2500 graft FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 7 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
7 months ago
I must have had a lot of shock loss, as my hair, in the recipient area, now looks worse than it ever has. That and I took a 14-day break from minoxidil, 3 days before the surgery and 11 days after, approximately, they actually asked for more for some reason.

I guess that this gives me something to look forward to ... My hair should drastically improve over the next 3 to 12 months.

Edit: These are some photos taken pre and post surgery by the surgeon's staff.

Edited to add #2: I want to post more photos but this is the maximum per post. I'll post more in the next post, which can't happen until somebody replies.

Added in 23 hours 27 minutes 17 seconds:
Post_1.pngPost_2.pngPost_3.pngPost_4.pngPost_5.pngPost_6.pngPre_1.pngPre_2.pngPre_3.pngPre_4.png
Kinda think it would have been ideal looking at the crown to do extend beyond that 2500 graft limit you gave, a think a few extra hundred in the crown would have been warranted to get that perfect. You're pretty lucky that your temple points remained strong and the width of the overall balding area is small compared to many, the frontal third should work out well.

I'd probably give it 5 months before it looks *better* though, beginnings of growth at 3-4 months look just as bad, potentially even more noticeable as hairs are all at different lengths.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 7 months ago

It's now a little over a month since my transplant.

My hair has never looked worse lol. I lost all or nearly all native hairs in the recipient region, I hope that this is shock loss and that they come back in a few months. As for the transplanted hairs, I'm curious why they have not all fallen out. Some of them are still there, still ~1 cm long or whatever, looking like stragglers. Is that normal?

The itch is now reduced by ~95%. I do have a little bit of sensitivity. I might start micro needling in a few weeks.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 6 months ago

These are the 60-day photos. My recipient area never went completely bald, so I'm not sure if there's any progress, but some of the hairs there seem to be longer than 1 mm. I think that this is a good sign, and that these are the first hairs to re-grow. That peach fuzz has approximately zero aesthetic value, but it may be a good sign of things to come. I no longer have any itch

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Guest-3 » 6 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
6 months ago
These are the 60-day photos. My recipient area never went completely bald, so I'm not sure if there's any progress, but some of the hairs there seem to be longer than 1 mm. I think that this is a good sign, and that these are the first hairs to re-grow. That peach fuzz has approximately zero aesthetic value, but it may be a good sign of things to come. I no longer have any itch

Image4.pngImage3.pngImage2.pngImage1.png
Looks promising Afro. Your new hair line will look fantastic when all the hair grows in. New hair should start to grow within a 4 to 6 weeks or so.
Trump 2020

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 5 months ago

Three months update, robust regrowth has begun.

As you can tell, these photos were taken at the hair salon.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 5 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago
Three months update, robust regrowth has begun.

As you can tell, these photos were taken at the hair salon.

ThreeMonths3.png

ThreeMonths2.png

ThreeMonths4.png

ThreeMonths1.png
At 3 months you can't really expect or deduce anything, but the topdown looks largely promising. 3.5-5 months is typically peak sprouting period.

Char
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nothing.

Post by Char » 1 week ago

What is your opinion of negative reviews about Dr. Cinik's clinic? I read some nightmare-inducing stuff like two girls using their phones while performing the surgery, overharvested donor area, pluggy and unnatural looking hairlines (I saw some of his patient's results and this is unfortunately true in some cases).

Are you sure they didn't drug you? Because I read one review where one patient was given an unknown pill prior to surgery and immediately fell asleep.

Was the operation performed by Cinik's technicians or Cinik himself? I assume since you chose the primary package he wasn't even involved in the operation itself.

Relying on technicians may be a gamble since you don't know which team you'll get. Were you aware of that?

Will you recommend his clinic for a higher Norwood such as myself? It's kinda funny that Cinik's team said you needed 2700 grafts for your surgery as NW2 when they stated I'll need the exact same number as a NW5 to fix hair line and crown.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

Char wrote:
1 week ago
What is your opinion of negative reviews about Dr. Cinik's clinic? I read some nightmare-inducing stuff like two girls using their phones while performing the surgery, overharvested donor area, pluggy and unnatural looking hairlines (I saw some of his patient's results and this is unfortunately true in some cases).

Are you sure they didn't drug you? Because I read one review where one patient was given an unknown pill prior to surgery and immediately fell asleep.

Was the operation performed by Cinik's technicians or Cinik himself? I assume since you chose the primary package he wasn't even involved in the operation itself.

Relying on technicians may be a gamble since you don't know which team you'll get. Were you aware of that?

Will you recommend his clinic for a higher Norwood such as myself? It's kinda funny that Cinik's team said you needed 2700 grafts for your surgery as NW2 when they stated I'll need the exact same number as a NW5 to fix hair line and crown.
The "unknown pill" is xanax. I'm glad that I took it, between that and the jet lag, I managed to sleep through 80% of my hair transplant, which is really the best way to do it. There is no reason to be awake during the hair transplant. You lie down and do nothing -- it's boring. To be honest, I'd also be afraid for some of the people on here and on HairLossTalk to be awake during their hair transplant, they might be obsessively compulsively trying to micromanage the medical staff to tell them what to do. I don't mean you by the way, I don't know you well enough to say that.

I was aware of what I was going into. I chose Cinik based largely off of a review from Spring15 on HairLossTalk, and because they had good service. I didn't want to have to take care of all of the hotels and all of the taxis and all of the drugs, they took care of that for me. I have had a good result that I am happy with.

Honestly, I think that your skepticism is irrational. They are extremely unlikely to butcher you. They're running a business, not a scam operation. I was there. They have a nice clean building with a lot of staff, where they do between 10 and 30 hair transplants a day. Their most valuable asset is their reputation. That applies to them and to Turkey as a whole, as this is a major industry for Istanbul. You're worried about it being a technician who moves the hair, but the head surgeon, Emrah Cinik, was the one who drew the hair line and did inspect the surgery before, during, and after. Moreover, given that the technicians do a ton of transplants that are evaluated by senior staff they will get better at it. Keep in mind that this isn't brain or heart surgery, don't make it more complicated than it is.

I will also tell you my greatest regret it with respect to the hair transplant: I didn't do it sooner. I had the money to do it as early as spring 2017, I should have done it then and gotten it over with and moved on. It's a fine procedure that provides a modest improvement in aesthetic and a significant improvement in peace of mind. Don't spend years agonizing. Just call them up, schedule your transplant, and get it over with, ... as soon as the quarantine is lifted lol. There is a peace of mind that will come to you a few months after the surgery, when you find yourself not only looking better, but also no longer worried as much about your hair. You'll find that when photos are taken, you'll be worrying about things other than how your head tilt makes you look more or less bald.

Also, if I have one criticism, it's that they probably didn't need to use 2,750 grafts for me. The front of my hair line is now unnecessarily thick, I think that 1,500 hairs would be enough, including 500 on the crown. But I have exceptionally curly hair.