Better body image after hair transplant

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Re: Better body image after hair transplant

Post by Pat » 1 month ago

EvilLocks wrote:
1 month ago
Thank you :)

Seven like the girl in Stranger Things? Unique name though :)

Names we're considering rn include

- Ylva
- Lucy
- Anna
- Olivia
- Vivian
- Andrea
Seven like Mickey Mantle. I'm just joking with Seven. It's a reference to Seinfeld. Haven't watched Stranger Things, but it's funny that they use the name.

If you really want the name, you can use it. It would be amusing that a baby is named after my (or George Costanza's) suggestion as that's probably the closest I'll ever get to actually having a baby. Although I'm not sure it's worth it as she might get bullied for that name.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 month ago

JLBB wrote:
1 month ago
People have mentioned that baldness makes you invisible, even at a NW2 I felt that way.
NW2 can brings the looks down considerably. I am around NW2 and I don't think I am near as attractive as I was in my dense, NW1 days. I think impact of NW2 depends on individuals. Some people may not be impacted by it, but others like me are. When look in mirror, I don't find myself as attractive as I used to be.

It's not in my just head either. I don't get near as much response from women. I no longer get approached in bars or get random compliments from women. Back n 2015, I visited India to attend my brothers wedding. My relatives who hadn't seen me for years were surprised to see me. They were asking m questions like, what happened to you?? You don't look as near as handsome as you used to be(indians can be very blunt). Their comments devastated me.

I don't think restoring my hair line to NW1 is going to fix me. I still wouldn't have density to sport the hairlines that I did prior to hair loss.
Trump 2020

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

It was different for me as I was probably at my best in my late 20s as a nw3.

When I was a nw1 at 20 years old I looked decent but I was a little too skinny and dressed like some pseudo bohemian. This was complimented by relatively bad skin, questionable hair styles, thin facial hair, and a general shyness with anyone I didn't know that worked as a shield to new people.

By my late 20s I'd put on enough muscle to be considered quite athletic, my skin improved, my face aged more preferably, I learned to dress much better, my beard had thickened, and while I was still sometimes internally shy I had learned to work through it and was able to meet new people with relative ease.

In those ten or so years, despite my hair loss, I had gone from almost sexless to sex in abundance.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

pjhair wrote:
1 month ago
NW2 can brings the looks down considerably. I am around NW2 and I don't think I am near as attractive as I was in my dense, NW1 days. I think impact of NW2 depends on individuals. Some people may not be impacted by it, but others like me are. When look in mirror, I don't find myself as attractive as I used to be.

It's not in my just head either. I don't get near as much response from women. I no longer get approached in bars or get random compliments from women. Back n 2015, I visited India to attend my brothers wedding. My relatives who hadn't seen me for years were surprised to see me. They were asking m questions like, what happened to you?? You don't look as near as handsome as you used to be(indians can be very blunt). Their comments devastated me.

I don't think restoring my hair line to NW1 is going to fix me. I still wouldn't have density to sport the hairlines that I did prior to hair loss.
You might not get 100% recovery, but might it not be that a ~50% recovery is worth spending $4,000 on?
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
It was different for me as I was probably at my best in my late 20s as a nw3.

When I was a nw1 at 20 years old I looked decent but I was a little too skinny and dressed like some pseudo bohemian. This was complimented by relatively bad skin, questionable hair styles, thin facial hair, and a general shyness with anyone I didn't know that worked as a shield to new people.

By my late 20s I'd put on enough muscle to be considered quite athletic, my skin improved, my face aged more preferably, I learned to dress much better, my beard had thickened, and while I was still sometimes internally shy I had learned to work through it and was able to meet new people with relative ease.

In those ten or so years, despite my hair loss, I had gone from almost sexless to sex in abundance.
I think if I follow your example and gain muscle and start to dress better, my looks will probably improve. I am fit, as I run a lot, but I am skinny. My diet is also not very good. My diet is a major issue for me. I am a vegetarian so it's hard for me to consume enough protein required to gain muscle. That deters me from committing to an intense training program.

Added in 3 minutes 37 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
You might not get 100% recovery, but might it not be that a ~50% recovery is worth spending $4,000 on?
To be honest, I tried finasteride and it backfired on me that lead me to lose hair. Since then I am a bit paranoid of taking any corrective action and want to put it on hold until I absolutely need it. I am really afraid of shock loss. Right now I am NW2 and my balding is not obvious. I am afraid shock loss will put me into NW3 territory. Therefore I am on wait and watch mode.
Trump 2020

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

pjhair wrote:
1 month ago
I think if I follow your example and gain muscle and start to dress better, my looks will probably improve. I am fit, as I run a lot, but I am skinny. My diet is also not very good. My diet is a major issue for me. I am a vegetarian so it's hard for me to consume enough protein required to gain muscle. That deters me from committing to an intense training program.

To be honest, I tried finasteride and it backfired on me that lead me to lose hair. Since then I am a bit paranoid of taking any corrective action and want to put it on hold until I absolutely need it. I am really afraid of shock loss. Right now I am NW2 and my balding is not obvious. I am afraid shock loss will put me into NW3 territory. Therefore I am on wait and watch mode.
Muscle gain will help most people a lot.

Its only the extreme pretty boys or artistic looks that wont look any better with an extra 15lbs of muscle.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

@Evillocks better not cut and run again. We need her, I need her.
For the love of South Western skies.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
Muscle gain will help most people a lot.

Its only the extreme pretty boys or artistic looks that wont look any better with an extra 15lbs of muscle.
I will give weight training a more serious thought. I probably should fix my diet first as I have heard that if I don't eat enough protein, I wouldn't make any gains.
Trump 2020

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

pjhair wrote:
1 month ago
I will give weight training a more serious thought. I probably should fix my diet first as I have heard that if I don't eat enough protein, I wouldn't make any gains.
Its very easy to hit at least 100g of protein a day. Just one large chicken breast and a large protein shake with milk will get you there. You'd probably get in 40 or grams of protein each day without even thinking about from your normal meals.

My go to meal was always chili con carne: tons of beef mince, vegetables, and kidney beans. Its loaded with protein and micronutrients. Depending if you are on a cut or a bulk would depend on the side. If I was cutting I would just eat the chili and the beans were enough carbs. If I was on a bulk then brown rice or a jacket potato.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

pjhair wrote:
1 month ago

Shock loss is temporary. I think that you should ignore the possibility.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
Its very easy to hit at least 100g of protein a day. Just one large chicken breast and a large protein shake with milk will get you there. You'd probably get in 40 or grams of protein each day without even thinking about from your normal meals.

My go to meal was always chili con carne: tons of beef mince, vegetables, and kidney beans. Its loaded with protein and micronutrients. Depending if you are on a cut or a bulk would depend on the side. If I was cutting I would just eat the chili and the beans were enough carbs. If I was on a bulk then brown rice or a jacket potato.
Thank you for your suggestion. I can't really eat chicken, beef,etc as I am a vegetarian. I don't mind milk though.

Added in 5 minutes 12 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
Shock loss is temporary. I think that you should ignore the possibility.
But I have seen examples of permanent shock loss as well. Also, I think I should try minoxidl for some time before considering hair transplant. I even bought rogain foam and used it once. But then I chickened out and stopped using it. I was worried about facial bloating and other skin related side effects. It's probably irrational but I can't get over my fear of side effects after being devastated by finasteride.
Trump 2020

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

pjhair wrote:
1 month ago
Thank you for your suggestion. I can't really eat chicken, beef,etc as I am a vegetarian. I don't mind milk though.

Added in 5 minutes 12 seconds:

But I have seen examples of permanent shock loss as well. Also, I think I should try minoxidl for some time before considering hair transplant. I even bought rogain foam and used it once. But then I chickened out and stopped using it. I was worried about facial bloating and other skin related side effects. It's probably irrational but I can't get over my fear of side effects after being devastated by finasteride.
Not to worry - there are tons of vegetarian protein shakes out there.

And I recommend getting Quorn mince (I think its called something different in America but you'll find it when you google) and using that for the chili instead.

Also, if you are vegetarian then look at your main protein sources and build meals around that: its likely to be quorn, eggs, beans. Learning to make incredible vegetarian food that's loaded in protein will make the transition easy for you.

CaptainForehead
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Avoid mirrors and other reflective surfaces

Post by CaptainForehead » 1 month ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 month ago
I also don’t think you were inconsiderate.

I think you had good intentions and the story just didn’t land how you intended it to.
Fascinating this men-women thing.

I also thought, when I read her story "WTF, how is this supposed to make Afro feel better??"

It's like someone got dumped, and you say to her "lets watch this funny romcom, it will make you feel better". NOOOOOOOOO :roll:

I also find it fascinating that @EvilLocks gets so hurt over some criticism. As has been mentioned, most of the men here here have to deal with much more vicious vitriol directed at them. We just move on. My conjecture for this difference is that life must be a lot more rainbowy for pretty women, and they just aren't accustomed to shit and disapproval being thrown at them.

Added in 3 minutes 16 seconds:
pjhair wrote:
1 month ago
https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/dymatiz ... er/d4-1006

Added in 11 minutes 45 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
I'm owed an apology from God and from my mother.

Your post didn't make me feel worse. But since it's brought up ...

I am feeling like shit, for reasons that have nothing to do with this forum. I almost fell into tears last night, while having dinner with my friend in a Mexican restaurant. This combination of shit has hit me hard, I worry about all my efforts being pointless, I feel like I'm running at 10 km/hour pace on a treadmill that's moving back at 11 km/hour.
It's hard being male. Hugs.
being_male.jpg
being_male.jpg (55.15 KiB) Viewed 430 times

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
I didn't get all of the nice memories and fun times that people are supposed to get between the ages of 15 and 30.
Who says this? I don't have those memories. I do have PTSD from my struggles ages 12-to now.
Most people in developing/poor countries dont have the memories you are talking about. Those happy memories are mostly
the domain of the elite (ie white people in rich countries).

The rest of us have to resort to some form of drugs (real or figurative) to escape a shit life. Overeating/drinking/TV/Video games/Fantasy books/actual drugs/religion.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 month ago
So your post was to school @EvilLocks on being considerate? To @Afro_Vacancy ?

And You think she owes Afro an apology for that post?
The post was to school someone (or, give advice) on being considerate when they are intending to be, and failing badly. You are creating a hyprocisy in the way that I have been inconsiderate towards afro in particular, the vital difference being that I wasn't at all intending to be considerate.

I said an apology wasn't even completely necessary, and to clarify I didn't even mean it's somewhat necessary, just optional. I personally don't think she had to, and I'd say she agrees, as she only did it after my observation. Her main concern was she typed out a story that wasn't appreciated.

What I wrote:

"I mean since my observation you've at least acknowledged the faux pas more strongly and apologised, which is not even completely necessary, just an acknowledgement instead of "it was just my funny story ok I found it funny"."

But I don't think she had to apologise because she didn't intend to hurt anyone, and in this case likely didn't really hurt afro, I just pointed out the social ineptitude of thinking "this is gonna cheer him up!". Then after not even realising how it looked from his perspective.

And I wrote about it while not necessarily caring about evil, but seeing this same self-involved lack of empathy or perspective in a decent amount of people, which is a bit frustrating but all in all, sad, I feel for them. Everyone around them thinks the same thing, like when they go out of their way to tell of their "tragedy", people feel a sense of cringe and embarrassment for them, and of course it does not make them any more likeable.

I did write that it's especially worthwhile to have this realisation in real life more than anything, but in all honesty she's probably worse in real life, in writing that post she had a lot of time to think "maybe he won't actually appreciate this?" but ploughed on with the funny story, and didn't even realise it on reflection (again, since I pointed it out). In real life people can blurt out even more insensitively tone deaf things without a second thought, and I could be wrong about evil on this, but we'll never know because of her brief brattish reaction to me (another prejudgment, I bet this happens frequently, without awareness).

My initial post didn't savagely attack her, or say she's intending to hurt anyone (apparently I'm the one who puts words in her mouth, ok) it was simply to say to be aware of this and recognize it, but instead people would rather just reassure her that it was a funny story, don't worry about it, keep doing it no big deal, friends probably love you for your quirky stories at such moments - this doesn't represent a bad character trait at all because no harm was done, so embrace it.

Similar case in point - you tell a guy he's showing manic traits, you have spotted signs of delusion for a long time, and it's only getting worse, and one way or another will result in a terrible crash in mood eventually - that you can't keep riding this wave forever, reality will always catch up and you can't trick it. The nurturing virtue signallers will berate how insensitive that is, "trying to put down a guy with a positive attitude as deluded, shame".

And all it takes is a non-violent mugging from some kids for him to spiral in to what seems to be complete breakdown, and my concern of that situation was real at the time, but I don't think it should equate to weeks of torment, not in a person grounded in reality at least.

But what's more important? Well if you have tunnel vision - just let the guy live it up and be happy, stop being such a downer, he does better than most guys on Bumble (with a standard of girl not revealed or remotely touched on) and his wave of positivity has no end in sight.

And fine, to @EvilLocks, you do you boo, I'm sure you eventually still would even if you did take a second to actually reflect, and I mean reflect more on yourself instead of giving pointlessly insincere apologies.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 1 month ago

CaptainForehead wrote:
1 month ago
Fascinating this men-women thing.

I also thought, when I read her story "WTF, how is this supposed to make Afro feel better??"

It's like someone got dumped, and you say to her "lets watch this funny romcom, it will make you feel better". NOOOOOOOOO :roll:

I also find it fascinating that @EvilLocks gets so hurt over some criticism. As has been mentioned, most of the men here here have to deal with much more vicious vitriol directed at them. We just move on. My conjecture for this difference is that life must be a lot more rainbowy for pretty women, and they just aren't accustomed to shit and disapproval being thrown at them.

Added in 3 minutes 16 seconds:

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/dymatiz ... er/d4-1006

Added in 11 minutes 45 seconds:

It's hard being male. Hugs.
being_male.jpg

Who says this? I don't have those memories. I do have PTSD from my struggles ages 12-to now.
Most people in developing/poor countries dont have the memories you are talking about. Those happy memories are mostly
the domain of the elite (ie white people in rich countries).

The rest of us have to resort to some form of drugs (real or figurative) to escape a shit life. Overeating/drinking/TV/Video games/Fantasy books/actual drugs/religion.
It’s not a male vs female thing.
I didn’t think that was going to go over well.
I just know she didn’t have bad intentions. Either did you when you asked him what I considered to be invasive questions at a bad time.
You both made posts to @Afro_Vacancy I thought missed the mark with what he’s going through at this moment.
he commented himself to both you and her appropriately that he wasn’t in head either time. And both of you accepted it and it moved on.
End of the day, in my opinion, none of this was that big a deal as it was made out to be.

Your second point.
Truthfully I think you criticism of her the other day really hurt her because she considers you a friend here and it kind of seemed to me out of left field and uncalled for.
Also she’s been through some serious shit at her age.
(No matter how many times you try to - can't find the word for it - slide inside our group, you will never be one of us guys, It's super easy for you to find a boytoy. You could find one inside 24 hours. And of course, wigs are not allowed for men by society.) when all she said is she felt she can relate to the bald guy in the film.
I felt the heaviest depression of my life when my hair loss started and I was in my 40s and in retrospect the effect (thanks to medication) so far isn’t so bad. But I still when t through that depression and I have had some really hard things that I’ve handled better. So I’m not prone to depression.
I can’t even imagine if I was in high school or having to have a hair piece in my early 20s. Shit I can’t imagine it now!
So male, female, ugly, pretty, she’s been through shit
and I’m not sure why you need to measure it vs anyone else’s pain.

I don’t think she cares about @Rudiger criticizinf her as much because he criticizes just about everyone at one point or other with this hard hitting approach, I think it’s just like a cumulative effect that’s been happening and this was nail in head.
I’ve noticed her fighting with Rudiger, Pat, that guy and you. It’s not half the forum obviously but it’s a good number of the regular posters.

She also may not be up for it because she’s pregnant. Pregnancy can definitely make women sensitive and it can also make them want to nest and feel good.
So I don’t think it’s anyones fault she’s gone, she left because she’s doesn’t want to feel bad at moment.
She may also just cool off and come back.

Added in 1 hour 2 minutes 3 seconds:
Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
The post was to school someone (or, give advice) on being considerate when they are intending to be, and failing badly. You are creating a hyprocisy in the way that I have been inconsiderate towards afro in particular, the vital difference being that I wasn't at all intending to be considerate.

I said an apology wasn't even completely necessary, and to clarify I didn't even mean it's somewhat necessary, just optional. I personally don't think she had to, and I'd say she agrees, as she only did it after my observation. Her main concern was she typed out a story that wasn't appreciated.

What I wrote:

"I mean since my observation you've at least acknowledged the faux pas more strongly and apologised, which is not even completely necessary, just an acknowledgement instead of "it was just my funny story ok I found it funny"."

But I don't think she had to apologise because she didn't intend to hurt anyone, and in this case likely didn't really hurt afro, I just pointed out the social ineptitude of thinking "this is gonna cheer him up!". Then after not even realising how it looked from his perspective.

And I wrote about it while not necessarily caring about evil, but seeing this same self-involved lack of empathy or perspective in a decent amount of people, which is a bit frustrating but all in all, sad, I feel for them. Everyone around them thinks the same thing, like when they go out of their way to tell of their "tragedy", people feel a sense of cringe and embarrassment for them, and of course it does not make them any more likeable.

I did write that it's especially worthwhile to have this realisation in real life more than anything, but in all honesty she's probably worse in real life, in writing that post she had a lot of time to think "maybe he won't actually appreciate this?" but ploughed on with the funny story, and didn't even realise it on reflection (again, since I pointed it out). In real life people can blurt out even more insensitively tone deaf things without a second thought, and I could be wrong about evil on this, but we'll never know because of her brief brattish reaction to me (another prejudgment, I bet this happens frequently, without awareness).

My initial post didn't savagely attack her, or say she's intending to hurt anyone (apparently I'm the one who puts words in her mouth, ok) it was simply to say to be aware of this and recognize it, but instead people would rather just reassure her that it was a funny story, don't worry about it, keep doing it no big deal, friends probably love you for your quirky stories at such moments - this doesn't represent a bad character trait at all because no harm was done, so embrace it.

Similar case in point - you tell a guy he's showing manic traits, you have spotted signs of delusion for a long time, and it's only getting worse, and one way or another will result in a terrible crash in mood eventually - that you can't keep riding this wave forever, reality will always catch up and you can't trick it. The nurturing virtue signallers will berate how insensitive that is, "trying to put down a guy with a positive attitude as deluded, shame".

And all it takes is a non-violent mugging from some kids for him to spiral in to what seems to be complete breakdown, and my concern of that situation was real at the time, but I don't think it should equate to weeks of torment, not in a person grounded in reality at least.

But what's more important? Well if you have tunnel vision - just let the guy live it up and be happy, stop being such a downer, he does better than most guys on Bumble (with a standard of girl not revealed or remotely touched on) and his wave of positivity has no end in sight.

And fine, to @EvilLocks, you do you boo, I'm sure you eventually still would even if you did take a second to actually reflect, and I mean reflect more on yourself instead of giving pointlessly insincere apologies.
So you’re now saying @Afro_Vacancy is having a complete break down? Because he was mugged and has a broken heart?

Did he say this to you or this is your evaluation from just reading his posts?
Last edited by Hairblues 1 month ago, edited 6 times in total.