I see that now, but I didn't when I posted it.
For whatever it's worth, I didn't feel that way at all when I read it. It was a funny worst date ever story, which was totally appropriate given the topic. For me this is pages of drama about absolutely nothing.
CaptainForehead wrote:
1 month ago
Didn't like Inception AT ALL.
I didn't either... after repeated viewings on cable I guess I kind of like it, it grows on you. I don't like Nolan as a director though. That said I still haven't seen the Prestige, @Afro_Vacancy, I remember you saying you liked it so it's on my Netflix list.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

On the topic of movies, the last xmen movie. Holy fuck, what a piece of shit. How could they make such a confusing shit narrative.

Captain Marvel was ok, not good, and I'm amazed it made like a billion dollars.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 1 month ago

yettee wrote:
1 month ago
For whatever it's worth, I didn't feel that way at all when I read it. It was a funny worst date ever story, which was totally appropriate given the topic. For me this is pages of drama about absolutely nothing.

I didn't either... after repeated viewings on cable I guess I kind of like it, it grows on you. I don't like Nolan as a director though. That said I still haven't seen the Prestige, @Afro_Vacancy, I remember you saying you liked it so it's on my Netflix list.
I liked The Prestige a lot BUT I didn’t know what it was about when I saw it and I liked the unusualness of it.

Was an odd film.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 month ago
I'm definitely not ganging up on you.

I also DO know you as self-analyzing as you have done so privately with me in past via PM, I know you're human.

I don't agree with all of what he's saying about you, but I did agree with some of it.

Upvotes as have been discussed before aren't always about agreeing with posts in totality but some partiality.

However, you have said things to me in the past during back/forth on this forum that were wrong about me and my own character wihin a post, so when you do it to other people I do think you look a little too deep at times for bad in others.
I didn't mean for it to sound like you are intentionally ganging up on me, that was with regards to Afro bringing you in to his own posts as a "gang" mentality, saying "look! 2 people are telling you that you're wrong! And nobody agrees with you! So either admit it or you can't take any criticism you narcissist!". But I didn't mean that to come across you were at fault, but that's how he brought you in to it within his own posts (you were already saying your bit anyway). And no I don't take Upvotes for posts against me personally, as I am aware you can agree with the sentiment of the post but not necessarily everything. So no really, that wasn't referring to any way you acted.

I do appreciate you balancing up what you feel about me here and for some that isn't easy to do when you're seen as being on "a side" (which I know you don't intend), and which is actually part of why we started PMing in the first place. It's also why I quickly found out that I could be wrong about you from my initial characterisation, and I know I've done it since as well, which I don't know if it was resolved, but I guess we could talk about that another time.

The point generally is that my initial instinct was proved wrong about you, but to me that's an exception, most of the time I feel people's reactions to that initial criticism or even slight character dissection, reveals how that actually I might have been correct in my assumption.

About me, the main issue brought up about me here is whether I'm antagonising people out of constructive criticism, or whether it's letting off steam/sadism, and I'll admit that it's a mixture of both, but heavily weighted on being constructive (you and afro probably disagree), of course at times it's letting off steam, especially in cases where I've tried being constructive and it's not getting through.

A third reason and for me is most relevant, is that I see these same faults and thought processes in others, in the same way that I have seen in myself in some way. And when I see someone behaving a certain way, which I've behaved myself at some point (and all people can relate in some way to how others behave in any circumstance) it's something that makes me feel a compulsion to understand, because I've probably in some way behaved similarly in the past, or still do. So when someone behaves a certain way or continually behaves a certain way, I have some access to try and understand why that happened, why they think this is acceptable, why they'll continue to think this is acceptable, because I'm at a search in myself as to what made me like that in any relatable way.

I found it bizarre to me that I never self-reflect or feel negatively about myself (which was not your argument) because on HairLossTalk I went through a stage of a lot of my posts being solely about that, beating myself up thoroughly, analysing how every good act I've ever felt was down to pure human greed, and even the most thoughtful, humble and unrewarded thing I could do would result in thinking "I only did that because I could secretly feel good about it, and probably tell someone about it at some point anyway".

It's no surprise that I'm incredibly cynical towards people (including myself), and actually I think most people are, but it depends for them, which people you see as favourable towards you, or unfavourable towards you. Trying to really understand this has been everything to me.
EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
I get the feeling he doesn't like me, and when I get that feeling I'm often right. It's different with @CaptainForehead, although he disagrees with me as much as or maybe even more than @Rudiger I never get the feeling that he has this hidden dislike for me. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like.
With Pat I don't really think he dislikes me per se, but I think some things I say frustrate him (and visa versa)
Maybe even more? I don't think we've disagreed much at all, afro only gave up when he was pushed to use the Search function and realised this, you can do the same. Our biggest disagreement was me denying that I called you an idiot, our most recent disagreement in this thread is relating to something that you are now actually agreeing with.

And with regards to that, you only "see that now" because I pointed it out, if you read back on your reaction to him, you were clearly just annoyed/dismissive that he didn't appreciate the story you typed out.

Now? You realise it. And people are telling me I care nothing about being constructive with my criticism. It's about being self-aware on how you rub off on others, and you wouldn't do that again, here or in real life.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
You I don't think we've disagreed much at all, afro only gave up when he was pushed to use the Search function
You really jump to the dumbest fucking explanations, you do anything to avoid looking into the mirror and acknowledging that you're simply a narcissist and an asshole.

My "leaving" (I'm still here) had nothing to do with your inane request. The conversation obviously ended because your lack of self-awareness simply makes you profoundly uninteresting and boring. You do not have the possibility to learn as you do not have the willingness to learn -- you incorrectly believe that you know the answers and that you're above the forum. You're only going to repeat, repeat, repeat the same ignorant points over and over again as you try to beat everybody else into submission by posting endless 1,500 word soliloquies.

You write that you feel a compulsion to understand -- but you truly don't. What you feel is a desire to reframe the world in a manner that paints you in the most positive light and paints others int he most negative light. It's what you've been doing continuously for at least as long as I've known you. It's why you've attacked more members of this forum and the prior forum more viciously than anybody else. You just can't help yourself.

Circling back to this:
And I thought couple was restricted to 2 and googled it, where there's a lot of threads and topics debating it but yes you are correct. What it sounds like is that people started using a word incorrectly to imply more than 2, and did it so much that eventually it was added as a word. If I'm an idiot in thinking that then you think a lot of people are idiots.
The issue is not that you had a misconception of the English language. That happens to everybody from time to time. Everybody makes mistakes, yes even the omniscient @Rudiger can make mistakes.

The issue is that you didn't realize that you might have made a mistake. You saw that someone was using a word in a manner that you wouldn't use, and then, being the narcissist that you are, you naturally assumed that it was the other person who made the error. You didn't even realize the possibility that you might be the one in error until it was pointed out to you with a reference. That is because your first instinct is to always assume that the fault lies with others.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
My "leaving" (I'm still here) had nothing to do with your inane request. The conversation obviously ended because your lack of self-awareness simply makes you profoundly uninteresting and boring.
No it hadn't ended, I pointed out how my chasing and harassing of Evil was actually 3 disagreements at the most, and you then disappeared, now you've returned (you're still here, within minutes) and you haven't responded to the point that I didn't chase or harass Evil at all. If you think I have, spend 1/10th of the time you've spent writing your posts in this thread, and simply Search my username, and Evil mentions, and present how horrible I am.

I actually can't believe you went back to this pointless side show of a debate about "couple", this was my reply to you about it admitting you are correct:
And I thought couple was restricted to 2 and googled it, where there's a lot of threads and topics debating it but yes you are correct. What it sounds like is that people started using a word incorrectly to imply more than 2, and did it so much that eventually it was added as a word. If I'm an idiot in thinking that then you think a lot of people are idiots.
And the emotions it stirs in you:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
The issue is not that you had a misconception of the English language. That happens to everybody from time to time. Everybody makes mistakes, yes even the omniscient @Rudiger can make mistakes.

The issue is that you didn't realize that you might have made a mistake. You saw that someone was using a word in a manner that you wouldn't use, and then, being the narcissist that you are, you naturally assumed that it was the other person who made the error. You didn't even realize the possibility that you might be the one in error until it was pointed out to you with a reference. That is because your first instinct is to always assume that the fault lies with others.
No breakdown? K
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
No it hadn't ended, I pointed out how my chasing and harassing of Evil was actually 3 disagreements at the most, and you then disappeared, now you've returned (you're still here, within minutes) and you haven't responded to the point that I didn't chase or harass Evil at all. If you think I have, spend 1/10th of the time you've spent writing your posts in this thread, and simply Search my username, and Evil mentions, and present how horrible I am.

I actually can't believe you went back to this pointless side show of a debate about "couple", this was my reply to you about it admitting you are correct:

And the emotions it stirs in you:

No breakdown? K
What we still have not seen from you, and now you've had several opportunities to do so, is an apology. You haven't apologized to anybody on this forum for being the asshole that you've been, and you haven't acknowledged fault. Even now, your posts are all "me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger" except for the parts where you assign blame onto others.