2500 graft FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Guest-1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: none

Re: 2500 graft FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Guest-1 » 4 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 months ago

One issue is that the combination of jet lag and post surgery medications and heat and humidity is making me nauxious. I'm now lying in bed and tired.
It seems normal, no?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 4 months ago

pas wrote:
4 months ago
It seems normal, no?
It is, but Istanbul is one if the most beautiful cities in the world, i would have liked to enjoy it more.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

Guest-1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 months ago
It is, but Istanbul is one if the most beautiful cities in the world, i would have liked to enjoy it more.
Indeed! I would like to visit Istanbul someday too. It seems very beautiful and sophisticated. And the food seems great ^^
How long are you staying? Do you think you will get the chance to walk in the city before you fly back?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

pas wrote:
4 months ago
Indeed! I would like to visit Istanbul someday too. It seems very beautiful and sophisticated. And the food seems great ^^
How long are you staying? Do you think you will get the chance to walk in the city before you fly back?
I got to do a bit of exploration today. I had some nice food, went to baklava shops (as in patisseries that just sell baklava), bought some gifts for my girlfriend, and saw the Hagia Sophia. I hope to do more stuff tomorrow, and to justify that I'll have to stay up late tonight and work.

To visit Istanbul, get a hair transplant, hang out in the hotel, and leave, would be very unfortunate.

But it's difficult. Even today, I ended up lying in bed between 1100am and 100pm, the combination of stresses meant that I was not feeling well.

Guest-1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 months ago
I got to do a bit of exploration today. I had some nice food, went to baklava shops (as in patisseries that just sell baklava), bought some gifts for my girlfriend, and saw the Hagia Sophia. I hope to do more stuff tomorrow, and to justify that I'll have to stay up late tonight and work.

To visit Istanbul, get a hair transplant, hang out in the hotel, and leave, would be very unfortunate.

But it's difficult. Even today, I ended up lying in bed between 1100am and 100pm, the combination of stresses meant that I was not feeling well.
Haha I had forgotten your special love affair with patisseries ^^ Baklava <3 I do prefer an algerian patisserie called "Corne de gazelle" in French (apparently also called Tcharek)... with almond paste.
In my mind, in Istanbul you can eat great cumcumber salads! no?
The Hagia Sophia must be one of the most beautiful basilic in the world!

Well you are lucky, you get to have more hair and you have seen hagia Sophia :D

I am pretty sure people are quite beautiful there.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

I went in for my last shampoo at the clinic today. I also bought some extra shampoo, some biotin pills, and some aloe vera gel to reduce the itch near my extraction region. Right now, I am roughly 96 hours post op. I feel some itch in the back of my head, whereas the top of my head looks nearly fine but us sensitive to the touch. My hair is also starting to grow back ... They did buzz cut me to like a 0.0005 or whatever.

I asked the photographer to email me the photos. I want you guys to see the line that Dr. Cinik drew.

I spoke to two other guys who got treatment today.

The first was an Australian guy of Lebanese descent who works in the construction industry who spent three years researching hair loss surgeons. He got 4700 grafts to go from NW5 to NW2, which included beard and chest hair. I think that he has two cousins coming in for their own surgeries tomorrow.

The second was a London man of South Asian descent who was there with his wife and child. He got 4200 grafts. I don't recall the rest of his story.

Added in 1 minute 54 seconds:
pas wrote:
4 months ago
Haha I had forgotten your special love affair with patisseries ^^ Baklava <3 I do prefer an algerian patisserie called "Corne de gazelle" in French (apparently also called Tcharek)... with almond paste.
In my mind, in Istanbul you can eat great cumcumber salads! no?
The Hagia Sophia must be one of the most beautiful basilic in the world!

Well you are lucky, you get to have more hair and you have seen hagia Sophia :D

I am pretty sure people are quite beautiful there.
Yes, there are a lot of very good looking people in this country. But I think that's true of all Mediterranean countries.

I did get jealous of this strikingly handsome, blue-eyed, grey-haired Kurdish man who sold me coffee.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 4 months ago

@Afro_Vacancy, post pics please.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 4 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 months ago
Yes, there are a lot of very good looking people in this country. But I think that's true of all Mediterranean countries.
:smirk:
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

@Admin, @JLBB what did you do to reduce the post-transplant itch?

I feel major itch in my donor area and in my crown, and a small itch on my lower third recipient area?

I'm on a flight now, when I get off I'm going to find a pharmacy (after customs, etc) to get an anti histamine and maybe some paracetemol and hydrocortisone.

The Aloe Vera gel is useless.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 4 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 months ago

I feel major itch in my donor area and in my crown, and a small itch on my lower third recipient area?

I'm on a flight now, when I get off I'm going to find a pharmacy (after customs, etc) to get an anti histamine and maybe some paracetemol and hydrocortisone.

Ah, I guess I don't have any better than just bearing the discomfort.

Keeping myself active (to the extent that you can after a FUE) helped putting my mind off the itch that would arise every now and then: try engaging movies, TV shows, video games etc.

I guess you could try an anti-histamine if it doesn't interfere with the healing process.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 4 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
4 months ago

Don’t scratch the itch. Unfortunately that simple, it’s nothing to worry about and for at least a week isn’t going away. I’d stick to the paracetamol and maybe am ago inflammatory

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 months ago

JLBB wrote:
4 months ago
Don’t scratch the itch. Unfortunately that simple, it’s nothing to worry about and for at least a week isn’t going away. I’d stick to the paracetamol and maybe am ago inflammatory
Thank you, that was helpful. The itch is now ~90% gone. It subsided due to ... not scratching, applying moisture, paracetamol / acetaminophen, and taking some anti-histamines.

I'll post the photos as soon as their lazy photographer sends them to me.

Added in 22 hours 46 minutes 26 seconds:
The clinic told me that their photographer is on break for Eid, until August 20th. OK. I'll get the photos then.

In the meantime:
- The itch is now ~95% gone, I only feel a tiny bit in the crown area;
- I'm now able to sleep without waking up in the middle of the night due to itch;
- I don't think that my new hair line has fallen out, and it's been 12 days. I guess that it should fall out soon. As far as I can tell, all of the crusts are gone.
- The scalp is still sensitive, I can't apply much force on it.
- I've restarted minoxidil. I might switch to foam due to my hair being short, the liquid just seems to roll down my forehead, which it doesn't do when I have thick hair. I took ~14 days off minoxidil, 3 days before the surgery, and 11 days after, approximately.
- I took the suggested biotin supplements but not the suggested saw palmetto supplements. I hope to restart micro needling a few weeks from now.
- I'm now walking outside without a hat.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

I must have had a lot of shock loss, as my hair, in the recipient area, now looks worse than it ever has. That and I took a 14-day break from minoxidil, 3 days before the surgery and 11 days after, approximately, they actually asked for more for some reason.

I guess that this gives me something to look forward to ... My hair should drastically improve over the next 3 to 12 months.

Edit: These are some photos taken pre and post surgery by the surgeon's staff.

Edited to add #2: I want to post more photos but this is the maximum per post. I'll post more in the next post, which can't happen until somebody replies.

Added in 23 hours 27 minutes 17 seconds:
Post_1.png
Post_1.png (599.79 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Post_2.png
Post_2.png (602.11 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Post_3.png
Post_3.png (334.34 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Post_4.png
Post_4.png (402.93 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Post_5.png
Post_5.png (260.21 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Post_6.png
Post_6.png (164.78 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Pre_1.png
Pre_1.png (335.26 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Pre_2.png
Pre_2.png (408.52 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Pre_3.png
Pre_3.png (325.31 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Pre_4.png
Pre_4.png (303.36 KiB) Viewed 843 times

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
I must have had a lot of shock loss, as my hair, in the recipient area, now looks worse than it ever has. That and I took a 14-day break from minoxidil, 3 days before the surgery and 11 days after, approximately, they actually asked for more for some reason.

I guess that this gives me something to look forward to ... My hair should drastically improve over the next 3 to 12 months.

Edit: These are some photos taken pre and post surgery by the surgeon's staff.

Edited to add #2: I want to post more photos but this is the maximum per post. I'll post more in the next post, which can't happen until somebody replies.

Added in 23 hours 27 minutes 17 seconds:
Post_1.pngPost_2.pngPost_3.pngPost_4.pngPost_5.pngPost_6.pngPre_1.pngPre_2.pngPre_3.pngPre_4.png
The new hair line looks good. It will fill in your temple corners pretty nicely and will frame your face better.
Trump 2020

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Here are the remaining images.
pjhair wrote:
3 months ago

The new hair line looks good. It will fill in your temple corners pretty nicely and will frame your face better.
Thank you !
Attachments
Pre_8.png
Pre_8.png (253.63 KiB) Viewed 806 times
Pre_7.png
Pre_7.png (279.37 KiB) Viewed 806 times
Pre_6.png
Pre_6.png (330.3 KiB) Viewed 806 times
Pre_5.png
Pre_5.png (353.71 KiB) Viewed 806 times