FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Discuss hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT), surgeons, results, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: FUE with Emrah Cinik's clinic in August 2019

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 months ago

Istanbul flight is boarding.

I ended up not telling my girlfriend. The relationship is young and things are going so well. I'll tell her on Thursday.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

Johnson
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Johnson » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago

I ended up not telling my girlfriend. The relationship is young and things are going so well. I'll tell her on Thursday.
Us men are such excellent communicators xD .

But seriously, have a speedy recovery and stay strong, it's all worth it in the end.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 2 months ago

good luck bro

how and when did you meet ur girlfriend by the way?

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

I got it done this morning. I went into the clinic at 800am and left by 200pm, which included blood tests, extractions, discussions, etc.

The most painful part was just before the extractions, I think that they were applying anaesthetic at that point. I fell asleep in the period in which they were implanting the hairs.

I got 2750 grafts, all in the lower third, my hair line will be a one or two inches shorter than it was, but not as low as my juvenile hair line. He showed me where that would be by having me lift my eyebrows and frowning, basically it'll be getting halfway there. Within the frontal third, he drew a circle around the eventual island, he did not place hairs there, figuring that there was enough density there.

The building was clean, the staff were friendly, they explained things well, and I'm starting various medications tomorrow. My only complaint is that they're giving me fucking paracetemol as a painkiller. I'd like something stronger, my head feels inflamed now. My pain level is like 6.5/10.

I was afraid that I'd need to get up and take a shit during the surgery -- that sounds unsanitary. But it did not happen.

My room service dinner just got in. I'm going to eat that since I can't step outside.
Last edited by Afro_Vacancy 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
I got it done this morning. I went into the clinic at 800am and left by 200am, which included blood tests, extractions, discussions, etc.

The most painful part was just before the extractions, I think that they were applying anaesthetic at that point. I fell asleep in the period in which they were implanting the hairs.

I got 2750 grafts, all in the lower third, my hair line will be a one or two inches shorter than it was, but not as low as my juvenile hair line. He showed me where that would be by having me lift my eyebrows and frowning, basically it'll be getting halfway there. Within the frontal third, he drew a circle around the eventual island, he did not place hairs there, figuring that there was enough density there.

The building was clean, the staff were friendly, they explained things well, and I'm starting various medications tomorrow. My only complaint is that they're giving me fucking paracetemol as a painkiller. I'd like something stronger, my head feels inflamed now. My pain level is like 6.5/10.

I was afraid that I'd need to get up and take a shit during the surgery -- that sounds unsanitary. But it did not happen.

My room service dinner just got in. I'm going to eat that since I can't step outside.
post pics please

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

supremegentleman wrote:
2 months ago
post pics please
Tomorrow.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago

I really think this is a silly idea. You will look ridiculous after the procedure is over for roughly a week, and stay below par for at least 3 months. You'll come back in a fragile state and objectively look like you were hiding something or insecure. There should be nothing to hide, and you're not going to be able to do regular activities with her for at least a week anyway.

Good luck with the procedure though, I'm sure it will go well. Especially with your hair type very eager to how good it looks, your hair didn't look too bad in the last post of yours I saw either.

Added in 5 minutes 40 seconds:
pjhair wrote:
2 months ago
I would personally just tell her the truth. I believe it is possible to tell her in a way without looking insecure.

I was recently surprised to see how acceptable hair-restoration has become in some parts of the world. For example, in the following video, ex-Indian cricketer Sourav Ganguly openly talks about his hair-restoration.

Sourav is not alone in this. I believe Australian cricketer Shane Warne also had a transplant and so did British cricketer Ian Botham. Everyone knows about South African cricketer Jacques Kallis's transplant. Gautam Gambhir has also admitted to wearing hair system

Not only cricketers, Indian movie stars also openly admit to getting transplant. Because of these open admissions, transplants are seen as something very normal in India. I have even seen women recommending it to their boyfriends/spouses.
Technically he's not talking openly about his hair-restoration, because hes a wig wearer. Advanced Hair Studios deals in wigs 99% of the time, all of the well known crickiters including Kallis and Warne that have "had transplants" are wig wearers.

Despite that, Indians have some of the thickest hair of any race and it often gives very good results for a much lower number of grafts than would be required by whites which is likely part of why its more normal in India. Even surgeons who I think do very bad and sloppy work like Bhatti who is very famous gets good results on Indians because of this, and does so for a very cheap price.
Last edited by JLBB 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

JLBB wrote:
2 months ago
I really think this is a silly idea. You will look ridiculous after the procedure is over for roughly a week, and stay below par for at least 3 months. You'll come back in a fragile state and objectively look like you were hiding something or insecure. There should be nothing to hide, and you're not going to be able to do regular activities with her for at least a week anyway.

Good luck with the procedure though, I'm sure it will go well. Especially with your hair type very eager to how good it looks, your hair didn't look too bad in the last post of yours I saw either.
I ended up telling her over the phone last night. It seemed to go ok, but I hope that it actually did.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Char
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shave, wiggy or hatty.

Post by Char » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
Did those people actually use general anesthesia instead of a local one? Sounds like it since you were asleep during the procedure. I had like 4 general ones as a child and it seriously fucked up my memory (I was very good at math, but after my first anesthesia I became really bad at it).

It's strange, since usually hair transplant doctors use local anesthesia when you don't sleep during the procedure. Plus you said that you feel pain, that's also kind of odd as I've have never heard about the pain after the procedure.

I'm also considering Cinik due to budget reasons, but I'm not a finasteride user, so that kind of complicates things for me. It's either gamble with transplants or become a full-time wig user.

Anyways, I wish you to get the gains you want.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Char wrote:
2 months ago
Did those people actually use general anesthesia instead of a local one? Sounds like it since you were asleep during the procedure. I had like 4 general ones as a child and it seriously fucked up my memory (I was very good at math, but after my first anesthesia I became really bad at it).

It's strange, since usually hair transplant doctors use local anesthesia when you don't sleep during the procedure. Plus you said that you feel pain, that's also kind of odd as I've have never heard about the pain after the procedure.

I'm also considering Cinik due to budget reasons, but I'm not a finasteride user, so that kind of complicates things for me. It's either gamble with transplants or become a full-time wig user.

Anyways, I wish you to get the gains you want.
It was local anesthesia. They also gave me a pill to relax that might have been Xanax, and I was jet lagged.

I don't use finasteride.

Added in 11 hours 17 minutes 30 seconds:
I'll post photos when their photographer emails them to me. He took a bunch.

Today is the day after surgery and I'm mostly tired and want to sleep. I went in for some instructions, they changed my bandages and I took the relevant pills. I'm going back tomorrow for the first shampoo, and maybe the day after.

Dr. Cinik passed by and said that things look good, density looks good, etc. They told me to avoid alcohol and caffeine for 7-10 days, which I will grudgingly do. I need to avoid exercise for thirty days. They gave me some special post surgery moose and shampoo and told me how to use it.

I walked a bit around their hospital. They're in a new building. They do maybe 10 transplants a day in the summer, and 30 a day in the winter. She said that this is because people would rather go to Istanbul in the winter.

I asked my nurse how many languages Turkish kids learn in school. She said that sometimes they learn English, but usually the teachers don't even know English. I asked if they learn Arabic and she said no, but many learn it while studying the Koran.

Guest-1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: none

Post by Guest-1 » 2 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 months ago
It was local anesthesia. They also gave me a pill to relax that might have been Xanax, and I was jet lagged.

I don't use finasteride.

Added in 11 hours 17 minutes 30 seconds:
I'll post photos when their photographer emails them to me. He took a bunch.

Today is the day after surgery and I'm mostly tired and want to sleep. I went in for some instructions, they changed my bandages and I took the relevant pills. I'm going back tomorrow for the first shampoo, and maybe the day after.

Dr. Cinik passed by and said that things look good, density looks good, etc. They told me to avoid alcohol and caffeine for 7-10 days, which I will grudgingly do. I need to avoid exercise for thirty days. They gave me some special post surgery moose and shampoo and told me how to use it.

I walked a bit around their hospital. They're in a new building. They do maybe 10 transplants a day in the summer, and 30 a day in the winter. She said that this is because people would rather go to Istanbul in the winter.

I asked my nurse how many languages Turkish kids learn in school. She said that sometimes they learn English, but usually the teachers don't even know English. I asked if they learn Arabic and she said no, but many learn it while studying the Koran.
"things look good, density looks good" :D I feel like you are going to have a very good results my friend !
Why should you avoid caffeine?
A transplant would be the only possible reason for me not to have my daily caffeine. I succeeded in quitting smoking (I admit I have one here and there), but never was able to quit caffeine. This shit is my life.^^

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 2 months ago

JLBB wrote:
2 months ago
Technically he's not talking openly about his hair-restoration, because hes a wig wearer. Advanced Hair Studios deals in wigs 99% of the time, all of the well known crickiters including Kallis and Warne that have "had transplants" are wig wearers.
Yeah, I was wondering why Ganguly isn't talking about what he actually did to fix his hair. I always thought Kallis got a transplant but I haven't really looked into it. Sehwag though seems to have gotten a transplant. I recall a cricketer saying that part of the reason they do it is for marketing. It increases their brand value resulting in more advertisement contracts and money.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

It's now been roughly 48 hours since the surgery. I went back in today for my first shampoo. They first applied some spray, then some 20 minutes later they used a cup to gently pour room temperature water on my head, along with a bit of shampoo. They tapped gently with their fingers, but my scalp is very sensitive so it hurt. I'm now waiting in their lobby to be driven back to the hotel.

I'm waiting for them to send me the pictures.

I talked to a French guy en Français who also got surgery. He needed ~4800 grafts, so they also used his beard and chest hair. He knew his stuff, and said that he got his info from private forums. He finds the clinic to be extremely organized.

Whereas staff speaks to me in English, they speak to him in French.

Guest-1
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: none

Post by Guest-1 » 2 months ago

Ça semble prometteur !
Unfortunately, I don't have beard and chest hair...^^

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

I got another shampoo at the clinic today, and an going in again tomorrow. The redness is slowly receding and I'm hopeful that my skull won't look like a strawberry by the time i get back to work in a week.

One issue is that the combination of jet lag and post surgery medications and heat and humidity is making me nauxious. I'm now lying in bed and tired.